Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1251844 times)

Offline brainofivane

• Llama Wrangler
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4815 on: June 11, 2014, 11:00:25 PM »
*waves at everyone*

So I finally got around to posting here and introducing myself.

I'm Ivane.

*waits for y'all to say "Hello, Ivane!" *

*crickets chirping*

Wow. Tough crowd.

Anyway, hello everyone. Loved Sims since I ever got introduced to them. Loved the progression of what we can do as players from Sims to Sims 2 to Sims 3. That being said, I was going nuts last night when a friend asked help from me to install Sims 2 on her spiffy brand new laptop. Apparently Sims 2 has trouble making friends with Windows 8 and Intel Graphics cards. The resolution of the game is atrocious, a lot less better than my old clunky laptop used to have back in college. Grr. I know... that totally came out of the blue, but it's what's on my mind so I figured I'd just throw it out there.

Oh. And yes. I'm a freelance writer, and I guess I can be quite random... Obviously. Well, enough talking to virtual air.

Bow. Thank you, thank you!

Offline MatthewTaylor

• Nooboo
« Reply #4816 on: June 13, 2014, 08:29:43 PM »
Hello everyone!!  My name is Matthew.. Kinda new to the Sims, but loving it.  I played simcity for a long time and ultima online even longer.  Looking forward to chatting with some and annoying others with noobified questions lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GenuineGem

• Nooboo
  • Sims Overlord
    • OuiSims
« Reply #4817 on: June 16, 2014, 04:21:44 PM »
*waves at everyone*

So I finally got around to posting here and introducing myself.

I'm Ivane.

*waits for y'all to say "Hello, Ivane!" *

*crickets chirping*

Wow. Tough crowd.

Anyway, hello everyone. Loved Sims since I ever got introduced to them. Loved the progression of what we can do as players from Sims to Sims 2 to Sims 3. That being said, I was going nuts last night when a friend asked help from me to install Sims 2 on her spiffy brand new laptop. Apparently Sims 2 has trouble making friends with Windows 8 and Intel Graphics cards. The resolution of the game is atrocious, a lot less better than my old clunky laptop used to have back in college. Grr. I know... that totally came out of the blue, but it's what's on my mind so I figured I'd just throw it out there.

Oh. And yes. I'm a freelance writer, and I guess I can be quite random... Obviously. Well, enough talking to virtual air.

Bow. Thank you, thank you!

*waves*
Hey, Ivane! Have a cookie *throws cookies*
Officially welcome then!
Out of the blue is better than... out of the red? (wat  ;D ) Thanks for sharing though, I was considering installing TS2 on my laptop, but what if it just throws a tantrum?  :-\
Tell us of your writing! Do you write articles or more fictional stuff? *gathers for story time*
*applause*

++
GG

Hello everyone!!  My name is Matthew.. Kinda new to the Sims, but loving it.  I played simcity for a long time and ultima online even longer.  Looking forward to chatting with some and annoying others with noobified questions lol

Welcome, Matthew  :)
Glad to hear you're enjoying the game we all hold so dearly  ;D I've only ever played the latest SimCity, have you played the older ones? If you play both, how do they compare? I'm interested because a lot of my SimCity friends say that the older games were better because of the larger map sizes etc.
We look forward to chatting and answering noobified questions  :D

++
GG

Offline MatthewTaylor

• Nooboo
« Reply #4818 on: June 16, 2014, 05:20:19 PM »
I like the bigger maps, but there's a rather interesting challenge involved with specializing the regions.  I enjoy that as much as mega cities!!

Using Tapatalk

Offline Allegra

• Nooboo
« Reply #4819 on: June 17, 2014, 09:50:48 AM »
Hello.

I've been lurking here for years and today decided that I should finally register and join the crowd.
I was introduced to the Sims series by Sims 2 and since then I have been actively playing the games and just enjoying the ride.
Since Sims 4 will be upon us soon I just finally felt that I should become a member here. I've been on several Sims forums for quite some time so why not here too.

Let's see what the future brings.

Thank you for this wonderful forum that has entertained me and been informative about various things.
And Carl, fantastic job on the guide. Bet you're sick of hearing people say that though.  :D

Offline brainofivane

• Llama Wrangler
  • Call me Ivane, not Brain. ;)
    • Chronicles Of Clarke
« Reply #4820 on: June 19, 2014, 11:52:52 PM »
*waves*
Hey, Ivane! Have a cookie *throws cookies*
Officially welcome then!
Out of the blue is better than... out of the red? (wat  ;D ) Thanks for sharing though, I was considering installing TS2 on my laptop, but what if it just throws a tantrum?  :-\
Tell us of your writing! Do you write articles or more fictional stuff? *gathers for story time*
*applause*

++
GG
Hi, GG! Thanks for the cookies... and the welcome (but more the cookies)! I actually installed TS2 in my laptop and it's working great so far. My sister likes to play it more than Sims 3. She says she panics with having to play the whole neighborhood. One house is enough, she says. O_o

