Author Topic: Underneath It All We're Just Savidges: A Life States Dynasty (updated 12/13)  (Read 685 times)

Offline goldenwanderer

• Llama Wrangler

Welcome to the second Savidge Dynasty! If you are interested in reading about the first set of Savidges, go here. They aren't directly connected, so you don't have to read one to understand the other. But I reserve the right to make references to my first successful dynasty (and I will, I guarantee it).

I'm using pretty much the same story-telling format as last time, but with chapters instead of generations/intermissions. And a little more of the growing up years, which are basically absent from my first go-round.

(Featured in the banner is Jaime Savidge, the founder.)

Family Status In-game: Generation 4 working on requirements.

Status Online: Generation 2 posted.

Family Tree: Here. (Up to date with game, so there will be spoilers.)

Address: 29 S Falls Ave, Moonlight Falls

Founder: Jaime Savidge (Vampire)
  • Traits: Couch Potato, Hot-Headed, Night Owl, Socially Awkward, Supernatural Fan
  • Lifetime Wish: Alchemy Artisan
  • Career: Gardening
  • Partner: Param Singh (Werewolf)
  • Offspring: Elijah (Werewolf), Zane (Vampire)
  • 1 Best Friend: Alfred Hopcraft (Fairy)
  • 2 Career Rewards: Gardening Certificate, Gardening Hero's Trophy
  • 3 Unique Opportunities: Great Greens, Perfect Produce, Networking is Key
  • 4 Unique LTRs: Super Green Thumb, No Bills Ever, Fireproof Homestead, Collection Helper
  • 5 5k+ Wishes: Master Alchemy Skill, Master Gardening Skill, Create 20 Elixirs, Reach Top of Gardening Career, Have First Child
  • 6 Unique Skill Challenges: Master Planter, Master Farmer, Alchemists Anonymous, Botanical Boss, Master Alchemist, Excellent Elixirs
  • 7 Mausoleum Pieces: Vials of Bliss
  • Vacation Days Used: 0

Heir 2: Elijah Savidge (Werewolf)
  • Traits: Slob, Clumsy, Supernatural Fan, Inappropriate, Perfectionist
  • Lifetime Wish: Perfect Mind, Perfect Body
  • Career: Criminal (Evil)
  • Partner: Clara Willett (genie)
  • Offspring: Luciana (genie), Jamal (werewolf)
  • Toddler: Xylophone, Art Books
  • Child: Schoolyard Chums
  • Teen: Vicky Nickerson
  • 1 Best Friend: Oakley Bean (fairy)
  • 2 Career Rewards: Athletic Certificate, Logic Certificate
  • 3 Unique Opportunities: No Sweat!, Welcome to the Family, The Complete Circuit
  • 4 Unique LTRs: Inappropriate But in a Good Way, Dirt Defiant, Alpha Wolf, Dusty Old Lamp
  • 5 5k+ Wishes: Master Athletic Skill, Work Out for 12 Hours Straight, Be Worth More than $500,000, Marry Clara, Discover All Potions
  • 6 Unique Skill Challenges: Marathon Runner, Fitness Nut, Teacher Extraordinaire, Celestial Explorer, Master Chemist, Body Builder
  • 7 Mausoleum Pieces: Mood Enhancer Potions

Offline goldenwanderer

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Underneath It All We're Just Savidges: A Life States Dynasty (8/22)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 07:27:20 PM »
Chapter 1: Jaime Savidge
Come sit and rest a while.

Once upon a time, an ambitious witch named Natasha Savidge came to Moonlight Falls with a dream. Actually, three dreams: to rid the world of ghosts, to make out with as many people as possible, and to build a dynasty that would take over the town. Sort of.

But this is not her story.

This tale begins, instead, with a different Savidge (possibly related; maybe a cousin or something? although this is an alternate universe, so maybe not). Her name is Jaime, and she is a vampire of unknown origins. Like her counterpart, she came to Moonlight Falls to establish a dynasty.

But unlike her counterpart, she's not ambitious. At all.

