Author Topic: The Took Immortal Dynasty, Completed!  (Read 159712 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
The Took Immortal Dynasty, When Love Comes Along
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2017, 07:59:19 AM »
Pippin:  We return to the Took household where Chantons is checking for a mate.

Pippin:  C'mon, that was pretty good, right?
Izumi:  No.  Just no.
Pippin:  (Sigh)  And speaking of things that sound like sigh...

Pippin:  Sai is filling his new role quite nicely.
Some Landgraab Girl:  You are such a charmer, Sai!
Sai:  Yes Sai am.
Izumi:   That's how puns are done, Pippin.
Pippin:  Psh, whatever.  Meantime, we send Chantons out with his prospective lady friends to see if he autonomously connects with any of them.

Pippin:  No.  No he doesn't.  He gravitates towards surfing the web, playing chess, or dancing.

Pippin:  Meantime, Sai ensures that the Munch household will stay populated. 
Sai:  The sacrifices I make for this family and my dearest friend Izana.
Pippin:  Izumi.
Sai:  Whatever.
Pippin:  And shortly after he puts in that effort...

Sai:  Well, guess my work here is done.
Izumi:  We'll miss you Sam.
Sai:  Sai!
Izumi:  Whatever.
Pippin:  Meantime, Chantons begins performing comedy routines just like dear old Uncle Johnny used to do.

Chantons:  And a woman needs a man
                 Like a fish needs a bicycle

Pippin:  Okay, maybe not just like Johnny, but you get the idea.  And it was while he was delivering his "comedy" that this happened.

Chantons:  I just saw her face
                 I can't forget the time or place
                 Where we just met
                 She's just the girl for me
                 And I want all the world to see we've met
                 Oooo-oo-oo oo-ooo-oo

Pippin:  Yes.  Yes that.  Robyn Bjergsen.  Daughter of...probably Otis and Elsa?  Too bad she's still a teen.

Robyn:  This one's mine.  The rest of you can leave.
Kaila:  Hey, now you just wait a...
Robyn:  You.  Can.  Leave.
Kaila:  ...yes ma'am.
Pippin:  Wow, she's deceptively intimidating!
Robyn:  They get the intimi, Chantons just gets the dating.
Pippin:  Nice one!

Chantons:  There were bells
                 on a hill
                 But I never heard them ringing
                 No, I never heard them at all
                 'til there was you

Robyn:  Yeah, that's sweet.
Sophie:  Just watch yourself, junior!  I'm chaperoning!
Robyn:  Sheesh!  Really?  This is so embarrassing!  It's not like we're going to make a baby or anything!  I mean, those nasty little goblins are disgusting!
Pippin:  Ah, the dislikes children trait.
Robyn:  Nope, the custom-designed hates children trait.  I had it imported.  Very expensive novelty trait.
Pippin:  (Sigh) Of course.  I mean, why would a dynasty spouse be expected to like kids?
Izumi:  I'll raise the baby!!!  Just as long as Kaila doesn't marry into the family I'm on board!!
Robyn:  Excellent.  Now you just need to let us adopt.
Pippin:  Sophie, can you help me out here?
Sophie:  (snores)
Pippin:   Ugh!  Elders.  Oh.  Speaking of elders, we need a new pollinator.

Gaivan:  So...and then that...because nooboos...so could?
Elvis-Looking-Elder:  I'm on board, thankyoo verimuch!
Pippin: Ooookay then.

Elvis-Looking-Elder:  Oooo mama!  You got mah heart a-racin'!
Pippin:  Umm, okay then.  Guess that's effective?

Kiana:  I can't believe I'm falling for this again.
Elvis-Looking-Elder:  And I...can't...help...falling in love...with...you.
Kiana:  Oh my!  I'm in!!
Pippin:  Ladies and gentlemen, the King has entered the building.

Pippin:  Awww, so sweet!  She's still a teen, though.
Robyn:  And still not planning to have anything to do with a baby.
Pippin:  Ummm, you know that's part of the job, right?
Robyn:  Nope.
Pippin:  I mean, I'm sure you'll love the baby since it will be yours.
Robyn:  That's not true.  That's a lie.  You're lying to me!
Pippin:  (sigh) Any chance you want to help me out here, Izumi?
Izumi:  Busy taunting Kaila right now.

