Author Topic: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Whistle While You Twerk [Completed 03/05/2018]  (Read 179290 times)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: Mossimo's Fatherhood: Tyelis and Caprice (07/01)
« Reply #240 on: July 02, 2017, 11:41:23 AM »
This story is so much fun to read.  I love all of the characters and the way you write their relationships and interactions.

The nooboos are perfect and adorable.

Does reading to toddlers build imagination?  Do you start reading then tell them to eat or the other way around?  I've noticed through your screenshots that your sims read to their toddlers during the day not only at bedtime.

Also, how often do you have your toddlers watch other sims?  Raising Thinking and Communication are the hardest for me.  Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Mossimo's Fatherhood: Tyelis and Caprice (07/01)
« Reply #241 on: July 02, 2017, 01:41:16 PM »
@PeregrineTook
I really don't know why things turn out so different between elven Tyelis and green Caprice. It's almost as if I'm doing a bad kid/good kid story on purpose (but I'm definitely not).
Serena really deserves to quit her job, too, since the household can generate enough income from home now. I just need to decide what inventions and serums would benefit the household before she quits. Then you'll see her around much more!
As for Parenthood, from what I've read elsewhere, Parenting doesn't really influence the kids so much until the child stage onward, so I'm preparing for that by having the parents build their Parenting skill now.

@Caterina
I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying the "story" so far, because I find it really hard to skip days at a time to speed to a later point in the household's lives, haha.

Reading to toddlers:
It satisfies three goals. (1) builds toddler's imagination, (2) contributes to "Read to a child for 2 hours" for Big Happy Family/Successful Lineage, and contributes to Whiz Kid's "Be read to by an adult for 2 hours" goal.
When toddlers are directed to "Grab a serving," then an adult is directed to "Sit" then "Read to toddler" (you can pick multiple toddlers or children), the toddlers will head to where that adult is, sit down, take out their plate, and "Listen to Story" while eating.
Toddlers seem to spend so much time sleeping, so this is just a way to squeeze in a little more skilling.

Thinking:
A toddler needs Level 2 to Learn Shapes (nesting blocks) but can Learn Numbers (flash cards) from Level 1 in my current game, so I like to have a toddler "Watch" other sims until at least Level 2.
Watching is also good for a difficult toddler since they'll never get an angry moodlet from watching.
A toddler can Watch when they're angry about nesting blocks/flash cards; Watch never results in a negative moodlet.
Watch cannot be used on any sim who the toddler considers a stranger.
To observe the Parenting skill, though, I'll have the toddlers ask to Learn Numbers at the start.

Communication:
A toddler needs Level 2 to Learn Animals (flash cards). Reach L2 by having an adult "Teach to Talk" or let the toddler interact with an animal toy, like Uni.
The animal toys seem to give the fastest boost, but I'm trying to boost the adults' Parenting, so I'm using Teach to Talk in this story.
In my RDC, I leave 3 or so animal toys in separate locations, having the toddler move around the house to hit/hug/play/whatever with each animal toy.
Because every little bit helps, always have the toddler ask for everything--flash cards, nesting blocks, bath, read story, etc.
Don't ever let an adult initiate an interaction that would give a toddler the chance to request an adult for something.

I thought it was so interesting that you find Thinking and Communication the most time-consuming.
For me, unless I put extra effort into the toddler, Movement is always the last skill to be maxed. I recently discovered getting Active sim to "Drink energy juice" before Play.

Sorry for the long response! The next pair of nooboos are already born, so I'm trying to play through to their toddler birthdays by this evening.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Mossimo's Fatherhood: Melannia and Vitor (07/04)
« Reply #242 on: July 04, 2017, 06:11:39 AM »
F1.4  Mossimo's Fatherhood: Melannia and Vitor

Week 1/Saturday

Bling: My double life in my homeland Azeroth and my new home Windenberg Island continues.

Recently, I succeeded in driving out the human invaders from the territories of the undead Forsaken peoples.
The entire campaign was fraught with extreme peril, shocking treachery, and life-or-death decisions.

Of course, the leader of the Forsaken now treats me with respect and gratitude.
Otherwise, however, I remain shunned by the world outside of here in Silverpine Forest.
To this day, I have yet to receive a single guild invitation and am largely ignored except by NPCs who seek my assistance.

Bling: For a change of scene, I journey to Thunder Bluffs which resembles a Native American village.
Upon arriving here, I check the mailbox to find a message from my "sister," Vittória.
Do you remember her? She's a priest like me but for the opposite faction.

Last week, she received 500 gold to sign a guild charter, becoming the first member of a newly-forming guild.
This morning, that same Guild Master tells her to check her mail.
He'd crafted 4 costly, spacious bags which he mailed to her with 1,000 gold!

Why is Vittória so cherished and spoiled, while I am forced to walk alone?
Some days, I wish World of Warcraft had a gender customization option like Sims 4!

Bling: Back in Windenbug, I am so happy to be treated like family. I feel needed and loved!

Everyone's trust inspires me to become a better father.
Instead of reading, I try browsing the Parenting forum on the internet.

And no, I don't really understand what "browsing" and "internet" mean.
I'm simply repeating what Massimo taught me to do a few minutes ago.

This room? Watchette says I can use the former butler's room as my own.
I appreciate the preferential treatment. For far too long, I've been the one outside looking in. *sighs

So, what are you doing here in the hospital cafeteria, Blling?
Bling: Well, you told me that I can do anything I want this time, Watchette, right?
So I followed my nose to this room in the hospital, drinking carbonated soda for the first time in my life.

Where's Serena?
Bling: She's probably in the delivery room. I saw her heading there on my way to this cafeteria.

Hospital speakers: Mr. Bling Mevidh, would you please come immediately to the delivery room? Your wife just gave birth to a healthy baby girl.
Bling: Oops!

Massimo: Moss, you wanted Watchette to join us at the hospital for the birth.
We're all here so why are you still looking so afraid?

Moss: I'm not sure, Massimo. The part of me who's pregnant is glad to be here.
But the part of me who's male wants to go into full-blow prenatal panic.

Massimo: Oh no, Moss! Why the heck are you wearing pink slippers?
Didn't you eat all the carrots? Have you forgotten that I've never had a son?
Arrrgggghhhh!

Moss: Unexpectedly, this one is also a greenboo!
Massimo: But our second child is a boy! I'm so excited! I'm going to spoil him rotten!

Serena: May I have the honor of naming my first grandson?
Moss: Yes, of course!

Serena: Then, let's call him Vitor.
Massimo: Oh, like the Brazilian-Portuguese equivalent of the English name Victor?
Serena: That too, but I was thinking more of Kim Taehyung aka V in the kpop band BTS.