Jaime's traits: Couch Potato, Hot-Headed, Night Owl, Supernatural Fan, Socially Awkward

Early on, she took an interest in alchemy. Making elixirs seemed like the perfect way to get the things she wanted without having to work too hard. A little research, a little mixing, and poof! Easy ways to make friends, boost job performance, fulfill needs, and more. (I think she enjoyed throwing elixirs at people, too. Maybe a little too much.)

Working on her elixirs during the day, when the sun is too bright for her.

Unfortunately, the best skill to supplement alchemy is gardening. And gardening is not a fun skill for either a couch potato or a vampire.

(Or for me. I hate gardening. Glad to have it out of the way early. Fun fact, though: somehow both of my dynasty vampires, who can't stay out in the sun, ended up the gardeners of their respective families. How strange.)

So Jaime ended up working very hard in those early days... or nights, really, since she couldn't work outside during the day. Every night she was out there, pulling weeds and harvesting crops. And, until I finally remembered the existence of water sprinklers, watering all the plants.

Diligently tending her plants after dark.

Not long after moving to Moonlight Falls, Jaime happened to meet Param Singh. I believe it was during one of her trips to the local lounge. The two of them quickly hit it off. He was reasonably attractive for a werewolf, and their signs were compatible.

Proof that vampires and werewolves can coexist peacefully.

There was, of course, the small matter of Param already being married. Navita was not pleased that Jaime was stealing her husband. But Jaime didn't really care. Param and Navita broke up, and Param promptly moved in with and married Jaime.

(They got married a little too soon, actually. I forgot to wait for the "Marry Param" wish to pop up. Oops.)

Param's traits: Ambitious, Great Kisser, Workaholic, Hates the Outdoors, Hopeless Romantic

Param was in the science career, so it made sense for him to start helping Jaime with the garden. He could tend it during the day, while she slept or worked on elixirs. For a long time, he pulled the weeds while she did the harvesting. Until eventually, there were so many plants to harvest that both Param and Jaime needed to do harvesting just to keep up.

Not sure if you can tell or not, but the garden was larger than the house. That's a lot of plants.

After working so hard, they sometimes needed a break. Jaime liked to visit the lounge at night, to throw elixirs at people and hunt for bite victims.

(Helena, of the 1st Savidge dynasty, only ever bit one person. Jaime was no nearly so discriminating.)

That's my precious little vampire, pretending she's so tough.

Here she is at a hot dog eating contest, sometime after her requirements were done. She lost. She'd never eaten human food before, after all.

Param was busier than Jaime, if you can believe it. In addition to tending the garden, he had to fix all the broken objects, cook all the meals, and occasionally practice fishing. Plus, he started mastering logic so he could make potions and eventually tutor his children.

But once in a while, he found time to himself.

He usually hunts with clothes on. But not this time.

I'm pretty sure Jaime didn't mind that, though.

At long last, after ten weeks of gardening and elixir mixing, Jaime finally finished her last requirement. And that meant she could finally be with done with the garden, once and for all.

Jaime's part of the mauseoleum.

Actually, her last wish was to have her first child. So technically she was pregnant with the next heir before her requirements were finished.

Popping in the middle of the garden. Which was sledgehammered soon afterward.

Jaime was never on the same schedule as anyone in the family. Not when she slept all day and stayed up all night.

The best thing about bringing in the next heir and being done with work? The home makeover. She and Param had been living in a little shack this whole time, and now they had space to spread out.

And they also got the one thing Jaime wanted most: a television.

A pretty typical night in the Savidge household. Param working while Jaime watches TV.

My precious little couch potato loves that thing. She's not allowed to do much these days, since the garden's gone and I sold her alchemy workstation. But she doesn't care. As long as she's got a TV, she's perfectly happy.

