Author Topic: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 07/08/16)  (Read 65605 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 17/04/16)
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2016, 09:33:48 AM »
There are readers who "can tell"? (Is it Paolo?)
I couldn't but I still loved the sight of Kessy languidly lazing in the pool in her little whatever-you-call-it.  Float?

Yay, another wonderful Hawaiian name!
I'm glad the infant stage is only 3 days because I can't wait to see Leilani as a little girl.
Lana and Ru are so cute together, but you have denied us in-house shipping before, hehe.

Your screenshots are always so beautiful!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2016, 09:41:17 AM »
@oshizu Oops, sorry, typo. It's fixed now and thanks for letting me know. I was lazy with his makeover, guys take so long as there are only two trousers that I frequently use (the chinos from GTW & RGS, they basically look the same). I call them floaters, I believe they are called sun lounger as well - it was tricky to get it in place x.x

Me too, after the screenshots were taken I pretty much ignored poor Leilani unless she needed to be taken care of. Thank you as always for complimenting my screenies <3
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2016, 12:44:59 PM »
I so want to try the poses but they just seem like too much work to me in Sims 4

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2016, 04:01:55 PM »
Don't feel bad for ignoring the non-burrito NJ, I was busy with my Founder and spouse, in tab mode, when they suddenly paused and when I exited tab, my nooboo had grow up alone O_O I'm such a bad Watchette (Oshi, I so love that word! Thanks for coming up with it, much love)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2016, 05:04:40 PM »
Nice little family scenes! I can't bring myself to get the poses for Sims 4... I became obsessed with them in 3, so really trying to avoid them now XD

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2016, 07:02:04 AM »
hehe, that's so cute, I love all the desperation over the puppy.  Too funny about Kessy letting them know pets don't exist.  I also laughed about there being only so much do to with the nooboo, and Lana wandering back to her toys.  So is the nooboo going to be called Lani?  Lana and Lani.  Cute!  As usual your screenshots are beautiful, I love your PS tweaks.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2016, 12:22:53 PM »
    SimGuruDrake wrote: »
    {omitted} I’d like to give you something that is official and that I’ve been helping work on: On Tuesday, April 19, we will be providing you with a look at content to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months. I will have more information for you about this then, but am excited for you to see what we have in store.

Do you think we might get pets?

I got the quote from here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14730604#Comment_14730604

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2016, 12:26:40 PM »
@sdhoey There are sooo many poses I want to try and plan to use in the future, it's setting Sims + objects in the exact place that makes things complicated.

@Magpie2012 I tried to pay attention during Lana's age up, and almost missed Leilani's.

@Shewolf13 I'm the opposite, I didn't go too crazy for poses until 2013/14.

@wfgodot It was interesting too see that Mitch and Ru were not really into the movie as Lana and Paolo, too cute! I wish pets would come soon, whenever I have headlineeffects on I see the animal bubble thoughts more often. Another wish, toddlers! Only because I want some sweet sibling interactions  ;) I'll leave it up to the readers to decide what Leilani should be shortened to. (Leia, Lani, Leila).

@oshizu I'm not too sure, as mentioned above I have been seeing animal bubble thoughts so often (during a test file in Granite Falls to tackle that annoying 5 nights in a tent milestone). I hope we do, they're going to look so cute, if not I'm happy with any new content/gameplay.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2016, 03:39:02 PM »
Ahhh all the adorable children cuteness all over the place.  A really close family friend is half hawaiian and all of her kids have middle names given by the matriarch of the family.  Leilani has always been one of my favorites though. 

I really enjoyed the updates and it's nice to see all the family interactions!  I'm still curious about the freezing female but I think that might require me continuing the catch up reads of your past attempts!  (It's taking more time than I like to admit.)

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2016, 04:36:37 PM »
Lovely chapter, cuteness all around. As for a nickname for Leilani, I'm a Star Wars fan so I'm pretty partial to Leia myself. Can't wait to see what she looks like as a child! Also, super stoked for a possible Pets expansion :D

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2016, 10:39:44 PM »
I would go with Lei... Lani is way too close to Lana, it would be easy to confuse them!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2016, 05:56:03 AM »
@Ricalynn I don't know anyone of Hawaiian descent so I had to Google some names and Leilani sounds so lovely ^^

@ManiSims Ever since getting Kessy back into the Leia costume I've been wanting to name a child Leia.

