Author Topic: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 5/2/2016 Completed  (Read 7456 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/20/2016
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2016, 12:53:28 PM »
All your spares are lucky KRae, I always move my spares out since their points don't count after the heir becomes a YA. :P They never live fulfilling lives. XD
Congratulations to Veda fulfilling her lifetime wish! I can't wait to see Shasha's nooboo! Also, I was laughing really hard:
Victor: No wonder we get along so well. Youíre easily impressed, and Iím impressive.
Keep up the momentum KRae!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/21/2016
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2016, 10:05:25 AM »
@oshizu , The one thing that isn't shortened is the mourning period. Even the midlife crisis only lasts 2 days.

@LivvieLove , Yes, they lead fulfilled lives if you consider harvesting money trees fulfilling. I'm keeping those trees going in case an heir finally is a green thumb. Veda actually completed the gardener career before Victor became a YA.

Victor: I know a lot has happened today, but I just wished to marry you.
Shasha: Me too! Yay!

Veda is Neat and makes a wonderful babysitter.
Veda: This is my favorite spot for reading, and those dirty diapers ruin the ambience. The magic mirror is close by too. Like my new dress?

Victor had his adult birthday.
Victor: I want to divorce Shasha and move.
You just married her maybe 12 hours agoÖand no!

Shasha aged up moments later.
Shasha: Woo! Iím happy with things just the way they are!
Thank you. Now go add to your family.

Victor: Youíll be really happy once you learn this and donít have to take this smell with you wherever you go.

This is why heíll be checking for monsters under his bed in the futureÖor most likely under Vedaís bed upstairs like the rest of the kids have.

Victor had the time and decided to be a hands on dad.
Victor: Youíll be learning photography. Itís a family tradition.
Uri: Hmmph.
Donít worry. You donít actually need to use a camera.

Shasha: Ah, nooboo. Iíll tell Victor later. No need to interrupt his wormy dreams.

Veda: Why are you hiding from Auntie Veda?
Uri: Every time I set a toy down, even for a second, you put it away.
Veda: Iím a helicopter cleaner.

Hey! I caught the picture of Victor completing his painting career.
Good on both of us!

Veda: Well, thatíll wake a gal up. I might as well make the bed.

A Shasha skill update: Level 10 writing, level 8 painting. Sheís coming along nicely. She has a much better chance of supermaxing painting than she does completing the writing career, so weíll concentrate on that.

Uri had his birthday. Iím still not sure who he resembles, but heís cute.

Uri is Insane, Clumsy, and Eco-Friendly. I could follow this kid around all day while he listens to his multitab. Heíll be around a lot. His birthday was on Friday so heíll be a teen on Sunday and never go to primary school.

He made it to level 8 in photography that day.

This will be Victorís 5th masterpiece and complete his supermax. He learned handiness at his dorm and wished to improve his skill, so he uses his multitab while painting.
Victor: See? Impressive!

Shasha was going to wash up and take a nap in the rocking chair, but the next heir decided to make her appearance.
Can you move a little I can hardly see her?

Shasha: Better?

On the ground we have Uniform, our heir, who is a Brave Couch Potato. Uma is a Heavy Sleeper and Good.

I think we may need to haul the playpen and walker back out of storage.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2016, 12:10:29 PM »
I really like Shasha and her dreads!  She and Victor seems to be really doing well with their various requirements.
"Helicopter cleaner"--I like that. I wish I had one of those at my place.

And...oh my, twins!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2016, 03:41:15 PM »
Oh Veda, she's fantastic. XD
 8)

I'm surprised you've kept the garden up! I've tried keeping mine up, but it's definitely been neglected by the Nixs.
Also, yay for twins! That's more points for you! :D
Welcome to Uniform and Uma! Your lives will be crazy and short, hang on for the ride!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/22/2016
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2016, 09:40:27 AM »
@oshizu , I use to be a helicopter cleaner. I've relaxed a bit over the last few years. The twins were a complete surprise. All the other twins were worked for.

@LivvieLove , The garden consists of 16 (maybe 18) money trees. All that's required is a little weeding, harvesting, and hauling in the cash. Now that I have a spare spare, Uma will probably be moving out when she hits YA as flirting prevention if nothing else.