Moss: It's worked out just perfectly, hasn't it, Mama Serena?
Serena: Yes, indeed! We each have a son and daughter!

Moss: Do you think we should have staggered the births a little more?
Serena: It's too late to be talking about that now! Let's hope we get a good nanny!
Also, if you know any unflirty family-oriented sim, we could perhaps add her to our club…
Moss: Her?

Week 2/Sunday

Tyelis: I love Papa so much! We share a lot in common!
For example, we both agree that weewee in da pants is a no-no.

Bling: I've managed to spill water everywhere while giving Tyelis a bubble bath.
He's not actually dirty but I'm trying to put him in a playful mood.

Would it have been quicker and easier to share jokes with Tyelis instead?

Moss: Usually, we prioritize helping our toddlers reach Level 2 Potty and Level 3 Thinking asap.
This time around, Tyelis and Caprice seem to spend more time sleeping than awake.

It's quite obvious that Caprice has only Level 1 Thinking.
She's awoken by nightmares several times a day, her crying waking up Tyelis, too.

Bling: This is preposterous! Why are Tyelis and I playing house!?
We should out in the forests where I teach him how to tame wild unicorns!

Serena: Life is filled with mysterious surprises!
I'd never imagined that I would find love with a blood elf and bear his children!

And never in my wildest dreams did I ever picture having greenboos for grandchildren.
I can't wait for Melannia and Vitor to age up to toddlers tomorrow!

Massimo: You're probably wondering why Moss spends more time with our kids than I do.
You see, I have the family-oriented trait which makes me a "natural parent."
For now, I'm stepping back to give Moss time to bond with Caprice.

Bling is also family-oriented. You can tell by how devoted he is to Tyelis.

By the way, you haven't seen much of Mama and I because we're trying to max Logic for the Whiz Kid aspiration.

How many adults does it take to figure out this Buildem Blocks Play Table?

Bling: I just don't get it, Moss!
The instructions say that this table's for toddlers only, but Tyelis can't interact with it!

Moss: Hmmmm, let's see what SimGurus have to say. *pulls out his phone
Apparently, toddlers can play with blocks once they've been built by children and older sims.

Bling: Well, that's not truly "toddlers only" now, is it!

"Poor Potty Guidance"--the bane of toddlers the world over!

Caprice: Waaaahhh, Grandma made me break my perfect "Potty Success" record!

Serena: I'm a Level 10 Scientist, so I should be able to potty train properly. Grrrr!

Massimo: Way to go, Mama! Now Caprice has a 4-hour Sad +1 "Potty Accident" moodlet.

Monday

Bling: Why are you and I on the beach fishing, while our resident Angling Ace stays home with the children?
Shouldn't we switch places?

Moss: Not at all. I maxed Cooking and Gourmet Cooking this morning, so we need an angelfish.
But Massimo has been mentoring his mother in Logic after maxing it himself.
That's why he never got the chance to read to the kids for two hours.

Bling: But, Moss, my son is the clingy sort! He absolutely hates being left behind.
Moss: Sorry to break this to you, dude, but your boy needs to toughen up!

Moss: A few hours before Vel and Vitor's birthdays, we hire a nanny.
Rieko Kobayashi is an outgoing, family-oriented genius. Nice traits!

Massimo: If she's a genius, can she still mentor musical instruments?

Moss: I try briefly playing an electronic keyboard, a violin, a guitar, and some chess.
Each time, I try to ask Rieko to mentor me.
Serena: And your results?

Moss: She can only mentor me in guitar. Oh well, let's keep looking for a nanny who can mentor both violin and piano!
Massimo: We don't need a guitar mentor until the kids are teens.

Bling: We age up the nooboos in the late afternoon.
Here is our daughter, Velannia Medivh.
She has my violet eyes but her mother's nose. She doesn't inherit my ears.

It's too early to say who Vel will resemble but I hope, obviously, she looks like her mother!

Massimo: Don't you think our two toddlers look a lot like each other?
Moss: Vitor looks like I did at his age, except his eyes and eyebrows are definitely shaped like yours!

Serena: I can already tell that Vitor's going to grow up into a heartbreaker!

Current Status:

Parenting skill: Level 6/Bling and Moss; Level 5/Massimo; Level 4/Serena

If Massimo hadn't been maxing and mentoring Logic, he could also have had Level 6 Parenting.
Serena's Parenting is lowest because she never autonomously attended the nooboos and often dropped her action queue with the toddlers.
Also, whenever she potty trained, she gave "poor potty guidance," lol. Still, her contribution to the household as a scientist are terrific.

Toddler Skills: practically equivalent
*Tyelis Medivh: Level 3 Potty/Comm/Imagin/Thinking; L2 Movement
*Caprice Zannero: Level 3 Potty/Comm/Thinking; Level 2 Imagin/Movement

Although the adults are gaining the Parenthood skill, I see hardly any change in the character values of the first-born Tyelis and Caprice.
I guess the Parenting skill doesn't really come into play until the child and teen stages. Either that, or I'm just bad at using the Parenting skill, hehe.

In case you're wondering why the nanny looks turquoise, when I downloaded a friend's Murkland simself several months ago, "she" required several cc packages, including one that provides the rainbow skintones. I've decided to keep that cc!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Mossimo's Fatherhood: Melannia and Vitor (07/04)
« Reply #243 on: July 04, 2017, 12:39:19 PM »
The nanny is named Rieko, eh?  I know a Rieko  ;=)
Another lovely glimpse into the Parenthood expansion.  So glad the genders all turned out as expected. Melania is adorable!   Love those purple eyes!  Can't wait to see if she's a Serena clone!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Mossimo's Fatherhood: Very Happily Unemployed
« Reply #244 on: July 16, 2017, 07:54:27 AM »
F2.1  Mossimo's Fatherhood: Very Happily Unemployed

Week 2/Monday

Tyelis: You can easily tell who my parents are. I have my mother's large eyes and my father's pointy ears!

Bling: Tyelis is getting sleepy, but he's only a half level away from earning the Happy Toddler trait.
Let's keep learning blocks, son. You can reach Level 3 Movement by this evening!

Caprice: Obviously, I am the most beautiful toddler in this household.
I just reached Level 2 Movement, though, so I'll need more time to reach Level 3.

But who cares when I look this cute in my carrot-orange sockies!

Melannia: I'm so sad that I didn't get Papa's pointy ears! *pouts
When I wasn't even dirty, Mama wanted to give me a bath.
But I didn't want to, so she stomped her foot and yelled at me.

Look at me now, trying to act all happy when I'm secretly terrified by Mama…
I just became a toddler a little while ago, so all my skills are Level 1.

