Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1249187 times)

Offline AcmeMovers

• Nooboo
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4995 on: October 18, 2015, 08:27:11 PM »
Hi,
This site has shown up so often when I google for help/tips with the game that I thought it'd be a good idea to join.  "Thank you!" to the site owner/s for posting so much helpful information.
I'm playing for the first time ever.  My daughters gave me the game for my birthday and I've come here to learn my way around.  My girls gave me a Sims3 pack with Late Night and Loft Stuff bundled together.  Please redirect me if I'm posting in the wrong place, since I play Sims3 and there is a newer version available.  I'm getting familiar with terms like legacy, dynasty, and immortal.  It's a bit overwhelming to a noob like me.
Look forward to getting to know you all and sharing a love for the game.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #4996 on: November 01, 2015, 08:37:09 AM »
Welcome @AcmeMovers this forum is a safe zone for sims 3 and 4. As far as I know, it's been split into two subforums for each game. The people here are amazing and helpful and super talented! If you can't find a particular topic, just ask and someone will direct you or move your post to the correct area.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline experience

• Occult
  • If you pity a snake, you're bound to get bitten.
    • Nolan M Cruz
« Reply #4997 on: November 01, 2015, 09:04:59 AM »
Welcome to the forums, AcmeMovers! You're going to love it here. The admins and mods are great if you need help, as are the other members. Enjoy yourself and I hope you enjoy your stay. :D

Offline Beetan

• Nooboo
« Reply #4998 on: November 01, 2015, 09:36:55 PM »
Hello!  :)

Um, i'm Beetan, from my real name Bee, haha. I'm a young female from Canada, studying in Creative Writing :D

It's been now 12 years since I started playing The Sims, so yeah, i was only a child when it all started. I remember that I fought a lot with my parents because they didn't understand why was I so addicted to this game, and swearing I would never stop playing; well IN YOUR FACE, PARENTS! haha

Umm, I also play a lot of video games and have a passion for animals; i have myself a little pug and a cute cat prince!  ::)

Thanks for reading! I hope we'll have a chance to talk soon!   ;D

Offline sarahmarie1983

• Nooboo
« Reply #4999 on: November 14, 2015, 11:38:46 AM »
Hi
I'm Sarah from the UK, I have been playing Sims since Sims 1 and still as addicted to it as when I first started. I have been lurking on the forums here since Sims 3 thank you so much for the great guides whenever I need to know about something in the game before, you always have the answers. Look forward to getting to know you all

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #5000 on: November 15, 2015, 02:23:04 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Beetan and Sarah!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5001 on: November 15, 2015, 02:41:50 AM »
Welcome @AcmeMovers  @Beetan  @sarahmarie1983  Hope to see you on the boards! :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #5002 on: December 19, 2015, 06:19:16 AM »
I'm not exactly new to this forum, as you can probably see from my post count, but I have been extremely inactive over the past year, so I thought I'd reintroduce myself to all the new members. I'm bubbles and I've been playing the Sims for a number of years now. I usually play The Sims 3, but I own The Sims 4 and 2 as well. I live in the UK and I hope to be slightly more active again from now on.

Welcome to the countless new members that I have missed!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5003 on: December 19, 2015, 08:18:18 AM »
Glad to have you back, bubbles!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5004 on: December 28, 2015, 02:39:06 PM »
Greetings!

I've been playing The Sims since the game first came out. My stepson's bought it for me as a gift (oh so long ago). I had all the expansions for 1 & 2. Then Sims 3 came out and I had a hard time enjoying it. I missed being able to pop in and out of other households and make connections.

Just last night I downloaded The Sims 4 as a trial. What a blast, I like that I can once again somewhat control multiple houses without crazy things happening to my original household.

I'll be purchasing it tonight. Maybe if there are specials I'll get and expac too.

Also, love the legacy stories I found here. So much so I'm going to start one tonight. What a blast.

Chickwit

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5005 on: December 28, 2015, 03:44:03 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, Chickwit!

I think they're running a couple of specials on Origin if you act fast. Glad you're enjoying the game; I love being able to have several households going, too.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline shashniae

• Nooboo
« Reply #5006 on: December 28, 2015, 07:23:05 PM »
Hi am new to the forum. I only sign up a couple of days ago. I have been use The sim 3 guides here since 2009 through. I decide I want to try the tournament challenges this so I sign up for that and to be able to have others to talk about sims too.

So hello to everyone!

shashniae

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5007 on: December 29, 2015, 12:06:57 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I officially purchased the full Sims 4 digital deluxe version, bonus content and Outdoor Retreat. I'm reading various stories (Urmmm legacy stories?). Want to give one a try but not sure where to start. I'll keep looking though so I can better understand how these work.

Chickwit

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5008 on: December 31, 2015, 04:38:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum @shashniae and @Chickwit hope you enjoy your time here a lot! :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline NanoSeven

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5009 on: January 17, 2016, 12:21:46 AM »
Hi all!
My name is Nattasha and I'm a Sims Addict....oh wait.  <well, I used to be>
Anyways!  Just wanted to sign up to say that this is far and away one of the best sites I've seen out there, and is just a *must have* on my list for finding information.  HUGE, Huge, huge props to all who have made their contributions.

Ironically, I work in game development and rarely have time to enjoy a lot of other games, but when I need a brain dump, Sims is usually my thing.  It's nice to find a site so well put together, nicely cross-referenced, and sans some of the snarky junk I find on other sites.  <And I'm embarrassed to say, even our own>

Keep up the good work, all your hard work is greatly appreciated!

Natt
(NanoSeven)