Author Topic: cas.fulleditmode!!  (Read 13974 times)

Offline Fatbat

• Nooboo
  • Hooked on sims
cas.fulleditmode!!
« on: March 28, 2017, 12:31:49 AM »
HI there all!  ;D
I have a question about the cas.fulleditmode! Every time I do this with my sims regardless if they are normal or vampires, sorry I don't play with the aliens they freak me out to much  lol and you change all their traits including the aspiration, when you're in mod you can see the traits are there & when you're back out you can see the traits too however, if switch to another sim and check out your friends list thing & click onto the sim you just changed traits with, only some of the traits are there and not the whole 3? Now call me a spacko! but I swear there's some kind of residual thing going on as well as I've experienced said same sims that I've changed traits with still display some old nasty habits I personally think if you have a cheat that's suppose to change or wipe out someones existence or memories so to speak! 1. why do said sims still display old traits 2. why doesn't it change everywhere, especially as I normally do this at the start of any game I play & I haven't interacted with others (outside). Mind you I'm only talking about sims that I've changed not ones that I've made. well, thanks for listening. I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced same said residual  :o

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
Re: cas.fulleditmode!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 04:25:50 AM »
You're right, traits removed in CAS are actually not removed. You need to use cheats to remove old traits and buffs associated with traits. Many traits have their own associated buff, which is permanent and invisible. That's why even if you cheat to remove a trait, the invisible buff associated to the old trait is still there and makes the sim behave as if it still has the old trait.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Fatbat

• Nooboo
  • Hooked on sims
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 08:47:35 AM »
Thanks Candyd  for you response! It's much appreciated lol. This is the first time ever I have played the Sims or any other game on a PC! so when you start talking about buffs n stuff wait! did you see that?   *that flew right over my head* I mainly play Caleb & Lilith Vatore, I love Caleb his such a sweetie  but I always change them, it doesn't always happen but sometimes it does & another thing that kinda creeps me out is, I swear they're looking right at me! Especially when we're at a Karaoke bar; Like am I nuts or what?  Surely it must be where I'm looking from/how I've angled my camera but it has happened!

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 09:16:07 AM »
Buffs are synonymous to moodlets. So you can see buffs associated to emotions all the time on your screen. But there are plenty of buffs that are invisible because they aren't associated to emotions, but they still matter a lot because they influence the sim's behaviors. For example, if your sim is a toddler caregiver, it has an invisible toddler caregiver buff that will push it to autonomously take care of the toddler. Same wit trait buffs. For example, a mean sim has an invisible buff that will push it to insult other sims. It's the buff associated to the mean trait that pushes the sim to be mean, rather than the mean trait itself.
That's why you need to remove the buff, and you can do it with cheat commands. Cheats can add and remove traits and buffs at will. You can even do things like transform a sim into a vampire (or an alien) or remove the vampire status instantly with a simple cheat. So it's a very convenient way to do what you wish in game.
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/cheats.php
I agree about sims looking at us, and same thing in the Sims 3 and 2 when hungry and tired sims look at you and yell at you LOL !

Offline Fatbat

• Nooboo
  • Hooked on sims
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 09:36:54 AM »
Candyd aha hahaha! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks their looking right at me phew! Really! thanks for the explanation, it really helped & hello, you said it in English! lol (not dots n dashes)  well, it seems to me  you know your sims! Like I've said before I've only played the sims on PS & Wii until now, I was crushed when Sims 4 wasn't coming out on PS I screamed *how dare they*! I bet you've seen a lot of changes from 1-4 & some huge differences. The good thing about playing the sims on other platforms is you pay once!! In my book that's a huge reason lol  ;D sorry, I love smileys

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 11:35:35 AM »
I knew it! Sims are alive and have a mind of their own! They are watching US! The devs don't know what they've created! :o *runs away screaming, arms flailing*
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Candyd

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 12:01:43 PM »
Personally, I'm not afraid of sims looking at me... We watchers are the scariest by far, even more the kind who likes to remove pool ladders or make plenty of bad pufferfish nigiri  ;D I wouldn't like roles to be reversed  :o

