Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1248784 times)

MeganNicole

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4695 on: January 15, 2014, 03:09:43 AM »
Hi everyone!

My name is Megan and I'm a self-proclaimed foodie, dog person, coffee lover, and avid simmer. Way back when, my cousin bought me The Sims Deluxe Edition for Christmas and I've been hooked ever since. I never got a chance to play The Sims 2 because my family's computer graphics card couldn't handle it, but I bought myself a laptop after I graduated high school a couple years ago and found myself going from zero with the original Sims to sixty with The Sims 3. I knew next to nothing, and since The Sims 3 has a level of complexity and depth my old Sims game didn't have, I needed help. I discovered Carl's Sims 3 Guide and it made the task of learning about traits, moodlets, Lifetime Wishes, etc. less daunting and more manageable. Admittedly, I was a lurker on the forum before coming out of hiding and making an account. I actually discovered the forum through the challenges and Pam's dynasty stories on the guide website.

I don't have all of the expansion or stuff packs, but I have a few: Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, and Master Suite. Due to college, I don't have as much time to play The Sims 3 as I would like, but I manage to fit in a couple hours of simming in between studying.  :)

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #4696 on: January 15, 2014, 06:28:55 AM »
Hi everyone!

My name is Megan and I'm a self-proclaimed foodie, dog person, coffee lover, and avid simmer. Way back when, my cousin bought me The Sims Deluxe Edition for Christmas and I've been hooked ever since. I never got a chance to play The Sims 2 because my family's computer graphics card couldn't handle it, but I bought myself a laptop after I graduated high school a couple years ago and found myself going from zero with the original Sims to sixty with The Sims 3. I knew next to nothing, and since The Sims 3 has a level of complexity and depth my old Sims game didn't have, I needed help. I discovered Carl's Sims 3 Guide and it made the task of learning about traits, moodlets, Lifetime Wishes, etc. less daunting and more manageable. Admittedly, I was a lurker on the forum before coming out of hiding and making an account. I actually discovered the forum through the challenges and Pam's dynasty stories on the guide website.

I don't have all of the expansion or stuff packs, but I have a few: Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, and Master Suite. Due to college, I don't have as much time to play The Sims 3 as I would like, but I manage to fit in a couple hours of simming in between studying.  :)

Welcome to the forum MeganNicole.

I hope you decide to come try some of the challenges this year. I am glad you have found the forum informative like I have.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dominiquelcg

• Nooboo
« Reply #4697 on: January 16, 2014, 04:23:25 PM »
Hi I'm Dominiquelcg! Add me on Sims 3

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Offline sobadnomad

• Nooboo
« Reply #4698 on: January 20, 2014, 09:53:57 AM »
Hey all! sobadnomad here. Just got into sims 3 again on the Xbox and finally got around to installing my year old copy of Sims 3 on my PC! Wish me luck!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4699 on: January 29, 2014, 03:06:54 AM »
Welcome to everyone! :)

Hey all! sobadnomad here. Just got into sims 3 again on the Xbox and finally got around to installing my year old copy of Sims 3 on my PC! Wish me luck!

Good luck! :)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #4700 on: January 29, 2014, 02:14:05 PM »
wishing good luck also   :)

Offline Simmommy

• Nooboo
« Reply #4701 on: January 29, 2014, 04:14:02 PM »
Hi all! My name is Dece, im a 30 something single mom to a toddler. I have just started a Legacy game (http://www.facebook.com/simmommy81). I am still trying to figure out all the ins and outs of the game.

If you would like to add me as a friend on the sims3 site, my name is Puritychild

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #4702 on: January 30, 2014, 07:16:56 PM »
I did not know where else to post this so I put it here. Hope that is okay. I just love this site. It has been so helpful to me to not only learn how to play the game but how to get better at it. thanks for all the hard work!

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #4703 on: January 31, 2014, 03:23:45 PM »
Hi Shay,

Welcome to the forum, I agree it is a great site and very helpful.  If you can't find it by doing a search, then there is always someone who is more than willing to help you with your problem. 

Offline Seablah

• Nooboo
« Reply #4704 on: February 01, 2014, 09:54:38 AM »
Hi there,
just realized that the Forum has a longtime and popular member named "Seabody". Ops. I hope my own username doesn't seem like a impolite copy of it. (Duh, I'm so neurotic. Sorry.)