Vitor: Yeah, yeah, my green skin gives me away every time.
My older sister Caprice brags that she's the most beautiful sim, but she hasn't been learning as quickly as Tyelis!

Unlike Caprice, I'm going to be both handsome AND smart!
But right now, all my skills are Level 1 just like Melannia.

Bling: Great job, Tyelis! It's time for you to blow out your birthday candles.

Tyelis: Already? What about Top-Notch Toddler?

Tyelis: After I blow out my candles and change my wardrobe, it's almost 10:30 pm.
I'm ready to start my life as a Genius child! And what's the first thing Papa says?
Does he praise me for becoming a Happy Toddler without making even a single mess? Nope!
He starts off by teaching me to say please and thank you…

Bling (internally): I think I'm being overzealous with this Parenting thing.
Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow to teach Tyelis how to say sorry…

Tuesday

Moss: It takes three more hours, but Caprice finally earns the Happy Toddler trait around 1 a.m.

Caprice: I didn't make a single mess either, Papa!
Serena: Frankly, I think Watchette micro-manages toddlers so carefully that you never had an unsupervised moment to make a mess…

Moss: Where's our nanny? I phoned for a nanny over an hour ago!
Serena: I think she might be swimming over from downtown Windenburg…

Caprice: I'm a Creative kid, why am I trying to become a Whiz Kid?
Massimo: Watchette's force of habit, I bet. Hey, Watchette!

Yeah?
Massimo: Why don't you have the children complete two aspirations each, then we'll have some time to see the Parenthood GP at work.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Both kids do Whiz Kid, then Tyelis does R. Scamp and Caprice does A. Prodigy.

Caprice: Isn't anyone going to comment on how gorgeous I am?
Tyelis: Nah. Nobody said anything about my pointy ears, either.

Serena: This house is so confusing! Today, everyone actually watches me leave for work.
As usual, I head for the front door around 5 minutes before my shift starts.

Today, I realize that I walk all the way around the back of the house to leave for work.
Why don't I just vanish at some spot near the front door?

Bling: Hey, Moss! I harvested this here death flower, so I'm giving it to you, like you'd asked me to.
Moss: Woooo, I dash off to the kitchen to whip up my first serving of ambrosia.

Nanny Rieko: Ambrosia? Was this an immortal dynasty challenge?
Massimo: No, but we young adults agree that if we're sticking around throughout our kids' teen years, we might as well look good.

Massimo: After Tyelis leaves for his first day of school, I start mentoring Caprice at chess.
When we pause for a break, I teach her to say please and thank you.
What's that face she's making at me, though? She looks as if I'm offending her or something.

Caprice: Yeah, yeah, I get it. Always say please and thank you. Sheesh!
I thought this one was the cool and edgy papa, but he's actually rather boring.

Moss: Hey, Bling, where are you? Can you come help me clone the ambro…..whooooaaaa!!!!
Bling: Sure, just teach me how to use the cloning machine, Moss.

Moss: Are you sure you should be walking around like that while your wife's at work?
Bling: Walking around like "what"?

Moss (looks straight forward): So, Bling, I think this story is losing focus.
Bling: Focus on what?
Moss: Exactly.

Bling: Well, Tyelis is at school and the toddlers are asleep.
Massimo is upstairs, encouraging Caprice's recent behavior (learning to say please and thank you).
There's not much else we can do this very moment.
Moss: I guess you're right.

Bling: Should we be worried? I took a peek at Tyelis' character values earlier and he didn't have any.
Moss: Yeah, Caprice's character values look exactly the same.
Only the tiniest slivers of green for having done homework and learned to say please and thank you.

Bling: Bah, piece of cake! We have nearly four sim-weeks to help our children develop their personalities, right?

Massimo: I'm feeling a bit worried at first because Caprice looks so skeptical.
But look, she's smiling now. I must have gotten through to her!

Caprice: I get it now, Papa! I should never take the kindness of others for granted.

Caprice: I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I hate having to share a bedroom with two toddlers.
Tyelis has moved to a downstairs bedroom, so this room will eventually belong to his younger sis Melannia and me.
But my younger brother Vitor can't move there until his birthday, so I'm stuck in the baby room. Ugh.

Oh well, just 4-5 more days of waiting, I guess. And then this room gets redecorated!

Bling: So, Moss, I'd like to ask your advice about something.
Moss: Sure, go ahead and ask me anything.

Bling: You know how I like parenting, right? I enjoy parenting so much that I think I'd like to get a job.
Moss: A job? What career do you have in mind, bro?

Bling: Well, I've been reading about the Took Dynasty, which gave me the idea to get a job related to parenting.
Moss: Oh? So, you want to become a mixologist, a chef, or a scientist?

Bling: Uh no, I want to become a pollinator.
Moss (covers Bling's mouth): Sssshhhh, if you value your life, you must never repeat those words again.
You, my friend, are a married man. If Serena finds out you said that, she'll hang you by your thumbs from a high beam.

Bling: Very funny, Moss. That's what modern people call a "figure of speech," about hanging me up by my thumbs, right?
Moss:  Nope, I couldn’t be more literal.
Bling: In that case, if anyone asks, I'm very happily unemployed… *shudders

Author's Note:
Not much really happened parenting-wise in this update. I haven't been simming for a while, so had a little trouble getting off the ground and moving forward.
Plus the children are all so cute that I ended up spamming screenshots of them.
I promise to get down to business next time.  ;D

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Mossimo's Fatherhood: Very Happily Unemployed (07/16)
« Reply #245 on: July 16, 2017, 11:58:05 AM »
Oh my goodness!!  Bling wants a job as a pollinator.  Hilarious!!!  Of course, if he did, I'd have to forever shun him for doing that to my Serena.
Bling's double life as a character in two games is also a rather amusing addition to the storytelling.  That poor guy just can't catch a break in WoW, but in Sims, he gets to be with Serena!  He's definitely outshining his siblings with that alone  ;=)
I appreciate the insight you gave into the Parenthood pack with showing the little thing with the 5 different personality areas and gave a little concept of how that works.  It seems interesting.  I'll be curious to see if you think it particularly enhances game play or is simply an interesting feature.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #246 on: July 16, 2017, 06:16:15 PM »
Tyelis and Caprice both aged up well.  I love Caprice's shirt and hair. 

It would be fun to see Bling's ears take over Windenburg. 

I'm excited that your back in business simming and happy that you found another game that you enjoy.  I haven't simmed in a couple of weeks myself.  I have been spending a lot more time with my son this summer.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #247 on: July 20, 2017, 09:47:15 AM »
Moss and Massimo starting a family? *fangirl squeals* Thoroughly enjoying your RDC and your Parenthood gameplay. I absolutely love your WK build style and the restaurants are amazing, wish I could go there in real life.

