Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1236241 times)

AegisArete

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #570 on: May 14, 2010, 04:39:36 PM »
Thanks for all the Wellcomes ( in my head I am hearing "Thankyou!" "No... Thank yooouu" "No... really I'm touched" )
Wellcome AegisArete. Neat idea to play like that. In the Sims2 I always made my Elf character with the elf ears. Cool back story to your characters. I am never that creative.

Eeee! Really? I just got the elf ear CC for Sims 3; my Baby Boomers are gonna be elves! (I don't think that's a violation or spoiler or anything, unless pointy ears have some hidden strategic benefit of which I am currently unaware...) Nifty. I love the Sims universe; it is so random and piecemeal that it has a crazy charm to it, like anything could happen there. Mad scientists and business tycoons and master catburglars and hippies and hobos and and and...it's just a place where anybody's imagination can come out and play.

And yeah, I'm hearing the escalating hilarity of the politeness, too. "Welcome!" "Thank you for welcoming me!" "No, thank you for being here." "No, thank YOU for making me feel welcome here."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #571 on: May 14, 2010, 05:03:01 PM »
Eeee! Really? I just got the elf ear CC for Sims 3; my Baby Boomers are gonna be elves! (I don't think that's a violation or spoiler or anything, unless pointy ears have some hidden strategic benefit of which I am currently unaware...)

Definitely not. However, adding any kind of custom content to a challenge character(s) is something you're obviously doing with full knowledge of the dangers. If this has nasty ramifications down the road and hoses your file, well, that's the risk you took by installing CC.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

chihuahua0

« Reply #572 on: May 15, 2010, 03:12:24 PM »
Hello, my name is chihuahua0! I got the Sims 3 three days ago (after along time) and I like it. I hope I will not quit this forum for along time.

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #573 on: May 15, 2010, 03:19:02 PM »
welcome chihuahua0 :)Enjoy the game and forums!

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #574 on: May 15, 2010, 04:20:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum chihuahua0! Always happy to hear folks that are liking the game. :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

hempgirl

« Reply #575 on: May 18, 2010, 10:28:31 PM »
Just wanted to introduce myself!

My name is Genevieve (Genna). I'm a 21 year old mommy with a 4 year old daughter. I fell in love with the Sims several years ago and I love playing in my spare time! Outside of Sim-Land I'm waiting for school to start. I do some side work and research for a local activist network. I love nature and the mountains (I live in Colorado)! I love music, reading and writing. Glad to join the community  ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #576 on: May 18, 2010, 10:49:42 PM »
Welcome hempgirl!  We're glad you joined us.  I've always loved western Colorado, but never got to spend nearly enough time there.  Every summer here in Texas, I promise to move to Colorado someday.  Haven't made it yet.  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #577 on: May 19, 2010, 02:21:49 AM »
Welcome to the forum chihuahua0 and hempgirl. I'm sure you will have a great time out here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #578 on: May 19, 2010, 09:41:31 AM »
Welcome hempgirl!
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #579 on: May 19, 2010, 10:47:51 AM »
Welcome all newcomers.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #580 on: May 26, 2010, 03:48:56 PM »
Hey everyone,

I am new to the Sims, but really loving it so far.  Very addicting!

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #581 on: May 26, 2010, 04:26:42 PM »
Welcome to the community then Puppetmaster1. If you have any questions about the game, just ask away! :)

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #582 on: May 26, 2010, 07:37:21 PM »
Welcome Puppetmaster1.  We are very glad you joined us.  Make sure you check out the guide and ask as many questions as you need.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #583 on: May 26, 2010, 10:24:44 PM »
Hello to everyone.

This is only my second ever forum posting (the first was to sign up for a challenge here) and at 25 years of age that seems to be an anomaly in this day and age. But then again, I didn't start playing computer games until the summer after my 5th year of university (2 years ago). My then boyfriend, now husband, got me hooked on The Sims 2. That September, when he and his computer moved some 10 hours away for university I had him get me The Sims 1 because the withdrawal was awful, that and my laptop couldn't run The Sims 2.

When we got married this past August (almost 1 year!), and he and his computer moved in, I discovered he had switched over to Windows Vista and the system refused to run The Sims 2. Needless to say I didn't need much convincing when, a few months later, he brought up the idea to buy a new laptop and retire mine. Since the new laptop could run The Sims 3 we bought it (he wasn't such a fan of sharing his shiny toy - the PC.) Now, not a week goes by that I don't play The Sims 3. WA was a gift from my husband for getting a new job, High-End Loft Stuff was a gift to myself for ... well, just because. A girl doesn't always need a reason, does she?

Okay, so this is getting long enough. On a more personal note: I live in Canada, I speak 2 languages fluently and have the beginnings of a third, I'm a newly-wed, the second oldest in a family of 8 children, I hold 2 university degrees, I spend most of my time at work (or so it seems), and I dream of owning a miniature German Shepard.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #584 on: May 26, 2010, 10:28:57 PM »
Welcome lilygirl!  We're glad you're here and decided to join us.  I hope you enjoy your time here on the Forum.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."