Stats
  • Traits: Couch Potato, Hot-Headed, Night Owl, Socially Awkward, Supernatural Fan
  • Lifetime Wish: Alchemy Artisan
  • Career: Gardening
  • Partner: Param Singh (Werewofl)
  • Offspring: Elijah (Werewolf), Zane (Vampire)
  • 1 Best Friend: Alfred Hopcraft (Fairy)
  • 2 Career Rewards: Gardening Certificate, Gardening Hero's Trophy
  • 3 Unique Opportunities: Great Greens, Perfect Produce, Networking is Key
  • 4 Unique LTRs: Super Green Thumb, No Bills Ever, Fireproof Homestead, Collection Helper
  • 5 5k+ Wishes: Master Alchemy Skill, Master Gardening Skill, Create 20 Elixirs, Reach Top of Gardening Career, Have First Child
  • 6 Unique Skill Challenges: Master Planter, Master Farmer, Alchemists Anonymous, Botanical Boss, Master Alchemist, Excellent Elixirs
  • 7 Mausoleum Pieces: Vials of Bliss

Coming soon: The raising of generation 2, and the introduction of the family ghosts.

Preview

What not to do when you take your son home for the first time.

These accumulated during generation 1. And there are more to come. That should tell you something.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline goldenwanderer

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Underneath It All We're Just Savidges: A Life States Dynasty (8/22)
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 09:48:26 AM »
Chapter 2: Raising Generation Two

Previously, Jaime Savidge and her husband Param conceived a child together, hoping to bring in the first family heir.

They got what they wanted. Twin boys were born: one vampire, called Zane, and one werewolf, named Elijah.

Mama Jaime moments after giving birth to twins.

But though she went home from the hospital, she didn't stay there. Instead of feeding Elijah or putting him in his crib, she did this:

Um, Jaime, that's not where the baby goes...

She took off without my direction and headed across the map, not caring about things like where she was walking.

Finally, though, she did manage to successfully return home.

Let's try this again, shall we?

Zane and Elijah resting safely in their cribs.

Despite her initial mistakes, Jaime proved to be an affectionate mother to both her sons.

Playing with Zane...

...and feeding Elijah.

Soon enough, the boys began to grow up.

The first thing toddler Elijah did was tear up the rug. Precious werewolf baby.

The twins watching TV with their parents.

Potty training.

Learning to talk with mommy.

And of course, more glitching.

The boys as children, diligently doing their homework.

Zane painting a picture. As a vampire, he mastered the skill almost instantaneously.

Elijah playing pirate in the treehouse. His brother is probably there somewhere.

Or he could be passed out in the kitchen with Dad.

Teenage Elijah and Zane having a pillowfight.

Elijah dancing at the festival.

A double date: Elijah and his first girlfriend, and Zane and his future husband.

They are kind of adorable together. Or maybe that's just Elijah.

Zane stopped getting along with his dad once he hit the teenage years. They never reconciled.

Because he is a werewolf, Elijah gets to be the heir of the family. After marrying Monte Wilson, Zane moved out of the house.

Monte has since died, but Zane lives on, occasionally spotted by one or other of the Savidge heirs.

Zane's traits: Light Sleeper, Perceptive, Loves to Swim, Great Kisser, Lucky (Nerd), Brooding

Coming soon: The family ghosts, and the life of Elijah Savidge.

Offline goldenwanderer

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Underneath It All We're Just Savidges: A Life States Dynasty (9/30)
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 10:47:32 AM »
Chapter 3: The Family Ghosts

A strange phenomenon occurs at the Savidge household. It seems to be the place where all zombies come to die of old age. In generation one alone, four people died and left gravestones outside the Savidge house. And that number has continued to grow since then.

This, naturally, means that there are ghosts in the house. And it has led to some interesting shenanigans.

Many of you might say, "Just move the graves off the lot, so you don't have all those ghosts hanging around." The idea has been considered. But despite the occasional annoyance, it really is more fun this way. It gives the house a bit more character.

It happens this way. They start out as a zombie, visiting the house on a full moon...

...only to be claimed by the Grim Reaper later that night.

Sometimes one or other of the occupants runs out to watch.

The rocking chair was originally in the nursery with the babies.

But when they started waking up the kids in the middle of the night, that had to change.

Because the ghosts love the rocking chair.

Seriously.

They really do.

Sometimes they do creepy things like watching people sleep.

Or possessing the bed while people are sleeping. Note that Elijah isn't even bothered; he's used to this by now.

Sometimes they like to cook food for themselves.

Other times they just steal the leftovers.

They also like to join Jaime on the couch as she watches TV.

And sometimes, at night, the house is just crazy.

But really, it just wouldn't be home without all the ghosts.

