Author Topic: Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack  (Read 13313 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack
« on: May 15, 2017, 02:56:48 PM »
This is the next game pack for the Sims 4 and it's called Sims 4 Family Game Pack.

Here is the teaser trailer on the official Sims Twitter feed.
https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/864163490378002433

If you can't see it, SimsVIP has uploaded it to Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtqRXMd8rUM

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 01:33:29 PM »
Source:  The Sims.com

Become a Better Sim Parent with The Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack!

Gather around for a family meeting. We have some big things to discuss about the household. Why is that? Well, today we’re thrilled to show off The Sims™ 4 Parenthood Game Pack*, which releases globally for PC and Mac via Origin™ on May 31, 2017.

This is very exciting for us as its been a major community request, which is more, and deeper family focused game play. With toddlers finally in Simmer homes everywhere, we knew this was the perfect time to take a look at your Sim’s home to see which stories you haven’t yet told.

The Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack adds a few significant features that will change daily life. Your Sim’s offspring will be more ill-behaved than ever, with rebellious teenagers and toddlers who chomp down on their siblings. But don’t worry! The new Parenting Skill gives the adults in the room a way to set these problems upright.

And it doesn’t stop there! Parenting has long term consequences, which leads us to the new Character Values Traits. If your Sims take the time to teach their children good manners, like setting the table, and trying to not burp, swear, or fart, they can grow up with new Traits that will positively affect their lives forever. Or, if they don’t do these things, well, there are Traits with consequences of another stripe...

It isn’t all serious life-changing decisions though. Children will bring home new school projects to work on after class with parents and siblings as well. These create permanent, hilarious objects, like erupting volcanoes and backyard rockets. Future medical professionals can practice their stethescoping skills on teddy bears. Plus, new clothing styles and the perfect household items to really make the home look like, well, the home of your story.

The Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack is the perfect addition to your Sim’s home that will help you tell new stories that really get to the heart of your Sims. It’s hilarious, serious, touching, and silly, all in one home shaped box. Be sure to check out The Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack on PC and Mac via Origin on May 31, 2017.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack Official Trailer
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 01:36:08 PM »
Here is the official trailer for Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIW6kougM6w

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 03:57:23 PM »
I so can't wait for this. I have seen so much new game play and the looks from those teens!!! WOW!!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 08:54:37 AM »
I want this in my game right now. Some additional information I've picked up from the official forum:

You'll be able to buy the school projects as well as get them from school. They can turn out bad, okay, or awesome.

The volunteer activities mentioned in the parenting quiz will be in-game. They'll be rabbit-holes (I wasn't really expecting a soup kitchen), and you'll be able to make choices while your Sims are at them, like the rocket adventures, I think.

The parenting skill will be a full 10 levels, and you can gain skill from on-line forums.

You can set curfews, ground teens, and yes, they can break curfew with consequences.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 11:38:39 AM »
The pack looks good. I hope the various new behaviors are tied to traits. For example, neat kids and teens should not be belching or making a mess. "Good" teens should be kind to their siblings and be less defiant, cheerful Sims less moody, and so on. I would buy this pack just for the new kitchen and bath items, regardless.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Marsh_Mallow

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 12:27:07 PM »
This looks like a lot of fun and will no doubt enrich gameplay! I can't wait :)
"The power of imagination makes us infinite." - John Muir

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 02:04:02 PM »
In my main family, I have 2 children (I turned aging off, so they will always be children.)  Do you guys think, from what is available about this pack so far, that children will not only get fun new animations, as well as school projects, but become angry or mean more often? 

For example, the 2 children in my main family are whiz kid/geniuses, and most of the time, they do what they should --- aside from little things, such as playing with toys before their homework is done --- which is fine and normal for children.  Anyway, they hardly ever misbehave (I caught them a couple of times when they were about to call Uni names, etc.) 

My question is, do you think my whiz kid/geniuses will change negatively, if I buy this pack?