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Fatbat

• Nooboo
  • Hooked on sims
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 02:07:59 PM »
Candyd To right it wouldn't be that great if roles were reversed but hey! I know a place where you can go if you're into that lol Isn't it called Big Brother! While I have you here, is there by any chance you've grown or had dealings with a cow plant? I myself haven't grown one but all these cow plants came with a house I got from the gallery but here's the thing! Are you ready? I think I killed em all lol  yeah! I'm pretty sure I did  well I started feeding them then the next minute they had pieces of cake hanging outta their mouths lol   the thing is I didn't know what to do with the cakes & I sure wasn't going anywhere near em to take a chunk of cake!!  cos really I thought if I did they'd eat me, then I'd have to start my game all over again aha hahaha! So, wait for it! I've got a yard full of skeleton cow plants reminding me that I'm a killer. Mind you, my sim had 10 of gardening but she couldn't bring it back to life or do anything & when you put the cursor over the dead thing it says to call a professional gardener lol Anyhow, I did & guess wot? Nothing! All I copped was the bill for the gardene?  So uhmmm does that mean they're definitely dead? *I'm a killer*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 06:08:52 PM »
@Fatbat  section on cowplant just scroll down till you see it. Carl's guide to gardening  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Fatbat

• Nooboo
  • Hooked on sims
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 02:56:17 AM »
Thank-you playalot for your response, sorry if I've offended you in anyway shape or form. It's not my intention to upset anyone :'(! In saying that, I'm not directly pointing any fingers at anyone in particular *roll around laughing*! I am a responsible person who owns their actions. I appreciate all the help & responses I get! And I have a great sense of humour But, really! Stop telling me my spelling is wrong it's NOT, I'm not American... *as she says rolling her eyes*! Now, where were we? Thanks again & I will be off to check that out

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 07:44:57 PM »
@Fatbat  Umm? No you haven't offended me!! I often just pop in and post a quick reply with links etc if that is what you are referring to? Busy busy!  :)

Offline Fatbat

• Nooboo
  • Hooked on sims
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 03:30:35 AM »
Playalot *laugh out loud*! my last post wasn't actually directed at you silly billy it's kinda there for anyone to see. I'm not going to name, names but I received an email about my posts! Need I say anymore!! I personally know that I haven't said anything to upset little lone insult! In any of my posts....Have I? No, I'm confident that i haven't! *as she stares at her laptop & grins* by the way thanks for that link however, it didn't really help. There were some interesting things in there though unfortunately, I was hoping I could bring my cow plants back to life; with some magic or potion or whatever. That's not to be *as I sit weeping into my tissue*! I have a question? My vampire died today, the poor soul lost his life to the Sun while on patrol with work. I don't understand why he died! He was halfway to becoming a Grand Master and he had all of the Sun protection thing? Very strange indeed, it has never happened before this. That's not normal surely! Is it? :-\ anyway my game ended as he was the only one in the household which I understand. oh! another thing, I tried to go to his place of residence more or less to rebuild it for other sims but it won't let me! It doesn't recognize that he no longer exists. Is that because he was a vampire? As you can't seem to be married by a wedding arch either. I've always had to elope if I wanted to get married unless I was marrying a normal sim, then they organized everything. Poor soul-less creatures *as I wipe a tear from my eye* I'm interested in what you think about that anyhow, I shut down the game and rebooted my laptop sometimes that helps

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 04:00:57 PM »
@Fatbat  Sounds like the death by sunlight was a glitch if your vamp had all three levels of sunlight immunity. The wedding arch glitch is a known bug and has an official bug report here. Also remember that you can always quit without saving when needed if you have been saving your game regularly so as to ensure you would not lose to much game time.

As to being PM-ed about your smiley use, yes I know about that. We are a small community with high standards here and behind the scenes all the moderators work together to ensure our forum stays friendly but coherent. We have rules about grammar, punctuation and font use and yes about using too many emojis too as they can be annoying for other users when they are used excessively. I have to edit my own posts often as I am rather fond of ellipses and use them incorrectly when a simple comma would do. We also try not to allow txt-type abbreviations to remain on the forum.  I guess these rules may seem archaic but they do allow us to maintain a polite and tidy forum. I hope you will enjoy your time here and find answers to your questions as well as enjoying a laugh with like minded simmers.

