Author Topic: The Sims 4 Dine Out Game Pack  (Read 14683 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Sims 4 Dine Out Teaser Trailer
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 07:26:23 PM »
There is a new teaser trailer for Dine-Out.

Currently, the link is on a twitter post.  When it gets up to Youtube, I will replace the link:
https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/733705879384547329

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Sims 4 Dine Out Game Pack
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 08:33:59 PM »
Thank you @Bri for the link!
I looked at all the teaser trailers on that twitter account and see a lot of good-looking and/or interesting sims.
Hopefully, we'll get some new premade sims. I really don't want to go to a restaurant to find it's staffed by the Goths! (as much as I love the Goths...)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 08:39:57 AM »
I am dying to get my hands on the plants and the lights. The boys outfits are adorable.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2016, 10:43:49 AM »
I love the new hairstyles.  They were the first thing to catch my eye.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2016, 11:22:52 AM »
I think I'll be waiting for actual player reviews.  I have the musical chairs bug and the meet your date and they wave and disappear bug so I'd be curious to see if either of those show up in the game play of the pack.  As far as I know you can only visit the restaurant, as a customer, or manage one.  If you could be a chef or one of the wait staff I would find it more interesting.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 05:10:18 PM »
Origin:  The Sims.com

11 Ways to Customize Your Restaurant in The Sims 4 Dine Out

Your Sims can do more than just visit restaurants in The Sims 4 Dine Out Game Pack*. If they're feeling a little more ambitious, potential restaurateurs and foodies can customize their own restaurant.

There are so many ways to tweak, add spice, re-arrange, and build your restaurant that… well, let’s stop talking and start explaining! We put together a list of ways you can customize a restaurant, and even a video showing what it's like to run your own. With these tips in-hand, you'll be able to improve overall star rating, leading to higher profit and success!

Give it a Name. What’s in a name? You tell us. No, seriously. Every restaurant needs a name and we’ve given you a quick and easy way to provide one for your latest food service establishment.

Pick the Aesthetic. If you’ve ever been to a restaurant review site, you know the setting and ambiance is a priority for restaurant goers. Get creative with your restaurant by making it a subterranean dungeon dining experience, or an outdoor garden, complete with a hedge maze. Put dining a few stories up to provide a view, or simply recreate your favorite hometown diner.

Stir in the Basics. The requirements for a Restaurant Venue are quite simple, which provides you with a lot of flexibility in making a unique one. You’ll need a place to use the restroom and clean up, the Host Station, Waiter Station, and Chef Station, and several Dining Spots. The Dining Spot isn’t just a table, but a combination of tables and chairs. Or, stools and tables. After all, people need to sit when eating. Sims aren’t goats!

Mix in Some Spicy Décor. If you have outdoor seating, but sure to place the all new Heat Lamp to keep your diners toasty. Add in the new booth object when you want variety from the typical dining chairs and stools. Give your kitchen that authentic feel with the food racks, and be sure to prominently display the Nectar Fridge so you look appropriate high end. Players who are themselves avid diners can place their Experimental food photographs on the walls. And, finally, the gorgeous, huge new aquariums will both look amazing and keep the day’s catch fresh for your new seafood restaurant. The decorative options in The Sims 4 Dine Out are truly the chef’s choice.

Design the Signage. One of our favorite new object suites in The Sims 4 Dine Out is our customizable sign set. Choose from a few blank signs which can be placed flat against the building, stick out, or place on the ground. Then, choose from a variety of symbols, letters, and colors, to create a sign that is unique to your restaurant. This is such a fun, simple creative tool to use with a variety of restaurants!

Define the Attire. Sims can wear practically anything, and we recognize it’s important for your stories that they look appropriate. Using a simple menu, you can define how customers dress when they arrive to dine at your restaurant. Is it a formal venue? Boom, choose formal. Do you want people to dress a little sillier? Maybe party is the way to go. Define the look from start to finish!

Clothe the Staff. Every restaurant has Chefs, Waiters, and Hosts, and they all need clothing! How much, and what, is completely up to you. You can quickly choose from a series of preset clothing, or you can enter Create a Sim for every role, and every gender for that role. Do you want your waiters wearing Bear Suits from The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat Game Pack*, or perhaps the Knight costume from The Sims 4 Get Together*? Go for it. Perhaps you want to go classy with board shorts and bikinis for your host employees? Also possible. The clothing is so crucial for creating a thematic, hilarious, or real-world mimic and the choice is up to you.

Choose the Menu. Choosing the food should be an easy and tantalizingly delicious choice. And it is! Using a simple interface, you’re able to quickly select and preview menus like Diner, Brunch, Experimental, or Italian. But if you don't like the pre-set choices, you can always...

Customize a Menu. Like so many things in The Sims 4, you have the choice to customize something to make it YOUR story! You can load preset menus to tweak them slightly, or you can pick and choose each and every dish the restaurant serves. This includes the Appetizer, Main course, Dessert, and Drink options! The images are beautiful and vibrant and everything looks tasty. The hardest choice will be figuring out what NOT to serve at the restaurant!