Uri wanted to meet a supernatural. The library seemed as good a place as any. While he was there, he reached level 10 in photography and claimed total library domination.

Uri: Hi, nice fairy man. Youíre going to live for a long time. My baby sister is going to need a spouse in about 10 days.
Nice Fairy Man: Thanks for the warning, kid.

Veda continues to be an excellent, autonomous babysitter.

There were three birthdays the next day. Uri went first.

Veda: Stupid mascot interrupting our cake.
Well, he wants to get to know you better,
Veda: Iím unflirty, fella. Now go away.

Uri quickly learned his first level of gardening and went to register as a self-employed gardener. He got to level seven the first day.

Next up was Uniform. She has dark hair under her hat and Victorís brown eyes. She may look mostly like Barry.

None of the generation seven kids were given Imaginary Friend dolls. That meant Uniform had time to enjoy the dollhouse while her sister aged up.

Uma has Victorís blond hair and lavender eyes. She may end up looking a lot like Whiskey.

Victor decided to go old school with the toddler skills again. He taught both girls to walk.

The women took over with the talking while Victor took Uri out to learn to drive.

Lessons were interrupted by Shashaís elder birthday.
Shasaha: My back may suddenly hurt, but Iím cute!
Yes, you are.

Not so cute.

Birthday time again.
Uniform: Whatís going on with my hair up there?
Iím not sure. Weíll fix it after your sisterís birthday. Go listen to your multitab.

Uniform: This is my best day ever!

Uma: I got frizzy ponytails.
Yeah, weíll fix it in after your sisterís. Go listen to your multitab.

Uma: This was just out of my reach all this time. (4 days) Oooh! Sim ant.

Uniform did really well in school and got a A in two days. She went to do homework with this girl who lives across the street from the school.
Uniform: My brother tells me that you have a teenage brother. Is that true?
Girl: Sure. Why do you ask?
Uniform: Oh, no reason.

Suddenly  returning from the family cemetery, Snuggles made an appearance.

As did Pal. They both aged up to elder and were shooed away.

Shasha completed her lifetime wish. She has completed 27 paintings with 3 brilliant and 1 masterpiece. With massive abuse of the motive mobile, will she be able to supermax the skill?
Shasha: Eh, itís a toss up.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/22/2016
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2016, 10:03:49 AM »
Uma is simply stunning in your shot of her playing Sim Ant!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/23/2016
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2016, 06:46:56 AM »
@oshizu , Uma would have made a lovely heir.

Once again there were three birthdays in one day. It was a Friday, so the girls would only have one day of school.
Uniform went first. She is now a Natural Cook.

A birthday is not complete without somebody dying.
Veda: Darn mascot! Canít a gal even die in peace?
Veda, age 29, was an amazing sim. Before Victorís YA birthday she maxed both photography and gardening and reached level ten in the gardener career. Thatís three points and a lot of babysitting from Veda. You were the best.

The family powered on through it all. Uma became a lovely teen with a Good Sense of Humor.
Uma: I sense you are interested in money, lots of money.
Uri: HmmÖ

Uri became a young adult without the benefit of a cake. Thatís okay, they were stuffed by this time anyway. Uriís final traits are Insane, Clumsy, Eco-Friendly, Snob, and Daredevil. Uma was right his lifetime wish is Swimming in Cash.

Uniform maxed photography.

Uma did too, but I was busy watching Uniform learn to cook.
Uniform: Iíve got this, Watcher. You donít actually have to watch.

Whatcha doing, Victor?
Victor: I thought Iíd upgrade these nectar machines. Iím at level 9 in handiness, and since Uniform is a natural cook, even if her lifetime wish doesnít involve nectar making it could be a good career choice for her.
I completely agree. Thereís no way sheís going to be a chef, even if she does keep popping that wish. After this, go buy some more expensive nectar.

Victor maxed Handiness while painting. Shasha is working on her second masterpiece in a row.

The family took time off for Uriís graduation all in their formal wear. Maybe itís time to send some of them off to the dresser.

Iím not sure if you can see it up there in the money trees, but Uri just completed his lifetime wish and is now swimming in cash Ė officially.

