Author Topic: Lazlo's Bizarre Adventure: A Curious Immortal Dynasty  (Read 1922 times)

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
Lazlo's Bizarre Adventure: A Curious Immortal Dynasty
« on: March 09, 2017, 01:37:13 AM »
Strangetown, Sometime in the Past
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Once upon a time there was a man named Lazlo Curious who lived in the town of Strangetown. His whole life he had dreamed of meeting aliens.
He lived with his two older brothers, Pascal and Vidcund,
As well as his niece Rosalind and nephew Turing, who were, coincidentally, the results of alien abductions.
And across town lived his older sister Jenny's family.
Which consisted of her husband, a former Pollination Technician from the planet Sixam,
Her half-alien son Johnny,
Her daughter Jill, who despite not appearing to be any part alien was in fact also half-alien,
And Lola and Chloe. Their relation to the rest of the family was...complicated. They were born to Glarn, the father of our hero and his three siblings, and PT9, Jenny's husband. Thus, they were both her half-sisters and step-daughters.
Being surrounded by so many aliens makes one reevaluate their priorities. Lazlo, eventually, realized that his time would be far better spent in other pursuits. He spent his days reading until he discovered his new quest in life.
"I got it!" he proclaimed one day. "I'm going to begin the quest for immortality!"
And with that idea in his head Lazlo began his research. He discovered several others online who had attempted to seek immortality but few had been successful. Armed with the knowledge that this was not only possible but had been successfully done by others Lazlo began his preparations for his quest.
He said goodbye to his little niece and nephew,
As well as to his two brothers. Jenny and her family were also informed, and requested that Lazlo visit them when he could.
And so our hero officially begins his quest for immortality, hoping to join the elite ranks of the sims who have come before.

Can he succeed? Or will he fail miserably in his first few days? Tune in for more in...Lazlo's Bizarre Adventure!

I'm back after a brief, unintended hiatus! School just got really busy, I actually have finals next week (yay for the quarter system) but I actually have a bit of time to play between now and the 20th, so I may as well get further into my stories. This is actually one I had been planning for a while, so I'm happy to finally show it! And don't worry the Veronaville Dynasties will be back soon too, I had some technical issues with the save but I'm hoping it's all resolved now.

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
Re: Lazlo's Bizarre Adventure: A Curious Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 01:40:10 AM »
Statistics and Family Tree
Curious/Smith Family Tree

Lazlo Curious
Role: The Founder
Aspiration: Nerd Brain

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 12:34:53 PM »
What a wonderful background story for your founder!
Your dynasty's title made me giggle; it reminded me both of that manga "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure" and a boy in my failed RDC (Vlad's son, Laszlo Vatore).
I love that Lazlo obsesses over meeting aliens. How creative of you to make his brother-in-law a retired Pollinator Technician.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next update about your quirky founder who is adorably geeky-looking!

Edited to add:
I also looked up Lazlo Curious after reading FrancescaFiori's comment. Wow, what a wonderful contemporary interpretation of a TS2 sim!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 12:50:01 PM »
Yay! I'm very excited for this! I looked up your founder and I really like the way you've translated him into Sims 4. I agree with oshizu, he's adorably geeky!

It must be hard for him to leave behind such a great family, but adventure awaits!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 01:28:41 PM »
Okay, i'm with the rest, Lazlo is adorably geeky. I love his family. Who needs normal right?? LOL

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 09:06:44 AM »
I loved the Curious family in TS2. In fact, my first Sim that I was really attached to was Cosma Curious, daughter of Pascal. Looking forward to more!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline bookloverblue

• Townie
    • Blue's Sim Stories
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 03:26:46 PM »
The Curious Brothers were my favourite TS2 family (with the Beakers a close second), so looking forward to seeing more of Lazlo's adventures in TS4! This is brilliantly done so far.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 11:12:07 PM »
Oh. My. Goodness. This is fabulous! The Curious brothers are my all-time favorites. I made versions of them WAY back when I only had the CAS demo, but I've never done anything with them. Did you make all of those Curious/Smith Sims? They look great. Although Pascal will always be my favorite of the brothers, I'm really looking forward to this. Go Lazlo!