Author Topic: Making Patterns: Tips for Beginners and Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 10071 times)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: Making Patterns: Tips for Beginners and Frequently Asked Questions
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2013, 09:41:57 PM »
That looks great, GoslettM! Unfortunately, I'm not sure that I can help you. I always look for ways to make patterns more recolourable, not the other way around, so I'm sadly lacking in techniques to do the latter. Having more options is in no way a deficit though, and I'm sure you'd do fine if you uploaded the pattern as-is (most people probably wouldn't want to recolour the babies anyway, especially if you said not to).

Offline gothceltgirl

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2017, 04:31:30 PM »
Two questions:

1. If I just paste an image in, will it be recolourable?
2. How do you take screenshots in CAP?

1. If the image has some colour in it (as in, it's not completely black and white), you'll be able to change the colour slightly in-game. It just won't be fully recolourable. 

2. Easy. If you look at the top row of your keyboard, you should see a button that says "PrtSc" (for "Print Screen"). Just hit that button, and it'll take a screenshot that you can paste into Paint.  :)

Print Screen doesn't work. I tried the usual Cntrl + PrtSc, then tried PrtSc on its own, still nada, when I paste into Paint, I get a blank page, CAP Screenshot.jpg really had hoped that this would work for me. But it isn't for some reason.  :(

I tried to insert it, I hope it worked.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2017, 10:47:26 PM »
We investigated the issue and found PrtSc key doesn't work properly when CAP is in full screen mode. Try turning off fullscreen in the Options menu and you should be able to take a screenshot with the PrtSc key.
New Members, Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * -- Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline gothceltgirl

• Nooboo
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2017, 07:03:46 PM »
I just replied, or thought I did, but it's not here, now. I was about to edit it, so anyway, I did it, it works. Thank you so much. This makes me so happy!  ;D
Black Shamrock.jpg

Offline gothceltgirl

• Nooboo
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2017, 06:46:27 PM »
So now there seems to be another issue. My patterns install and download to my game as patterns, but when I shared them earlier they show up in The Exchange as "Objects" so strange. What gives? Solve one riddle just to have another one come up. Ugh!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2017, 10:41:40 PM »
I'm not sure what to do for Exchange problems. I don't use it and it doesn't seem to have a lot of support these days.

You can upload patterns you make to our Sims 3 SwapShop

Here's how to do that:

1.) Go to this board linked below -

Sims 3 Patterns
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?board=24.0

2.) Create a New Topic about your pattern. (Click the New Topic Button on the right top - Just above the stickied posts.)

3.) Give some details about the pattern.

4.) Share some photos of the pattern, if you'd like. (The link below can help with sharing photos.)

Topic: Sharing Photos on the Forum
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22892.msg403211#msg403211

5.) Go down under your post where you see the words Attachments and other Options. Click that to open it up.

6.) Attach the file - Click the Browse button, and browse to where you store your Sims 3 files. Usually you find the files in the Sims 3 Export folder.

Go to: ----> Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Exports

Look for the file you want to share. Select it, and click Open. The file should now be attached and will be added to your post as a downloadable file.

How To: Export Files
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20751.msg380782#msg380782
New Members, Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * -- Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *