Author Topic: Candyd's Sims 4 mods  (Read 13264 times)

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
Candyd's Sims 4 mods
« on: February 05, 2017, 04:26:51 PM »
As a new modder, I'd like to share here the list of mods I've created for the Sims 4. More than advertising, I'd like to receive your feedback on this thread, and most important, to know if you experienced issues related to any of these mods. As a new creator, this is very important to me. The more feedback and constructive criticism, the better !
My released mods can be downloaded on Mod the Sims. I may also give an alternate download on Simfileshare if you wish.
You can also PM me if you'd like to test one of the mods available for testing. I will send you a OneDrive or Simfileshare download link. Testing my mods and giving me suggestions on how to improve them can greatly help me and improve my skills.
The list in this post will be regularly updated, come back to see what's new !

All my mods are checked, updated (when necessary) and now compatible with the latest patch (1.29).

List of released mods

No flirty moodlet from romantic TV shows
No vegetarian notifications
Improved reactions to aliens (4 flavors)
No autonomous romantic serenade
Less nightmares for toddlers (3 flavors)
Natural metabolism part 1 : Underweight teens fix
! Updated for 1.29 ! Natural metabolism part 2 : Balanced calories
! Updated for 1.29 ! Natural metabolism part 3 : Retuned metabolism (2 flavors)
Sims 3 inspired lifespans for the Sims 4 (6 flavors)

List of mods available for testing

Less MySims dolls in rocks

Current projects (not available for testing yet ; may be released or not)

Let traits take control (retuned autonomy mod)
NPC walkby control
Improved control of alien abduction
Disabled needs for ghosts
Retuned jealous trait

(Thread authorized by Carl)

Last update : 04/17/2017

Offline Candyd

• Occult
Re: Candyd's Sims 4 mods
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 04:53:32 PM »
Released : No flirty moodlet from romantic TV shows

This mod removes the flirty moodlet that sims normally get from watching romance on television. Now the romance channel is like any other TV channel. It won't make sims flirty watching it, and then they won't be pushed to do romantic interactions with complete strangers.
This is an XML tuning mod.

Available on Mod the Sims.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 10:21:42 PM »
Released : No notifications for vegetarian sims after eating

This mod removes the invasive notifications that vegetarian sims receive every time they eat : "Whoa ! (Your sim) has discovered a delicious alternative to meat products ! Who knew that a meal could still have the familiar meat taste without the meat ?" and "Successful vegetarian food is successful ! The flavors, the texture, all around amazing ! This dish definitely has (your sim)'s seal of approval.". It doesn't change anything else to actual gameplay. Vegetarian sims will still experience the same moodlets and emotions as usual after a meal, and notifications will display only after eating non-vegetarian food.

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 02:58:53 PM »
Released : Improved reactions to aliens - 4 flavors

This mod changes random angry or confident reactions to discovering aliens : if the relationship between the sim and the alien isn't already negative, the reaction is always confident. Two optional flavors remove the embarrassed moodlet that aliens feel when discovered, and create cumulative scores for relationship gains and drops depending on the sim's traits : nice, intellectual, scientist and alien hybrids benefit from gains, while bad traits suffer from drops.
This is an XML tuning mod. The 4 flavors conflict with each another, install only one.

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 12:12:11 PM »
Released : No autonomous romantic serenade

This mod disables autonomous serenading from the singing skill. Sims can still be directed by the player to serenade, and may still serenade with musical instruments autonomously.

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 05:00:35 PM »
Released : Toddlers have less nightmares - 3 flavors

This mod reduces the base chance for toddlers to have a nightmare during night. 3 flavors are available, to reduce the chance of nightmares to 20%, 10%, and to eliminate nightmares completely.
This is an XML tuning mod. The 3 flavors conflict with each another, install only one.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 06:11:02 AM »
Released : No autonomous romantic serenade

This mod disables autonomous serenading from the singing skill. Sims can still be directed by the player to serenade, and may still serenade with musical instruments autonomously.

Thank you so much for this mod.  I don't mind them serenading, but it was going beyond the cute stage. 
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 02:52:07 PM »
Thank you so much for this mod.  I don't mind them serenading, but it was going beyond the cute stage. 
Yes, it was excessive in my game too. It was driving me crazy. I'm glad it's helpful for you :)

@ Everyone : this is a feedback thread too, if ever you experience issues with one of my mods, notice something strange or need updates, I've subscribed to this thread so please post issues here, so I can view them and check them ASAP. And mod suggestions are welcome too !

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 03:46:07 PM »
Don't know if it's possible, but I would LOVE  a mod that takes away the "You have taken a photo and it can be found here" notice that comes up EVERYTIME you press "C".

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 03:48:36 PM »
@simfulicious I'll check if it's possible. If it is, I'll do it. I find those notifications annoying too. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 05:30:06 PM »
Any chance of a mod that stops autonomous enchanting greetings? My married sims end up with so many 'lovebirds' because of this it is simply ridiculous.

Good luck with your modding. Looks like you are well on your way!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 06:03:02 PM »
@Playalot The mod already exists : No autonomous rude / flirty / enchanting introductions
I play with it combined with these two :
No more random friendships or romances
Stop random flirting
The 3 combined completely stop generating random romance and cheating. There are no more random "lovebirds" in relationship panels, sims flirt only with romantic interests that you initiate, and with this almost all townies are single with no romantic interests at all, that makes a huge dating pool for my sims !

Thank you for your encouragements, I discovered how much I LOVE modding. I loved programming already, and modding is a really fun application, and very easy to do in the Sims 4. It trains logic a bit, and it's quite addictive, honestly it's even more addictive than playing. It's tempting me to go further and try scripting later. And I discovered so much about the game's behavior and how it's built, there are plenty of Easter eggs hidden in there, a few of them even seem to be little "gifts" to modders, it's cute. To people who are tempted, if you like programming, try modding, it's fun !

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2017, 08:31:58 PM »
I know that someone else has already made that mod. It's different when a mod is made by someone you are in contact with though. That way you know it is up-to-date and functioning correctly etc.  :)

I don't normally use mods that change the game play tbh but the auto enchanting greetings is something that 100% needs addressing by the devs as it takes control from the player and ruins a lot of story lines.

Sounds a very addicting hobby! I'm really a vanilla gamer, in all games too not just TS. Been that way since I started gaming a few moons ago! lol Old habits are hard to beat. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 12:44:06 PM »
I agree about this, some interactions shouldn't be made autonomous.
For others, I'm trying to retune them to severely limit autonomy rather than totally suppressing it, like for example reports of good sims trolling the forums. I currently have a mod in testing to make it more of "mean sim" specific interaction. It's a more complex kind of mod which simulates more natural behaviors than turning off autonomy for all traits. Testers are welcome, especially people who experience the issue mentioned above.
Right now, I'm creating more complex stuff but that asks more time to write, and I'm also working on a new blog (Sims 3 related) so I'll publish mods more slowly but they should be bigger mods. I'm looking for future testers of the retuned metabolism + retuned calories mod, something that should make weight and muscle gain and loss much slower and more natural. These are different modules that can be installed together or separately, but should be installed together for the best results. To people who experience weight and muscle gain issues with their sims, you can contact me and specify chat lifespan you prefer to play with, as I intend to make different mod flavors that are optimized for each lifespan. I haven't started writing this mod yet as I'm working on something else, but it would be nice to already have testers available before I have a first draft.

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2017, 01:44:56 PM »
I'm currently looking for players who regularly play with teens and are affected by the "underweight teens" issue. I've found a fix and I need testers !

anything