Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 485407 times)

Offline Verdine

• Nooboo
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #5300 on: October 26, 2017, 01:33:11 AM »
Hallo everyone! Although I am not a newcomer to Sims, I might as well be as the last Maxis game I had was Sim Parks (which was a blast!) waaaaay back when and only just now got around to buying Sims 4. This is my first time coming out of the woodwork and I am delighted to be here. Reading everyone's legacies and stories, and looking at builds and sims has been a right adventure and a half! I love watching assorted letsplays on youtube (Mindcrack, SeriPixelBiologist, Aruma and Anthonmia to name a few) and this year have only recently expanded it to include the Sims.

Looking forward exploring more :D and maybe even contributing some of my own legacies. Just have the Get Together pack, hopefully to be followed by Get to Work.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5301 on: October 26, 2017, 03:12:55 AM »
@Verdine    Welcome to the forum!
Looking forward to reading about what you're up to!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Verdine

• Nooboo
« Reply #5302 on: October 26, 2017, 05:09:11 PM »
@oshizu
Thanks hun! Glad to have stumbled across this place.

Vice versa, tons of stuff here. Can't wait to get my hands on some of the legacy challenges!

Offline ClarkKent

• NPC
« Reply #5303 on: November 07, 2017, 11:25:15 AM »
Hey all,

My name is James, I'm a freelance journalist working on a piece about people who play The Sims competitively. This forum seemed like the perfect place to start finding people that want to chat about the aforementioned. If you feel like contributing to the story, you can message me here or email me!

Thanks in advance!

James

Online scoed

• Immortal
« Reply #5304 on: November 07, 2017, 11:41:34 AM »
@ClarkKent Welcome to the forum.

Offline sweetasangieb

• NPC
« Reply #5305 on: November 09, 2017, 06:09:03 AM »
Hello everyone i'm angela i'm a little shy right now. but I want to say hello

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #5306 on: November 10, 2017, 03:01:12 PM »
Hello @sweetasangieb  :)  Welcome to the forum.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #5307 on: November 10, 2017, 05:40:18 PM »
Hello everyone.  I've been lurking on this forum as a guest for a few months now, mostly reading stories.  I finally decided to step out of the corner and join the party so to speak.

I used to play the Sims 1, way back when it was just the Sims.   I never bought the Sims 2 or Sims 3, but just kept stubbornly playing Sims 1 off and on until eventually my computer couldn't run the game anymore.  I was actually looking for a solution to that problem when I came across the Sims 4.  It looked really interesting so I signed up for the "free trial" of the game, and I was hooked.  The Sims 4 had been out for a while by the time I found it (I bought the game just after the toddler patch!) so there was already a ton of information/advice/challenges/stories out there for me to dive into. 

The challenges and stories, in particular, have opened up a whole new aspect of the Sims for me.  I've learned so much about the game just by reading about other people's Sims. 

Who knows, maybe I'll even get brave enough to try some of the tournament challenges next year.   :) 

Online scoed

• Immortal
« Reply #5308 on: November 10, 2017, 06:03:08 PM »
@BallerinaHippo Welcome to this mad house.

Offline TenebrosiLuna

• NPC
« Reply #5309 on: November 10, 2017, 08:35:55 PM »
Herros minna!! err... not so good at introductions, but I will try my best.

I have been playing the sims (freeplay mostly...and social when it was around) since I was a tween. I had played the sims on the gamecube and PC, but was too young to remember which one it was... but I've been obssessed with the sims since I first played it. I now own TS4 and been using the the guides from this here...um forum guides XD

It has been really helpful, so I decided that I will now make an account and join in on the fun so to speak haha...

ignore my awkward beaness

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5310 on: November 10, 2017, 10:06:53 PM »
Welcome @BallerinaHippo (are you a fan of Disney's Fantasia film?)
It would be great if you joined in the tournament next year!

Howdy @TenebrosiLuna
Welcome to the forum and welcome to the fun! XD

Online scoed

• Immortal
« Reply #5311 on: November 11, 2017, 02:08:03 AM »
@TenebrosiLuna Welcome to the forums.

