Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1248839 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #5115 on: September 17, 2016, 12:42:33 PM »
Hey :)

So my name is Tennille, I am a 28 year old female and about to be first time mum. This is why I have some time on my hands and decided to join up here rather than just visit the site when I need some sim help/inspiration. I am not working at the moment (back injury plus pregnant with twins has forced me to start my maternity leave rather early)

I have been playing the sims since the original game, utterly addicted to it this entire time. At first I wasn't so keen on sims 4 but now (and especially in the future with more packs and expansions) it is pushing right behind sims 3 as my favourite. And it was the only one so far where I was able to create my simself and have her look a LOT like me :)

Not really sure what else to say except that I spend half a year in Australia and the other half in Germany and have done so for as long as I can remember as my family all live over in Deutschland except my dad and my brothers as dad moved over here when I was just 6 months old :)

Looking forward to chatting with my fellow simmers after all these years.
I don't think I welcome-wagoned you yet, so hello there! Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on impending parenthood, I know that's got to be a nerve-wrecking time! I hope you find a warm community here and look forward to seeing you around and about!

Hi everyone,

I started playing TS4 in September 2015 and never played any of the previous Sims games --- aside from SimTower, on and off since earlier in 2015.  I've been a member on this forum since June 2016 --- I found Carl's Guide around the end of 2015, and both are amazing resources --- wicked nice people on the forum, too! :)

I've been married to a great guy for almost 5 years (October 2016 will be 5 years :),) and I live in Massachusetts.  I went to college and graduate school in Boston, and I majored in English in college and my master's degree is in print journalism.
Hey there! I'm always happy to see another face joining our forum! This place is chop-full of awesome information and people! I look forward to seeing you around! ;D

Hiya, my name is Mari and I've been playing the sims since the first one came out. My favorite Sims game is The Sims 3. I am almost 21 years old (will be in November 2016) and I attend community college. My major is Fine Arts. I decided to join this forum in hopes of sharing some on my knowledge about the game to people who may have questions. Its nice to meet you all.
Hi Mari! The Sims 3 is my favorite as well! I hope you find this forum to be friendly and a fun place to be! Maybe I'll see you around the Sims 3 boards. ;D

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5116 on: September 17, 2016, 07:36:03 PM »
Hi @LivvieLove!

Thanks a lot for the welcome.  This forum is great ---- the information available and the people who make up the forum.  I've gotten a lot of help so far! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline murtonminer

• Nooboo
« Reply #5117 on: September 23, 2016, 12:42:24 PM »
Hi!
I'm murtonminer and I am new to this forum. I am a frequent Sims 3 player and have Into the future, pets, showtime, ambitions, world adventures, late night, generations, seasons, university life and island paradise expansion packs.

Feel free to ask me any questions as I am a fairly experienced player.

See ya!
-Murtonminer  ;D

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #5118 on: September 26, 2016, 02:59:34 PM »
Hi!
I'm murtonminer and I am new to this forum. I am a frequent Sims 3 player and have Into the future, pets, showtime, ambitions, world adventures, late night, generations, seasons, university life and island paradise expansion packs.

Feel free to ask me any questions as I am a fairly experienced player.

See ya!
-Murtonminer  ;D

Hi murtonminer!
We have a pretty friendly Sims 3 board and there's always questions coming into the help thread there that you can stop by and see if you've got knowledge for!
The Sims 3 is my favorite of all the Sims, so you might see me around on those boards, too! Happy Simming!

