Author Topic: The Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack  (Read 9464 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 02:59:25 PM »
@Rainbow Dash I find that the thing that turns me off new content for this iteration is all the crazy posts on social media about how amazing it all is. lol. It's a stuff pack. *shrug* It has stuff...   I'm not really into vintage and all that detailed stuff that came with the base game (Princess Cordelia style) as I prefer modern with clean lines and/or the urban warehouse look.

Yep. I am frequently annoyed that none of the environment 10 items fit in with my usual modern-ish decorating schemes. I don't want a suit of armor! ;)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 05:09:38 PM »
I like the traditional stuff in this game --- except if you use it in CL because modern stuff really, really works in that pack --- even more than any other pack or the base game --- although either style works in the rest of the game.  However, @reggikko, I agree that I don't need a suit of armor...ha ha.  @Playalot --- It's good to know that the butler is live-in.  My main suburban household, the Sullivans', lot has 7 bedrooms, and they only use 4 of them.  I guess they'd give the butler the bedroom on the second floor --- which is away from the other bedrooms, but yet, close enough for him to be summoned :P.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 02:19:43 AM »
@Rainbow Dash That's the thing with stuff packs, it's either your 'thing' or it's not. I still love many of the items that came with Cool Kitchens lol despite that being on many peoples 'disliked' lists.  :)

@Playalot  I know RIGHT?? I mean who DOSENT love an ice cream maker that makes all kinds of wild things that has all new interactions involved with it and can cause all kinds of wild things to happen to your sims? I mean that thing is almost better than Mixology since there are all kinds of cool interactions that can happen with ice cream and the ice cream maker. LOL

At the same time though i'm not very into the Kids Room Stuff simply because i'm not that into children and families in the game. I'm sure it's a great pack especially for people who like to make families in the game and have their kids have alot of fun things to do, but it's just not for me. :D

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2016, 03:05:26 PM »
@Rainbow Dash I find that the thing that turns me off new content for this iteration is all the crazy posts on social media about how amazing it all is. lol. It's a stuff pack. *shrug* It has stuff...   I'm not really into vintage and all that detailed stuff that came with the base game (Princess Cordelia style) as I prefer modern with clean lines and/or the urban warehouse look.

That's the thing with stuff packs, it's either your 'thing' or it's not. I still love many of the items that came with Cool Kitchens lol despite that being on many peoples 'disliked' lists.  :)

I did see on the twitters though that SimGuruGraham has said that butlers do live in and that (I think) there is a special new door locking system for them. I actually can't find the actual tweet now as the sub feed has been going nuts.  ::)
Play --- My main Sim family is an 8 Sim household.  Will the butler be able to live with them?  He wouldn't be a family member, but someone whom they hire.  I built a house for another family ---- a 4 Sim household, which will certainly be able to have a live-in butler.  However, I would like my main Sim household of 8 Sims to have a butler.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2016, 03:09:08 PM »
I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere (Twitter, maybe?) that the butler does not take up a household spot, so you 8-sim family should be able to have one with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2016, 03:16:30 PM »
I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere (Twitter, maybe?) that the butler does not take up a household spot, so you 8-sim family should be able to have one with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@FrancescaFiori That's awesome.  Thanks for letting me know :).  Now, my Sims will upgrade the butlers' bathroom this afternoon --- before he lives in his ajoining bedroom.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2016, 03:22:31 PM »
@reggikko right! lol Suits of armor don't do it for me either, unless I'm building castles I guess.
@Rangervegas *nods* I know. Like what is there not to like?   ;D

Good to know about the butler being an additional sim on the lot. I can't see why this wouldn't be the case as the butler is an NPC sim that you do not control but just interact with as you do with any other 'visiting' sim. Just in this case he/she doesn't leave the lot.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sharpsiren

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2016, 10:09:31 PM »
This is so in my wheelhouse.

I know, right? Seriously, I don't even care so much about the butler, though if that works out it'll be great. But the whole vintage thing is my absolute favorite look. I love making my sims up to look glamorous. Take my money, EA!

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 11:53:49 PM »
This is so in my wheelhouse.

I know, right? Seriously, I don't even care so much about the butler, though if that works out it'll be great. But the whole vintage thing is my absolute favorite look. I love making my sims up to look glamorous. Take my money, EA!
Me too, @sharpsiren :)!  I've always liked that kind of stuff.  However, I think that this pack, more than the others, is for people who like vintage stuff.  The other packs are for people who have a traditional, modern or in between taste.  This one states in its name that it is about vintage stuff.

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2016, 01:33:09 AM »
@Playalot Maybe we can get them to add a vintage ice cream maker to the pack. LMAO. Then we'll have an excuse to buy it. You know like the old hand crank wood bucket ones you had to put ice and rock salt in?  ;) :D :D

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2016, 01:37:51 AM »
@Playalot Maybe we can get them to add a vintage ice cream maker to the pack. LMAO. Then we'll have an excuse to buy it. You know like the old hand crank wood bucket ones you had to put ice and rock salt in?  ;) :D :D
@Rangervegas --- lol that would be a cool item --- or an old washing machine with a crank and ringer above the wash basin part.  I'm still excited, though :)!

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Vintage Glamour Stuff now available
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 02:55:11 PM »
The Sims 4:  Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack is now available at Origin.
https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/addon/the-sims-4-vintage-glamour-stuff

It costs $9.99 USD

It's time for your Sims to live luxuriously with The Sims™ 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff. Dress Sims in stunning vintage fashions and accessories, then try on makeup at the vanity table. Adorn your Sim's home with high-end furnishings and even hire a butler to fulfill their every need.

KEY FEATURES

Stunning vintage fashion. Drape your Sims in classic Hollywood inspired fashion that's as elegant as it is timeless. Accessorize with sparkling diamond jewelry and choose ravishing hairstyles that'll turn heads wherever they go.

All-new vanity table. Sims can use the vanity table to primp before a night out or practice their flirty advances. Give your Sims an entirely new look, or quickly apply makeup that will last all evening long.

Hire a personal butler. Summon your Sim's live-in butler with the ring of a bell. They'll cook meals, tidy up, greet guests and fulfill almost any request. Make sure to give the butler praise to receive quicker service that'll keep your Sims in the lap of luxury.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2016, 08:44:44 PM »
First butler my sims get has the klepto trait. I'm in heaven.  ;D

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2016, 09:06:18 PM »
First butler my sims get has the klepto trait. I'm in heaven.  ;D
I'm glad you got Vintage Glamour Stuff, @Playalot :)!  It's good that you found a butler you like...a klepto butler --- lol!  I got one of those, and my Sims ditched him.  He also had the hates children trait.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2016, 09:14:02 PM »
Hmm, *nods* I get all the dlc so I can answer guide questions. I am glad that I purchased it though as the new beds are welcome. We had such a ridiculous lack of beds for so long! Generally I find that I like the stuff packs, this time around the butler is actually a pretty good NPC and is easily directed and manipulated.

I had to lock the butler out of my sims office as he was nicking all my sims career rewards which was annoying me (in a funny way). Now I have placed small items everywhere so the butler can swipe away to his hearts content. lol. He even swipes the food he cooks for my sims. He is also ambitious so when my sim yells at him for stealing I get the message that the butler wants to try harder to live up to my sims expectations.  ;D This is becoming such a dysfunctional sims family. I love it, jealous spouse, klepto butler, flirty friends. The drama is real!

anything