Author Topic: Maintenance  (Read 16653 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Maintenance
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2016, 09:20:20 PM »
@Carl I'll add my praise in with all the others! As you know (after all my moaning lol) Tapatalk refuses to load images unless I stay on that page for an age and a half. So, imagine my delight when I loaded up a story and within minutes the images were starting to show! I can't say whether it is doing it for ALL stories (it's 3am here and I'm wondering what I'm even doing awake lol) but I'll feedback over the next few days to let you know whether that has been fixed once and for all! You're our hero!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2016, 08:31:49 AM »
@Carl Thank you for working so hard to get the forum to work better for everyone =D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2016, 07:27:16 PM »
Thanks you all, really means a lot to me. I'm moving this to the member zone so people can see the announcement on image uploads :D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2016, 02:06:07 PM »
@Carl I'm not receiving any e-mails about PMs, I checked my profile settings and e-mail notifications are enabled.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2016, 05:56:20 PM »
It is our mail provider. Someone is spamming with the same IP, so they will hopefully change us to a 'clean' IP, get us off the block list and take care of whoever was sending spam. Also hopefully ban whoever IS sending spam.

Hopefully this isn't a frequent thing, or I'll have to find some other solution. I cannot send email via my new server or I'd do it myself, it's just part of the policy.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2016, 08:27:06 PM »
I've also got a weird one (big surprise) I can access all the stories I follow except sdhoey's TS4 IDC. Which sucks because I really want to see how Tony Brooks completed this for they and for Shannon to get into HoF. And as per usual it's only on Tapatalk :'(

Sent from my D2005 using Tapatalk

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2016, 11:16:41 PM »
In recent times, whenever I do a post with pictures it always sends me to the 505 error screen. I return to the previous screen and attempt to post it again, to be told the post was posted properly. So I go and check, and sure enough the post is there. Is this a case of me needing to clean my cache? It seems to have started around the time of the move to the new isp.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2016, 11:28:51 PM »
It's recommended that if you get the 505 error to try clearing your browser's cache.

Clear your browser's cache - How-To
http://help.ea.com/en/article/clearing-your-browsers-cache/

It's a good idea to do this every now and again to ensure smoother web browsing.  If this doesn't solve the problem, please either @Carl or email him at: [email protected]
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2016, 08:25:25 AM »
I've also got a weird one (big surprise) I can access all the stories I follow except sdhoey's TS4 IDC. Which sucks because I really want to see how Tony Brooks completed this for they and for Shannon to get into HoF. And as per usual it's only on Tapatalk :'(

@Magpie2012 Could you send me the link you're trying or the chapter of the story name at least? I went through her whole list of story links and found them working. We may have a few stray links that don't work because of the new server not supporting a 'pretty url' feature we were using before, this caused me to have to forward a lot of older links. It may be one of them is in that format and I missed it.

@Deklitch went through server logs trying to find any 505s. It may be related to permissions in the attachment area but I cannot be sure. I'll investigate a bit more, let me know if it persists once you clear cached files/images.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2016, 08:30:27 AM »
@Carl I use the img tags for pictures, rather than the attach command. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2016, 08:40:43 AM »
@Deklitch that makes this even weirder. I made an assumption that it was related to that. Now, I did just turn back on 'allow users to go back to cached pages'

What that does is, when you are taken to a page you've visited it will be the same instead of trying to refresh. It may be that it was off and your browser wanted to fetch the cached pages anyway. Let me know if that change helped.

Otherwise, we'll work together and I'll enable debug-level logging for a bit, which makes the access log huuuge, and you can try so that I can see what's going on. Then I can turn that featuer off as it'd like fill up the hard drive in a day or two :P

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2016, 12:06:04 PM »
@Carl I'm not really sure how to get the link, it's on Tapatalk (as always). And it's always the 2nd to last page (so 124 on BB Tapa and I think 16 on Android Tapa)

Edit: sorry 42 on BB which means Android is 124!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2016, 01:16:58 PM »
@Magpie2012

I'm not sure if this is the particular story you are talking about or not. If it is, can you see any part of this story? Does it cut-off on a certain page, and then you can't see the rest of the story?

The Return of Brooks
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22340.msg396688#msg396688
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2016, 01:51:15 PM »
@Magpie2012

I'm not sure if this is the particular story you are talking about or not. If it is, can you see any part of this story? Does it cut-off on a certain page, and then you can't see the rest of the story?

The Return of Brooks
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22340.msg396688#msg396688

She is having a problem with Tapatalk. She was able to access it thru a link on her mobile browser. I'm having the same problem with Tapatalk, but it has nothing to do with the site it's self.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2016, 02:38:30 PM »
What is confusing me is that it's only that story, the rest I can access.

@MrsFlynn yes, that's the story I'm talking about, it was the whole of the last page on the "normal" site that I couldn't acess on Tapatalk. It would open the story to the last page which was usually the last 2 posts (NJ and shannon I think) and then wouldn't load the page before that, but it would load the page before THAT one (totally weird)

@sdhoey so its a Tapa problem and not the site? So weird...

Edit: @Carl @MrsFlynn the new image attachments for mobile ease of viewing don't show up right in BB Tapa, going to check Android now. It pushes the images to the end of the post, in an attachment tag, and not in the body of the post.

Re-edit: nope android tapa does it too