Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1247154 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 06:28:29 AM »
This forum mainly exists to help me improve it, but I decided I might as well let it be general because of how frustrated I've been with the official forum at times.

You and me both, Carl. That's the primary reason I sought out something different and stumbled upon this. I like creating fun and interesting challenges and it seems like the vast majority of challenges/competitions on the official forum are modeling related. I have no interest in that stuff at all.

Offline Kreathyr

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 09:18:15 AM »
Exactly, why buy a game and then ignore 80% of it's gameplay and only build houses and create clothes?
Don't get me wrong, I think there is some brilliant custom stuff out there on the world wide webs, but it's just not my style. 8)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jinhong91

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 08:59:09 PM »
Exactly, why buy a game and then ignore 80% of it's gameplay and only build houses and create clothes?
Don't get me wrong, I thing there is some brilliant custom stuff out there on the world wide webs, but it's just not my stile  8)
Sims 3 should be more like Sims 1. More about the gameplay than some fashion stuff.
But they should work more on the hair. Sims with the same hairstyle tend to be harder to differentiate from each other at a glance.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 06:26:27 AM »
Yes I am more into mechanics than fashion, although I think the Sim women are kinda cute ;) That's what I'd really like to see discussed here -- mechanics. How does this or that work? What's the best way to.... people want to know this stuff. Sure, sometimes it's fun just to kick back and play without thinking but sometimes you want to set a goal. I like to get in depth with my gaming and the official forum doesn't help me to do that at all.

Offline Kreathyr

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 01:19:02 AM »
While playing the legacy challenge I constantly need to add to or rebuild the house to fit the need of the family.
Now I'm building a bigger, better home and I can see why people like to build.
The options are virtually endless, however, I still like playing better  ;)

bshag

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 02:47:54 PM »
I really like building also, but am rather amaturish and am no way as talented as some I have seen.  But my way of building suits my sims just fine.  I still like playing better.  ;D

I have used tutorials on sims 3 Creative Corner, but admit that some are extremely hard to follow. (Especially the ones on Youtube...they go so darn fast  :-\)  I do have some nice houses with basements, sunken living rooms and my favorite, indoor/outdoor swimming pools.  ;D

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 05:26:48 PM »
I guess that's what makes this game so much fun....the versatility.  There is no right or wrong way to play and you can choose to focus on whatever interests you.  Whether it be the mechanics, meshing for fashion, computer coding, building...etc., there seems to be something for everyone!  What I find most impressive about the game is its ability to pull us all together to discuss Sims...mighty powerful Lil pixel's.... :o ;D  Who woulda thunk it, huh...go figure.  ;D
Oh, I forgot...Thanks EA for the game.....Thanks for the forum Carl. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jinhong91

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 09:20:16 PM »
I guess that's what makes this game so much fun....the versatility.  There is no right or wrong way to play and you can choose to focus on whatever interests you.  Whether it be the mechanics, meshing for fashion, computer coding, building...etc., there seems to be something for everyone!  What I find most impressive about the game is its ability to pull us all together to discuss Sims...mighty powerful Lil pixel's.... :o ;D  Who woulda thunk it, huh...go figure.  ;D
Oh, I forgot...Thanks EA for the game.....Thanks for the forum Carl. ;)
There are the sims but where are the pets?
Sims 2 had pets, why not Sims 3?
Owning a pet is much different experience than having an extra sim.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 10:02:30 PM »
We'll get pets, of course, we just have to wait. It was this way for Sims 2 players when it first came out... I hope we get one like livin' large, but I expect it'll be in the form of the "stuff packs" now.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2009, 05:59:06 AM »
Hello everybody!

I live in Copenhagen, Denmark, should anyone care.

I've only been playing Sims 3 for a week or two and have just recently discovered this site. Before that I've been playing both Sims 1 and 2 off and on for years.
Thanks Carl for your awesome guide, it's been really helpful in a lot of ways, like choosing traits and generally discovering what Sims 3 is about compared to the earlier games.

I find that most forums/guides seem so focused on fashion/designing or cheats which doesn't interest me much. Cheats just make the game kinda boring to me.
I like exploring the gameplay so this site is great for me.  :)

I really appreciate all the time it must have taken to write all this stuff and I hope you'll stay motivated to keep expanding the site, say when new expansions come out.

Oh, and the challenges are a fun idea!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2009, 06:10:54 AM »
Welcome PJSim!  You've found the right place for discussions and help for the game.  And we do plan to have coverage for the World Adventures Expansion Pack when its released in November.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jinhong91

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 06:27:13 AM »
We'll get pets, of course, we just have to wait. It was this way for Sims 2 players when it first came out... I hope we get one like livin' large, but I expect it'll be in the form of the "stuff packs" now.
It is another way for EA for milk money out of this franchise.
It shouldn't take long since they can build on existing ideas and improve it.
Not much of an effort than making it out from scratch.

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2009, 03:40:19 PM »
I suppose money is the driving force, but isn't that just a RL reality?

Hopefully they will add some of our favorite things to the game, as the EP's are released.  ;)
But in the meantime, did everyone see the New Free Items in the EA store.  It's called "Harvest Bounty" and has six decorative items (the mouse in the pumpkin is really cute).  Here's the link if you missed it:
http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=11488&scategoryId=12204&pcategoryId=12203&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:18280

Happy Simming!  ;D

bshag

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2009, 05:50:42 PM »
I saw the "new" free stuff too igzigpuff.  :)  It's great that the store is giving out some free stuff...much better than the sims 2.

Can't wait for WA!  A lot of ppl are disappointed but what the hey, I'm sure they'll have some really great ideas in the future.  This ep almost seems like an entirely new game with all the stuff that's coming with it. 

I'm definitely an EA ep and sp junkie.  :P  If they're sellin it, I'm buyin it.  ;D

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 07:02:24 PM »
Bshag I agree, can't wait for WA...the screen shots and video clips look great, I'm especially excited to see the fireworks!  ;D

I bought ever EP and SP for TS2, so I'm sure I'll do the same for TS3.  :o :D