Otherwise, it looks like a very exciting addition to TS4.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 03:47:36 PM »
Marian --- What you posted sounds awesome!  I guess we'll find out more later on, but this is a great start. 

I was still wondering about what I posted above, if anyone knows --- if not, obviously, no worries 8).

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 07:30:32 PM »
I don't think you'll see any negative changes per say coolsims. More that there will be more game play around the interactions that are available for parent sims towards their offspring.

I think that from what we know so far that the 'negative' consequences' may come once the children have aged up and gain their Character Values trait as it seems that poorly parented children gain a some what 'negative' one.

Going from the weight of the traits we have so far in the game, they are probably easily over-come with positive moodlets anyway if your sim ends up with a value trait you don't like.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 07:55:51 PM »
Thanks so much, Play!  I feel really excited about this pack now.  I guess I was just a tiny bit worried about my favorite/main Sim family's children.  The whole family gets along so well!  It will be great if they have even more choices of activities, though 8).

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 08:05:51 PM »
I know what you mean coolsims. I'm playing a family with a teen that I just totally adore and part of me so doesn't want to see him get all moody and temperamental lol. It will be interesting to see how this pack goes. I'm not really hyped about it at all but then again family play usually for me means 3 days as a baby and then the equivalent of 50 years as a teen! I hate the game play around children right now as it's so boring so maybe this pack will alleviate this. I'm totally more into vampires and so called 'deviant' play right now. My mean, evil, jealous vampire is just the bees knees.  ;)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 09:26:31 PM »
I know what you mean coolsims. I'm playing a family with a teen that I just totally adore and part of me so doesn't want to see him get all moody and temperamental lol. It will be interesting to see how this pack goes. I'm not really hyped about it at all but then again family play usually for me means 3 days as a baby and then the equivalent of 50 years as a teen! I hate the game play around children right now as it's so boring so maybe this pack will alleviate this. I'm totally more into vampires and so called 'deviant' play right now. My mean, evil, jealous vampire is just the bees knees.  ;)
I hope your teen doesn't change too much --- maybe if his parents max the parenting skill he'll change less!  I've never played an evil character.  I let a Sim play with a voodoo doll once (level 3 mischief,) but I got scared after about 10 seconds (I don't like scary movies, etc :P, so I don't have Vampires or Spooky stuff.) 

If you're looking for new ideas for children before this pack comes out, I had my 2 Sim children read the first volume of the programming books, which they enjoyed quite a bit because they're genius/whiz kids, and the "family business" is start-up genius.  I think some of their ancestors' genes rubbed off on them.  I've also had them read the first volume of the handiness books and the writing books.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2017, 04:18:47 PM »
Source:  The Sims.com

Learn All About Character Values in The Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack

Hey Simmers! We don’t expect you to fully join the family without knowing more details about The Sims™ 4 Parenthood Game Pack, which is why we’re here today to discuss Character Values.

Young Sims growing up are still trying to figure out how to become productive adults and their Parents are there to help guide them down the right road by instilling strong Character Values. Or, if your Sims are more ambivalent in their parenting, their children’s weak Character Values will manifest into their (probably miserable) adulthood. What’s so great about this feature is that it represents how your Sims play, and there’s so much diversity in the outcomes that you can play The Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack for generations.

We’re going to discuss how your Sims can guide (or ignore) their children in a future blog, but today, we want to discuss Character Values. Specifically, the outcome. There are five different Character Values, each with a positive and negative outcome. The five Character Values are Manners, Responsibility, Conflict Resolution, Empathy, and Emotional Control.
As soon as Sims age up from Babies to Toddlers, their Character Values appear in their Simology panel. When Sims age up from Teenagers to Young Adults, their Character Values disappear and the Sims are given permanent Traits that reflect their upbringing.

