Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1236888 times)

Offline Lord_Dracul

• Nooboo
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #5340 on: February 12, 2018, 01:19:03 PM »
Thank you all for the nice welcome.  :)

@oshizu Well, the vampire mean cop is only one, but I have a lot of vampires.

@amayasims2  (and anyone else interested)
I just have a few creations on the gallery. Look me up as Kain_Drakan, you should be able to find them. There are 2 Drakan households; one is a vampire family and the other I created way before the vampires pack was released. Wow, the non vampire ones were lost when I switched to a new computer and lost everything. Didn't remember I had that one on community library; that one was on the 3rd generation, ouch! There is the Claudio family, a spin off of my own family (except the alien and the dog) LOL! Kids are grown up now, but wow, it was very chaotic at night with Alfred waking up the entire family screaming about a monster under the bed... Every. Single. Night! And there is a Vanstrom Dracul (not related to the Claudio as they are in separate games) with his 2 cats. There is Elizabeth Nance, the vampire mean cop, LOL. I played the alien from the Claudio family as a good cop his entire career, he's retired now. Playing Nance as the bad cop has been fun as heck! And finally, the Zorah household, an alien single mom with her silly toddler. Had planned on her having her 2nd kid from a vampire dad, but heck no! Got adult Vanstrom (from the Claudio family) get abducted and impregnated by aliens and that kid was buggy as u-no-wat as toddler. So I went out to main menu without saving and went back to when the kid was a newborn and sent her to the homeworld.

Offline amayasims2

• Nooboo
« Reply #5341 on: February 12, 2018, 01:21:30 PM »
@Lord_Dracul Sounds awesome!! Welcome!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #5342 on: February 16, 2018, 09:30:59 PM »
Hello everyone!

I've been playing the Sims 3 and reading this forum for several months, but for some reason never worked up the courage to make an account until today. I recently started my first Immortal Dynasty (I'm writing about it on a separate blog which I may or may not ever show to another human soul) and have been wandering around this forum a lot lately looking for tips and such. I sort of feel like I'm a few years behind in terms of Sims 3 hype (I love reading all the stories from the glory days), but that's all right. I just wanted to sign on and say hey.

Offline SimFan1228

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5343 on: February 17, 2018, 01:01:20 AM »
Hi there fellow Simmers!

Just joined today, I've been playing Sims for years, starting with Sims 1 on Gamecube and currently Sims 3 on PC.

I use the same name over on the Sims 3 forums, but haven't been active over there for a long time.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #5344 on: February 22, 2018, 03:53:32 PM »
Wheeee, I finally joined the forum. Hat tip to @oshizu for unintentionally leading me to this forum. Oshizu doesn't know who I am, lol,(-wave!- hello!) but I devoured their Wordpress blog and then got so itchy to read more of what they wrote, went a little stir crazy, then randomly noticed in their Mori legacy challenge that they mentioned someone's retail strategy(can't remember whose), thought I'd try to find it for my own legacy challenge, googled for it, google results turned up that there's actually a FORUM here(holy cow, how did I never notice the forum button? I always thought this website was just guides!), then on a random lark I searched the forum for oshizu's name and found their townie legacy and devoured that  ;D Ah, I'm coming across a little stalker-y, aren't I? I swear, I just love your writing style, Oshizu...hehe. Well, now I have so many more legacies and challenges to read through, and maybe I'll share my own! So excited to be here!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5345 on: February 22, 2018, 04:12:30 PM »
Hey back @amaranthin
Welcome to the forum! Maybe you'll eventually feel like sharing your story here?

Welcome to the forum @SimFan1228 !
Whoa, you date waaaay back as a simmer!

Welcome to the forum @rika1431   LOL
I know you'll enjoy yourself at this forum.
Its founder Carl is genius, the Challenges Team members are brilliant, and the forum members are friendly, helpful, and fun.
Joining some of the tournament challenges really helps with the longer dynasty challenges.
And, of course, there are all the dynasty challenges to try out and write/read about. 

