Author Topic: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 5/2/2016 Completed  (Read 22877 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I got confused about the Rocking Chair of Death. There are two Barry's?
Whiskey's hubby Barry was very cool--I loved his traits and his dreads. The family seemed to mourn him a long time. Or was it the usual length of mourning?

Isn't Victor the heir? Doesn't he get married?
Or will he contact Shasha to have her visit?

Haha, I loved his symbiotic relationship with his slobby roommates!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
@oshizu when romancing someone from University in the Sims 3 you can't marry them (that I'm aware of) while you're away at university. He'll have to invite her over from the home world to do that.

Anyways, KRae, this was hilarious! Poor Victor, stuck cleaning up after his roommates, but at least he got something out of it! ;) It also sounds like you had a very productive time with him! I hope he and Shasha are very happy for their brief lives!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
@oshizu , My mistake. I'll edit that to say Wine. They mourned the usual two days, but a lot happened in those two days. Victor got over it at university, but when he got home the rest of the family was still mourning. I'll post some post-uni stuff tomorrow morning US west coast time.

@LivvieLove , As far as I know, you're right, no engagement or marriage at uni. I think Victor is placing that call right now.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/20/2016
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2016, 11:08:35 AM »
When Victor got home, everyone was exhausted and went straight to bed. As soon as he woke up he called Shasha and invited her for a visit. His next stop was the elixir store where he consigned all his uni paintings. Later that day when some of them sold, he jumped to level 7 in his career.
Voice From Above: Victor is required to attend graduation!
Victor: I was voted Most Artistic by my classmates.
I’m sure they’re right.

Next morning, promptly at 9am, Shasha rang the doorbell.

Victor: It’s so good to see you. How about moving in?
Shasha: I don’t see why not.
Shasha is the same age as Victor, 4 days to adult. Her traits are Good Sense of Humor, Unlucky, Artistic, Childish, and Easily Impressed. She wants to be an Illustrious Author – very doable.
Here, have a multitab.

Victor: No wonder we get along so well. You’re easily impressed, and I’m impressive.

Shasha: You know, now that I don’t live at university, I’m going to start aging. I’ve only lived here 10 minutes, but we need to start our family right away.
Ah, the romance of the short dynasty.

The camera got pulled away and I thought – Oh no! Wine’s dying – but it was just Veda’s adult birthday. Time for another trip to the mirror, and not the magic mirror. Veda is a bit addicted to getting magic makeovers and I never know what she’ll be wearing.

Shasha quickly learned writing via tabcast. Writing seems almost as fast as photography. She wished to take a class in painting and to join the writer career.
Okay by me. I don’t expect you to complete that career. If you complete your lifetime wish and its two skills, I’ll be a happy camper.

Shasha wrote her first sports book, Frisbee Tossing for Dummies. It got her to level 5 in writing and level 3 in her career.

She was often interrupted by sprints to the bathroom.

Here, go back to painting for a while, it’s easier to get back into after vomiting.

Then everyone was disrupted big time.
Ah, no, Wine. You weren’t even in the rocker. He was in the midst of an unstable episode, and, for once, I was just going to let it happen to see what trait would change – and then this, the epitome of instability.

So long, Wine, age 30. You accomplished so much and provided one point. Wherever you’re going, may they have many beautiful paper bags.

Shasha: Nooboo!

This is a picture of Victor right after I missed the completion of his lifetime wish. See, no progress gauge while he’s painting. He’s also had less than $20,000 to go to top his career. After cancelling his unsold paintings and selling them, it was down to $6,000.

A few minutes before, I did catch Veda becoming a Renaissance Sim.
Veda: I want to discover all the potions!

How’s that going for you?
Veda: Shut up.

Here’s a picture of Victor right after I missed his reaching level 10 in guitar.

I had an excuse this time.

Presenting Uri Breve, Insane and Clumsy.

Uri didn’t even get his first snuggle when this happened.

You were an amazing sim, Whiskey. You completed your career, your LTW, and two skills. You had two lovely children and just missed a large tombstone. With the purchase and upgrading of the Sell n’ Swap, the Fish Hatchery, and Elixir Shop, your total came to 13 points. Added to Wine’s 1 and Barry’s 4, generation 5 made 18 points.
The Breve’s have amassed 83 points.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2016, 12:14:45 PM »
I understand now--mourning for Barry only seemed long because it got suspended then resumed because of Victor's uni voyage.  Hmmm hmmmm, I see.

The Watcher was very distracted this chapter, haha. Actually, there's always so much going on in your Short Dynasty. I imagine one must be on a constant vigil to not miss any photo opps.

R.I.P. Wine and Whiskey!

My favorite line:
Victor: No wonder we get along so well. You’re easily impressed, and I’m impressive.
   ;D

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2016, 12:53:28 PM »
All your spares are lucky KRae, I always move my spares out since their points don't count after the heir becomes a YA. :P They never live fulfilling lives. XD
Congratulations to Veda fulfilling her lifetime wish! I can't wait to see Shasha's nooboo! Also, I was laughing really hard:
Keep up the momentum KRae!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/21/2016
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2016, 10:05:25 AM »
@oshizu , The one thing that isn't shortened is the mourning period. Even the midlife crisis only lasts 2 days.