He celebrated on the waterslide. He loves it but gets a negative moodlet from wasting water.
Uri: Hey, Iím crazy.

Shasha is still painting like a crazy woman. She painted three brilliants in a row and only needs one more masterpiece for her supermax.

Here it is, Shashaís 5th masterpiece. Well done, Shasha.

Snuggles has become a disruptive pest. The family has plenty of these potions stored soÖ.

I know youíre waving hello Snuggles, but youíre really waving goodbye. Kicked out.

Victor purchased yet another motive mobile. We may start selling them at some point as itís beginning to look like a used car lot.

Uniform: Dad went to all that trouble. I might as well learn nectar makingÖ.I love it! *proceeds to pop wish after wish for nectar making*

At age 28, Shasha began feeling light-headed while painting. It wasnít from the fumes.

Sorry to see you go, Shasha. She left the family with 4 points from maxing writing and painting, completing her LTW and a medium tombstone.

A little later, Uri reached the top of the gardening career.

That same night, while having a nice talk with the magic mirror, Victor, also 28, went to join Shasha.
Victor maxed handiness, guitar, and photography along with supermaxing painting for 5 points. He got 2 more from maxing his career and completing his LTW. He purchased and upgraded the art museum, the library, and the Old Town Cemetery. Thatís another 6. Add 5 more for 3 kids and a large tombstone. Victor got 18 points.
Victor *ghostly voice*: See Ė Impressive.

Later that night, Whiskey came out to greet generation 6.
Generation 6 added a total of 25 points making the grand total 108. Thatís more than I hoped to make in the entire dynasty.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2016, 07:30:25 AM »
Wow, Victor earned as many points by himself as the entire first generation! I am impressed!
How hilarious about Uri's negative moodlet from the water slide! Too funny!
Great update! So much happened!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2016, 12:00:29 PM »
Woo! Go Victor! How impressive is that? Very impressive. Of course.
Onto generation 7! You're almost at the final countdown!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2016, 04:50:46 PM »
I can't believe you're this far in the dynasty already! The introduction was just hilarious  :D

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/24/2016
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2016, 09:17:58 AM »
@oshizu , I don't think I'll have another Breve as impressive as Victor. I don't think anyone else will be going to university and we're getting low on properties to buy.

@LivvieLove , I'm amazed at how fast this is going and how hectic it is.

@Malley , Hi, good to see you here!

Youíd better go get ready, Uniform. You donít want to be late on your only day of high school.
Uniform: Do I have to go? I just made a life changing discovery. I can actually make inappropriate posts on this thing.
Yes, now get going.

Uma, on the other hand, stayed home and had her birthday on the slim chance that she would get an immediately fulfilled lifetime wish. She didnít. She chose Master Magician. At least thereís a chance that we might see her perform someday.

Uma Ė Heavy Sleeper, Good, Ambitious, Good Sense of Humor, Easily Impressed Ė got a job as a magician and moved away to this house. Have a good life and thanks for the one point.

After school, Uri and Uniform celebrated her birthday. Her traits are Brave, Couch Potato, Inappropriate, Natural Cook, and Computer Whiz. Her lifetime wish is to be a Culinary Librarian. Sheís now a self-employed nectar maker.

Uniform: Okay, Iím ready. Letís go find me a spouse.
Itís 3am. Iíve checked around and nobodyís out and about. Cool your jets.

The next morning was interrupted by graduation. Uniform was voted Most Likely to Never Leave the House. Just as soon as she finds a man, they may be right.

Uniform checked around town, but didnít have much luck until she went to the gym. She found this youngish vampire, but they really werenít interested in each other.
Vamp: Try my brother, the werewolf over in the corner. He may be more your type.
Uniform: Family history would agree.

Thatís the brother, Tomas Schultz, in the white shorts. Of course, random lady died and slowed things down a bit. Uniform and Tomas did become friends though before he became just too tired and hungry to carry on.

The next day she invited Tomas over and convinced him to move in.
Uniform: As you see, weíre the only family in town with a waterslide.
Tomas: Wow!