The Character Values are representations of your young Sims activities. As they perform activities that are positively associated with a Character Value, it’ll increase their positive access. If Sim parents encourage and praise these behaviors, that will also increase it. However, when Sims perform negative activities that are negatively associated with a Character Value, or a parent praises these activities, it has the opposite effect.

How about an example?

Let’s say a Sim mother wants her child to have good Manners. She might teach her child to Say Please and Thank you, or Set the Table. And she’ll likely discipline any bad manners her child exhibits. But perhaps, you’re more interested in a young, ill-mannered rogue? Your Sim’s child may start Swearing, or will wantonly burp and fart around the household. And if not curbed, these can have a permanent effect!

Let’s continue this example. Let’s say this child becomes a teenager, then a Young Adult. Their Character Values are set! If the mother didn’t curb the negative behaviors, the child will gain the Bad Manners Trait. This will unlock new socials, like Point Out Flaws, for one. The Sim will have Whims to Swear, indicating their personal desires to act with bad manners. They’ll also change their autonomous behavior, such as preferring Rude interactions, or failing to clean the dishes.

But, perhaps the mother did invest her time into creating a well-mannered child? Then, they earn the Good Manners Trait. Sims with this Trait always clean up dishes, act politely when introducing themselves to others, and never act rudely on their own. They build Friendships more quickly and, if they have to fart, they only do it in certain circumstances...

Beyond this, all Character Values lead to new Chance Cards catered to Sims based on their Traits - which means you’ll be making tough choices for your Sims throughout their lives based on their upbringing. It’s exciting and full of humor, unexpected twists, and is the perfect opportunity or new stories.

Character Values are such a great Sims feature. They’re the perfect combination of serious and silly consequences based on your choices and the stories you tell. With five Character Values, and two Traits for each, there is so much variety in how your Sims grow up, which means you can play The Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack for so many generations.

What stories will you tell? Which bad behaviors will your Sims scold? What behaviors will they praise?

These choices, and more, are yours to make when The Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack ships worldwide on May 30, 2017 on Origin for PC and Mac.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 04:23:33 PM »
There is a new trailer available on Youtube:

The Sims 4 Parenthood: Parenting Official Gameplay Trailer

Offline Ynde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 09:46:28 AM »
This looks really cool to me. I usually micro-manage my sims, so I may have to intentionally allow a little more autonomy to fully appreciate the changes. I am curious about the brief mention of sibling rivalry--I've noticed that in the current game child sims seem to somewhat randomly either be happy or unhappy about a new baby. If that's the mechanic that's been expanded into either friendship or rivalry, I'd rather have more control over which way it goes.

Offline Sannara

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 10:12:36 PM »
Hmm...I'm currently playing an orphaned teen. Wonder how this will effect her?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2017, 05:36:59 AM »
Hmm...I'm currently playing an orphaned teen. Wonder how this will effect her?
I think teens/children can develop some of the new values by themselves so it may actually add to the challenge in a really interesting way. Fingers crossed anyway!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 07:17:11 AM »
OMG! I so want this!!!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2017, 02:31:42 AM »
First page of Carl's Guide to Parenthood Game Pack is up. More to come on Tuesday.

Guide to Parenthood Game Pack

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2017, 07:56:52 AM »
I watched the livestream on Friday. They showed 2 different households -- one messy and out-of-control, the other well-behaved, for the most part. Both households had the same set of Sims.

Some things I remember from the messy household -- the parents had 3 ways of handling bad behavior -- calm, firm, and strict. So a toddler making a mess could be asked not to, told not to, or yelled at. The teen had a journal, which she kept hidden in her bed. Writing in the journal helped with emotional control (might help with other things, too). But when her younger sister found her journal and snooped in it, that made her mad and they quarreled. The younger sister destroyed the teen's science project. I  can't remember what the punishment was.