@LivvieLove , Yes, they lead fulfilled lives if you consider harvesting money trees fulfilling. I'm keeping those trees going in case an heir finally is a green thumb. Veda actually completed the gardener career before Victor became a YA.

Victor: I know a lot has happened today, but I just wished to marry you.
Shasha: Me too! Yay!

Veda is Neat and makes a wonderful babysitter.
Veda: This is my favorite spot for reading, and those dirty diapers ruin the ambience. The magic mirror is close by too. Like my new dress?

Victor had his adult birthday.
Victor: I want to divorce Shasha and move.
You just married her maybe 12 hours ago…and no!

Shasha aged up moments later.
Shasha: Woo! I’m happy with things just the way they are!
Thank you. Now go add to your family.

Victor: You’ll be really happy once you learn this and don’t have to take this smell with you wherever you go.

This is why he’ll be checking for monsters under his bed in the future…or most likely under Veda’s bed upstairs like the rest of the kids have.

Victor had the time and decided to be a hands on dad.
Victor: You’ll be learning photography. It’s a family tradition.
Uri: Hmmph.
Don’t worry. You don’t actually need to use a camera.

Shasha: Ah, nooboo. I’ll tell Victor later. No need to interrupt his wormy dreams.

Veda: Why are you hiding from Auntie Veda?
Uri: Every time I set a toy down, even for a second, you put it away.
Veda: I’m a helicopter cleaner.

Hey! I caught the picture of Victor completing his painting career.
Good on both of us!

Veda: Well, that’ll wake a gal up. I might as well make the bed.

A Shasha skill update: Level 10 writing, level 8 painting. She’s coming along nicely. She has a much better chance of supermaxing painting than she does completing the writing career, so we’ll concentrate on that.

Uri had his birthday. I’m still not sure who he resembles, but he’s cute.

Uri is Insane, Clumsy, and Eco-Friendly. I could follow this kid around all day while he listens to his multitab. He’ll be around a lot. His birthday was on Friday so he’ll be a teen on Sunday and never go to primary school.

He made it to level 8 in photography that day.

This will be Victor’s 5th masterpiece and complete his supermax. He learned handiness at his dorm and wished to improve his skill, so he uses his multitab while painting.
Victor: See? Impressive!

Shasha was going to wash up and take a nap in the rocking chair, but the next heir decided to make her appearance.
Can you move a little I can hardly see her?

Shasha: Better?

On the ground we have Uniform, our heir, who is a Brave Couch Potato. Uma is a Heavy Sleeper and Good.

I think we may need to haul the playpen and walker back out of storage.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2016, 12:10:29 PM »
I really like Shasha and her dreads!  She and Victor seems to be really doing well with their various requirements.
"Helicopter cleaner"--I like that. I wish I had one of those at my place.

And...oh my, twins!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2016, 03:41:15 PM »
Oh Veda, she's fantastic. XD
 8)

I'm surprised you've kept the garden up! I've tried keeping mine up, but it's definitely been neglected by the Nixs.
Also, yay for twins! That's more points for you! :D
Welcome to Uniform and Uma! Your lives will be crazy and short, hang on for the ride!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/22/2016
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2016, 09:40:27 AM »
@oshizu , I use to be a helicopter cleaner. I've relaxed a bit over the last few years. The twins were a complete surprise. All the other twins were worked for.

@LivvieLove , The garden consists of 16 (maybe 18) money trees. All that's required is a little weeding, harvesting, and hauling in the cash. Now that I have a spare spare, Uma will probably be moving out when she hits YA as flirting prevention if nothing else.

Uri wanted to meet a supernatural. The library seemed as good a place as any. While he was there, he reached level 10 in photography and claimed total library domination.

Uri: Hi, nice fairy man. You’re going to live for a long time. My baby sister is going to need a spouse in about 10 days.
Nice Fairy Man: Thanks for the warning, kid.

Veda continues to be an excellent, autonomous babysitter.

There were three birthdays the next day. Uri went first.

Veda: Stupid mascot interrupting our cake.
Well, he wants to get to know you better,
Veda: I’m unflirty, fella. Now go away.

Uri quickly learned his first level of gardening and went to register as a self-employed gardener. He got to level seven the first day.

Next up was Uniform. She has dark hair under her hat and Victor’s brown eyes. She may look mostly like Barry.

None of the generation seven kids were given Imaginary Friend dolls. That meant Uniform had time to enjoy the dollhouse while her sister aged up.

Uma has Victor’s blond hair and lavender eyes. She may end up looking a lot like Whiskey.

Victor decided to go old school with the toddler skills again. He taught both girls to walk.

The women took over with the talking while Victor took Uri out to learn to drive.

Lessons were interrupted by Shasha’s elder birthday.
Shasaha: My back may suddenly hurt, but I’m cute!
Yes, you are.