I'm thinking of downloading the house you shared, haven't had a chance to really play with vampires during my absence.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Mossimo's Fatherhood: More Birthdays (07/23)
« Reply #248 on: July 23, 2017, 08:22:15 PM »
@PeregrineTook
Bling wanting to become a Pollinator is just a silly joke about him not realizing that it's not an actual "career."
I'm forming some impressions about the Parenthood GP already, but want to save my comments until I've played through the children's teen years.

@Caterina
All four children are so lovely that I'm not making that much progress with my Parenthood experimentation, haha.
Caprice's green hair is cc, but her T-shirt comes with the Parenthood game pack, I think.
Your son must be thrilled to be doing things with you this summer!!!

@Nettlejuice
I'm so very excited that you've returned from your break and are planning to start an Immortal Dynasty! I'm so curious who your founder will be!
My vote would be, of course, for Kessy and Mitch's second daughter! She was so much fun!
Thank you for the nice words about my restaurants. For some reason, I really enjoy building restaurants, houses not so much.
Ugh, the vampire house I uploaded! I just wanted an affordable shell that I could repeatedly download to the remaining 30x20 vampire lots.

Anyway, welcome back! I'm super excited about your new story! Don't keep me waiting!

P2.2  Mossimo's Fatherhood: Two More Birthdays

Week 2/Tuesday

Bling: The quality of my life in Azeroth has greatly improved lately, much to my delight!
I swallowed my pride and asked for an invite to the same guild as my siblings.
Being in a guild has been really great, even though my guildmates are unaware that I'm related to my twin sister Kunoichi and younger brother LocknLol.

Watchette's also fallen back in love with me, so I'm now Level 50 just like my sister!
I'm wearing my new Flirtatious Robe in this photo. I was so excited to earn it as a quest reward.
Is it just me, or does my robe not look very flirtatious at all? (In case you've forgotten, that's me on your right...)

Tyelis: I'm not a big fan of Watchette today!
She not only has me playing chess so that I'm late to leave for school, but she also sends me to the wrong area to leave the lot.
As a result, I'm two hours late for my first day of school.
Sorry about that, Tye! Since you aged up around 10 pm last night, I thought you had today off.

Tyelis: On top of my lateness, Watchette decides to exit our simverse while I'm still at school.
She returns to us today to find that, of course, I've been forced to leave school early.
And now I've got a little red Irresponsibility bar and it's not my fault at all!
Bling: Let me encourage you to do your homework, Tye. I'll help with your homework, too!

Tyelis: You can't fool me, Papa! You're just leveling your Parenting skill!

Tyelis: Well, my Irresponsibility bar got smaller, but it's still there! I blame you, Watchette!
And now I'm getting the double whammy! I'm being mentored and lectured at the same time!!!

Bling: Now that you're no longer a toddler, son, it's time you learn to say sorry.
Massimo: Let's keep working on your Whiz Kid aspiration, Tye.

Caprice: Grandpa Bling, may I ask you for some advice?

Bling: Sure, honey, you can ask me anything.
Caprice: So no one wants to play with me on the playground at school. What should I do?
   • Ask the other children if I may join them? (affects Conflict Resolution)
   • Consult my teacher (affects Manners)

Massimo: What are you talking about Caprice? You don't even start school until tomorrow.
Caprice: Papa, I got the chance card, okaaaaay?  Just roll with it!

Bling: Well, you don't want to seem like a little tattletale, so I'd ask to join your classmates.
Massimo: Nice going, Bling! Her Emotional Control took a hit!
Caprice: Waaaahhhh!

Serena: Today, I was forced to leave work early, but it's just as well.
Since I'm in change of raising Velannia, I'll need to quit work anyway.

For some reason, I'm not as invested in Parenting as the other three. I wish I knew why.
I'm certainly the brightest and most beautiful. I should be the best parent, too!

Moss: Our goal today, little Vitor, is to reach Level 3 Thinking!
Vitor: No blocks! Food! *thows anti-block fit

Moss: Okay, you're hungry. I see you'll need to learn to talk next. I'll read to you instead.
Bling: Hey, that's not fair! I thought you and I were raising our first-borns!

Moss: Things got a little confusing since Massimo's the only one who can mentor Logic/Mental!
Go take care of Velannia so Serena can finish maxing Logic, dude!

Bling: Not exactly what I had in mind when I encouraged you to set the table…
Tyelis: Would my Responsibility grow more if I just did it myself, Papa?
Bling: I don't know.

Tyelis: Sorry to disrupt your gardening, Papa, but I need some advice.
My friend was being bullied at school today but I didn't know what to do. What should I have done?
Step up and confront the bully (Conflict Resolution) or wait and offer post-smackdown comsolation (Empathy)?

Bling: That's not even a question, Tyelis! Obviously, you charge forward to your friend's aid!!!
Tyelis: Wow, why would my Empathy drop?

Bling: Well, son, I see we're going to have to choose which values to prioritize. What do you think?
Let's see which are highest after a few days and just go with those.

Typically, I always remove every sink from every lot. But here's one for you so you can brush your teeth.
Tyelis: Yeah, brushing my teeth helps build responsibility, so I'm brushing them twice.

Don't forget to lock your bedroom door!
Tyelis: Right, I don't want Mama in here every other second, grabbing a glass of water.

Wednesday

Moss: As much as I love having a green son for the first time in my life, what happened to my romance?
I mean, this Parenthood digression is partly inspired by the Mossimo love tragedy, correct?

Serena: What about me? I hardly even got courted by Bling!!!!
When we started out, we were already living together!

Moss: Well, I'm not that sold on this whole Parenthood thing yet.
Serena: I know, right? It adds a lot more to the grind but not as much to the fun.
On the plus side, my grandson Vitor is insanely adorable!

Caprice: Now, this is what I'm talking about! Why am I even doing Whiz Kid anyway?
Moss: Well, you will learn the Logic skill faster now.
If you want to become a professional painter someday, you'll need to reach Level 5 or 6 Logic, I believe.

Caprice: Seriously? Well, okay then.

Tyelis: I just need an A for Whiz Kid, so we've come to the park so I can start Rambunctious Scamp.
Papa, is this all I do all the time? Skill, skill, skill?
Bling: Actually, no. You only need to finish two aspirations. Better to get them done first, right?

Tyelis: Why is Mama going home? To look after the toddlers?
Bling: I hear it's Watchette's new escape route for a vampire break-in.
If we get stuck at the park, we just switch to your mother and she'll summon us home.