Izumi:  That's right, Princess Nasty, no way you're marrying into this family!
Kaila:  I hate you.
Izumi:  Well, I guess we finally found something we agree on.
Pippin:  Wow.  Just wow.

Pippin:  Oh look, Elvis-Looking Elder is making some Pancakes!
Izumi:  Haven't we already used that joke?
Pippin:  Oh sure, now you have some time.

Pippin:  Oh, and we're making sure the Goth household stays occupied.  Young...girl who is the result of pollinating...and has a name...is the only Goth left.
Young Goth Girl:  Wow.  Glad I'm so important to you, Pippin. 
Pippin:  Hey!  Elvis-Looking Elder doesn't get a real name either and you don't hear him complaining!
Elvis-Looking Elder:  Thankyoo verimuch!
Pippin:  You're welcome!

Pippin:  And she's still a teen.
Chantons:  I have never felt like this
                 For once I'm lost for words
                 Your smile has really thrown me
                 This is not like me at all
                 I never thought I'd find
                 The kind of love you've shown me

Robyn:  Aww, that's sweet or whatever.  You're not buttering me up to try to get me on board with this whole having kids nonsense, are you?
Pippin:  No!  He's not!  (whispers) Keep it up, Chantons, I think we're wearing her down!

Elvis-Looking Elder:  Pucker up there, mama!
Pippin:  Well, let's hope she becomes a mama again.

Pippin:  And let's hope this one becomes willing to become a mama once she finishes this whole teen phase.
Robyn:  The people want a baby?  I say let zem eat cake!
Pippin:  (sigh)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, When Love Comes Along
« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2017, 08:53:16 AM »
Wonderful! The nose is back. And so are the puns -- "checking for a mate," good one! Robyn will do fine, just make sure she can't get at the dollhouse.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2017, 11:02:57 AM »
How crazy! With all his young adult options, Chantons of course falls hook, line, and sinker for a teen!  Who hates children, lol, but is veeeeerrrrry cute.

Lol, ELE (Elvis-Looking Elder) is so breezing his way through the ladies. I had one thought--might a pear-shaped pollinator produced pear-shaped progeny? I've always been too scared to test.

Thank you so much for this oh-so-charming update and its many bad puns, hahaha.
I have missed the Tooks so much!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2017, 04:43:52 PM »
This is so marvelous. I'm furious that I'm so late to the party and also mad that Rieko failed to live forever because I want to make several thousand comments about how beautiful and perfect she is. Basically I'm a ball of rage. :)
But the sprinkling of Spiffendale references gives me the warm fuzzies, so I should recover enough to be a regular and faithful reader and commenter from now on.
Man, I was all set to stump for Laurie, but that snob trait does mean she no longer qualifies for the Gemma Goth Perfect Townie seal of approval. Plus, Robyn is cuter than anything.
I love that Chantons can only communicate in song form almost as much as I love Gaivan's stammering ineloquance. Everyone's nose is my favorite. Long may it live!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2017, 08:05:51 PM »
Wonderful! The nose is back. And so are the puns -- "checking for a mate," good one! Robyn will do fine, just make sure she can't get at the dollhouse.
Glad you enjoy my horrid puns  :=)  My students enjoy them as well (sometimes with groans).
Robyn is so lovely and wonderful.  I don't actually have a dollhouse, so no worries!

How crazy! With all his young adult options, Chantons of course falls hook, line, and sinker for a teen!  Who hates children, lol, but is veeeeerrrrry cute.

Lol, ELE (Elvis-Looking Elder) is so breezing his way through the ladies. I had one thought--might a pear-shaped pollinator produced pear-shaped progeny? I've always been too scared to test.

Thank you so much for this oh-so-charming update and its many bad puns, hahaha.
I have missed the Tooks so much!

Glad to fill you need for some Took time  ;=)  I'm not sure about the pear-shape, but I'm guessing it could probably be passed along. 
Elvis-Looking Elder is so good at his job for no reason I can determine.  Doesn't seem to have the smooth-talking traits I'd have expected in such a wonder, though neither did Jeremy...

