Author Topic: WCIF: Male Short hair Solved  (Read 23758 times)

Offline experience

• Occult
  • If you pity a snake, you're bound to get bitten.
    • Nolan M Cruz
WCIF: Male Short hair Solved
« on: July 23, 2016, 03:25:04 PM »
I have been looking everywhere for the last day for this silly hair and I have come to the conclusion that it's not even real lol haha. It's probably right under my nose and I can't see it.

Has anybody seen this hair somewhere and know where I can find it?

http://65.media.tumblr.com/20746770072b2217861c4fc0b6b2b055/tumblr_nx7meu407U1s9o6pjo2_500.jpg

I will forever be in your debt  :-*

-----

Updated May 2019

As per this thread it has been revealed that the hair was a private share and that it hasn't been released publicly yet.

Also, for anybody looking for some hair for their male sims, I wanted to add a quick share with one of my latest finds that I am absolutely in love with.

The sims 4 has some of the best male hairs and thanks to wingsims over on the sims resource, they have converted some for us to use on The Sims 3!

Enjoy!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: WCIF: Male Short hair
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 04:06:22 PM »
Have you looked at Sims Resource for the hair? Or maybe something similar?
http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/browse/category/sims3-hair/page/7/cnt/2418/

Be careful *Snicker* This site is very addicting!! ;)  I once spent a whole afternoon picking out hairs and furniture to download from this site.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 07:29:06 PM »
I have looked there and ended up being there for a very... very... very long time. I a few other hairstyles, but not the one I am looking for unfortunately.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 07:58:36 PM »
Hmm.. bummer. Yeah, I went to grab the link for my reply and ended up finding a few hairs to add to my game. *Snicker* I keep telling myself I need to restrict myself from that site. Ha!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 08:26:34 PM »
Yeah, I just ended up finding another hair I like. Gah! It's so addicting...

On another note, I messaged the blog owner of where I found the image and asked them. Let's see if they respond. I really hope they do since I have wasted so many hours looking for this this :P

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 08:55:26 PM »
Oooh great idea!! :)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 10:39:47 PM »
Judging from the picture (I may be wrong), that looks like the Sims 4 (mostly if you look at the eyes/skin on the ears). I also saw that picture when paired with another Sims 4 Sim on a blog.

Now I hope I'm wrong because I love the way it looks, but I'm guessing the reason you haven't found it is because of it not being for the Sims 3 (as male hair for the Sims 3 is a little picked over, and the favorites tend to come to the front rather quickly).

For something similar, here's this: http://lapizrazuli.blogspot.com/2013/07/sims3-hair-mesh-13a15.html
I've used it in game before and it looks great! =)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 12:19:51 AM »
Oooh Thank you!! @LivvieLove

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 06:13:42 PM »
What fantastic hair ! It looks really great in game as well !
@LivvieLove if you've got other links to high quality hair like this, I'd like to know them :) I've always found it very hard to find nice hair for men that don't look a bit long or "anime" ! (Same with frizzy hair for women, but maybe I'll open a thread to ask for this)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 08:06:55 PM »
What fantastic hair ! It looks really great in game as well !
@LivvieLove if you've got other links to high quality hair like this, I'd like to know them :) I've always found it very hard to find nice hair for men that don't look a bit long or "anime" ! (Same with frizzy hair for women, but maybe I'll open a thread to ask for this)
Well, if you're up for it! (cracks knuckles) Let me break out my collection!

I know this isn't quite "realism" hair here, but Kijiko has some of my favorite hairstyles ever. So here is the link to his/her male hairstyles for The Sims 3. They have women's hair too, but a lot of it is just the male hairs converted for females and nothing I found particularly good for my females.
I'll toss in a few pictures of some of my favorites on my Sims.
So, the image below is Kijiko's White Toyger Kitten on a teenage boy (AKA: My darling Sheogorath):

Disguised Quinn is modeling Kijiko's Verte:

I use these hairstyles all the time, and I love a LOT of them. They might not be 100% up your alley though, so I also use Cazy hairstyles a lot. She's got a few really good ones for men (a lot of them are too shiny for my liking, but it's a good place to start). Here is her list of men's hair.
One of my favorites by her is Per Sempre. I have pictures of it, buuuut they are kind of spoilery for my Legacy, so if you'd like to see them in game just let me know and I'll PM you. Just kidding! I have one of toddlers, not actual adults, but it's not spoilery! -- If you want a picture of an adult just PM me then. ;D

I mean, I tend to use a lot of different hairs for my game. Depending on your style Nightcrawler might be up your alley for male hair. You can find some here. I like the pictures of them... but I have yet to find a Sim they look nice on in game, so there's that.

I've also dabbled in almost all the mainstream common hair-creators (Peggy, NewSea, SkySims, etc), and there's a few really good gems in the sea of average-to-meh hairstyles for men there. I'm trying to think if there are any men's hair that stick out to me off the top of my head... Nope, nothing is coming to mind at the moment.

Finally, one of my favorites is Taty's retextures. You can find her blog here with all the awesome retextures she does. It's a lot of women and her site download process is a bit annoying, so just a heads up.
Anyways, this is what I've got for now! =D Hopefully it's ok that I've put them here!

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 04:57:50 AM »
Did anyone find it for Sims 4? I love that hairstyle! Could you post the blog link? We could be lucky and find it in the gallery. I usually go to TSR for furniture and building supplies. I spent a whole day or more finding some modern minimalist stuff to deck out my build, since the only EP I have is the camping one. Then I spent the same again decking out a shack and building an industrial style apocalypse house.

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 07:35:52 PM »
They're so great, thank you so much ! I often use Cazy and Nightcrawler's hairstyles.
It's going to take quite some time to explore the rest, I didn't know Kijiko's and Taty's blogs :)

Offline experience

• Occult
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 09:47:20 AM »
Hey thanks for all the fantastic replies guys. It's definitely a sims 3 hairstyle. The blogger used it on another one of her sims. I've already sent her a message and haven't heard anything back. If somebody else would like to feel free. This is where I found it: http://buckleysims.tumblr.com/tagged/Benjamin-Blackwell

Offline NanoSeven

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 08:50:13 PM »
@LivvieLove  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I had bought a new computer and lost some of my male hairs, one in particular that I really loved, and your posted links allowed me to find it again!  mwah! <3

And this is why I will continually come back to this site over and over because I can always find what I need here.  It may take a bit of digging, but I can't say it enough....fantastic site!

Regards
NanoSeven

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 02:10:43 AM »
@LivvieLove  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I had bought a new computer and lost some of my male hairs, one in particular that I really loved, and your posted links allowed me to find it again!  mwah! <3

And this is why I will continually come back to this site over and over because I can always find what I need here.  It may take a bit of digging, but I can't say it enough....fantastic site!

Regards
NanoSeven
<3 Glad to be of service!
Modding the Sims 3 is my specialty! I only have 1000+ package files... ::) Somehow in this though, I lost my Per Sempre hair and had to download it again. Weird.
Guess when you have so much CC it becomes like a black hole...
No regrets!

anything