Moss: I don't mean to pry, darling, but your mother seriously needs to reconsider Bling's wardrobe!
Massimo: I know, right?! As soon as Mama leaves the park, that vampire makes a beeline for Bling and starts chatting him up.

Moss: Well, you know how gullible Bling is. I bet he's never even met a vampire before.
Massimo: Next time we go out, maybe you or Bling should be the one to stay home.

Thursday

Massimo: Our toddlers wake up not long after Tyelis and Caprice leave for school.
Moss: Though I remind Caprice to leave for school at 8 am, she runs around the house and drops her queue.
She doesn't arrive at school until 8:45 a.m. I guess the kids need to be on standby to leave for school.

Massimo: And the race is on! We're trying to get all toddler skills to Level 3 before they zonk out for another nap!

Serena: The moment we've all been waiting for, folks!
Since we're obviously the better parents, Velannia ages up first!

Massimo: Oh puhleeze! My Vitor is just moments behind! And, by the way, Mother dear, you only have Level 5 Parenting.
On the other hand, I have Level 7 Parenting while Moss and Bling have Level 8.
Serena: *coughs

Caprice: Hey, it's only 2:15 pm. Why did we leave school early?
Tyelis: I bet we were forced home early, because Watchette gave our siblings makeovers after they aged up.

Caprice: Seriously!? How could Watchette forget all about us like that?
Tyelis: No big deal, Caprice. We earned our A grade to complete Whiz Kid before returning home. Let's take a commemorative shot!

Tyelis: Why do you look so much bigger than me, Caprice?
Caprice: Eh, it's just my hair!

Bling: Look at my lovely family! That's my wife on the left, of course.
Our daughter Velannia is in the center, with her older brother Tyelis on your right.
Serena: How wonderful that they both got your violet eyes, darling!

Note: In Change Sim (no cheat), I tried pulling Velannia's ears to make them pointy but I could only make them bigger. They really are genetically-transmitted pointy ears!

Moss: I'm not sure why I got left out of the picture, since Massimo's not green…
Anyway, our son Vitor is in the center, with his older sister Caprice on your right.

Massimo: I didn't think the kids looked much like you but when we're all side by side, they don't look a lot like me, either.
Moss: Vitor seems to have your droopy eyebrows, but we'll never really know until their teen birthdays, right?

Moss: No, no, Bling! Don't just let Tyelis start doing his homework! Stop him!
Bling: Why? It's good that he wants to do his homework all on his own.

Moss: Normally, yes, but we're trying to complete the Super Parent aspiration to earn the Role Model trait.
Bling: So what should I be doing?

Moss: First, you "Influence" your son to do his homework, then you help him with it.
When he's done, "Encourage recent behavior" (doing homework).
As part of the aspiration, we need to Discipline (Encourage/Discourage) their behavior five times.

Bling: Yeah, I know. I've already Encouraged my kids three times already. Such busy work!
Moss: Dude, we're only on Tier II of IV. We shoulda finished this part while they were toddlers!

Bling: If we didn't age the toddlers up early, we'd have more time for proper parenting.

Serena: Meanwhile, Massimo and I are mentoring the most recent Whiz Kids upstairs.
And yes, I maxed Logic so I can mentor Mental and Logic now, too!

Vitor: But I want to do my homework, Uncle Massimo!
Massimo: You have to play 3 games of chess with Velannia first, so it'll count toward Whiz Kid.

Velannia: Mama, do I have to call him "Uncle Massimo," too? He's, like, my half-brother, right? Same mother, different father...
Serena: Where did you hear that, young lady?
Velannia: My lips are sealed!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Mossimo's Fatherhood: Two More Birthdays (07/23)
« Reply #249 on: July 23, 2017, 11:25:38 PM »
How dare Massimo sass my Serena!!  She maxed logic to tutor the children, was the only adult with a full-time job and still got to within 2 levels of him for parenting.  Meantime, he sat around the house eating chips and making googly eyes at his green boyfriend.
Anyway, another lovely update and I'm learning so many things about the features of the parenting pack and the give and take of the personality sliders.  Interesting stuff!!
As an unrelated footnote, I just noticed how similar Serena's outfit is to Izumi's party attire.  Serena goes black bottoms with reddish top while Izumi does black top with reddish bottoms.  Too funny!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Mossimo's Fatherhood: Two More Birthdays (07/23)
« Reply #250 on: July 24, 2017, 06:18:00 AM »
Serena is one impressive mama/grandmama! I insist on seeing her and Bling on a date. How odd it must be to have your kids the same age as your half-siblings  ;D

What is it about your male household members, there's always someone after them: nannies, vampires, aliens next?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Mossimo's Fatherhood: Ninja Blues (08/04)
« Reply #251 on: August 04, 2017, 03:53:03 PM »
@PeregrineTook
Only in this side story would Massimo dare sass his mother since they're presently the same age. I agree with you that Serena is usually all-around awesome.
For some reason I can't fathom, though, she's not as invested in parenting as the other three adults.
It doesn't make her flawed in any way but since this side-story is about parenting, her weakness provides chances for her son to tease her.  ;D

@Nettlejuice
Another couple will be getting their date first since they've been an item since my first, failed Rival Dynasties attempt.
I've noticed that nannies (both male and female) often show up at the house in Flirty mood, though I've noticed that the male nannies are not as forward as the female nannies.
But now that you mention it, I wonder why my female household members don't attract the same kind of attention as my male household members do.
Do you think my male sims merely pretend outwardly to dislike the attention from random females while inwardly enjoying it, like Massimo in this update? (Hahaha, that's deep!)

P2.7  Mossimo's Fatherhood: Ninja Blues

Week 2/Thursday

Bling: Sometimes the complex and busy nature of modern life overwhelms me.
My life in Azeroth is much simpler. I explore the world while battling for the Horde and aiding random strangers.
Just last night, I joined in a "tavern crawl," where we teleported and partied at seven or eight different parties, each serving different foods and drinks.

What a far cry from my life here, where there seems to be so little fun to be had!
Tonight, I sneak out briefly to look around and discover this little paradise.

Bling: The architectural style and colors remind me of my home in Elwynn Forest.
I must bring the whole family here to share with them my heritage.
Who lives here, I wonder? I can't resist knocking on the door to learn who lives here.

Bling: Tyelis, I was just thinking about rewarding you for your recent good behavior.
There's a special place that I want to visit, just you and me.

But I come home to find you making a mess? You disappoint me!

Tyelis: A secret outing with Papa? I need to show him how responsible I can be!

Bling: Now that's what I like to see, Tyelis! Your responsibility bar is no longer red, either. That's my boy!
Tyelis: Does this mean we're still visiting that special place together, Papa?