@Magpie2012 I think i will go with lei as that is where the name originates from, thank you  ;)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty - Ch. 19
« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2016, 10:30:47 AM »
19: A Glowing Light, A Promise

It started with mysterious lights. Lights that Kessy had almost forgotten about so when she went to investigate, she was in for a surprise. Too late she realised what was happening and there was nothing to do but grumble and let the beam carry her away.

For once she was alone, the ship was on autopilot. There were refreshments and she indulged on Zombie Cake and several glasses of Amyddelight and watched the stars twinkle by until Sixam came into view.

She beamed down not too far from the Wormhole Generator (need to remind Ash to build me one of those) and waited for her alien friends. Who would it be this time?

Technician 5 and 13 came to greet her.

“You lot have been slacking lately, it’s my first abduction of this dynasty!”

“We’ve been pretty busy with all the alienboos,” Technician 5 said.

“We need your advice,” his companion said. “Lately, Sims are showing no interest in raising our offspring and they’re being returned at an alarming rate, barely having time to learn secrets of the Sim way of life.”

“Eh. I thought we were going to party,” Kessy couldn’t hide her disappointment. So she explained about dynasty rules, the heir couldn’t be an abduction baby, females didn’t go around abducting males for procreation (that’s what CaveSims did a gazillion years ago), and some Sims just didn’t want to be pregnant without their say so.

“But we always ask for permission,” Technician 13 said – she had overseen many, many test subjects agree and sign confidential documents.

“Yeah but then you go and mind wipe the poor things,”

“Must work on that then,” Technician 13 typed a note in her tablet. “You’ll be pleased to know we’ve abducted several Sims you may have heard of: the Dude, the Bald Coot and some guy named Barney – who didn’t turn out to be a purple dinosaur,”

“We wanted the purple dinosaur.”

“Bald Coot... You mean Colt? Oh, my! Bwahahaha! Thanks for the info,”

“Oh, we must thank you. Is there anything we can do before your return home?”

“Nah, I need to harvest some plants and collect a few things then I’ll be on my way,”

“Hey, next time I expect a party invitation, OK?”

“Wait for me aliens,”

“Oh poor Ven, you’re too young to die!”

“I didn’t even get to know him,” Paolo said.

“At least he died in his favourite room,”

“Before you say anything I’ll be as quick as I can, we’re shorthanded as it is. Are those real tears, Kes?”

“Shh!”

“If you’re going to stick around for a while, how about a game of chess?”

“I would but I seem to be stuck in this corner,”

“Why are you still here?”

“Got a job to do,”

“Oh... Is it painful?”

“Nope, the scythe is pretty harmless. Usually. Accidents have occurred.”

The children had no time to mourn, homework needed to be done.

“Bye everyone, I’ll see you soon,”

“Ru, sweetie, would you mind not going into the living room right now?”

“Why?”

“Eh, just go play with Lana, please?”

“I want to see what’s happening,”

“Mum!”

Lana was already sobbing as the adults stood around Ash in silence.

“Mum, don’t leave me!”

“I – I tried to stop him...”

“I know,”

“Ru, I’m so sorry about your Mum. She’ll be alright, you’ll be alright.”

“No, I won’t!” He looked up at her angrily.

“I promise she’ll be fine, Grim’s a friend even if he doesn’t seem like one. He and I have a deal, we’ll see Ash whenever she wants to come back, just not right now and not at home. Your mother, she was like my sister and I promise you’ll have the most amazing life a Watched Sim could have. You can be whoever you want, as long as you’re not a DBBD,”

“Hey Ru, my mum’s right. You’ll be OK ’cause I’m your big sis and that mean old Grim will get his bum kicked to Outside Space!”

A few years later they had a cemetery built. They were dressed in white and laid down flowers. They remembered those that had been gone for so long now and the man they had never met.

“He was quite the ladies man,” Ru said.

“I remember Venkat helping me with my chess games, didn’t he always let us win?”

“Yeah,”

“Mum, I miss her every day.”

“Well, it’s not like we haven’t seen her around. Mum promised and she always keeps her promises.”

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 19/04/16)
« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2016, 11:08:53 AM »
*Sniff* Aww.. you had a twofer too.   

That memorial area is absolutely gorgeous and man, I can't wait to see how those two grow up!  You really are having fun with the positions aren't you?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Refreshed, Recycled: An Immortal Dynasty (Updated: 19/04/16)
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2016, 11:40:32 AM »
Awww, I hate twofers.  They're always so sad :( Have to agree with Rica on the memorial area!  It's beautiful.  Ugh... must resist poses! lol

anything