Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1250907 times)

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3870 on: September 09, 2012, 10:01:42 AM »
I have been away from this topic for way to long. I've read back a bit and there are to many names to put all in one post, so I guess, welcome to the forum everyone!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline orawnge

• Nooboo
  • get in line and settle down
« Reply #3872 on: September 09, 2012, 10:44:28 AM »
Hello!

My name is Orawnge, and I've been playing since Sims 1 (had every expansion :D)... I gave up on Sims 2 after Seasons or FreeTime (whichever came 2nd) because it strained my old computer, but I'm back in full force with the Sims 3 (just missing two stuff packs)

I've been using Carl's site for a while to gather various "lesser-known" pieces of information, and occasionally reading the forum... but I feel like Supernatural added so much content that I want to rejoin the Sims community.

So... yeah!
i just wanna be something more than the mud in your eyes; i want to be the clay in your hands.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #3873 on: September 09, 2012, 10:56:14 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Orawnge! (love the forum name!  ;D)

Offline necroberry

• Nooboo
« Reply #3874 on: September 09, 2012, 11:03:25 AM »
Hello there!

I go by Amara most of the time or "hey, you" occasionally. I've been lurking around for a while, some years I suppose and with the Supernatural EP, and therefore my total bliss, I have decided it is time to come out of lurkedom. I can honestly say I would not have survived more than a few weeks of gameplay without the awe-inspiring guides of Carl, because I lack patience and I need to know everything in one go, so the guides have been... life-changing, I suppose.

I am an Advertising student most of the time and a starving freelance Illustrator the other part, my inbetweens consist of basic physiological needs and, yes, obviously, Sims. I do manage to actually have a social life besides this, which continues to fascinate me... I am a proud cat lady to-be, and my two cats and four foster kittens (at the moment) are part of my raison d'etre. Sadly, where I'm from, there's not much of a Sims community, so I have to settle for getting strangers to understand me when speaking like a mad woman about the wondrous world of the Sims, but it's all good.

Another reason I am so completely in love with the site are the beautiful, beautiful stories some of these incredibly talented users of yours come up with, and I suppose it is time to finally express my gratitude to them for making my life brighter for a few hours a week. You all seem like such a lovely community and I hope to become part of it <3

Much love,
Amara

Offline EvidentEmma

• Nooboo
  • "Haaave you met Ted?"
« Reply #3875 on: September 09, 2012, 07:53:09 PM »

I'm Emma, (see username) or Em, and occasionaly "that girl with the braces" :-\.I am not one of those lucky Sim players who had Sims 3 since it came out. I had to wait until May of this year to get it ( :o I know, I know) and I am loving it!
 Umm... Before I got the base game I looked at almost all Sims 3 sites, because I didn't want to waste time getting to know my surroundings on my game.  That's how I found this lovely site.
I have Late Night, Generations, and I get Supernaturals tomorrow!
  Whenever I get a game I research it first, read a bunch of reviews, etc. until I know it so well that by the time it gets here, once again, I know it really well. I have to admit when the game gets here it's not AS exciting, but I don't want to spend $40 on a game that isn't worth a day of cleaning the house  ;D.
   In my spare time I read Legacy Stories and Pam's Dynasty Challenge.

SimBlip

« Reply #3876 on: September 09, 2012, 08:01:38 PM »
Welcome Lightheart, Orawnge, Amara and Em!
This is a great site for info and stories alike. It really doesn't matter how big or small your comuter is. Get stuck in and enjoy! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3877 on: September 09, 2012, 08:04:56 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Orawnge, Amara and Emma!  Glad you've decided to join our friendly and helpful Sims 3 family.  I hope you'll enjoy your time here!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline SeaUnicorn

• Townie
  • Pool noodles are awesome!
« Reply #3878 on: September 09, 2012, 09:43:53 PM »
Sheesh, I am gone for 1 day and I miss this many people? Well, welcome to forum everyone I have missed! I hope you enjoy this amazing forum, it really is a wonderful forum.
I love rain!

