Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1236765 times)

SimBlip

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4170 on: January 17, 2013, 12:13:57 AM »
Welcome, Stefan and Rune Walsh! This forum makes you feel like a kid in a candy shop. It's just simply wonderful. :)

Offline batsrcool

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4171 on: January 18, 2013, 03:26:05 PM »
Hey, I'm batsrcool. I don't have much else to say besides that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #4172 on: January 18, 2013, 05:44:07 PM »
Welcome to the forum batsrcool! :)

Offline Brittz

• Nooboo
« Reply #4173 on: January 20, 2013, 12:11:31 AM »
Hey Guys! I'm Brittz I live in New Zealand,
I've been playing Sims since I was quite young around 9 so 9 years ! Still not very good at anything in the game and I get super bored of families far too easily ! I think the cheats almost ruined the game for me, I got lazy but hey people change haha!
I'm really interested in trying out some challenges ! I'd have to say my favorite expansions would be, Supernatural, pets (due to the equine world being introduced) and Seasons. I remember wishing for years when I was younger that Horses be introduced one day!

Would love some inspiration from all of you on some fun ideas, so feel free to message me!

Offline Silviak

• Whovian
  • Townie
    • MA Dunham Writes
« Reply #4174 on: January 20, 2013, 03:19:10 AM »
*waves* Hello all, I'm Silviak, the wonder from down under.  ;D  I've been a gamer my whole life, but started playing sims about a year ago when my mate challenged me to sit and try it.

She was right. It's awesome, and I'm hooked.

I'm a big fan of coming up with storylines and scenarios to play out. To that end, I've been learning the finer points of the game, as I hate cheating such as static needs and whatnot. I like the challenge of setting out to what I want to do in a specific timeframe.

Right now, my current little challenge is to make a mini family dynasty of performers. I wanted a chance to also explore and buy/mess around with a few houses in Union Cove, which is seriously my favorite town, hands down. All of you who did it are amazing people, and I'm so impressed with the unique details in every house.

Where was I? Oh yeah, dynasty. So I fudged a bit with the lifespan (since I didn't want to race, I just wanted to enjoy performing), gave birth to quadruplets, and am now making them into their own little Patridge Family band.  ::) We're going through childhood right now, it's crazy fun.

I do enjoy messing around with mods on occasion, but only if they enhance storyline/the experience. Hence the quadruplets above. That was courtesy of a super rare chance on a mod.

I've struggled to become a more accomplished decorater/builder, and my goal is to learn how to make awesome but functional houses.

And to finish my legacy challenge. It's the first challenge I've ever tried, and I liked what Pinstar did there.

Wow, I ramble too much. So uh, hi!
When I'm not Simming, I'm {writing}.

Offline NearlyWitches

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Occult
  • Geronimo.
« Reply #4175 on: January 20, 2013, 06:01:40 AM »
I'm always happy when fellow Aussies join the forum  ;D welcome Silviak!
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.

Offline Silviak

• Whovian
  • Townie
    • MA Dunham Writes
« Reply #4176 on: January 20, 2013, 07:23:09 AM »
I'm always happy when fellow Aussies join the forum  ;D welcome Silviak!

*waves* Lo!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Louise56

« Reply #4177 on: January 21, 2013, 04:40:40 AM »
Welcome, Brittz and Silviak! Enjoy the forum. :)

Offline Dellyo82

• Nooboo
« Reply #4178 on: January 21, 2013, 03:00:37 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking this forum for a few months and finally registered a few days ago. I especially love all the awesome stories that can be found here!  :)

I've been playing Sims since Sims 1 (had all EPs), also played Sims 2 a lot (had all EPs in the end as well). Then when Sims 3 came out I bought the base game and just couldn't get the feeling for it, so I stopped playing. (Played World of Warcraft instead.  ;))
I never uninstalled Sims, though, and last fall I gave it another try. Soon I wanted to get an EP and when searching for information about all of them that could help me decide which one, I found Carl's guide! It has helped me a lot with my play style - I found I had to tweak some of my strategies I was used to from Sims 2 and suddenly everything worked out a lot better! ;)
I got Generations as first EP and then saw that Seasons was about to be released (Snow! Winter!). I knew I needed to get that one! (Snow! Snowboarding! Snowball fights! Snowmen! Snow Angels! Did I mention the snow? I love snow!)
I also got Supernatural after I read about it here. Love it! Fairys! And I can have toddler fairys playing in snow!

