Author Topic: No Strays or Neighbourhood Pet Adoption *Solved*  (Read 11115 times)

Offline Rissa

• Nooboo
Re: No Strays or Neighbourhood Pet Adoption
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 06:10:21 PM »
Hey guys thanks so much for the help and advice. I'll try turning my mods off and starting a new game to see if that helps. How do I turn mods off?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 06:42:57 PM »
If you want to try the game without the mods, best thing to do is move your mods folder to your desktop for temporary.

I couldn't live without some of the mods I use. MasterController, Register, Overwatch, Traffic are some of my must-have mods.

If you're anything like me. Try a new test-game first, with mods to see how that works out. If it's still acting odd, then move the mods folder to see if that helps.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rissa

• Nooboo
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 06:51:36 PM »
If you want to try the game without the mods, best thing to do is move your mods folder to your desktop for temporary.

I couldn't live without some of the mods I use. MasterController, Register, Overwatch, Traffic are some of my must-have mods.

If you're anything like me. Try a new test-game first, with mods to see how that works out. If it's still acting odd, then move the mods folder to see if that helps.
Yes I also use woohooer and story profression. I've had a few new games with the same problem as this one. So I'll start a new test game without the mods.
Fingers crossed it works 😀

Offline Rissa

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 10:52:30 PM »
It is one of my mods, on the second day of my test game I checked the paper and was told that the landgraab family had dogs for adoption.
Thanl you all so much for the help and advice  :D

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2016, 11:04:59 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that it was one of the mods messing up the game. But thank you for the update!! That's good to know your game has it's neighborhood adoption. :)
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Rissa

• Nooboo
Re: No Strays or Neighbourhood Pet Adoption *Solved*
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 11:15:00 PM »
I'm going to move the mods back but only the important ones. I have a hunch it might be story progression. But hopefully not.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 11:26:18 PM »
Let us know how that works? I've had problems with SP so I don't use it anymore.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rissa

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 03:16:21 AM »
Ok, tried to play my game to see what mod is messing up but the game wouldn't load at all. Took my mods out of the folder and now my game is ok again.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2016, 03:45:47 AM »
I've had that happen. It's been a long while since that has happened. But what helped is to put the mods in back one by one to see which one is making it not work. Or have you tried that already?

If so, and they are all or mostly Nraas mods, you can ask them how to solve that problem.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox

As when I went through the mods I'm using I had to end up picking and choosing which ones I really wanted to use and that wouldn't cause a lot of problems with my game. SP and Error Trap were two of them I had to delete as they weren't working correctly and/or making my game lag.

Offline Rissa

• Nooboo
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2016, 04:16:28 AM »
I've had that happen. It's been a long while since that has happened. But what helped is to put the mods in back one by one to see which one is making it not work. Or have you tried that already?

If so, and they are all or mostly Nraas mods, you can ask them how to solve that problem.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox

As when I went through the mods I'm using I had to end up picking and choosing which ones I really wanted to use and that wouldn't cause a lot of problems with my game. SP and Error Trap were two of them I had to delete as they weren't working correctly making my game lag.
I've got it to start working again. Ended up deleting all mods but re downloading them one at a time to see what one is messing up. So far Master Controller, Error Trap and Overwatch are ok.
I'm on my first sim night so hopefully in the morning my sim will check the paper and it'll all work ok 😊

Offline Rissa

• Nooboo
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 05:04:11 AM »
It was Nraas Story Progression that was messing up neighbourhood adoption 😀 thanks again for helping me sort it out 😊

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2016, 11:54:53 AM »
@Rissa

I'm happy to hear you've got your game working better. SP can be a bear. If it's one of your go-to mods, see if you have it configured correctly, like Alex mentioned to see if that helps it work better with your game.

Offline Rissa

• Nooboo
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2016, 05:27:58 PM »
I checked and pet adoption was all enabled. Gonna keep trying different stuff but not too fussed about having to delete it 😊

anything