Author Topic: Cloning Around  (Read 17497 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Cloning Around
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2016, 10:31:33 PM »
Dr. Serizawa completed his nefarious mission in 18,416 minutes.
I really, really wanted my sim to be laughing maniacally like the sim of @FrancescaFiori but my sim only stood there.

For me, this was the most interesting challenge this year!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2016, 10:35:38 PM »
Oh, but your photos are amazing! Not to mention your score! (P.S. I went back in and used Pose Player to get my final shot.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2016, 10:44:42 PM »
And the mystery is solved!
I was sitting there waiting for my sim to do something interesting while thinking, "How long did Francesca have to wait until her sim started laughing like that?" Doh.

Offline Nelleam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2016, 12:33:16 AM »
After taking a bit of a break from The Sims, I decided to try this challenge.  My sim took 38,707 minutes to move all his clone-clown teams into position.  Sorry I don't have any pictures.  I don't know how to share them yet.  I had a lot of fun with this challenge.  It was the first time I had ever dealt with either clones or clowns.  Thank you everyone for making such fun games for us to play with our sims.

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2016, 10:14:46 PM »
My sim's score is 27093 minutes. Not quite as good as my best practice run, but still pretty decent. Looking forward to hearing the top strategies on this one! Thanks team, for a very entertaining challenge.  :)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2016, 04:40:53 PM »
I think I broke the spreadsheet :'( I tried inputting my data using my Android phone and it made me download a Google spreadsheet app and then it wouldn't let me change anything without removing everything else :'( How many minutes is 7 days to elder at 1:42pm?

Sent from my D2005 using Tapatalk

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2016, 05:07:53 PM »
Mags, I tried to calculate it for you, but I just have your data on the spreadsheet without a minute total. Doing it by hand, I came up with 50,742 minutes. Does this sound right?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2016, 05:26:11 PM »
@MarianT I have no idea :'( that's the problem. When I changed the details to match mine, something got all screwed up and the minute total disappeared. Ok, so, long hand: there are 60 min in an hour and 24 hours in a day. Sims start as YA at 8am on a Sunday morning, so that first day is down to 16 hours. Then you have 3 lots of Monday to Sunday before Adult, and the same before Elder? So how on Earth did my 7 days til Elder work out to be on a Friday O_o and I let the game age Dolly Ewe up. So the first life stage is (60 x 24 x 20) + (60 x 16)? And if I was 7 days from Elder, that means I was in my 2nd week, so that would be (60 x 24 x 14) + (60 x 13) + 42? Or is my math really screwy? I haven't done this kind of arithmetic in decades lol so that's: YA - A: 28800+960=29760; A - E: 20160+780+42=20982; so total minutes = 50742?

Sorry, if that's the total you had, but, Tapatalk doesn't let me see the previous replies while typing out my own, on this blasted BlackBerry. I love this thing and hate it all at the same time lol

Edit: how does TS4 carry time? If it says 7 days to age up, does that mean the day you are currently in is day 7 and work your way down to day 1 which would be the birthday? Or does it mean that from midnight of the following day, you'll have 7 days before aging? Why I ask, is for the first scenario, my score is as above both I and Marian calculated the same. But if it's the second scenario, then 1 lot of 60 x 24 minutes needs to be deducted from the 50742... Ok, half eleven at night is definitely not the right time to be doing math lol so that would be: 49302... Still in last place either way lol but sub-50's definitely sounds and looks better lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2016, 06:34:03 PM »
I know there was a thing where my calculations of time didn't match the spreadsheet before and I mentioned it to LenaLJ but everyone kind of needs to use the spreadsheet to be fair.  Lena should be able to go back to an earlier revision with google spreadsheets as the maker of the spreadsheet to get the total for Mags.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2016, 07:24:46 PM »
Thanks Rica. Didn't even think of the fairness aspect of the spreadsheet. Until its fixed though, we need to let the people who post after this know that the spreadsheet is borked for the time being and maybe they just need to report their details here so it's recorded before the challenge ends? @MetropolisMan is that ok? @LenaLJ I'm sorry I broke your spreadsheet :'(

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2016, 06:37:48 AM »
Yeah definitely. Unfortunately, Lena is taking some time off soon, so I am not sure when she will be able to get to it.

Everyone needs to know exactly the day, minutes, hour, etc that they finish so we can address the issue later. Just post all that info.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2016, 10:00:12 AM »
Everyone needs to know exactly the day, minutes, hour, etc that they finish so we can address the issue later. Just post all that info.

I also need the days till adult/elder and the specific day to calculate manually.

@Ricalynn
The spreadsheet is correct, but it is the game info that is wonky sometimes.  The # of days till aging up is very very iffy, sometimes 7 days till elder is Saturday and sometimes is Friday (like Magpie case). 

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2016, 03:45:09 PM »
UPDATE:

Spreadsheet is fixed, but then we found that certain players have bugs in their game which causes the game to report the "days till aging" incorrectly.  If you believe that your score is incorrect or if you are unsure if your game has the bug, please PM me with the following information:

1- Days till adult / elder
2- Specific day you ended the challenge (Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun)
3- The time you ended the challenge

I will manually check your score and adjust it on the scoreboard if I do find a mistake with the time.  Thank you all and good luck finishing this up.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2016, 03:53:50 PM »
@Magpie2012

According to your post above, you ended the challenge -- 7 days to elder at 1:42pm but on a Friday.  That would be Week 5.
After manual calculation, your corrected score is 47,862

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2016, 06:46:50 AM »
This challenge ends Thursday at midnight, so make sure to post all the information we need before then. Good luck finishing up.

anything