This is so marvelous. I'm furious that I'm so late to the party and also mad that Rieko failed to live forever because I want to make several thousand comments about how beautiful and perfect she is. Basically I'm a ball of rage. :)
But the sprinkling of Spiffendale references gives me the warm fuzzies, so I should recover enough to be a regular and faithful reader and commenter from now on.
Man, I was all set to stump for Laurie, but that snob trait does mean she no longer qualifies for the Gemma Goth Perfect Townie seal of approval. Plus, Robyn is cuter than anything.
I love that Chantons can only communicate in song form almost as much as I love Gaivan's stammering ineloquance. Everyone's nose is my favorite. Long may it live!
Alas, poor Rieko was lost to us far too soon  :=(
I'm glad you enjoyed the Spiffendale references.  I actually re-read the Spiffendales in preparation/planning for this dynasty.
I still think Laurie is gorgeous and I know I'll regret not having chosen her every bit as much as I'll be delighted that I did let Chantons choose and that he had good enough taste to pick Robyn.  He just never chose to interact with Laurie.  They completely ignored each other besides those times that I made them interact.  Robyn, on the other hand, doesn't stay away from him and he doesn't try to leave.  They're adorable!
Hopefully, the nose will last through the whole dynasty (fingers crossed).

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, An Important and Long-Awaited Birthday!!!
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2017, 08:06:47 PM »
Pippin:  We rejoin the Took household to find Abernathy making plans for the future.

Abernathy:  Hey, little Cowan girl!  I knew your mom back when we were both just kids.  Maybe you'll become a close friend to my grandchild.
Susanna Munson:  Ummm, I'm not a Cowan girl...
Abernathy:  Sure you are!  Anyway, I'll let you know once the little guy's actually born.
Susanna:  Wait, you're trying to set me up with an unborn child?
Abernathy:  Unconcieved, technically, but who's counting?  (walks away)
Susanna:  ...I'm counting...

Chantons:  With the lights out, it's less dangerous
                 Here we are now, entertain us
                 I feel stupid and contagious
                 Here we are now, entertain us

Robyn:  Hahaha, Oh, Chantons, you're hilarious!
Pippin:  ...I don't get it.
Robyn:  That's "Smells Like Teen Spirit."  Because I'm still a teen?
Pippin:  ...oh.  Yeah.  You are.  (sigh)  Anyway, elsewhere...

Gaivan:  ...and that's...because we were...and that you could...?
Max Villareal:  So...Timmy's in the well?
Pippin:  He's asking if you'll be on standby to become our new pollinator after Elvis-Looking Pollinator passes on.
Max:  Oh.  Planning ahead.  That's practical, even if a bit cold and harsh.  May I ask what it is about me that made you want to choose me?
Gaivan:  Shallow...and that Pippin...because genes...
Pippin:  He said it's your great personality.
Max:  Aww, I'm so flattered!

Pippin:  Looks like Elvis-Looking Pollinator is still doing just fine.
Elvis-Looking Pollinator:  Oh, mama, my heart's a-poundin'.
Random Girl:  Oh my, you're such a charmer!
Pippin:  Yeah he is.

Izumi:  Umm, sweetie?  Did we forget to do anything today?  Like maybe get dressed?  You do realize you aren't built like Otis, right?
Chantons:  While my guitar gently weeps
Pippin:  Aww, poor guy.   But seriously, go put some clothes on.

Pippin:  After getting in some quality time with a new friend, Elvis-Looking Pollinator went to visit the child he had with one of the Pancakes girls.  Pretty sure it was Macie.  They're so identical!

Pippin:  He didn't quite make it to the crib before this happened...and I have no idea why he wandered into the bathroom to die...
Grim:  Eh, I get this sort of thing pretty often.  By the way, he had his child with Chelsie.  Not this lovely angel right here.
Macie:  Grim, you get me.  You really get me.
Grim:  Yeah I do, darlin'.
Pippin:  Oh, Grim, why can't we have you as our pollinator?

Chantons:  Little girls, little girls
                 Everywhere I turn I can see them

Pippin:  Yep!  The redheaded Liz Rouse and half-alien Ashley Cowan are especially strong candidates if we have a male heir!  Maybe we should collect some fruit for Robyn...
Izumi:  Gotta convince her to actually have a baby first.
Pippin:  Psh, you and your details!  Anyway, we move in Max and he gets right to work.