Tomas drank the potent cure elixir that had mysteriously appeared in his inventory and immediately aged up to adult. Tomas wanted to be Leader of the Pack. Sorry. His traits are Neurotic, Canít Stand Art, Bookworm, Green Thumb, and Natural Born Performer. Oh good, youíll enjoy the forced money tree tending.

Out by the waterslide, Uniform and Tomas became engaged.

Uri had his birthday later that day.

Okay, Uri, go ahead and finish up your gardening skill and get started learning handiness. With a bookworm and an inappropriate computer whiz in the house, it might be nice to have one or two more unbreakable computers. After the heir is a young adult and the spares canít gain any more points, I let them learn the easy way.

Uniform: Iím eating an outstanding grilled cheese. Maybe it will settle my stomach.
I have my doubts.

Uniform: Aw, Iím pregnant. I bet I can write a doozy of a post about this!

Pregnant women are fortunately allowed to make nectar.
Uri: Ah, Uniformís high school diploma. Fascinating.

Uniform maxed her nectar making skill rather quickly.

She also completed her lifetime wish after learning how to make fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I thought she had one more recipe to go and just missed the 35,000 point shot. She must have learned a new recipe watching Cookiní Cable.

I had a little more control over the completion of her nectar making career. Aw, Tomas is dreaming about tiny shoes.

The men left for the library just before Uniform went into labor.

Okay guys, itís safe to come home now. Tron Breve has joined the family. Sheís Eccentric and Insane. So maybe itís not that safe.

Tomas had been wishing to marry Uniform for a while. After Tronís birth, she finally agreed. They both also popped wishes to just get married in general too. Nice going!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/24/2016
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2016, 01:50:21 PM »
Awww, Uma moved out! She's really a gorgeous sim!
But Uniform is also very pretty and I was delighted that she'd found herself such an attractive spouse. His traits...uh, Green Thumb! Score!

Is there a genetic proficiency that gets passed on through which subsequent generations get successively faster at skilling?
Uniform completed so much so quickly! An inappropriate Computer Whiz--there's no troll aspiration in Sims 3?

How does this challenge compare to your Family Empire? Are you enjoying the brevity of the Breves more?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/24/2016 #2
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2016, 04:20:03 PM »
@oshizu , Uniform skilled quickly because photography, nectar making, and cooking all have associated tabcasts, and I moved one of their Chinese incense holders to the nectar basement. With the nectar making career, even the expensive aged nectar the family purchased and stored generations before count when sold. I am enjoying the Breves. One thing is that with so few sims living in town, the file loads up in about 4 minutes. The Empire took about 30 minutes to load for several generations.

The family had a nice quiet evening at home. While Tron did her floorboo thing, Uniform watched the cooking channel, and Tomas started writing. He was close to the top of both the gardening skill and career and really wanted to write.

All on his own, Uri took up painting. He actually eventually completed both paintings all on his own.

Like his Auntie Veda, Uri had little tolerance for dirty diapers.

Tomas maxed his gardening career, or maybe it was his gardening skill listening to a tabcast. Iím not sure, he did both quickly.

Tron became a toddler.
Uri: Ugh! Ew!
Tron: Sorry. *hehe*

It was around this time that Uniform realized she was pregnant again.

Uniform: Woo! Potty training accomplished!
Tron: Well, I helped.

She more than helped with talkingÖ

Öand walking.

Tomas: Aah! Incoming!
Itís a baby. You donít need to protect your head.

Little Tango was born, Neurotic and Artistic. Another artist.

That night at the park, Uri became an elder while swinging.

Which, of course, meant that Tomas followed right behind.

Uniform: I am the best cook in all of Riverview.
You probably are, but thatís not saying much.

Tron got the Bookworm trait as a gift for her child birthday.
Tron: I want to take a writing class.
Okay, but listen to your photography tabcast on your way.

Uniform gained 2 or 3 days of life due to her second pregnancy, but did eventually become an adult. One moment itís ďWoo!Ē, the next itís ďI want a divorce.Ē

There was soon a toddler in the house again. Tango learned his skillsÖ

Öand played with his daddy.

As the first Breve to receive a special doll since Victor, Tango soon became friends with his imaginary friend who he gave the girlís name Hesper.

