Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 129720 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2017, 06:26:17 PM »
Hi, just a quick question. Are the emotional lights allowed?

Yes. Offhand, I think everything in buy mode is allowed.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2017, 05:04:35 PM »
When we set up our town, can we also place MaxisCreator_01's venues and not only residential lots?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2017, 05:17:32 PM »
When we set up our town, can we also place MaxisCreator_01's venues and not only residential lots?

Yes, you may place any Maxis-made venues.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2017, 09:23:30 AM »
Hi again, so excited to start this dynasty- working on my town right now.

Could you explain a bit more about the  "teen aged straight to a ya " that we can start with. Does it mean that we could start with a Laandgrab or a Gothfor example? Or am I missunderstanding ?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2017, 09:39:41 AM »
Hi again, so excited to start this dynasty- working on my town right now.

Could you explain a bit more about the  "teen aged straight to a ya " that we can start with. Does it mean that we could start with a Laandgrab or a Gothfor example? Or am I missunderstanding ?

Yes, that's exactly what it means. Or Yuki Behr.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2017, 09:25:13 AM »
I just uploaded my family museum template to the gallery. I had such a hard time to remodel or find something that would work from the gallery/library.

I wanted to share it in case someone else might find it useful. I posted some pictures here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2017, 04:52:36 PM »
Can the sims earn points for 2 skills simultaneously, or do they need to max one before earning points in another?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2017, 05:26:15 PM »
Can the sims earn points for 2 skills simultaneously, or do they need to max one before earning points in another?

They need to max the designated skill before starting to pick up points in a new skill.

Example: Liberty Lee needs both logic and fitness to advance in the Astronaut career (and rocket science later, I think). You start with the logic skill, and pick up 10 points from that. She has also picked up 3 points in fitness, but those don't count; when you switch to fitness, she'll be able to get 7 points. You can then pick up 3 points from rocket science since the limit is 20. You'll also be able to get 2 points each time she maxes a skill.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2017, 06:18:00 PM »

They need to max the designated skill before starting to pick up points in a new skill.

Example: Liberty Lee needs both logic and fitness to advance in the Astronaut career (and rocket science later, I think). You start with the logic skill, and pick up 10 points from that. She has also picked up 3 points in fitness, but those don't count; when you switch to fitness, she'll be able to get 7 points. You can then pick up 3 points from rocket science since the limit is 20. You'll also be able to get 2 points each time she maxes a skill.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I Thought this was the case but wanted to make sure.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2017, 07:06:49 AM »
This may have been asked already, but maybe not.  If we start with an aged up teenager, the game brings up the aspiration chooser at their birthday.  Do we have to choose the same aspiration they had as a teen, or can we choose a different one?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2017, 08:53:49 AM »
This may have been asked already, but maybe not.  If we start with an aged up teenager, the game brings up the aspiration chooser at their birthday.  Do we have to choose the same aspiration they had as a teen, or can we choose a different one?

The same one the teen had.

Offline Antalia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #131 on: April 10, 2017, 06:55:47 PM »
2 points for every $30,000 added to the initial household fund. 10 points maximum. Note household income immediately upon moving in.

If I spend money to, say, buy a toddler bed or something, would that money still count toward the $30,000?

Offline Antalia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2017, 02:02:39 PM »
2 points for every $30,000 added to the initial household fund. 10 points maximum. Note household income immediately upon moving in.

If I spend money to, say, buy a toddler bed or something, would that money still count toward the $30,000?
The way I decided to do it is when the Household Funds displayed on the screen go over the [multiple of $30,000] + [initial funds amount], I get two points then. I only get points for a milestone once. I'm not sure if I'm understanding the rules about this correctly, so it would be nice if someone could confirm.

Other questions I've run into:

1. Since I'm allowed to tell other Sims to blow out candles, I can age the heir up early if I want to, right?

2. I saw some comments in this thread about the controlled Sim writing excuse notes for household members on free days. They can also do this when it's not a free day, right? (I haven't written an excuse note before, so I'm not sure if this takes any interaction on the part of the non-controlled Sim.)

3. Is there an easy way to identify whether a Sim is homeless? (Sorry if this is a dumb question--I haven't played Sims 4 much. Do I need to look through the whole map to check?)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2017, 02:54:19 PM »

The way I decided to do it is when the Household Funds displayed on the screen go over the [multiple of $30,000] + [initial funds amount], I get two points then. I only get points for a milestone once. I'm not sure if I'm understanding the rules about this correctly, so it would be nice if someone could confirm.

Other questions I've run into:

1. Since I'm allowed to tell other Sims to blow out candles, I can age the heir up early if I want to, right?

2. I saw some comments in this thread about the controlled Sim writing excuse notes for household members on free days. They can also do this when it's not a free day, right? (I haven't written an excuse note before, so I'm not sure if this takes any interaction on the part of the non-controlled Sim.)

3. Is there an easy way to identify whether a Sim is homeless? (Sorry if this is a dumb question--I haven't played Sims 4 much. Do I need to look through the whole map to check?)

Sorry I missed seeing your previous post.

When your household income = the starting sum + $30,000 or its multiple, you can count that for your 2 points.

1. I had assumed that we had in the rules somewhere that Sims could only be aged up on their birthdays. Since that was our intent for this challenge, I added it in. The Rival Dynasties Challenge allows for early age-up because it's a race.

2. The controlled Sim can write excuse notes for other Sims on any day.

3. I think you only find out for sure when your Sim asks the other Sim to move in. Gardeners, repair people, and mail carriers are usually homeless, though.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2017, 02:59:42 PM »
Added:

Sims may be told to blow out candles on their birthday cakes, when it's their birthday (0 days left).

Also added bowling alley to list of things that can be added to community lots.

Note: if you aged up an heir early, you're not disqualified. Just don't do it again.