Then I found the Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty Story on the Guide and read it twice. (And once more when I read the original thread.) That actually convinced me that I needed to get Ambitions and World Adventures, too. ;D And that's the EPs I have now. I'm saving for a new computer because mine is a bit overwhelmed with the installed EPs already - playable, but lots of lag in big files and saving issues, Error 12 and such. So Pets, Showtime and Late Night will have to wait a little while.

I've been reading the forum a lot, but most of the time from my mobile which is fine for reading but I don't like posting from it. I have a (almost) 2-year-old daughter who would love to get her hands on my computer (and would no doubt wreak havoc ;)), so it's safely tucked away while she is awake. ;) This also means my playing time is limited to the evenings when she is asleep. :)

I want to try an Immortal Dynasty when I get a new computer. It will probably take me ages to finish IF I finish, but I like a challenge. :) (I loved the Sims 2 Apocalypse Challenge!) Up until then I'm just exploring all the new game features. After getting 5 EPs in just three months (gosh, it does sound crazy put like this! :o) there is a lot left to learn! :)

Oh, by the way, I try my best to avoid mistakes but English is not my first language, so I might miss some. I do play Sims in English because the very first copy of Sims 1 I got my hands on was English only and I just could not get used to the (German - I'm from Austria) translations (and the mistakes!) later on.

Louise56

« Reply #4179 on: January 21, 2013, 05:11:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum Delleyo82! :)

Offline Laida

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4180 on: January 25, 2013, 04:51:06 PM »
I wish you, Dellyo82, a warm welcome to the forum and I wish you luck with your Immortal Dynasty :D

Offline Silviak

• Whovian
  • Townie
    • MA Dunham Writes
« Reply #4181 on: January 25, 2013, 10:12:06 PM »
Welcome and GL Delly! :)

JCree

« Reply #4182 on: January 26, 2013, 01:51:21 PM »
Hello, my name is Jaycee. I've been reading stories on the forum over the past few weeks and finally decided to join. I been a frequent user of Carl's guide and have attempted several dynasty attempts. I've done the immortal dynasty challenge twice. First time my file got really corrupted when my sim aged up to elder at exactly 90 days thus triggering the Reaper. Luckily it was on my founder so it was easy to restart. My second attempt is still in the process and I'm currently only my 7th descendant who is already a YA, unfortunately the file is too big and I've expanded my game since starting, so it takes forever to load, so I've put it on hold. If you have any suggestions for shrinking it I'm all ears.
I recently just started my first DecaDynasty and I'm hoping to turn it in a decent story. I've already got some ideas and been playing around with it for a bit.

I love that there are people out there that write stories to go along with their dynasties. I always have some sort of plot playing in my head when I play with the sims, but I never thought to write it down. Well, I did. But I'm so bad at remembering to take screenshots that I never considered.
But I figured with a new year, I want to combine two of the things I love: Writing and Sims. Who knows if I'll have time. But I want to at least try.

Right now I'm currently living in Japan, but I have about one month left in my stay before I'll be returning back to the States. So It might be hard to keep up with my story, but I'm going to plan in advance. So hopefully even if I can't play, I can still post up chapters and what not.

Anyways, I think that's enough for now. I'm happy to be a part of the forums and I can't wait to read more stories along the way.

Louise56

« Reply #4183 on: January 26, 2013, 02:08:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum Jaycee! Good luck with your dynasty. :)

SimBlip

« Reply #4184 on: January 26, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »
Welcome, Cool Bat and Brittz and everyone I may have missed! :)