Author Topic: Having the Skills to Pay the Bills  (Read 18031 times)

Offline Windhavyn

• Nooboo
Re: Having the Skills to Pay the Bills
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2017, 09:38:27 AM »
@Metropolis Man, thanks for clarifying that for me!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2017, 12:32:04 PM »
@Metropolis Man, thanks for clarifying that for me!

You're welcome -- but make sure you read MarianT's post too -- I had a senior moment. Lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2017, 01:14:31 PM »
Am I correct in my interpretation that I need to create at least enough items during the billing cycle to cover my bills without dipping into my household funds?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2017, 02:52:18 PM »
A clarification....

• At the start of each billing cycle each Sim chooses two new money-making skills to pursue. Skills in which you will not earn money may also be leveled.

Am I correct in my interpretation that I need to create at least enough items during the billing cycle to cover my bills without dipping into my household funds?

Anything you sell -- whether it's right after you make something or when the bill comes due -- is going into household funds, so it will be a balancing act for everyone.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2017, 04:35:47 PM »

If Sim A paints, then Sim B cannot sell Sim A's paintings, etc. If Sim B does woodworking, then Sim A cannot sell those woodworking items.

But can Sim A (painter) sell a painting made by Sim B (non-painter)? 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2017, 05:48:50 PM »

If Sim A paints, then Sim B cannot sell Sim A's paintings, etc. If Sim B does woodworking, then Sim A cannot sell those woodworking items.

But can Sim A (painter) sell a painting made by Sim B (non-painter)? 

No. Only paintings made by Sim A can be sold.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2017, 06:16:24 PM »
I am hoping this is not becoming too complicated. Having restrictions makes the event more challenging and will force players to think more. We could just say -- do whatever skills you want in any billing period...you can even repeat skills. And we'd eliminated about 8 lines of rules. Lol. But, then I fear everyone would only choose the clear profitable skills and it would be boring. But, if it does get too complicated then maybe the team can put our heads together and loosen up a bit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2017, 09:25:00 PM »
I think that choosing any skill for both Sims for the entire challenge would be better --- and not boring because more experienced challenge players would probably score higher anyway  :).  I know that I'd still have fun. 

Edit: However, what the team decides is certainly fine :)!  Your challenges are always nice to do.

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2017, 10:13:04 PM »
I'm actually hoping that the restrictions stay. Yes, it does make it more challenging, but that's what makes it interesting to me. It's going to force us to be a bit more creative with some of those less profitable skills. I know I'll be spending my lunch hours next week planning out my strategy. Of course I'll certainly abide by whatever the team thinks is best.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2017, 06:12:59 AM »
I'm assuming most players would have realized this, but assumption is a bad thing when it comes to rule sets :). Anyways, I made a clarification...

• No retail stores or restaurants allowed.

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2017, 08:34:41 AM »
To my understanding, both sims can gain any skills anytime they want but can only make money from the two designated skills (per sim). While training for the skills (not the money making ones), all items/produces can be created but not sold. Only items created with the money making skill in that specific billing cycle can be sold, right?  Regarding "If your Sims max their designated unique skills for earning money, your score multiplier goes up", do the said skills have to be maxed out DURING that specific billing cycle? Also, during moving, can the furniture be sold? 

Sorry, as I have mentioned before, I am a little slow.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2017, 08:40:03 AM »
To my understanding, both sims can gain any skills anytime they want but can only make money from the two designated skills (per sim). While training for the skills (not the money making ones), all items/produces can be created but not sold. Only items created with the money making skill in that specific billing cycle can be sold, right?  Regarding "If your Sims max their designated unique skills for earning money, your score multiplier goes up", do the said skills have to be maxed out DURING that specific billing cycle? Also, during moving, can the furniture be sold? 

Sorry, as I have mentioned before, I am a little slow.

No apology necessary - this event is a bit more complicated than is typical, so it's good to get things ironed out now instead of a month from now. :)

The answer to every question with the exception of selling furniture is yes. You cannot sell furniture since that would be income gained from a non-skill source.

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2017, 08:42:39 AM »
That was amazingly fast. Thank you  :D

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2017, 01:17:44 PM »
What about furniture that is made at a woodworking table --- if that is one of the money making skills for one of the 2 Sims in the household?  May we sell ---  that and only that --- type of furniture?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2017, 02:19:57 PM »
What about furniture that is made at a woodworking table --- if that is one of the money making skills for one of the 2 Sims in the household?  May we sell ---  that and only that --- type of furniture?

Yes -- furniture that your Sim makes can be sold.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.