Moss: Wow, you brought home a school project! Let's do it together, Caprice!
Caprice: What are you so excited about, Papa? This project boosts Creativity and Painting.
But I've maxed Creativity and you've maxed Painting, so what's the point?

Moss: Erm, you build responsibility?

Friday

Massimo: You sure it's okay that we snuck out of the house as soon as the kids left for school?
I didn't even tell Mama that we were leaving!

Moss: Good! I want this morning to solely be about you and me.
If you'd told your mother, she would have insisted on tagging along with Bling.

Moss: Once Watchette returns to our Rival Dynasties Challenge, you and I become uncontrolled sims.
Before that happens, Massimo, I want to make sure you know how I feel about you.
I've loved for as long as I can remember.

Massimo: Well, maybe our descendants will invite us both to their homes so we can meet now and again!
I wish you and I had had more time together before Caprice and Vitor came along.

We've been so busy with the parenting that I barely have time to chat with you!
But speaking of children, our gene combo resulted in two gorgeous children, eh?

Moss: Silly man! I didn't invite you out to talk about our children!
Haven't you noticed that we each have a Flirty +2 "Hot Breakfast Date" moodlet?

Massimo: Of course, I did! And I wanted to order us both Cupid's Juice but Shimuzu doesn't serve it!
Moss: *blows a steamy kiss

Massimo: Darn you, Moss! I've been trying to restrain myself in public, but you're just asking for it.

Mila Bunch: Hey, look, Geoffrey! Aren't Moss Dinero and Massimo Zanna married to other people?
Geoffrey Landgraab: Well, technically, Massimo and Morgan Fyres never married.

Mila: Oh right, I remember now. Not long after she had twins, Massimo broke up with her.
Geoffrey: It's understandable. I hear Morgan's jealousy made her constantly insecure and tense.

Geoffrey: Still, can you believe the nerve of some people? Married and carrying on in public like that!
Mila: Um, Geoffrey, you're married…

Geoffrey: Right, but we're just having an innocent breakfast outing.
Mila: This isn't a "Hot Breakfast Date"?

Geoffrey: Don't be ridiculous! Nancy is a criminal boss--she would hunt me down like a dog!
Mila: Woof?

Moss: Have you noticed that Watchette's getting bored with the whole parenting thing?
Massimo: Can't say I blame her. Even so, I'm grateful that it's given you and me this time together.

Moss: I'm getting the feeling that our kids will be aged up as soon as Tyelis or Caprice qualify for an extra trait.
Promise me that you won't me forget me, Massimo, after this story ends.

Massimo: How could I ever forget you, Moss? And by the way, you're the one who's still married in the Rival Dynasties Challenge…
Don't think I haven't noticed that!
Moss: I'll make it up to you whenever our kids are off to school!

Bella Goth: Hey, hot stuff, fancy meeting you here!
Massimo: Don't act as if it's a coincidence, girl! I'm on my way out and you followed me outside!

Bella: So….
Massimo: Nope, never gonna happen! Don't even bring it up!

Velannia: I like how our parents "Influence" us to work on our school projects. Then, they just ignore us until Watchette forces them to help us.

Velannai: So Watchette had to ask you four times to help me with my project, cuz you kept dropping queue. What's up with that?
Serena: Well, you're learning the Mental skill while I'm learning Programming.
Whose brilliant idea was it to choose this irrelevant school project? It's boooooring.
Velannia: Uh, yours?

Massimo: What the heck is that?
Vitor: Beats me! I asked you to buy me the rocket ship project!

Serena: How DARE you make a mess after finishing your school project!
Velannia: But Mama, you dropped queue and abandoned me and my project, which I finished myself…
Serena: Don't you talk back to me, young lady!

Vitor (whispers): Whoa, Papa, your mother's super scary!
Massimo: You ain't seen nothing! You shoulda seen her as the vampire matriarch!

Moss: When I return from my date with Massimo, I catch Caprice making a mess in the living room.
I reprimand her firmly, so she knows I'm serious.

Moss: I can't believe you're making another mess less than an hour after the first one!
This calls for punishment, young lady. Go take a time out!

Caprice: Well, of course, I'm always wanting to make a mess! There's nothing fun to do around here! Grrrrr.

Moss: I immediately feel bad so I go to chat with Caprice during her time-out, only to find that I can't interact with her at all.
What IS that angry face she's making, though?

Vitor: Papa, I can't find my favorite toy, which is making me sad. What should I do?
Massimo: Wow, this is a real dilemma! And there are three options?! Go look for it, son!

Vitor: I found it!
Massimo: This game is so sneaky! Why am I feeling relieved that Vitor's decision negatively impacts "only one" value instead of two?!

Saturday

Tyelis: Thanks for coaching me in swimming, Uncle Massimo. Playing Keyboard Commander by myself downstairs was getting old!
Massimo: No worries, Tye! You are my favorite nephew! Of course, I'm here for you!

Tye: Hmmph, I'm your half-brother, not your nephew!
And I notice you're close to reaching Level 9 Parenting, like my papa! But why is Mama only Level 7?

Velannia: Papa, I've decided to become a ninja when I grow up. Do you support my decision?
Bling: Of course, I do, honey. And Watchette's maternal grandmother traces her ancestry to the reclusive ninja village of Iga. So I'm sure she supports you, too!

Velannia: But how do I get started, Papa?
Bling: I have an older sister in Azeroth named Kunoichi (slang for a female ninja) who is a ninja rogue.
How about if I take you to meet her? Would you like that?

Serena: Once Tye completes his second aspiration, we decide to go volunteer as a family.
Although I'm told I can send up to 8 sims to volunteer, I'm only allowed to choose 7.

Moss: Since I've maxed Parenting (ahem!), I try phoning instead but get the same result--7 sims.
Oh well, I volunteer the rest of the household to go work at a soup kitchen.
Our children know only affluence and abundance, so we'd like them to learn humility and compassion.

Velannia: At the soup kitchen, I have the choice of serving soup in front or cleaning up in back.
Since I'm going to be a ninja, I figure the fewer people who know my face the better.
I stealth immediately to the back of the soup kitchen!

Bling: Awww, Vel, you ignored the project coordinator's instructions and broke the dishwasher.
Vel:  First, I decrease my Conflict Resolution by choosing to seek a ninja trainer.
Now, I lose Responsibility for flooding the soup kitchen. I just can't win! Grrrr!!!

Vitor: It's so great that we all came to the park to eat the sack lunches you packed for us, Grandma Serena!
Grandma Serena, did you hear what I just said?
Serena: Huh, what? Oh, I'm sorry, Victor. I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch.
I'll try to pack the four of you lunches for school, too.