AH well... I've been ghostwriting novels over the past two years, so yeah it's more along the fictional side. Though my current ghostwriting project is a memoir - which is so difficult to do compared to just making up a fictional story. Anyway, I'm an aspiring author who is using sims 3 and writing sims stories to cure my writer's block and just try to bring back the fun in writing. :) I've been seeing it as too much of work lately... *le sigh*

Offline Kathykins

• Llama Wrangler
    • S & M Builders (TS1)
« Reply #4821 on: June 23, 2014, 08:02:05 AM »
Hi everyone

I'm Kathy and I have been hanging around here a good while now, and read most of the guides on the site. Thought I'd finally step out of lurking and properly join the forums.

I started playing Sims in the summer of 2000, and have been hooked since then, with a few breaks in between. I also played TSO back in the day, before it was cancelled. Very good times. Now I'm enjoying TS3 maybe a little TOO much!

OK, back to browsing for me. Great stuff to be found here, learned a lot \o
I wake up every day planning to be productive, but a voice in my head says 'hahaha good one' and we laugh and laugh and take a nap.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #4822 on: June 23, 2014, 08:07:17 AM »
Welcome to the madhouse!

Wow... TSO... I remember playing that too in around 2000. I sucked at it.

Offline godwit

• Nooboo
« Reply #4823 on: June 27, 2014, 10:29:01 AM »
Hi Everyone!
I'm new to the site and TS3, I recently took advantage of a sale on Origin and purchased the starter pack (with Late Night) and Pets. I want to expand my collection! I'm just having so much fun!
I did play a ton of The Sims 2 and the original Sims mostly on friends computers because I didn't have one! Now I am a full-grown adult and can play at my own convenience :)

Offline doriankoeuf

• Nooboo
    • The Patel Untouchablecy
« Reply #4824 on: July 03, 2014, 02:57:37 PM »
Hello everyone! I feel rather shy, as I've been stalking all the Story Boards for some time without ever introducing myself...because everyone on here's so awesome! But here goes. Dorian, Sims 1 thru 3 veteran but first time Legacy blogger. Nice to meet everybody; can't wait to see the stories you all tell ^_^

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #4825 on: July 03, 2014, 05:13:55 PM »
You wrote untouchable Patels! I just gotta say, I love that story.

Offline xVECHIOx

• Nooboo
« Reply #4826 on: July 03, 2014, 07:39:32 PM »
Hi folks!  :D

How arw you? well, Inam a guy that does not know how to make nice sims, but nice houses.
I mean, i know how to make nice sims, but not perfect ones, just myself.
Well, I hope to be a nice friend here, and thats it.

By the way, is there a section where I can ask for someone make a sim for me?

Offline doriankoeuf

• Nooboo
    • The Patel Untouchablecy
« Reply #4827 on: July 03, 2014, 10:23:29 PM »
You wrote untouchable Patels! I just gotta say, I love that story.

Wow, that's an incredible compliment from someone who's obviously been in this community for a while *pokes Lisa's abundant amount of forum posts* I did notice that you voted in my heir poll-- thanks so much. I was actually wondering about one of your projects- what exactly is a 4x4? Or if you can't post the rules here because it would be off topic, maybe you could link to them for me. I'm curious ^_^

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #4828 on: July 03, 2014, 10:48:25 PM »
We have forum challenges, and the 4x4 is one of them. Rule set here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,17624.0.html

Offline Rumleaf

• Nooboo
« Reply #4829 on: July 04, 2014, 08:52:12 AM »
Hi folks! I'm Rumleaf! I've been a lurker here at the forums many times and finally decided to join. :) I'm a 43 year old mom and have been obsessed with the Sims series since the original. Until an unforeseen set of circumstances a year ago, I owned every physical copy of the original Sims, Sims 2, and 10 (if I remember correctly) of the Sims 3 series and stuff packs. Even though I became owner of all things Sims 2, I never really got into those, sticking to the original Sims for the most part all the way up until Sims 3 was introduced. (I honestly don't know why lol.) I bought the Sims 3 at release and fell in love all over again with the Sims! Then, a little over a year ago, I moved nearly 2000 miles away from home and ALL my sweet Sims games were left behind. For over a year I've been deprived of my dear Sims and only 2 weeks ago began purchasing digital downloads from Origin. At the moment, I only have the base game, (obviously), Generations, Seasons, & Island Paradise. Though I had Generations before, Seasons and Island Paradise are totally new to me! I love them!! (Apart from the game lag issues I'm experiencing with IP.) I'm moving back home next week, and this means (yes!!) I'll have access to all my other Sims games/expansions/stuff packs once again! :) I'm one excited and happy simmer! Haha. Anyway, I've always really enjoyed visiting the forums here and and really happy to have registered. I'm not much on posting, rather a quiet gal to be honest, but when I do, I tend to post "wall of text" such as this one! Teehee