Tron became a teen with the Kleptomaniac trait. She maxed the photography skill as a child while sitting on the school bus, and now wanted to concentrate on writing and reading as many books as possible. In fact, so much so that she decided that she wants to be a Professional Writer. Iím sure that she can easily complete that lifetime wish, but probably not before Tango becomes a young adult.

Poor Uri: Two bookworms and an inappropriate poster whoís a computer hog. *must upgrade many computersÖmumble, mumble*

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2016, 06:22:28 PM »
In Sims 3, sims will get a divorce whim? How....realistic.

Your are really whizzing along with the birth of the T's (Generation 7).
I had to google "tabcast" at the Sims 3 store, extremely handy object for the busy sim!

Hard to believe how quickly you've progressed through this challenge! 
Do you have a favorite sim so far? Uri?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Cruising the Danube, Amsterdam=>Budapest Dec 2018
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2016, 12:49:32 AM »
@oshizu If they get the randomly determined 'mid life crisis' on age up to adult, sims get a number of special wishes to do with that. One such is a wish to get a divorce, or to flirt with someone other than their partner/spouse, or a makeover or to move houses.

I choose to never let them take on or complete any of those wishes, as some are not really appropriate when playing dynasties, and once you move them down to one of your four wish spots, you can't remove them

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2016, 02:32:08 AM »
Haha! Do I ever know about inappropriate forum postings! Reid seems to do that everytime I turn my back on him!

Uniform: Woo! Potty training accomplished!
Tron: Well, I helped.
Hahaha! I swear KRae, you have me dying with laughter sometimes!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/25/2016
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2016, 02:45:31 PM »
@oshizu and @Deklitch , The only midlife crisis wishes I accept are things like plan a new outfit, grow a beard, and buy a car worth over 10K, if they have the money.

@LivvieLove , Ha, and Reid needs that computer for his career!

Time passes so quickly. Tomas maxed the writing skill without ever wishing to do so. Hereís a picture of him anyway. This is mostly what he does.

Tango had his child birthday gaining the Excitable trait.
Tango: As soon as I eat this cake, I want to take a writing class.

Uri whimpers and upgrades yet another laptop.

That evening, Tango set Hesper on the floor.

Tango: You may not be tired, but I am. Letís speed this best friends thing up a little.

Tango: Here drink this. Trust me.

Hesper: Thanks, you can go to bed now.

Iím not pushing any skills on Hesper, but she did fish own her own for a little while.

Then she got distracted by the waterslide. Hesperís traits are Loves the Outdoors, Supernatural Fan, and Hot-Headed with the emphasis on the Loves the Outdoors.

Hesper wandered in where Tomas, our best-selling author, was telling the dynastyís very first ghost story.
Tomas: The giant beetle hid under the bed, waiting to give the little green-haired girl the surprise of her short life.
Hesper: Gasp!

Shortly after dark, the next night, Grim came for Uri at age 28. Before Uniformís young adult birthday, Uri managed to max photography and his gardening career. He completed his LTW, Swimming in Cash.
He contributed so much more than those 3 points. Iím not sure why, but the spares are always my favorites.

Grim stayed to use the ever popular waterslide. While all this was going on, Tango maxed photography. I had a good excuse for missing it this time.

Iím going to use the same excuse for forgetting to give the kids their birthday cakes.
Tango was first. Heís now Disciplined.
Tango: Iím keeping the hair.

Then it was Hesperís turn. She suddenly became Shy.

Prom was the next day, so through their tears, Tango asked Hesper to be his date.
Hesper: I wasnít going to go, but since you asked, okay. Now let me fix my hair and find some pink clothes.

Ah, look at them all dressed up.
What are you wearing, Tron?
Tron: Iím dressed for fighting.
Indeed, our prom queen was in several fights. Tango and Hesper, on the other hand, had their first kiss and are now going steady.

While the kids were at prom, Uniform became an elder. Weíre keeping the hair.
Uniformís been taking things easy. Sheís completed all the nectar skill challenges except Vizard of Vine, and weíre not even trying. She also purchased the Nectary. It cost over $900,000. There are only four available properties left so those will be saved for future generations.

