Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 316039 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #375 on: January 05, 2021, 09:23:08 PM »
This is a universal issue as far as I can tell (I can't download them either (Firefox 84, Ubuntu 20.10, very strong wifi network). This is I think something only MrsFlynn can fix.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #376 on: January 05, 2021, 09:24:54 PM »
No problem, Thank you for letting us know of the issue. I am testing downloading the files myself.

Looks there there is an issue with a couple of the files.

Tried to download the files myself to troubleshoot the issue.  UCSaves.zip failed along with UnionCoveSeasonsSave.zip

Please give us a little bit to look into it, and we'll update the thread when it's fixed. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #377 on: January 06, 2021, 03:21:58 AM »
The save files are still giving us the error of source file could not be read.

To everyone having issues with the Union Cove saves, we recommend if you're able to download the world files and can see Union Cove in the drop down list at the Sims 3 main menu to try loading it to see if it loads and plays for you.

Click image to see larger view

Hopefully it does!! :)
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #378 on: January 06, 2021, 10:03:39 AM »
The save files are still giving us the error of source file could not be read.

To everyone having issues with the Union Cove saves, we recommend if you're able to download the world files and can see Union Cove in the drop down list at the Sims 3 main menu to try loading it to see if it loads and plays for you.

Hopefully it does!! :)

I just redownloaded it in my files and opened it and it was running fine. I haven't played it yet.

UNC.jpg

I will gameplay in just a bit.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #379 on: January 06, 2021, 03:31:58 PM »
I think the issue may have fixed itself. 

We just tried downloading the save files again and was able to without issue. It may have been a hosting glitch.

Try downloading the save files again, and if you have any issues, try clearing your browser's cache.

How to Clear Your Browser's Cache
https://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #380 on: January 06, 2021, 04:38:07 PM »
Both save files look good to me (same computer as this one)

This is a universal issue as far as I can tell (I can't download them either (Firefox 84, Ubuntu 20.10, very strong wifi network). This is I think something only MrsFlynn can fix.

Offline maskmcgee

• Nooboo
« Reply #381 on: March 07, 2021, 11:46:15 PM »
The site the download link goes to dosen't exist. Can someone give me a link to actually download it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Union Cove Links
« Reply #382 on: March 08, 2021, 03:13:58 AM »
Thank you for alerting us of an issue with the downloads.

I was able find and download the Union Cove files. You might try downloading them again.

Either click each link to start the download or if that doesn't work, right-click each link and select Save As.

If they fail to download, please let us know and we'll investigate further into the issue.  If you happen to get an error message, please let us know what it is and/or share a screenshot of it. It may help us be able to better fix the issue.

Note: The save files aren't necessarily required to be downloaded. If you've installed it correctly, you can find the Union Cove in the drop down list in the Sims 3 Main Menu.

Here are the direct download links for reference:

To save any of these files, click on the file and select Save File. It's recommended to temporarily save it to your desktop.

The Sims 3: Union Cove Downloads Page

Union Cove Seasons

Union Cove - Seasons Save File

Union Cove - Requires Pets

UnionCove - Requires Pet Save File

UnionCove Alternative Version - Does not require Pets

Offline pcdoctor

• Nooboo
« Reply #383 on: March 31, 2021, 06:19:02 PM »
I wish the Union Cove wasn't so resource heavy.  It's a very nice world but unfortunately it crashes my game.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #384 on: March 31, 2021, 08:05:24 PM »
I'm sorry it's making your game crash. It is a know issue that Union Cove is resource heavy.

Unfortunately Union Cove can't be modified by our team as members are no longer active.

Offline Maxsims

• Nooboo
UC Download link not working. Just me?
« Reply #385 on: February 01, 2022, 06:48:22 AM »
Basically the title. I click the link to download Union Cove and...nothing (*sad trombone*). If it's just me I'll have to investigate, but I somewhat doubt it because it's the only DL link that isn't responding. Maybe it's broken? Just thought it would be helpful for the the admins to know.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: UC Download link not working. Just me?
« Reply #386 on: February 01, 2022, 05:59:46 PM »
Download link works for me (Direct Link). I do see that it seems to use http to download instead of https, which Firefox complains about - but that is something I think only MrsFlynn can fix.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #387 on: February 02, 2022, 01:12:17 PM »
Thank you for the report MaxSims. 

I do see that the links had http instead of https, that they to be able to download the files. Thank you for pointing that out Seabody.

All the direct download links on this post should be working:

Union Cove Links
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=8517.msg509590#msg509590

Offline pcdoctor

• Nooboo
Link To Union Cove Seasons No Longer Works -- Fixed!!
« Reply #388 on: August 18, 2022, 07:50:52 PM »
I'm trying to download Union Cove Seasons but the link doesn't do anything.  I wanted to make sure I have the latest version of UC.  I have all EP's and SP's except for Katy Perry.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Link To Union Cove Seasons No Longer Works -- Fixed!!
« Reply #389 on: August 18, 2022, 08:07:57 PM »
Thank you for alerting us of an issue with the downloads.

I was able find and download the Union Cove files. You might try downloading them again.

Either click each link to start the download or if that doesn't work, right-click each link and select Save As.

If they fail to download, please let us know and we'll investigate further into the issue.  If you happen to get an error message, please let us know what it is and/or share a screenshot of it. It may help us be able to better fix the issue.

Note: The save files aren't necessarily required to be downloaded. If you've installed it correctly, you can find the Union Cove in the drop down list in the Sims 3 Main Menu.

Here are the direct download links for reference:

To save any of these files, click on the file and select Save File. It's recommended to temporarily save it to your desktop.

The Sims 3: Union Cove Downloads Page

Union Cove Seasons

Union Cove - Seasons Save File

Union Cove - Requires Pets

UnionCove - Requires Pet Save File

UnionCove Alternative Version - Does not require Pets

anything