I hope all three of you make yourselves at home here.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #5346 on: February 22, 2018, 04:30:39 PM »
Welcome to the forum @rika1431   LOL
I know you'll enjoy yourself at this forum.
Its founder Carl is genius, the Challenges Team members are brilliant, and the forum members are friendly, helpful, and fun.
Joining some of the tournament challenges really helps with the longer dynasty challenges.
And, of course, there are all the dynasty challenges to try out and write/read about. 

I hope all three of you make yourselves at home here.

Squeal! I feel like a celebrity talked to me ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MurphyLee

• Nooboo
« Reply #5347 on: February 23, 2018, 12:35:55 PM »
Hey Guys!! My name is Lauren, I'm new to this forum, but I've been playing The Sims games since before the first sims game!! (to clarify, I used to play Sim City all the time, and I loved how I could manipulate my citizens via disasters and such, so when they came out with "The Sims" I was ecstatic!!!) Do you guys remember the robot you could earn? I loved him! He would clean the house, make food instantly, and fill social need as a friend; he was awesome!! Also, do you guys remember what food looked like back then? Haha, no matter what meal you made, it all looked the same! lol  ;D The Sims games have come so far! I have always loved playing them, and I imagine I will always love playing them!! Anyways, I digress. I'm so happy that there are so many awesome people who love the sims as much as I do here!! It's nice to meet you all!  ;) :D

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5348 on: February 23, 2018, 01:47:45 PM »
Hi @MurphyLee! I'm no one special on the forum but like you I've played all the sim games from Simcity 2000 (even a little bit of the classic one from 1989 which gives way too much info on my oldness) and the first Sims in 2000. I miss a good bit about the quirkiness of the original iterations of the franchise, though the newer ones are good too, there is just something to be said about; robot maids and skeleton maids and magic cauldrons and how ecstatic everyone was when children could actually be reproduced for the first time in game. Building snowy mountainous vacation destinations and massive stores that you could run with everything imaginable for sell, including shelves and lights on the wall. Dying over and over because your sim was just too sad to eat and being irritated by the social bunny and streaking naked at college. Oh, just so much nostalgia from my younger years! ;D

Anyways, welcome to the forum and hope you check out the challenges they're pretty fun!

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #5349 on: February 28, 2018, 10:00:31 PM »
Thanks for the kind welcome, @oshizu  :) I would like to share my dynasty story here at some point. Maybe after I complete it? (I'm about halfway through right now.) I don't know how that will work, though, as it's on a separate blog that I made. Could I just make a post linking to it or something?

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #5350 on: February 28, 2018, 10:25:58 PM »
Sorry for the double post (that's a thing, right?), but I have a general question regarding the forum. In reading a lot of challenge stories and dynasties from the last several years, I've noticed that a lot of them include Photobucket images that don't show up for me (they say something like "3rd party hosting has been temporarily disabled"). Is this the case for everyone? Does it have something to do with the ridiculously expensive Photobucket premium plan I read about somewhere?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5351 on: February 28, 2018, 10:34:47 PM »
@amaranthin
Yes, that's correct about the non-displaying Photobucket images. I've read about a Google Chrome addon that allows one to view even Photobucket images such as those, but I've never tried it.
It's not a problem with this forum, but an issue of Photobucket links severing its image links. Some forum members have switched to another image hosting server and painstakingly reuploaded all of their image links. Some have not.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #5352 on: February 28, 2018, 10:38:44 PM »
@oshizu Thank you for the fast reply! That's good to know about Photobucket. Suspicions confirmed (sigh).

Offline chongjasmine

• Nooboo
« Reply #5353 on: March 10, 2018, 10:40:59 AM »
Hi. I am chongjasmine from Singapore.
I recently got interested in the sims again.
Can't wait to play it.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5354 on: March 10, 2018, 12:21:24 PM »
Welcome @chongjasmine to the forum!