Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1236881 times)

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4590 on: September 28, 2013, 02:35:57 PM »
Hello all! I'm new to this forum but not to the Sims. I've been playing since the good old Sims 1 days. :D I'm excited to check out the forums and meet new people. Seems like a great community around here. :)

Welcome to the forum Tawnee. I hope you enjoy the community and reading all the great threads we have :)

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #4591 on: September 28, 2013, 08:51:07 PM »
Hi, I am new to the forum. I have had the Sims 3 for a few years but I recently started playing again and have discovered a lot more fun ways to play and am having a blast reading the helpful site here and the forum. Thanks for making such a neat site :)
- Jessica

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #4592 on: September 29, 2013, 11:36:52 AM »
Welcome to the forum Tawnee and Jesirose!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #4593 on: September 29, 2013, 03:43:33 PM »
Hi, I am new to the forum. I have had the Sims 3 for a few years but I recently started playing again and have discovered a lot more fun ways to play and am having a blast reading the helpful site here and the forum. Thanks for making such a neat site :)

Welcome to the forum jesirose. I have been having fun with the Sims 3 game as well. I hope you enjoy being part of the community here on the forum as much as do.

Offline atxdrew

• Nooboo
« Reply #4594 on: October 01, 2013, 01:32:34 AM »
Hi, I'm Andrew. Been playing Sims since the first one. Also, Simcity. I've owned all of the titles at one point. atxdrew is my un in game as well.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #4595 on: October 01, 2013, 01:15:35 PM »
Hi, I'm Andrew. Been playing Sims since the first one. Also, Simcity. I've owned all of the titles at one point. atxdrew is my un in game as well.

Welcome to the forum Andrew, glad to meet you. I have been playing the Sims for a very long time myself. Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do. :)

Offline TheWaybad

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4596 on: October 20, 2013, 04:03:49 AM »
So, hello!

Recently joined the forums whilst looking for challenges and new ways to play the Sims 3. Been a long time The Sims fan since the very first one. TS3 is probably my favourite so far, just because of the story progression if anything else, although there's some things I miss about TS2 that aren't in TS3 (Apartment Life being the major one).

Great to be here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #4597 on: October 20, 2013, 07:06:19 AM »
Welcome to the forum Andrew and TheWaybad!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline TheWaybad

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4598 on: October 20, 2013, 09:00:21 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome ^.^

Offline Ruire

• Nooboo
« Reply #4599 on: October 21, 2013, 02:49:17 AM »
I couldn't find an intro section, and this seemed the most appropriate place. =3

Hello! You can call me AJ. No I'm not a guy... definitely a girl. my real name starts with a and is very common and since my mom called me by my name and middle name together, (which is a j) I started to be called that in school, to tell me and the other 'A's apart. which then shortened to AJ that i thought was awesome cuz i was a major tomboy and liked having a boys name... lol

So call me AJ. ^_^

I have an obsession with architecture, which is why i love the sims, but my love started much earlier than sims. Before sims even came out, although I am not old.

I started with obsession of building in general, with anything i got my hands on. When i was in second grade my teacher had a bunch of paper cups and plates that no one else liked to play with, until i managed to make a structure with them so high i had to tiptoe on a desk to finish it off. then everyone thought that was awesome and took to them a lot more. My teacher was very impressed, said I was a regular architect. So I looked up what it was, and really liked it.

My parents were divorced at this point, and the next visit i had with my dad i told him about it, and he went out and got me a computer program to make houses. Not the sims, this was still pre-sims. I liked it. loved it! used it a lot. =3 then a year later the sims came out, and he got that for me right away, and I liked that too. but i could only play it during visits...  my mom didn't have a computer (didn't get one till i was 19, and that was MY computer that I bought myself) so i was always drawing houses. when i discovered graph paper in 4th grade I was ECSTATIC! lol... I was a strange little kid, sitting and using a ruler and a pencil on graph paper drafting houses for the sims...

Yeah, I am a sims builder. Don't do much playing, and when i do it is to play with the genetics, so i rush play it. I want to create a sim with all the genetics of a bunch of different sims! See how it turns out ^__^;

ahem.

my style of building is like craftsmen meets modern. I like little tricks, and details, artistry in the architecture, but I also like open concepts. I love split levels and playing around with wall heights, stairs, anything to do with levels in the house plan. I make the oddest of designs, but i don't think anyone else but me find them very attractive... so i am hesitant to share them. Though recent project I am doing I am getting very excited about, if it turns out well, i might start sharing pics of it. Right now it is in draft form, graph paper everywhere.

I asked for further brainstorming ideas in a thread in the builders area, if you ever saw something you thought was neat, I would love to hear about it. Help me spark up some ideas for myself. =] I already look through lots of places for blueprints, but i'm starting to run dry even with those... so anything would be appreciated.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4600 on: October 21, 2013, 06:38:30 AM »
Welcome to the forum Ruire. I'm going to merge this with our introduce yourself thread.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #4601 on: October 21, 2013, 06:08:33 PM »
Welcome to the forum Ruire.  I look forward to seeing some of the lots you will be creating and posting to the forum.

SimBlip

« Reply #4602 on: October 21, 2013, 07:35:57 PM »
Hello AJ - or should I call you Ruire?
Your introduction impressed me a lot. I think you will have a wonderful time with Samoth and his demanding building challenges. Please, feel very welcome. I'm looking forward to your projects. :)

Offline Ruire

• Nooboo
« Reply #4603 on: October 22, 2013, 12:03:13 AM »
oops, i missed this thread, sorry to give you more work to do moving it over...

Thank you for the welcomes =3

I dunno how well i will do in the challenges... I usually only ever make things for myself and never pay attention to prices or size restraints. Although, it could be fun, and help push me out of my safe zone and i bet it will be great for inspiration as well. hmm.... yep yep! sounds like a good idea!

Hope you guys like my designs, never actually showed anyone them before, they tend to look a bit odd... lol

Offline tinareneewood

• Nooboo
« Reply #4604 on: October 22, 2013, 03:37:07 PM »
 ;) Hi, I'd like to introduce myself... I'm Tina... and I'd like to say this site has been such help for me. I probably wouldn't have even played Sims 3 if it had not been for this site. I'm hooked..  ;D ... Plus hmmm... how are you able to add your avatars? ... this is mine ...

anything