Over in the "good" household, they showed the child sister setting the table, the rocket being launched (the best rocket comes back to earth in 2 stages and you can launch it again). You can decide how the child works on a project -- sloppily or well or with assistance.
They showed the family bulletin board. Besides setting curfew, you can also have your Sims post notes and the children can add drawings they've done. At the end, they had the teen break curfew and get scolded about it. She was aged up before they quit so we could see what trait she got.

As for traits, each value has a U shape underneath. At the top of either end, there's a dark area, so if your teen is in the green or red in that area, they get the trait. Otherwise, there's no new trait.

This is definitely going to add a lot to family play. I'm thinking about moving to "long" for my Sims' age length.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2017, 08:23:56 AM »
The younger sibling had the punishment of not being allowed to play with toys for 1 day. The gurus directed her behavior and made her play with a toy, so breaking her ban and interestingly the father further disciplined her autonomously.

I like that as the adult sim improves in the parenting skill that more 'Parenting' interactions are unlocked and the fact that at least a few new teen-to-teen socials have been added. Not sure about the 'brag about woohoo' one tho! A bit too reminiscent of the Bro trait for me!

Not very keen on the new walk style the gurus showed off for the teens when they are having a Mood Phase (I think that was what they were called) but I imagine you can use testingcheats to remove the moodlet and so get rid of the walk style asap if writing in the journal doesn't deplete the countdown quickly enough.

The bulletin board in some ways seems quite like the notice board in apartments in the way that notes can be left and read etc. But I guess expanded to include curfews etc of which there were 3 set times you could choose. 7pm, 9pm or 11pm. The curfews seemed to include the entire family so I don't think you can set separate curfews for different children.

One thing I'm pretty keen on is the packed lunch bag which can be taken to work too. Sims will eat this when they are hungry at school/work and get a happy moodlet. I can see this being a good way to speed up the morning routine (no need to eat breakfast) and also giving the sims a moodlet boost to prolong the correct moodlet for work or school. Could be quite a good strategic bit of game play maybe.

If you missed the Live Stream you can watch the replay on https://www.twitch.tv/thesims

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2017, 04:24:17 PM »
I'm just wondering if anyone knows if school projects, such as the rocket ship and volcano may be completed at a generic lot --- in this case, there's an empty house to which my Sims could travel in my main game.  I just want to be cautious, so that my main family's house doesn't catch on fire :o!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2017, 06:24:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure they could. They go into sims inventories so probably will have the 'place in world' interaction.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2017, 08:03:18 PM »
That would be great because I really don't want their house to get on fire!

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2017, 07:31:24 AM »
I can't wait until this GP is released...
This is the pack that I've been wishing and hoping that would be added to TS4 (right after toddlers) and after watching the Live Gameplay event, I know it's going to be great! :)

I really like the additional traits based on how we raise our sim kids, curfews, family projects, and the new CAS items to help make teens look more teen-like. Plus, the furniture objects look fantastic! This pack has my favorite kitchen items so far.

You can read it here from the beginning.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2017, 12:19:00 PM »
I have one more short question, does anyone know if we have to use the curfew feature?  My families like to stay out really late (if the kids are done with their homework and the adults completed their "work homework."  Therefore, I hope I don't have to use curfews.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2017, 01:08:52 PM »
I have one more short question, does anyone know if we have to use the curfew feature?  My families like to stay out really late (if the kids are done with their homework and the adults completed their "work homework."  Therefore, I hope I don't have to use curfews.

I don't think you do. I've seen the family bulletin board shown without a curfew time on it.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2017, 08:19:40 PM »
LGR's review of the Parenthood Game Pack anyone? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mLI6Sq4eFc