Coming soon: The life and times of Elijah Savidge.

Offline goldenwanderer

• Llama Wrangler
Chapter 4: Elijah Savidge
Mischief managed.

The next heir of the Savidge family is Jaime and Param's younger son, Elijah. He is very much a werewolf like his father - one who has enjoyed mischief and destruction from the time he could crawl.

Elijah's traits: Slob, Clumsy, Supernatural Fan, Inappropriate, Perfectionist

His traits don't point to any career or skillset in particular. On his own, he's most likely to be found trolling on Internet forums. So I had to pick something for him to do with his life. I needed someone with logic to tutor future generations and to make potions, so that became of his main skills.

Playing chess with dad.

Tutoring one of the Wolff boys. Gator, I believe.

I can't remember exactly why I decided he would max the Athletic skill. Probably had something to do with his LTW. Whatever the reason, he took to it well.

And just look at those muscles...

Having never actually played with a genie before, I decided that Elijah would marry one. So throughout his growing up years, the adults took it in turns to search the Catacombs, in an attempt to find a magic lamp. It didn't happen, so Elijah had to buy a lamp as one of his LTRs.

Unfortunately, the first lamp contained a male genie.

And so did the second.

Apparently, the third time's the charm.

Finally, we got a pretty lady genie.

Her name was Clara, and Elijah liked her immediately.

Love at first sight, basically.

It didn't take long at all before Clara was a part of the family.

Clara's traits: Good Sense of Humor, Loves the Outdoors, Clumsy, Party Animal, Snob

She joined the journalism career, just for fun. Or maybe because there's always a story when you're dealing with the Savidge family.

Hogging the computer, much to Elijah's dismay.

Sadly, we lost Param to old age while Elijah was working on his requirements. It happened just as he was playing chess with his son, actually.

It was the first time someone died inside the house, rather than outside.

Elijah and Jaime were devastated, of course.

But the Grim Reaper was chill about the whole thing.

"No wonder all the ghosts like this chair - this is comfortable!"

And fortunately, ghosts tend to make a lot of appearance in the Savidge house. So Jaime got to see her deceased husband on occasion.

And make out with him. A bit.

She didn't get him to woohoo with her, but she sure tried.

Eventually, Elijah finished all of his requirements, and was able to get his wife pregnant with the next family heir.

Probably wondering whether the baby will be blue like her.

But before we get to generation three, have some random shots of Elijah.

Trolling the Internet, in the library this time.

Licking a plate clean. Not quite as effective as a dishwasher, but more tasty.

There's probably a ghost in the room. That's usually when he makes this face.

Confused, as usual.

My precious boy.

These days, Elijah spends most of his time at the park, at work, or at home trying to get on the Internet. Now and then on full moons, he hunts around the house for whatever he can find. And when anyone needs tutoring, he's on call. He also plays a lot of chess, to keep him out of trouble.

Elijah's part of the mauseoleum.

Stats:

• Traits: Slob, Clumsy, Supernatural Fan, Inappropriate, Perfectionist
  • Lifetime Wish: Perfect Mind, Perfect Body
  • Career: Criminal (Evil)
  • Partner: Clara Willett (genie)
  • Offspring: Luciana (genie), Jamal (werewolf)
  • Toddler: Xylophone, Art Books
  • Child: Schoolyard Chums
  • Teen: Vicky Nickerson
  • 1 Best Friend: Oakley Bean (fairy)
  • 2 Career Rewards: Athletic Certificate, Logic Certificate
  • 3 Unique Opportunities: No Sweat!, Welcome to the Family, The Complete Circuit
  • 4 Unique LTRs: Inappropriate But in a Good Way, Dirt Defiant, Alpha Wolf, Dusty Old Lamp
  • 5 5k+ Wishes: Master Athletic Skill, Work Out for 12 Hours Straight, Be Worth More than $500,000, Marry Clara, Discover All Potions
  • 6 Unique Skill Challenges: Marathon Runner, Fitness Nut, Teacher Extraordinaire, Celestial Explorer, Master Chemist, Body Builder
  • 7 Mausoleum Pieces: Mood Enhancer Potions

Coming soon: The raising of generation 3.

anything