Tron became a young adult right after prom. Some random stalker helped her celebrate. Her final traits are Insane, Eccentric, Bookworm, Kleptomaniac, and Charismatic. Sheís already making good progress on her Professional Author LTW.

Two days  later, the day before Tangoís YA birthday, Tron surpassed the $4,000/week royalties requirement and completed her LTW. Iím very impressed.

After midnight, Tron reached level 10 in writing. Just like her father, she never popped the wish. So, yah, hereís the picture. Speaking of her father, Tomas is 32 and two books and about $2,000 away from supermaxing writing. He now writes sports books worth between $900 and $2100, so if he can avoid Grim for one more day, he just might make it.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2016, 02:56:42 PM »
You're such a pro! All the LTW fulfilling, supermaxing, property purchasing and so forth without even trying, lol!
And you're running out properites!!!
Even without Flip (hehe), all the Breve kids are so attractive.

Love Tron in her white/light grey apparel in the last shots!
Only three more generations--it's speeding by much too quickly!

Also, I forgot to ask a few chapters back, but why did Snuggles get a youth potion before being kicked out?

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2016, 03:51:21 PM »
You're such a pro! All the LTW fulfilling, supermaxing, property purchasing and so forth without even trying, lol!
And you're running out properites!!!
Even without Flip (hehe), all the Breve kids are so attractive.

Love Tron in her white/light grey apparel in the last shots!
Only three more generations--it's speeding by much too quickly!

Also, I forgot to ask a few chapters back, but why did Snuggles get a youth potion before being kicked out?
I believe that was an Imaginary Friend made real potion. I don't think she gave him a youth potion. :)
Perhaps I misread it.

I completely agree with Oshizu, KRae, the end is dawning far too quickly!
Meanwhile I'm over here dawdling on generation 4. ::)
I've loved seeing this journey progress. It'll be a bittersweet ending.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/26/2016
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2016, 08:12:41 AM »
@oshizu , @LivvieLove  is right. That was an Imaginary Friend Metamorphium. Snuggles looked mostly real, but was still a doll. The only was to kick him out was to make him real first. This is going fast. I realized I only need to come up with one more spouse since this ends when gen10 becomes a young adult. That's a relief.

Well done, Tomas. You completed your writing supermax. You deserve a rest. If you live two more days, you can actually collect that 24K in royalties. He did.

In fact, itís probably time to get rid of the garden. Your last perfect life fruit plant just died. Is that foreshadowing of your demise? It wasnít.

Tango became a young adult at his easel. His traits are now Neurotic, Artistic, Excitable, Disciplined, and Good Sense of Humor. He wants to be a Master of the Arts.

Hesper had her birthday out in the back forty, playing catch with Uniform. Her traits are Loves the Outdoors, Supernatural Fan, Hot-Headed, Shy, and Heavy Sleeper. Her lifetime wish is to Reach Max Influence with All Social Groups. Iím not sure what triggered that. All her other choices were job based.

The family was off to graduation the next day. Tango, of course, was freaking out.
Tango was voted Class Clown. Tron was voted Most Likely to Offend Others. Hesper, evidently, was most likely to not get any awards at all.

Hesper started working on street art to become more rebellious. Tron joined in. It doesnít hurt to have another rebel around to socialized with.

Hesper started feeling a bit ill. Paint fumes again? Right.

Hesper: Now letís be jocks!

Uniform: This may be the best thing youíve bought for us yet!

Hesper finally came to realize that it wasnít the fumes.

Tango: Letís get married right here and now.
Hesper: Yes! You realize that youíre still in your graduation robes, right?
Tango: Iíve been using the motive mobile, and I donít even know what my other clothes look like.

After spending some close, personal time with Hesper, Tango was off to the subway to nowhere to play for tips.

Tron very considerately celebrated her adult birthday at the library where she wouldnít disturb anyoneís skilling.

Hesper went into labor while cleaning up the dishes where she disturbed everyone.

Tango played nice, soothing music for her and maxed his guitar skill.

Soon Simon Breve was born, a Good Couch Potato.

