Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1236634 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #645 on: June 09, 2010, 04:06:04 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, Grandpa!  I don't have kids or grandkids, but I'm older than Metro and I'll challenge you for oldest member!  Lol.

I'm 70 years old.  Can you top that Pam?  lol

Ok, since I opened my big mouth guess I'd better introduce myself, but fair warning, I talk a lot.  I call myself Joria here and on Fiesta, another game I love to play, though not so much now that Sims3 is here.  I saw my granddaughter play Sims1 years ago, tried it, got frustrated and went on to other games.  When Sims2 came out I gave it a shot and got hooked. Seriously addicted to the point of all nighters and at my age!  Well, heck, there's not much more a 70 year old handicapped broad can do, now is there?  

I played Sims2 mostly for house building, landscaping etc.  The Sims themselves drove me bonkers with their antics and my lack of skills, so pretty much all I did was build everything I could.  I am seriously technologically challenged so it was fun learning a few new "words", netspeak, geekspeak, and so on.  It didn't help with the technology challenged part, but you kind people have made life a lot easier on that part.
I bought every EP and SP, or got them for gifts, for Sims2, but soon got tired of just fighting the system, (elderly pc), mods with glitches, and slooooowww lags.

Then Sims3 came out. I put away my spinning wheel and knitting and got started.  Of course, I couldn't just ease my way in, but immediately started with a legacy challenge I found on the Sims3 forum.  (thankyou Pinstar)  It died.  Start again.  It died.  Uninstall/reinstall,  do it twice and call me in the morning, several times and legacy starts later.  (I am definitely ocd about this.  I WILL complete a legacy!)  I have begged for a gift of Ambitions but am leery of installing it if I get it because of all the difficulties I continue to have with WAR and don't EVEN mention HELS, which I now refuse to install.

My new pc runs Windows7 which seems to have problems with the game itself.  New video card, driver and soon a second cooling system later and I think I'm good to go.

Same frustrations with other forums as others have mentioned and then I found this one.  I heard harp music and angels singing and a bright light glowed around my monitor.  Sigh.  I'm home, I'm home.  A clean, friendly, actually helpful place for the lost ones.  What a relief!  So thank you mucho muches for this site!

Personal info:  You got my age already, lol.  I'm happily married to a wonderful man who keeps me supplied with Sims, cooks my meals and in general is living the "in sickness" part of the vows and has for years.  We are currently raising our great-granddaughter who is 14 and just recently diagnosed with Crohn's disease.  I've homeschooled her since birth but next year she hopes to go to high school if she can get well enough to do so.  We've raised six kids, one grandkid and now busy with this last one.  I believe there is little one cannot do if you really decide to do it and then figure out how.  I never give up.  I like people in small doses, (tend to be a loner), and avoid crowds but love to talk in forums and email.  Boredom is boring so I seldom if ever am.  I live in Oregon, USA,  (pronounced Orih-gun, NOT Or ee gone), and am very happy to be here.  Hugs all around to all of you.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Leto85

« Reply #646 on: June 09, 2010, 04:18:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum Joria! Wauw, that is so cool, 70 years old and loving The Sims 3. Most people of your age don't even like computers. And I like your story by the way. Talking a lot here is nice to read mosty. :)
Nothing of the above was meant to be insulting or so, but I really have a lot of respect for elder people who can handle computers. :D

For any future computer problems, there is a technical section here where you can ask away about anything related to hard- or software issues which can result in having a hard time playing The Sims 3, or even not be able to play it at all. Al lot of techboys and girls are hanging out there, ready to help people wherever they can.
Unfortunialty I am not one of them, although I like to help people to. I'm more the creative person. Creative in gameplay, and creative in searching for solutions. So welcome again, and I am sure you will have a great time here. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #647 on: June 09, 2010, 04:21:04 PM »
Welcome to the forum Joria, I'm happy you're enjoying the forum. We're trying really hard to make it good. :)

Ummm, maybe second biggest Simpsons nerd?  My son could probably win over you AND your twin brother in a Simpsons quiz hands down. lolz  Not only has he memorized every episode since the first to the most current, but owns every Simpsons article of "stuff" every created.  Our annual holiday gift to him?  More Simpsons stuff he just might not own, (but probably does).  Now if I could only get him interested in Sims he'd be more than perfect.

