Author Topic: Playing with aging off?  (Read 30567 times)

Pokey

Playing with aging off?
« on: November 28, 2010, 05:19:12 AM »
I am currently playing my story with the aging off. I'm wondering if I have a baby, will it ever grow up? I have read about using the birthday cake to skip to the next age.  I would like my child to be able to grow up without me aging and eventually dieing. I have noticed that there is a house across from mine that there is a woman with three babies that haven't aged. (Sometimes I see the babies just laying in the grass for what seems like days, but that's not what I'm here to talk about) Should I just turn my aging back on? I don't want to lose my Sim but I started out with only one, thinking I could make more later  ::), and it's getting boring being only one Sim.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: Playing with aging off?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 06:13:48 AM »
Can I ask why you turned the aging off? If you don't have a reason for it, why continue with it off?

I play with aging off, and I can say that as far as I've seen, not even babies age up at all unless you use a birthday cake. I count the days for my sims so I know when to age them up. My reason for doing that is because I want to play the whole neighbourhood without stuff happening to the other families while I play one family. But most people keep aging on.

Turning aging off doesn't stop your sim from getting pregnant and having the baby in the normal 3 days. So you can still get your sim to get married and have kids, which would be a way of getting more sims, but you'd have to age up the child with birthday cakes. If you're just worried about losing your sim if you have aging on, there are other ways of keeping him young, like life fruit, the tattoo glitch, and ambrosia.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Pokey

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 01:32:50 AM »
I turned it off because I am not use to the idea of my Sim aging and dieing, since I have mostly played console Sims. I know, I'm being ridiculous, but I will work my way there when I get there :)

Is the tattoo glitch also on the Xbox Sims 3?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 02:37:59 AM »
I'm afraid I don't know anything about the console games like xbox sims 3. I don't even know if you have the option to get tattoos on it, let alone whether it messes with your sim's aging. But someone else here might know.

If you're bored with your sim but don't want to change to another family because stuff will happen to your original sim while you're away, you can turn story progression off. That way, the game is supposed to leave your sim alone. But I have found from experience that it still does a few things like: sims will randomly get jobs and get promotions, and if a sim is pregnant they will have the baby (and name it) while you are away. Keep in mind though, that that is my experience on the pc/mac sims, so it might be different on a console.

If you're not worried about your sim changing and want to try something new, just try a different family in the neighbourhood. Or add more sims to your household.

Pokey

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 04:28:43 AM »
I looked around and couldn't find anywhere I could get a tattoo.

Sims 3 on console only allows you to create one family when you start, and you can not play as anyone else in town.  :( I did not know that when I started so I only made one character.

If I do end up turning on aging, I will make ambrosia :)

Thanks for the help pallyndrome.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 05:01:08 AM »
Sims 3 on console only allows you to create one family when you start, and you can not play as anyone else in town.  :(

Whoa, really? I had no idea. That doesn't sound like much fun.

And your welcome. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. And I hope they do have ambrosia on console.

Offline Chopsticks

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 03:14:02 PM »
It also doesn't give you an edit town screen and the buildings have terrible architecture. As for aging your sim will definitly be an elder by the time your sim reaches young adult but I don't think they'll be dead.
"Doors are for people with no imagination" - Derek Landy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Quinnclub

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 01:27:37 PM »
The baby definitely won't grow up, but the baby will age up enough to use birthday cakes before your adult Sim ages up another category, and you can turn aging off, again.  You can also plant life fruit, if you haven't already, and slow down your aging process that way.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 04:02:21 PM »
I turned it off because I am not use to the idea of my Sim aging and dieing, since I have mostly played console Sims. I know, I'm being ridiculous, but I will work my way there when I get there :)

Is the tattoo glitch also on the Xbox Sims 3?
Like Pally, I have no idea about the console game, but I do know it's not ridiculous not wanting to lose your sim! I used to always play with aging off because of that! Now, I make sure I have plenty of life fruits and stock up on deathfish to make Ambrosia. That way, while everyone around me is dying of old age, my sim is the same age as when I created them!

anything