Author Topic: Vampires - First Impressions  (Read 3299 times)

Offline Hechicera

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Vampires - First Impressions
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2017, 03:33:19 PM »
@cyclonenic  you'll be pleased to know that the game code is such that the chances of this happening get reduced greatly after the first visit. I'd still put some garlic in everyone's inventory though, just to be sure, if you don't want them being drunk from.  :)

Not foolproof! One of them drank from a Sim in a test run and he had garlic in his inventory. I did not look at that vampire though to see if he had the trait that might make that possible. It was one of the three pre-gen ones.

Still so very rude!

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2017, 04:04:12 PM »
@cyclonenic  you'll be pleased to know that the game code is such that the chances of this happening get reduced greatly after the first visit. I'd still put some garlic in everyone's inventory though, just to be sure, if you don't want them being drunk from.  :)

Not foolproof! One of them drank from a Sim in a test run and he had garlic in his inventory. I did not look at that vampire though to see if he had the trait that might make that possible. It was one of the three pre-gen ones.

Still so very rude!

Are these vampires in their Dark form prior to doing this? Carl has noted this may be what's causing it.

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 04:09:54 PM »
The whole 'garlic in the inventory thing' is not foolproof for sure. Although a dev pretty much indicated that it was. Reason being that NPC vamps spawn in with randomized traits and powers/weaknesses.  ::) I've been spectacularly unlucky in this in one of my saves as when I switch to the NPC to check them out many have the immune to garlic power. lol
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Hechicera

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2017, 07:32:53 PM »

Are these vampires in their Dark form prior to doing this? Carl has noted this may be what's causing it.

Good point. Since this was a Maxis made one, I checked, and ... I can't tell! He is the male of the couple, and both forms are the same.  I will have to pay more attention to this.

He does not have the garlic trait though, and ironically he wants to be a good vampire. Off to a poor start there buddy!

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2017, 05:40:46 PM »
I never really played any of the supernatural aspects of the Sims before, but am really liking this. They put a lot of thought into it, and I think gives a really good vampire experience.  The Bonuses and Weaknesses really let you play the type of vampire you want to.

Also, in terms of depth, this is the best pack so far in Sims4. I like this a lot more than Get Together or City Living.

anything