Offline PsychologistSimmer

• Nooboo
« Reply #5119 on: September 27, 2016, 06:05:15 PM »
I have been a long-time simmer since the early 2000s, but am just now getting into the community.  I am a recent graduate from a clinical psychology program (just got my MA!) and I have always loved the Sims.  I have somehow never yet done a legacy challenge, and now that school ended I am going to give it a whirl.  I also love european/German board games and I'm an oooold Trekkie!  I'm a 39 year old girl from the Chicago suburbs :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5120 on: September 27, 2016, 07:31:02 PM »
Welcome, @PsychologistSimmer and congratulations on the MA!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline AudreyJean

• Nooboo
« Reply #5121 on: September 27, 2016, 07:50:52 PM »
Hello.  I'm Deb and I just started playing The Sims4 last week.  I was a sims 2 and sims 3 player in the past, and I wasn't sure I liked the sims 4.  It seems to be a cross between the two previous iterations, and I hate that the towns are so small.  I don't find the interface to be particularly intuitive either, but I'm hooked.  I tried to play the sims 3 after playing 4 for a while and just didn't enjoy it anymore.  I wish the sims were smarter.  They shouldn't need nudging to get them to go to the bathroom or eat when they need to.  It's maddening.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5122 on: September 27, 2016, 09:28:59 PM »
Hi, Deb! Actually, TS4 Sims are pretty good at taking care of their needs -- unless they're using the computer. Then they'll keep playing a game forever. They won't starve, though. I think you have 24 hours from when they go into the red on hunger.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5123 on: September 28, 2016, 02:45:44 PM »
Hi, Deb! Actually, TS4 Sims are pretty good at taking care of their needs -- unless they're using the computer. Then they'll keep playing a game forever. They won't starve, though. I think you have 24 hours from when they go into the red on hunger.
Welcome to the forum, Deb!
They also ignore most of their needs on the gaming rig :o.  My main Sim family is an 8 Sim household.  They each have a gaming rig, and if they are on it for too long, I redirect them to take care of their needs.

In general, I agree that TS4 Sims are good at maintaining their needs. 

However, I've never played any other Sims games --- except for Sim Tower (my husband found that in 2015) and I started to play it.  Then, in September 2015, he bought me TS4.  I didn't realize that before TS4, you had to intervene more to ensure that your Sims kept their needs up.

Offline shawngossman

• Nooboo
« Reply #5124 on: October 01, 2016, 07:25:30 PM »
New to the forum :) Been playing TS4 for a while now, own everything they put out. The city one looks like it is going to be pretty cool! I'm 32, male and I live in southern Illinois. I have a few lots on the gallery-community under shawngossman. Love to see a big SMF forum being put to use :) I used to run my forums on SMF back in the day before moving to XenForo. Nice community, Carl, good job with it! :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5125 on: October 02, 2016, 06:18:42 AM »
Hey, Shawn - welcome. We're actually neighbors. Sort of. :) My family is in Bloomington, IL.

Offline shawngossman

• Nooboo
« Reply #5126 on: October 02, 2016, 07:12:02 PM »
Hey, Shawn - welcome. We're actually neighbors. Sort of. :) My family is in Bloomington, IL.
I'm a bit south of there, about 40 minutes north of Paducah, KY :) Thanks for the welcome!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #5127 on: October 02, 2016, 11:55:37 PM »
Hello to all the newcomers in this thread! I'm always happy to see more people coming to join the community!

Offline chillin

• Nooboo
« Reply #5128 on: October 05, 2016, 12:05:48 PM »
Hello! I just bought the Sims 4 game a few days ago although I am quite familiar with it through TS2, TS3 and The Sim Supply's videos of it.  :) Now that I have it, I have no idea what to do, so I was sneaking around the site for a while, trying to find challenges and guides and whatnot. Despite wanting to try the Immortal challenge, I still think that that's a bit too hard for me, so I'm going to stick to trying to better my building for now, thanks.

As for me, I'm just a kid looking to talk about the game. I'm also a nerd too, so there's that.

Offline babsie94

• Nooboo
« Reply #5129 on: October 06, 2016, 07:14:11 PM »
Hello! New to the forum, but not to the sims! My name here is the same as in the gallery and on Origin! Feel free to follow on the gallery, and I'd love new friends (who actually play haha) on Origin.

Love the sims! I cheat A LOT because it's the world interactions I like not the having to make money! Not very good at building, but I am pretty good at CAS.  :)