Moss: It's getting dark so quickly! I'm taking Vel and Vitor home to work on Artistic Prodigy.
Serena: I'll head home with you to encourage Vel. Bling, are you coming?

Massimo: Bling and I are gonna stay for awhile, Mama. I'm going to teach him about digsites.

Tyelis: It's so cool to finally meet another kid with pointy ears like me!
Unknown girl: Same here! What's your name?
Tyelis: I'm Tyelis Medivh. What's your name?
Unknown girl: My name's Marissa.
Tyelis: What's your family name, Marissa?
Marissa: Oh, my family name? That's a secret.

Massimo: Dude, you better hope and pray that Mama never sees that little girl.
Bling: What little girl? 

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Mossimo's Fatherhood: Ninja Blues (08/04)
« Reply #252 on: August 04, 2017, 04:23:21 PM »
Wait...is Marissa...Bling didn't...you don't mean...huh, not sure what to think of that.
So, another lovely update!  Serena is just overall awesome and I'm enjoying how wonderfully she is raising her kids (criticizing their poor taste in picking projects that she picked for them and then blatantly refusing to help with said boring project for example).
Vel is going to be an awesome ninja!!  If she chooses to get the ninja outfit, does she actually switch into a ninja outfit?  That would be kind of awesome.  Just sayin'.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 6.54 Return of the Rival Dynasties (08/06)
« Reply #253 on: August 06, 2017, 05:26:45 AM »
@PeregrineTook
I'm going to miss the particular combination of sims. And I never figured out why Serena shows so little enthusiasm for parenting!
As for Velannia's decision to become a ninja, I think the different decision branches only affect the child's character values. And by the way, the in-game ninja costume is so ugly!
The Sims 4 devs need to watch a good ninja anime (like Naruto or Basilisk) then redesign the ninja costumes!

Hello folks! Yes, we have returned to our regular programming.
Although I never experimented with teenage children in the side-story "Mossimo's Fatherhood," I've tired of playing four jobless (but gorgeous) adults with four children.
Moss and Massimo got their romantic date, too, so I'm returning to this Rival Dynasties Challenge. Let me know if you're interested in seeing the four children as teens. I'm happy to oblige by ageing them up.

To help both you and me remember just where we left this Rival Dynasties Challenge, here's a recap.

Final Week 5 Comparison

Mina: The Zanna vampire line has pulled slightly ahead of my Dinero Mansion Baron line, but we all know that their lead won't last!

• Total Museum Value: Zanna/$69,997 > Dinero/$66,661 > Soma/$57,709     
   • Career Progress: #1 Dinero/Tech Guru (4), #2 Zanna/Culinary (3), #2 Soma/Politician (3)
   • Birth of Gen4 heirs: Sunday of Week 6 for all dynasties

Mina:  As you can see, all three Gen3 heirs moved out last week, so nine out of the fifteen Newcrest lots are currently occupied.
I really can't imagine one line moving far enough ahead to purchase a sixth lot!

And now that we are now more or less reoriented, let's begin!

6.54  Mina Dinero (1/4): Return of the Rival Dynasties!

Previously in Week 5:
   • Mina makes a last-minute decision to move out after midnight Sunday;
   • She moves to the 30x30 Tranquil Crescent lot, right across the street from the founder Daniela Dinero;
   • Her new household consists of her boyfriend Krishna Bheeda, his father Arun, and her twin brothers Jagger and Alfonso.
   • Busy, busy, busy! While Mina and Krishna retire to the master bedroom, the twin toddlers get their birthday notices.
   • Arun bakes a birthday cake to age Jagger and Alfonso to children so Mina and Krishna can get started on bringing in the next Dinero heir.

Week 6/Sunday

Mina: I have been waiting so long to hold our newborn nooboo!
You may remember I moved out in a frantic rush last week, so I never had time to eat my carrots.
And so we have a daughter instead of the son we'd planned on. I can't decide what to do.

Lately, I've been wondering if the mother's skintone has the strongest influence. Or is just random?
My green grandmother had a single greenboo, but my non-green mother had one greenboo (me) and the non-green twins.
And I've had a single greenboo. If our child remains female, though, we'll have to completely overhaul our plans for the next two generations.  Hmmmm….

Oh, I almost forgot to introduce her! Everyone, meet Mint!

Arun: I understand why Mina wants to start out with a barely furnished but complete shell, but this is absurd!
We have less than $3,000 in household funds!

Krishna: No problem, Papa! Mina can sell off the rest of her fish and harvests!
Plus you and me can start writing and publishing books. But Papa….

Arun: Yes, son?
Krishna: I know your pride's hurt about Mama flirting with that vampire Caleb but you need to forgive her!
Arun: Why is that?
Krishna: Well, for one thing, we need her to paint portraits! And remember her Snaggleflusters!

Alfonso (redhead): So explain to me again why you were a Top-Notch Toddler but I was only a Happy Toddler?
Jagger (brunette): You don't remember? Grandpa Moss was raising me to marry the Gen5 vampire heir.

Alfonso: Oh, so I was raised by Grandma Aaradhya? And who am I gonna marry?
Jagger: I haven't heard the adults gossiping about that, but I hear the Gen4 Soma heir will be a boy.
Alfonso: So if I play my cards right, I have a chance to marry a female Gen5 Soma heir?
Jagger: Yep, and don't forget to kiss up to Watchette!

Jessminder: Well, well, well! Look who Mina just invited back into the Dinero dynasty club!
I knew Mina would choose my awesomeness over Arun's pride.

And what's with the double standard, anyway? Caleb is allowed to run around chatting up all the women with impunity!
And as much as I love Moss Dinero, he gets away with murder as well.
Moss remains married yet he's been having a very public fling with that Massimo Zanna!

And me? I'm exiled to an unplayed household after only flirting and embracing Caleb! Sheesh!

Krishna: Thanks for coming over, Mama. So, will you move in with us?
Jessminder: Hmmph, I knew y'all couldn't forget about my painting and Snaggleflusters!

Krishna: Mama, you really need to get over yourself! First of all, I want you and Papa to stay together and I want my child to spend time with you both.
Second, don't you dare ever take Papa for granted again! His love and devotion for you are vaster than the skies above!

Jessminder: You're so right, Krishna. A woman couldn't wish for a better husband. I need to apologize…
Krishna: You can do that later. Now, we need to finish planting the garden.

Mina: Oh c'mon, Watchette! Just let me go downstairs and work on the garden with everyone else!
Ugh, you dropped your queue four times to head for the garden, but you must NOT garden!

Mina: And why not? Gardening is awesome!
Right, but we're saving Gardening for a future heir. And anyway, you've joined the Tech Guru career! You need to learn to program, girl!
You need to get to Level 4 for your next promotion so you can't use the Wishing Well before then.