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2017, 12:28:13 PM »
You're right, traits removed in CAS are actually not removed. You need to use cheats to remove old traits and buffs associated with traits. Many traits have their own associated buff, which is permanent and invisible. That's why even if you cheat to remove a trait, the invisible buff associated to the old trait is still there and makes the sim behave as if it still has the old trait.

Is this only the in-game CAS, or the CAS before a New Game?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2017, 05:33:38 PM »
@Puppetmaster1  All traits once the sim has left CAS after being created for the first time, are not fully removed using the cas.fulleditmode on cheat. You have to use the traits.remove_trait <traitnameNoSpaces>.

This is useful though if you want your sim to have more than the standard 3 traits as removing one in CAS once in-game allows you to still have the buffs associated with the removed trait while also getting the buffs from the newly added trait in many circumstances.

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2017, 06:04:04 PM »
Does this apply to Sims I download of the gallery and place using from Manage Worlds since it gives me full editing capabilities normally?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 08:21:28 PM »
Yes, premade sims that you download can also have 'left-over' buffs with any previous traits that may have been removed by you on first downloading them or by the original maker etc. This is why in challenges/competitions brand new cas made sims are required. If the sim has never been played and so is a newly made sim in CAS and then you download it... well, I would think that changing the traits wouldn't matter but changing the aspiration trait might.

Some traits don't really seem to leave behind anything much but there are hidden attributes associated with various aspirations traits too so changing those can change how your sim reacts or skills up etc. You can see this in some abilities. For example some sims can knock out Best Seller after Best Seller but others, with seemingly the same traits, really struggle. Much like collecting and fishing, changing the aspiration around even in a new sim while in CAS can have different effects on game play.

It was all explained to me in technical terms, but seeing as I am not particularly technical I have really butchered this reply and explanation. Sorry 'bout that.

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 08:30:11 PM »
You're answer is perfect.

It seems like the dev's should have made it an easy option to download or create a "clean" Sim.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 08:53:53 PM »
I wish the devs would come clean to the 'secrets' of their coding. I would really like to know what exactly makes a human sim 'delicious' to a vamp so that they get the divine drink moodlet. I can create such pairings in CAS but, again, even with identical sims it doesn't always work. I'd also like to be able to make a sim that loves fruitcake as it is just such a handy food to have your sim love as it never spoils and gives a good moodlet.

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 12:47:25 PM »
I was wondering the same thing. I wanted to give the trait to the humans I have living with some of my vamps.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 03:54:30 PM »
I have a Sim in my main family who loves fruitcake.  I'm not sure why she does, but she's maxed many aspirations.  However, I think she's loved fruitcake for a long time --- even before I turned aging off.  Her traits are: genius, ambitious and good.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 07:41:44 PM »
My fruitcake loving sims have been outdoor, dance machine (teen), jealous creative music-lover, evil jealous confident, there just is no pattern, unfortunately.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2017, 02:56:30 AM »
That's O.K., but I wondered if there was a pattern because the rest of my main family hates fruitcake, and all of the adults have the same traits as the Sim who loves it.  However, it would be cool if there were a pattern :).

If you don't want food to spoil and none of your current Sims don't like fruitcake, have them complete the Master Chef aspiration to get the Fresh Chef reward trait.  Everyone will get good moodlets from the food, as well.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 03:42:32 AM »
Completing the Master Chef aspiration is a good one for sure, loving fruitcake is instant though so this makes it even better especially for a teen runaway play through etc

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2017, 03:57:58 AM »
I didn't think of that challenge, but that totally makes sense :P!

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2017, 01:03:03 PM »
Has anyone tried the traits.remove_trait X cheat this build?

I just started playing again, was trying to create some new Sims, and for some reason am having an issue removing their old traits with the cheat.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2017, 03:18:43 PM »
I haven't but there was always some traits that could never be fully removed like Creative and at time Romantic. Twistedmexi has a list of the traits here (click) as some of the names might be slightly different to in-game.

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2018, 12:29:58 AM »
I just came across the cheat traits.clear_traits which appears to get rid of all traits.

anything