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #3879 on: September 09, 2012, 10:33:23 PM »
Sheesh, I am gone for 1 day and I miss this many people? Well, welcome to forum everyone I have missed! I hope you enjoy this amazing forum, it really is a wonderful forum.

I was just thinking the same thing. I was just on here yesterday, as well.

Hope you enjoy all the stories Amara; Emma don't worry about just getting the game. If you love or like it then this is the place to be. Hope you find all the answers you are looking for. I sure did.

Welcome to everyone. Enjoy the forum. :D

Offline Ladasaguy

• Nooboo
« Reply #3880 on: September 10, 2012, 12:17:50 AM »
Hello everyone!

So, I am practically a professional lurker here and many other places.  Commenting and being involved is not easy for me, but I am so impressed with this forum that I am going to give a real effort to overcoming my lurkerness. At least a little bit.

My PC game playing biography reaches back to the original SimCity and the original Civilization when I was about ten.  I loved going to Circuit City and playing SimCity on their computers.  That was a real treat for me! And Civilization! Wow, I loved that game, but only got to play it occasionally at my cousin's.  By SimCity 2000 and Civ2 times we had an acceptable computer and I owned and loved both. Everything since has been in that vein.  There's too many to mention but some highlights are SimCity 3k and SimCity 4, SimFarm, SimAnt, everything Civilization and Call to Power, Ceasar, Age of Empires 1 & 2, the original Warcraft, the Anno Domini series and of course The Sims. 

When I was a senior in high school I was a teacher's assistant for one of the tech teachers, this would have been 2000/2001, and I had a lot of free time.  I discovered that the T.A. computer in the front facing the class had The Sims installed! That whole year I lived for that class time and would plan out what I would do and discover that day.  I think I didn't own it because my parents would've disapproved.  I've subsequently owned a large portion of the franchise and I currently have everything Sims 3 except two stuff pack and all the overpriced store stuff.

Carl's Guide has long been a resource for me, but I just recently discovered the forum.  I've read Metro's Man Dynasty and have been flitting all over the place and am really interested to doing the challenges.  I have an idea for a immortal dynasty and I think attempting one would be great for stretching my Sims skills and getting me out of my comfort zone. I might get that going this week and try posting it. The goal would be to start doing the 2013 tournament once that starts.

Anyways, there's my introduction.  Sorry for the wall of text, but I guess this lurker had a lot to say.  Thanks for having an awesome site and forum and hopefully I can learn some non-lurker skills.
-Ladasaguy

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #3881 on: September 10, 2012, 07:06:09 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Ladasaguy!

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3882 on: September 10, 2012, 08:44:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Ladasaguy.  It's nice to meet another long-time Simmer!  I hope you'll enjoy the forum.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline karenasmm

• Nooboo
« Reply #3883 on: September 10, 2012, 03:28:42 PM »
Well I guess I should introduce myself.......Y'all can call me wild.  I am married and have 3 beautiful daughters.  I am a stay-at-home/homeschooling mom in Southern Texas.  My brother got me hooked on the first sims game and I have played off and on since I started.  The Sims 3 has me hooked all over again and I do believe with all these challenges, I will stay hooked this time.  Carl, this site and these forums are awesome.  Kudos to you on all your hard work getting all this written up and posted for us to use as we need it.  My game play is so much richer for having used many of the tips and guides on this site.

TTFN.......time to go play my glade legacy some more!

wildredchild

Hi Wild! Im a homeschooling mom too (just starting out this year)  my daughter wanted sims for her birthday last year and now I play it more than anyone! I just got showtime and am playing a singer. We have Pets on xbox and sims 3 on wii. My PC game is my  newest version, I'm looking forward to all the expansions!

Offline SeaUnicorn

• Townie
  • Pool noodles are awesome!
« Reply #3884 on: September 10, 2012, 06:54:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Ladasaguy! I hope you will like this forum!
I love rain!