Mina (sighs): Okay then. By the time I reach Level 4 Programming, we might even be able to afford a Wishing Well!

Jagger (brunette): So, what's the deal with all these ugly pink dinosaur paintings, bro?
Alfonso (redhead): Oh those? I bet sis is working on her Mansion Baron aspiration.

Jagger: Oh yeah, that would explain it! They seem so out of place in this Focused Room, yo!
Alfonso: You know she's going to replace them with the expensive stuff once the coin starts rolling in!

Jung: Hey, Father-in-Law, I hear you took a little vacay from this challenge with Moss Dinero!
Massimo: Wow, news really travels fast! But yeah, it was heavenly, Son-in-Law! You should see our kids!

Jung: Wut!? You and Moss even had kids? But what about Vitoria?
Massimo: Well, of course, she remains the Zanna heir in this challenge. Nothing changes that. But Jung?

Jung: Yes?
Massimo: You know what will happen to you and your family jewels if I ever hear you're stepping out on Vitoria, right?
Jung: You can rest assured that I only have eyes for your daughter, sir!

Jessminder: What a miracle to be holding my grandchild in my arms like this!
Weeks ago, Watchette, you promised to let me hold Krishna's child if my family moved in with Moss.
You still remember that promise?

Jessminder: Of course! What mother could forget a promise like that!?
But never had I imagined that my grandchild would become the next Dinero heir!

Caleb, you dawg! Heck you doing!? You just happen to be fishing behind Jessminder's new home? *glares

Caleb: Don't think I enjoy this life I lead as a honey trap! It's been forced on me!
It's been my wife Serena's idea that I go around and weaken the marital foundations of our rival households.
If it hadn't been Serena's idea, don't you think she would have thrown me out by now for what appears to be my constant infidelity?

I give up! You're too cute to stay mad at for long! *throws up hands
Caleb (internally): Uh huh, I get that a lot…

Jagger (brunette): Dude, I'm the Top-Notch Toddler and we're both being mentored.
So why are you boosting Mental faster than I am?
Alfonso: I may be "only" a Happy Toddler, but I'm a Genius and you're Cheerful, remember?

Jagger: Oh yeah, it's all coming back to me now! But why am I doing Whiz Kid with you?
Alfonso: Think about it! If we could mentor Logic AND Painting, folks be throwing their daughters at us!

Mina: It's so great having Jessminder in the house, lemme tell ya!
After drinking the Snagglefluster she mixed me, I quickly reach Level 4 Programming.
But after buying the Wishing Well, there's no cash left for my offering.

However, just before leaving for work, Jessminder paints a masterpiece which I sell immediately.
Double thanks to Jessminder! After my $5k offering, the Well grants me a full promotion!

Krishna: After night falls, Mina and I throw a wedding party at San Myshuno's Center Park.
I exchange simple vows with my ravishing bride in front of a small group of guests.

Mina: Our watcher is so predictable!
Krishna: What do you mean?
Mina: She struggles to capture the perfect moment as you and I stand before the wedding arch.

Krishna: Yes, she apparently snapped then rejected close to a dozen screenshots of us.
Mina: And yet she is able to perfectly time the shot of the twins' arrival at our wedding!
Moss: Who could argue that my boys are looking fly?

Mina: While inviting our wedding guests, I was struck at how few sims I know.
Besides my parents and grandparents, I could only invite nanny Daichi and a few former high-school classmates.

Moss: I'm happy to notice my little protégé Jagger introducing himself to Vitoria Zanna.
They seem to be getting along well.

Moss: Need I remind you, son, that your objective is to marry the Gen5 Zanna heir?
Set your sights on Vitoria Zanna's future grand-daughter, not on Vitoria!
Jagger: But she's so pretty!

Daniela: Well, I see you've completed all the requirements to make this a gold-medal wedding party!
Mina: Yes, now that the gold medal's in the bag, I can sit and chat with you.
Thank you so much for coming to our wedding, Grandma Daniela.

Daniela: Of course, your grandfather and I are here for you, dearest.
And by the way, I see your dynasty club has only six members now. Add me?

Mina: As soon as I get home, I change my clothes and head straight for the well.
Oh dear, my offering results in an orange glow. That can't be good! What shall I do now?

I opt to make a second $5,000 offering and this time the Well glows green! Phew!
The Well guarantees me a promotion at the end of tomorrow's work shift.

Pretty sweet, right? I'll be ending my first day of work with a promotion to Level 6 Development Captain!

Krishna: My father, on the other hand, goes directly downstairs to the garden.
I'm surprised that our garden is already ready for grafting!

Arun: I'm all for spacious living quarters, but I still find underground gardens to be depressingly dreary.
I much prefer gardening outdoors! Even a rooftop garden beats a basement garden!

Krishna: We bring this very long first day to a close by flexing our yet untested parenting muscles!
Mina: What's with your pained facial expressions? We're just teaching you to say please and thank you!

Jagger: I see what you two are doing here! Alfonso and I are your guinea pigs until Mint ages up!

Krishna: That's not true, Jagger! Like me, you and Alfonso won't ever be aged up early!
So you both have the time to earn some extra character traits!
Mina (whispers): But Krishna, how did these two figure out that we'll be experimenting on them?

Current Status of the Dineros

Gen3 Heir: Mina Dinero
*Completed Bloodline Requirements
   Reward traits: Pro Slacker, Connections, Carefree, Frugal
*Incomplete Bloodline Requirements:
   Three gold-medal parties: Wedding party (need 2 more)
   Mansion Baron aspiration: Tier III of IV
   Career: Tech Guru (Level 5)

Gen4 Heir: Mint Dinero
*Completed Move-Out Requirements: None
  Toddler skills: (Level ? Potty, Level ? Thinking and Imagination) *Incomplete Move-Out Requirements:
  Childhood Aspiration: (Artistic Prodigy)
  Teen Job: not yet
   "A" in high school: n/a
   Portrait: not yet
  Unique Skills: none
  Unique Aspiration: n/a
  Collection: none
   Good Friends: (Daniela Dinero; 3 more)
   Enemies: (Soma and Zanna)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 6.54 Return of the Rival Dynasties (08/06)
« Reply #254 on: August 06, 2017, 10:28:49 AM »
Hahaha, the guinea pig children and the whole bit with the boys grooming themselves to be wife-bait!  Good heavens!  Such good stuff.
Jagger has excellent taste in women, by the way.  Vitoria is amazing!  And Massimo's threat to Jung.  Oh heavens!  Such beautiful hypocrisy!
All in all, another lovely update  :=)