"Seablah" is just a combination of two words. During the forum registration, and for some reason, I was thinking about my city Seattle and had so much going on in my head that everything messed up in a whole blah blah. So the name Seablah was born. Smart, I know.  ::)

Anyways, I found this forum by searching New Sunset Valley the other day and had the feeling that it's a great forum. Though I made some negative experiences with the Sims 3 community, I hope and wish that everything's alright here. ♥ It really seems so up to now. ♥
Something wrong with my English grammar?
Yes? Then it's because it's not my native language.

^_^

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4705 on: February 01, 2014, 01:04:27 PM »
Welcome to all the new members!  I hope you'll all enjoy the forum.

Anyways, I found this forum by searching New Sunset Valley the other day and had the feeling that it's a great forum. Though I made some negative experiences with the Sims 3 community, I hope and wish that everything's alright here. ♥ It really seems so up to now. ♥

I joined this forum several years ago, and to me it has always seemed a very friendly, helpful and appealing place.  I hope you'll enjoy the forum as much as I have, Seablah.   :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #4706 on: February 01, 2014, 01:13:35 PM »
Well, I guess if you don't behave someone will give you twenty lashed with a wet noodle.   ;)

Joking aside, everyone here has been great.  As is with any forum, there are times when members have difference of opinions.   As with other forums, as long as a member reads the rules and follows them I don't see you having any problems.  I have had to a couple of times re-read the rules and I will be honest that some I don't agree with, but when I signed on I agreed to follow them, no matter how I feel about them.   As normal rules can vary from site to site; what is allowed in another community may not be allowed in another.  To me, the most important rules are to respectfully disagree without being insulting, voicing your opinion in a non-threatening manner.  If you do open your big mouth when you shouldn't (Guilty of that) and then apologize, everyone is understanding.  I don't think there is anyone who hasn't suffered from the dreaded foot in mouth disease at one time or another.

If I have been out of line in posting this, I will go ahead and apologize, having had problems once in another community also I try my best to behave. 

On a side note, I didn't like the attitude and remarks of three members and let the leader know.  Then reported them and they banned them and revoked the banning of another member, she was back with the community.   

Offline Seablah

• Nooboo
« Reply #4707 on: February 01, 2014, 05:23:27 PM »

Hi Schipperke
and Janna

Thank you both very much for the welcome and for sharing your experiences!
It's neat how honest you are about that stuff.

And believe me, you will never read a nasty word in my posts, because I do have the motto Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. So, I will behave.  ;D ;) Don't like wet noodles o my skin.

^_^

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4708 on: February 02, 2014, 09:59:09 PM »
Hi there,
just realized that the Forum has a longtime and popular member named "Seabody". Ops. I hope my own username doesn't seem like a impolite copy of it. (Duh, I'm so neurotic. Sorry.)

"Seablah" is just a combination of two words. During the forum registration, and for some reason, I was thinking about my city Seattle and had so much going on in my head that everything messed up in a whole blah blah. So the name Seablah was born. Smart, I know.  ::)

Heh, when I saw one of your posts I thought I was going a little mad. ;) But it doesn't seem like an impolite copy. :) Welcome to the forum!

It's better than the official forum -- everyone here is nice and friendly.

Welcome simmommy and Shay!

Offline Seablah

• Nooboo
« Reply #4709 on: February 03, 2014, 09:35:48 AM »
Quote from: Seabody
Heh, when I saw one of your posts I thought I was going a little mad. ;) But it doesn't seem like an impolite copy. :)

*blush* Great! :-[ I really put my foot in it, eh?! Couldn't have a better start. ::) I'm sorry, I really had no clue before about your name at all. If I had, I would have registered with another.
Maybe you can comfort yourself with the thought that I know how it feels seeing a newbie with a similar name - and even with the same name. 'Cause in another forum [not Sims-related] registered a newbie with the exact same name like mine with only the difference of a symbol next to the name. So, that was really something that can drive you mad.

Quote from: Seabody
Welcome to the forum!

Oh, thank you! :) *a bit relieved*

^_^