Late that night, Uniform passed away at the age of 29. She didnít beg or shake Grims hand, she just disappeared into her urn. Grim left just as fast.
Uniform earned 11 points. Two for her upgraded nectary, two for her children, two for her large tombstone, and one each for her LTW and career.  She maxed photography, cooking, and nectar making.
Youíll be missed , Uniform. Even shy Hesper was your friend.

Tango: I think we should try for another child right away. Life is so uncertain.

Simon became a toddler. That looks like green hair and eyes.

Simon learned to potty, and taught himself to walk and talk. Heís already getting into his role as a dynasty spare, earning his mother happiness points that she can spend on buying social group influence.

He still had time to become friends with his doll, a boy named Wiggles.

Tango had his adult birthday at his easel. What a surprise. Hesper would normally have her birthday too, but her current pregnancy will be adding a couple of days to her young adulthood.

Hesper did complete her lifetime wish while playing video games. A job offer in video gaming popped up and prevented a photo. She didnít accept the job. Hesper is going to be a stay at home street artist mom.

The generation 9 heir is due tomorrow, Hesper wants a girl. Tango wants to paint a masterpiece.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/26/2016
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2016, 12:28:30 PM »
Now that your dynasty has lived through eight generations, how do you feel about deciding on the second-born as heir?
Did it offer a lot more points and household conveniences (you had three motive mobiles!)?
Did the first-born children ultimately "pave the way" for the heirs as you'd hoped?
Just wondering.

Can't wait to meet the Gen9 heir!  You are so close now!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/27/2016
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2016, 11:01:53 AM »
@oshizu , I'm delighted with my older spares. Some of them, as I got smarter about it, made three points. When the moms were older and I felt the need for twins, then it wasn't as useful pointswise, but they were great for nooboo care and general cleaning, bill paying, and harvesting. I could have more motive mobiles than 3, and the upgraded teleporter has been rarely used. They've also purchased extra hover beds and collection helpers and sold them.

Tango: This is my 30th painting. Rumor has it that Iíll be able to paint faster now.
Good thing. You still need 4 more masterpieces for your supermax, but less than $20,000 to max your career. You can do this.

Hesper: This is my 30th mural and AAHH!

Youíre going to need to finish that later.

Standing conveniently behind a big wall in the backyard, no one else was disturbed. Sierra Breve was born with the Excitable and Friendly traits.

Once again, itís Auntie Spare to the rescue.

Simon became a really cute child. Itís easier to tell now that his eyes are gray.Heís not an Imaginary Friend.  He got the Angler trait Ė something useful.
Simon: Iím off to the grocery store where they teach fishing for some reason.
I guess they need suppliers. Take this multitab and learn photography on the way.

Happy Adult Birthday, Hesper! You look great, by the way.
Hesper: I know and Iím happy too. (no midlife crisis)

Simon reached level 10 in photography. From now on itís all fishing.

Oh no! Tronís an Elder now and her father is still alive.
Tron: I just want my hat back.

Tron: How would Sierra recognize me without my hat.

There was one more thing Simon wanted to do before hitting the pond.

Simon: Here Wiggles, drink this.

Wiggles: Hi, just call me Wigs.
Good, thatís shorter and less weird. Wigs is Adventurous, Excitable, and Frugal.

Hereís a close up of Wigs. He has burgundy hair, turquoise eyes, and loves his swim wear.

Wigs: Donít tell anyone, but Iím the ruler of this house.
Yes, Sierra is an adorable toddler now.  She learned all her skills and had time to become best friends with Wigs. She didnít receive an IF doll herself.

Tango finally completed his lifetime wish when he maxed painting.

This is Hesper trying to create masterpiece murals and maxing photography. Sheís only at level 8 in street art. Sheís going to head to the library and get her levels up, then maybe sheíll have better luck with the masterpieces.

The boys became teens.
You want to fix your clothes and hair, Simon?
Simon: No, all I want do to is dance!
Yep, Party Animal.

Wigs, however, wanted to fix everything even though heís a Slob.

Sierra: Hey, get a room! Oh, you already have one.
Sierra has a Good Sense of Humor and cannot get to her birthday cake.

Sierra: Hey, Wigs! Thereís a new ruler here. One who will not allow birthday cake blocking.