Offline purplewolves

• NPC
« Reply #5312 on: November 11, 2017, 07:22:10 PM »
Hi! I'm purple,

Online scoed

• Immortal
« Reply #5313 on: November 11, 2017, 11:42:25 PM »
@purplewolves Welcome to this mad house.

Offline SweetPumpkin

• NPC
« Reply #5314 on: November 23, 2017, 05:17:33 PM »
Hello my name is Mary Ann. Cant wait to dive into the site its a shame all the hangouts i used to hang out years ago with Sims 2 are pretty much dead. Good to see a lively place again. Also Happy Thanksgiving. <3

Online scoed

• Immortal
« Reply #5315 on: November 24, 2017, 06:01:41 PM »
@SweetPumpkin Welcome to the forums. Have any questions feel free to ask.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #5316 on: December 30, 2017, 01:03:12 PM »
Hello again. I'm not new to the board or the Sims 4 but after taking a break from it for 2 years I feel like a newbie again. :)
After playing Sims 3 and Sims 4 for years I just got a serious case of burn out on the game haven't even looked at for 2 years until about a week ago I started playing again.
It's almost like starting for the first time again, I didn't remember how the play, build or anything so I ended up back here reading Carl's guides to re-learn everything. After all this time it's still the best source of information on the game. :)
Trying to get comfortable with the game again before getting anything new for it. Last time I played Get Together was the newest pack so I'm way behind. :D
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5317 on: December 30, 2017, 05:06:00 PM »
@grimsoul

Welcome back! You, your awesome builds, and insightful building tips have been missed loads!

Online Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5318 on: December 30, 2017, 05:45:34 PM »
Hey @grimsoul  awesome to have you back  :)  Looking forward to seeing what you can do with the new roof manipulation points. (Shift+C when you have a roof selected.)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #5319 on: December 30, 2017, 05:49:04 PM »
Thanks for the welcome back. :)
@Playalot I'll have to look into that. I've been out of the game so long I'm doing good to build a square room. :D
Oh my, They added new roof types also while I was away. Last I played we didn't have round, hexagonal, octagonal and pentagonal roofs. :)
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Karababy56

• Nooboo
« Reply #5320 on: January 03, 2018, 12:19:30 AM »
Hello everyone!

I've been playing since Sims 1 came out in 2000, but I never knew this site existed until Sims 4. I've been using the guide since it launched, but never thought about joining this forum until I saw a thread on the official forums about the year long challenge tournament. I love challenges and was intrigued, asked some questions about it and decided to compete. So here I am!

I hope to make some new friends along the way and be helpful whenever possible.

I'd also like to say thank you so much Carl & Pam for your wonderful guides. It's helped me learn so much more about the game and helped immensely with my strategy when doing challenges. I'll be forever grateful for that. :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5321 on: January 03, 2018, 01:58:02 AM »
Welcome to the forum @Karababy56

The tournament challenges are great fun and, in fact, this year's first challenge just went live yesterday!
Hope you have a great time on this friendly forum!

Offline Karababy56

• Nooboo
« Reply #5322 on: January 03, 2018, 02:15:29 AM »
Thank you for the warm welcome @oshizu! I would dearly love to participate in the first challenge of the tournament, but unfortunately I do not own the Vampires GP. I'm anxiously awaiting the next Handiness challenge which I believe starts January 22nd. I'm looking forward to having fun all year with the tournament and getting to know everyone here as well. :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5323 on: January 03, 2018, 03:59:15 AM »
@Karababy56

Well, you mentioned in another thread that you enjoy building, if I remember correctly.
There's also a Building Tournament Challenge that goes live on January 9. Here's the link, if you haven't seen it already.   ;D
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29420.0

Offline Karababy56

• Nooboo
« Reply #5324 on: January 03, 2018, 06:19:54 AM »
@oshizu

I have actually already checked out this building challenge, but thank you for the link anyway. It looks like fun! I have built many Sims homes from plans already, though I've only uploaded a few. I have a file full of house plans on my hard drive. It can be a true challenge building from plans in the Sims, especially with unique requirements. Not sure if I'll have time to do this one along with all the other challenges I'm currently doing, but I'd love to give it a shot if I can manage it. :)

anything