Kudos on your choice of addictions!  Sims and Simpsons, what could be better?
Ha, ha. It was not meant as a challenge. Hey, there's >6 billion people in the world; someone besides myself (and that twin) must have memorised all the episodes. ;D
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #648 on: June 09, 2010, 04:53:07 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome you guys!  The first computer I ever gamed on cheated at chess and checkers and took up an entire floor of a building about the size of the average college dorm.  Only got one shot at it and then was computer deprived for way too many years.  Raising a small village will do that for you.

I keep telling my kids, "hey, I'm old, not dead". lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #649 on: June 09, 2010, 05:16:36 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, Joria!

I am officially ousted as the oldest person on the Forum! I think Grandpa Muleskinner was older than me, but we haven't seen him around lately. I really like that we attract Sims 3 players of all ages. It makes for a very interesting mix of community members.

We're glad you found your way here and hope that you'll consider this home for a long time!  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #650 on: June 09, 2010, 05:23:10 PM »
Welcome Joria! :)
I do believe you have come to the right place, this forum has been the best forum I've ever been on, and the one I've remained on the longest. :)

I keep telling my kids, "hey, I'm old, not dead". lol
I couldn't agree more to this quote. :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #651 on: June 09, 2010, 05:29:17 PM »
Welcome Joria.  I have ya beat by a few years Pam, not much though.  My mom plays when she can, she is 81.  She can't sit too long now though.  Joria, you will find most everything you need to know from this site, what someone does not know, they will find out.  Enjoy
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #652 on: June 10, 2010, 02:09:43 AM »
Welcome Joria!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #653 on: June 10, 2010, 02:22:41 PM »
Hi Joria! I am new here too and I love it.  There is a ton of information and everyone seems really nice.  I love Oregon.  My best friend used to live out there and she is from there so I still talk to her family.  We took several trips out there.  It is such a beautiful state.  I have always thought that I'd like to live there someday.  I am in Texas now but from Wisconsin originally.  I just love Sims3 and have played it since it came out as Sims1.  I too have played all night without intending to however.  All of a sudden I'd see daylight.  LOL 

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #654 on: June 10, 2010, 07:12:48 PM »
I know that feeling, been there, done that, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #655 on: June 11, 2010, 12:50:46 PM »
Hats off to you Joria!  You sound like an amazing lady!  So glad you found us here in this little corner of the net.

PS:  I'm an Oregon Native too. :)  Although living in WA now, but just barely.  ;D

Leto85

« Reply #656 on: June 11, 2010, 04:01:31 PM »
Hats off to you Joria!  You sound like an amazing lady!  So glad you found us here in this little corner of the net.

PS:  I'm an Oregon Native too. :)  Although living in WA now, but just barely.  ;D

You live in World Adventures? Wow! :D :P

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #657 on: June 11, 2010, 04:29:01 PM »
Ha!  I knew someone would say that.  Alas no, I live in the great state of Washington.  Almost World Adventures, but not quite.   ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #658 on: June 11, 2010, 11:43:29 PM »
I've been all over the country, but never made it to Washington and Oregon.  Sure wanted to see it, too. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #659 on: June 12, 2010, 11:09:38 AM »
I've been all over the country, but never made it to Washington and Oregon.  Sure wanted to see it, too. 
I can say the exact same thing Pam! Only I'm excited for the fact that I'm getting a trip to Oregon for my birthday! I'm quite excited. :) I heard it's such a beautiful state, my family and I can't wait.

anything