Learn from My Library. If you aren’t sure where to begin with your restaurant, you can head over to My Library for six gorgeous pre-made restaurants that are included with The Sims 4 Dine Out. Chez Llama will show you just how beautiful a restaurant can be, while Hogan’s Burger Bar pays homage to The Sims 3 and is the neighborhood’s burger hangout. Naturally, The Diving Pelican is a seaborne seafood restaurant that will show you how the tail wags the fish. If you need inspiration, we’ll get you started!

Share to the Gallery. One of our favorite features of The Sims 4 is the Gallery, as it is the perfect way for our best creators to easily share their ideas. Plus, fans who are less inclined towards building can pick and choose from the best of the community. Be sure to share your restaurants to the Gallery as soon as you put the finishing touches on the menu! Also, it’s good to know that your staff outfits, customer dress code, and customized menu are all preserved with the physical restaurant as well!

The Sims 4 Dine Out Game Pack will be released on June 7. We can't wait to see what you create!

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Sims 4 Dine Out: Gameplay Trailer
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 05:12:41 PM »
There is a new Sims 4 Dine Out Gameplay trailer:

The Sims 4 Dine Out: Own Restaurants Official Gameplay Trailer

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 06:25:13 PM »
I saw this earlier and it just shows the pack is going to be amazing.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 08:43:03 PM »
Things I get excited about:

You can set the dress policy for your customers -- something above "no shirt, no shoes, no service". My sims will finally get some use out of their formal clothes.
Two different types of booths.
At least two different placemats for children to color (a barn and a freezer bunny).
A larger aquarium.
Food critics.
Experimental food for my aliens.

And of course, the new lighting and whatever was meant by "CAS Changes Coming."
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2016, 04:25:25 AM »
I love that your guests can review your restaurant. Really looking forward to this one!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
7 Reasons to Get Excited for The Sims 4 Dine Out
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2016, 04:44:46 PM »
Source:  The Sims.com

7 Reasons to Get Excited for The Sims 4 Dine Out

Are your Sims hungry? They won't be for long! The Sims 4 Dine Out Game Pack* is, well, packed with stuff to do. So let's crack open the menu and tell you what you can look forward to.

Experimental Food: We had a field day with a large amount of thrilling, gorgeous, innovative dishes in the game pack. There's stuff that you’ve never seen before in a The Sims game. They’re photo worthy, which is why your Sims will take pictures and hang them on their walls. Complete the Experimental Food collection if you want to prove you’re a true foodie. Learn more about Experimental Food here.

Varied Dining Experience. The dining experience is full of new experiences for your Sims. It’s the perfect place to bring a date or celebrate a birthday. There are new activities for the kids, and the casual Sim-watching experience at the restaurant is better than almost anywhere else in the world. Your Sims will also gain powerful and interesting Moodlets. Simply put, taking the family out to eat is a blast.

Customizable Restaurants: Restaurants are customizable from start to finish. You can choose the name, the menu, how the staff dresses, how customers dress, and what the restaurant looks like. We left no stone unturned on the customization front so you can dig in to the starchy bits and customize to your (artichoke) hearts’ content. Read more about restaurant customization here.

Ownable Restaurants: Your Sims can throw off their uniform and replace it with a toque (look it up!) to start their own restaurant. If you’ve played The Sims 4 Get to Work*, you have an idea of how it works. Your Sims can hire, train, and inspire staff, compensate customers for bad service, customize the menu, and more to enjoy a rich, full flavored entrepreneur experience. We cannot wait to read about your restauranteur stories.

New Objects. Keep outdoor diners cozy beneath the new Warming Lamp, or complete your seafood restaurant with the beautiful new aquariums. Customize your own signs for your restaurant and plop down booths for snug, intimidate dining. Don’t get us started on the decorative objects! You’ll have so much décor to sink your teeth into.

Pre-Made Restaurants. If you aren’t a builder, or want to see some examples before creating your own, try one of the six pre-made Restaurants located in your Library. Seafood, high-end Italian, diners, and date-night restaurants are all here.

Bring the Food Home. If your Sims love to cook, and they love the new food they tried at the restaurant, they can try their hand at cooking it themselves. If you purchase a Chef Station for your home, you can set your Sims to work. Wow home dinner guests with new experimental foods like the Glazed Heirloom Bamboo Roll and Sizzled Brisket over Sour Clover Salad!

We cannot wait to share more with you about The Sims 4 Dine Out. It releases on June 7 and you’re going to love it. Tuck your napkin into your collar, because it’s almost time to eat!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2016, 05:01:42 PM »
I am already very excited, but we can't pre-order yet...

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2016, 05:02:32 PM »
I really want this!! One week to go..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2016, 10:53:21 AM »
What time is it out tomorrow?

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2016, 11:58:15 AM »
There is no firm set time for a Game Packs release.  However, if I go with past Game Packs/Stuff Packs released, it is usually between 10 AM and 11 AM my time (so, 24 hours from the time of this posting).  Don't take that as a guaranteed released date, though :)

anything