Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 129705 times)

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #345 on: February 05, 2018, 06:43:28 PM »
What are the rules on Non-heir Gender customisation, I kinda what my lesbian Spare to have a child outside the household is that something I can do?
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #346 on: February 05, 2018, 07:41:48 PM »
Hey!
On page 1 under "General Rules," there is a ruling that:
Gender customization can be done only to the heir and only once when he or she is a teen.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #347 on: February 05, 2018, 08:27:37 PM »
Hey!
On page 1 under "General Rules," there is a ruling that:
Gender customization can be done only to the heir and only once when he or she is a teen.

Awh nevermind then maybe in another file thanks Oshizu
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #348 on: February 07, 2018, 06:24:32 PM »
I'm not at the point where I can move an unplayed household into a vacant house, but I have two questions about the rule below.

Whenever your heir's world has fewer than 8 occupied houses or apartments, you may move in Sims from the Unplayed Households bin to bring the total to 8.

(1) Do the "8 occupied houses or apartments" exclude or include the residence of the active heir?
     With Vlad and the Vatores being immortal, unless we plan on marrying into either of those households, they count toward the "occupied houses" without really helping.

(2) Since an heir may not move into the house of a previous heir, if the previous heir's household still lives, is their house included among the "8 occupied houses or apartments"?

Though I haven't added any households yet, I'd been excluding the active heir's house when tallying the unoccupied houses.
Today, I'm wondering if I've been wrong all along.
I'm not asking to exclude or include; I'd just like to make sure I'm understanding this rule correctly. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #349 on: February 07, 2018, 08:03:54 PM »
I'm not at the point where I can move an unplayed household into a vacant house, but I have two questions about the rule below.

Whenever your heir's world has fewer than 8 occupied houses or apartments, you may move in Sims from the Unplayed Households bin to bring the total to 8.

(1) Do the "8 occupied houses or apartments" exclude or include the residence of the active heir?
     With Vlad and the Vatores being immortal, unless we plan on marrying into either of those households, they count toward the "occupied houses" without really helping.

(2) Since an heir may not move into the house of a previous heir, if the previous heir's household still lives, is their house included among the "8 occupied houses or apartments"?

Though I haven't added any households yet, I'd been excluding the active heir's house when tallying the unoccupied houses.
Today, I'm wondering if I've been wrong all along.
I'm not asking to exclude or include; I'd just like to make sure I'm understanding this rule correctly. :)

I think we've gone with "include."
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #350 on: February 07, 2018, 09:24:48 PM »
Thank you MarianT!

I wish I had waited a few hours to ask that question about occupied houses because I already have two more.

(1) $10,000 in profits earned from a retail store/restaurant/vet clinic:
My sim has opened a vet clinic and I have a question about the rule below:
1 point for each $10,000 in profit (household funds excluded) earned by a retail store, vet clinic, or restaurant. 10 points maximum.

Do I count point for this category in the same way that we count points for household funds?
That is, I initially ignore any money moved over from household funds when I'm building.
After that, I ignore calculating ups and downs in the total due to expenditures and just count a point for every $10,000 added to the clinic's "Business Funds."
If I take a second point at $20k then move $10k to household funds, I'll need $30k for the third point.
Is this right? Or do I keep a tally from the daily Finance Reports, adding up the net profits?

(I'm currently faaaaar from thinking in $10k increments but I'd like to plan ahead.)

(2) -10 points if the controlled sim is a vampire
I have a feeling that this has been asked before, but I just skimmed this thread and couldn't find a related question.
Would marrying into a household with a vampire result in a -10 point penalty after the first free day? (since said vamp would be a controlled sim during the free day).

(3) Aspirations for spares/helpers
I realize that aspirations completed by the founder and heirs should be limited, because they must be unique.
On the other hand, is there any restriction on how many aspirations a spare or helper can complete?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #351 on: February 10, 2018, 08:06:13 PM »
@MarianT Can you clarify what "ready to move out" entails? Would it be a teen who has completed their family portraits and collection or do they have to be a YA?

When your 10th generation Sim is ready to move out of the house, take a screenshot of him or her with the 10-item collection and pictures of the 9 ancestors. Submit this for your Hall of Fame entry. Your "score" is the worth of your Museum items -- pictures and collections.

I still have a bit to go. My Gen 9 heir will be a YA in 3 Sim days. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #352 on: February 10, 2018, 10:50:59 PM »
Woooo, @reggikko !  You are so close to done with your challenge!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #353 on: February 11, 2018, 08:35:19 AM »
@oshizu,

1. Your way of figuring the $10,000 sounds good to me.
2. The "controlled Sim" is the founder or heir. Spouse vampires don't cost anything.
3. No limit on aspirations for other household members.

@reggikko, Yes, you can finish up when your controlled Sim is a teen.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #354 on: February 19, 2018, 06:51:46 PM »
My heir planned on doing Herbalism as his designated skill.
He's reached Free Day #4 without touching Herbalism so far, however, and will likely not need it at all to earn his 50th point.

In this case, would Herbalism still count as his designated skill (currently Level 0) or could it be returned to the pool of available designated skills for future heirs?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #355 on: February 19, 2018, 09:25:53 PM »
My heir planned on doing Herbalism as his designated skill.
He's reached Free Day #4 without touching Herbalism so far, however, and will likely not need it at all to earn his 50th point.

In this case, would Herbalism still count as his designated skill (currently Level 0) or could it be returned to the pool of available designated skills for future heirs?

If he doesn't count any points in the skill, then it's still eligible as a designated skill for a future heir.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #356 on: February 19, 2018, 09:39:56 PM »
Thank you, MarianT!  That's great news! :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #357 on: February 28, 2018, 04:09:49 PM »
My fifth-generation heir is a teen with a week to go before she can age up to young adult and move out.
Is she allowed to phone Jasmine Holiday?

If not, that's okay, too. Never hurts to ask. :D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #358 on: February 28, 2018, 04:21:50 PM »
My fifth-generation heir is a teen with a week to go before she can age up to young adult and move out.
Is she allowed to phone Jasmine Holiday?

If not, that's okay, too. Never hurts to ask. :D

I think we've usually allowed Jasmine Holiday to give dynasty Sims a boost, so that's okay. She's definitely off limits in the Tournament Challenges, though.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #359 on: February 28, 2018, 04:27:13 PM »
Thank you. I'm hoping the heir can quickly finish up her museum stuff and take a vacation. *waggles eyebrow

anything