Not so cute.

Birthday time again.
Uniform: What’s going on with my hair up there?
I’m not sure. We’ll fix it after your sister’s birthday. Go listen to your multitab.

Uniform: This is my best day ever!

Uma: I got frizzy ponytails.
Yeah, we’ll fix it in after your sister’s. Go listen to your multitab.

Uma: This was just out of my reach all this time. (4 days) Oooh! Sim ant.

Uniform did really well in school and got a A in two days. She went to do homework with this girl who lives across the street from the school.
Uniform: My brother tells me that you have a teenage brother. Is that true?
Girl: Sure. Why do you ask?
Uniform: Oh, no reason.

Suddenly  returning from the family cemetery, Snuggles made an appearance.

As did Pal. They both aged up to elder and were shooed away.

Shasha completed her lifetime wish. She has completed 27 paintings with 3 brilliant and 1 masterpiece. With massive abuse of the motive mobile, will she be able to supermax the skill?
Shasha: Eh, it’s a toss up.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/22/2016
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2016, 10:03:49 AM »
Uma is simply stunning in your shot of her playing Sim Ant!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Breve Moment in Time (Short Dynasty) updated 4/23/2016
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2016, 06:46:56 AM »
@oshizu , Uma would have made a lovely heir.

Once again there were three birthdays in one day. It was a Friday, so the girls would only have one day of school.
Uniform went first. She is now a Natural Cook.

A birthday is not complete without somebody dying.
Veda: Darn mascot! Can’t a gal even die in peace?
Veda, age 29, was an amazing sim. Before Victor’s YA birthday she maxed both photography and gardening and reached level ten in the gardener career. That’s three points and a lot of babysitting from Veda. You were the best.

The family powered on through it all. Uma became a lovely teen with a Good Sense of Humor.
Uma: I sense you are interested in money, lots of money.
Uri: Hmm…

Uri became a young adult without the benefit of a cake. That’s okay, they were stuffed by this time anyway. Uri’s final traits are Insane, Clumsy, Eco-Friendly, Snob, and Daredevil. Uma was right his lifetime wish is Swimming in Cash.

Uniform maxed photography.

Uma did too, but I was busy watching Uniform learn to cook.
Uniform: I’ve got this, Watcher. You don’t actually have to watch.

Whatcha doing, Victor?
Victor: I thought I’d upgrade these nectar machines. I’m at level 9 in handiness, and since Uniform is a natural cook, even if her lifetime wish doesn’t involve nectar making it could be a good career choice for her.
I completely agree. There’s no way she’s going to be a chef, even if she does keep popping that wish. After this, go buy some more expensive nectar.

Victor maxed Handiness while painting. Shasha is working on her second masterpiece in a row.

The family took time off for Uri’s graduation all in their formal wear. Maybe it’s time to send some of them off to the dresser.

I’m not sure if you can see it up there in the money trees, but Uri just completed his lifetime wish and is now swimming in cash – officially.

He celebrated on the waterslide. He loves it but gets a negative moodlet from wasting water.
Uri: Hey, I’m crazy.

Shasha is still painting like a crazy woman. She painted three brilliants in a row and only needs one more masterpiece for her supermax.

Here it is, Shasha’s 5th masterpiece. Well done, Shasha.

Snuggles has become a disruptive pest. The family has plenty of these potions stored so….

I know you’re waving hello Snuggles, but you’re really waving goodbye. Kicked out.

Victor purchased yet another motive mobile. We may start selling them at some point as it’s beginning to look like a used car lot.

Uniform: Dad went to all that trouble. I might as well learn nectar making….I love it! *proceeds to pop wish after wish for nectar making*

At age 28, Shasha began feeling light-headed while painting. It wasn’t from the fumes.

Sorry to see you go, Shasha. She left the family with 4 points from maxing writing and painting, completing her LTW and a medium tombstone.

A little later, Uri reached the top of the gardening career.

That same night, while having a nice talk with the magic mirror, Victor, also 28, went to join Shasha.
Victor maxed handiness, guitar, and photography along with supermaxing painting for 5 points. He got 2 more from maxing his career and completing his LTW. He purchased and upgraded the art museum, the library, and the Old Town Cemetery. That’s another 6. Add 5 more for 3 kids and a large tombstone. Victor got 18 points.
Victor *ghostly voice*: See – Impressive.

Later that night, Whiskey came out to greet generation 6.
Generation 6 added a total of 25 points making the grand total 108. That’s more than I hoped to make in the entire dynasty.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2016, 07:30:25 AM »
Wow, Victor earned as many points by himself as the entire first generation! I am impressed!
How hilarious about Uri's negative moodlet from the water slide! Too funny!
Great update! So much happened!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2016, 12:00:29 PM »
Woo! Go Victor! How impressive is that? Very impressive. Of course.
Onto generation 7! You're almost at the final countdown!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2016, 04:50:46 PM »
I can't believe you're this far in the dynasty already! The introduction was just hilarious  :D