Sierra has her motherís skin tone and gray eyes like Simon. She's an IF.
Sierra: Yah, yah, Iíll listen to my photography tabcast, but I want to take a writing class.
*Uriís screams ring out from the family plot*

Finally, at the unbelievable age of 45, Tomas was visited by Grim. For a sim with an impossible lifetime wish, he did really well. He maxed the gardener career and skill. He supermaxed writing and ,due to his long life, provided a large tombstone. Thanks for the six points, Tomas.

Generation seven made 21 points (Uri 3, Uniform 11, Uma 1, and Tomas 6).
The family total is now 129.
Uma died, but her tombstone was not available in manage the dead.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2016, 12:22:48 PM »
Thank you for answering my question about the utility of firstborn spares.
Now that you mention it, I can see how they would be great helpers around the house, freeing up the heirs to focus on "heir stuff."

I loved Simon's spiky hair when he was a child, but I love the party animal Simon, too!  Close-up, please!  :D

I got a little confused because of my unfamiliarity with TS3. Wigs is an Imaginary Friend (a cute one!) but Sierra is an IF, too?
A more general question, do IFs all tend to be attractive?
All the IFs I've seen in various stories (well, okay, except for Snuggles. Soz, Snuggles) are all really stunning.
Will Wigs be recruited for domestic service?  ;)

Sierra is a beautiful child! Can't wait to meet her as a teen!

My last question (sorry, I'm so curious about your game), what was the secret to Tomas' longevity? His ex-vampire nature?

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2016, 02:37:50 PM »
Oh Wigs! I love it! Hahaha!
We're practically there KRae! You can do it! =D

Thank you for answering my question about the utility of firstborn spares.
Now that you mention it, I can see how they would be great helpers around the house, freeing up the heirs to focus on "heir stuff."

I loved Simon's spiky hair when he was a child, but I love the party animal Simon, too!  Close-up, please!  :D

I got a little confused because of my unfamiliarity with TS3. Wigs is an Imaginary Friend (a cute one!) but Sierra is an IF, too?
A more general question, do IFs all tend to be attractive?
All the IFs I've seen in various stories (well, okay, except for Snuggles. Soz, Snuggles) are all really stunning.
Will Wigs be recruited for domestic service?  ;)

Sierra is a beautiful child! Can't wait to meet her as a teen!

My last question (sorry, I'm so curious about your game), what was the secret to Tomas' longevity? His ex-vampire nature?
Imaginary Friends are a lifestate. Much like Vampirism or Witchy-tude. For example, in the Reapers, Demi was an IF made real, and her lifestate is Imaginary Friend. She had twins with Falor: Annie was a witch (like Falor) and Miles got the Imaginary Friend lifestate. This gives them a "doll form" they can go into, but otherwise they're much the same as humans.
All imaginary friends (without mods) are colorful, but pudding faces (generic faces) typically. So if you find the "middle slider" face attractive, then yes! They are all attractive.

Anyways, sorry to steal your thunder there KRae, you're really getting those points nailed out!
I remember being so panicked when I first started the short dynasty, thinking I would be so strapped for cash, but now the Nix's are rolling in it. Also, I love how your house is starting to look like mine (all the rewards on the walls, haha). Things move so fast, but it's great!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2016, 02:50:18 PM »
Imaginary Friends are a lifestate. Much like Vampirism or Witchy-tude. For example, in the Reapers, Demi was an IF made real, and her lifestate is Imaginary Friend. She had twins with Falor: Annie was a witch (like Falor) and Miles got the Imaginary Friend lifestate. This gives them a "doll form" they can go into, but otherwise they're much the same as humans.
All imaginary friends (without mods) are colorful, but pudding faces (generic faces) typically. So if you find the "middle slider" face attractive, then yes! They are all attractive.

@LivvieLove 
Thanks for explaining that. I'd thought, mistakenly, that an IF started life as a doll who may or may not attain a human-like form; now I know that a human can be granted the IF lifestate.
I'm not sure about facial sliders, but I like that many turned-human IFs sport exotic hair colors. Not Wigs, but he's cute and he cleans, so he's fine!

anything