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2017, 10:12:34 PM »
That was an awesome review that you linked us to, Play 8).  Now, I totally can't want for it to come out tomorrow!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2017, 12:05:04 PM »
Is it just me or does it seem to earn many of the positive traits you must miss play your child and teen sims? With good play most negitive moods can be avoided in both the child sim and those around them, and fights don't happen. This would make the mediator, compassionate, and emotional control traits hard to earn without deliberate subpar play so the child sim gets in fights, is in bad moods, and seeks to put other sims in a negitive headspace with neglect. I will have to play it before I make the call but I don't think I like having to deliberately misplaying to gain negitive moods to fix, starting fights to apologize for them, and misplay my other sims so they have negitive mods to empathize with them. Seems counterproductive at first glance. As I haven't played the GP, maybe I am way off here. I guess I will have to wait and see. Unfortunately it will have to wait to buy it do to an unexpected doctors visit. :(

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2017, 12:22:55 PM »
I think that the Parenting skill (especially as it increases) is in place to ease any disagreements that toddlers, children or teens may have.  Also, in the play through by the Gurus, one family was more understanding and nurturing.  I think that a parent Sim's personality, aspirations and traits will predict how good a parent they want to be --- and they will become even better parents, as they master the new Parenting skill.

For example, in my main family, the household consists of the 2 children's grandparents, parents and aunt and uncle.  The adults are all soulmates, genius, good and ambitious.  The 2 children are whiz kid/genius.  The children hardly misbehave, and the adults very, very rarely argue.  Also, the 3 adult couples are best friends and so are the 2 children.  I really believe that already being best friends will help to alleviate any familial problems that may arise.  I also have aging off for all Sims, so if you do, and your Sims get along well now, then, I don't think this pack will affect them negatively.

I think that if your Sim family has good aspirations and traits (the ones I mentioned above or other positive aspirations and traits) and they get along most of the time, that this pack will only add a few rare times that misbehavior is a problem.  I think that it will add much great gameplay/activities for families to enjoy.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2017, 12:35:05 PM »
Is it just me or does it seem to earn many of the positive traits you must miss play your child and teen sims? With good play most negitive moods can be avoided in both the child sim and those around them, and fights don't happen. This would make the mediator, compassionate, and emotional control traits hard to earn without deliberate subpar play so the child sim gets in fights, is in bad moods, and seeks to put other sims in a negitive headspace with neglect. I will have to play it before I make the call but I don't think I like having to deliberately misplaying to gain negitive moods to fix, starting fights to apologize for them, and misplay my other sims so they have negitive mods to empathize with them. Seems counterproductive at first glance. As I haven't played the GP, maybe I am way off here. I guess I will have to wait and see. Unfortunately it will have to wait to buy it do to an unexpected doctors visit. :(

Carl has a good guide up on Character Values and how to develop both good and bad traits from them. It looks to me as if you won't have to make your children Sims behave badly to get the good traits, although they may go through phases (which are new). I don't remember all of them, but "picky eater" and "loud" are phases children can go through, and "distant" and "rebellious" are ones for teens. You won't get to pick these. They'll just happen, but they are temporary.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2017, 12:43:08 PM »
Last night, I read Carl's guide about this pack, and I think my Sims can deal with temporary phases 8)!  I guess, during a loud phase, we need to turn down our speakers and not use headphones, as well as teaching the children that they need to "use your indoor voice." :P

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2017, 01:25:03 PM »
Sorry for the lateness of this post, but as you can guess, the Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack is now available on Origin for $19.99

You can find it here: 
The Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2017, 05:15:03 AM »
I saw a Tweet where the child was going through a "Bear phase" and was dressed up as a strawberry bear :-) so freaking adorable!!!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Ynde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2017, 07:15:54 AM »
Lololol...yes, the internet is not always the best place to get parenting advice. Lots of good info, lots of horrible people who will tell you whatever you are doing is awful. No matter what it is that you are doing.

ParentingShame.jpg

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2017, 01:04:33 PM »
I was wondering if this came with an improved toddler bed because my toddlers get miserable too quickly.  If it does I might get it.
Cynthia

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2017, 05:19:40 PM »
I was wondering if this came with an improved toddler bed because my toddlers get miserable too quickly.  If it does I might get it.

There's only a couple of new outfits for toddlers.