Laurie:  Ugh.  I can't believe I'm being called here for some disgusting pollinator instead of to be the heir's bride.  Still, gotta make sure these amazing genes become part of the dynasty to immortalize how incredible I am.
Pippin:  She's so right.  Why did I agree to let Chantons have say in who he marries?  (sigh)

Max:  ...Oh.  Hello.  I'm Max.  I apologize for being stunned there for a moment.  I'd been told you were lovely, but I had no idea how incredibly gorgeous you were!
Laurie:  Yes.  Yes I am.  And I forgive you for not making Chantons pick me, Pippin. 
Pippin:  Kind of like your new boy toy?
Laurie:  Oh yes!  Me-OW!

Max:  Laurie, I know we've only just met and that I don't deserve someone as amazing as you, but...will you be my girlfriend?
Laurie:  Eh, I know I could do better...but yes.
Max:  OH MY GOODNESS!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!!
Laurie:  Yes, Pippin, I forgive you.  C''mon, boy toy.
Max:  Yes, ma'am!

Pippin:  Umm, nice granny jammies, Laurie.
Laurie:  Hush, Pippin.
Izumi:  Umm, Pippin?  You're missing an important birthday over here.
Pippin:  Robyn's finally aging up?!??!?!!??

Pippin:  Oh.  Dang it.  It's just Abernathy.  Well, I suppose that's good too.  I guess.
Izumi:  Way to be supportive, Pippin.

Abernathy:  UGH!!  My back!!!
Gaivan:  Well it's...and that...because when they...and so forth.
Abernathy:  Okay, I'll keep that in mind.
Pippin:  Wait, you understood him?
Abernathy:  No.  I gained arthritis, not mind-reading powers.
Pippin:  Well, back to Max.
Max:  But do I have to?
Pippin:  Yep.  Too late to back out now, you accepted the job.

Max:  (sigh)  So, Guadelupe, you're really quite lovely, but I'm very committed to Laurie and I'm afraid that if you and I were to be together that it would be rather shallow and meaningless, so if you don't want to...
Guadelupe:  Oh, I'm totally fine with it!  Now, let's get down to business, you big hunk of manliness!
Max:  (sigh)

Izumi:  I'm going to invite Robyn over so we can bond while giving Max a makeover.
Pippin:  What?
Izumi:  He's no Otis, but he's still yummy!
Pippin:  (facepalm)  But meantime, Robyn is...

Pippin:  still a teen.  (sigh)
Izumi:  But things are going well.
Pippin:  True, We now have two immortal elders and Chantons only has 4 more promotions before he'll have completed his leg of the journey.  That means we'll probably be looking at some down time as we wait for him to age up twice and his child to become a teen.  Too bad I couldn't force Chantons to marry Laurie.
Izumi:  Don't make me call Rieko...
Pippin:  Sorry.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, An Important and Long-Awaited Birthday!!!
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2017, 08:49:04 PM »
Oh Pippin, I giggled and guffawed, in a most indignified manner, through your whole update.

Farewell, Elvis-Looking-Pollinator. Your time with the Tooks was brief but, we all hope, genetically productive!
Well, hello Max! Thanks to Pippin, we learn that Max ages very well, indeed. And he's smoove talker, lol!

I know Chantons chose Robyn but, yowza, Laurie's curves are amaaazing! Look at that wasp waist, ample hips, and teeny-tiny ankles! And her shelf booty! I mean, just wow!
I'm really looking forward to seeing her child with Max! And how sweet that he wants to stay committed to Laurie. <3
Pippin, I feel your regrets over losing Laurie. Let's hope you manage to finagle one of her descendants back into the dynasty household in the future.  ;)

Laughed heartily at Chantons checking out all the under-aged local talent.

Soooo, how long until Robyn's young adult birthday?  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2017, 08:02:45 AM »
I will always laugh at your puns, Pip. I think they're brilliant, even the occasionally lame misunderstood ones  ;D

Way to go with the curveball there, Chantons! But, why, oh why, did she have to be a teen!!! Now we are going to have to wait forever for the next generation of Tooks (kinda like we did with Abe and Izumi, only in reverse lol)

E-L-E, you were a huge help to the household and may your pollinating endeavors not go pear-shaped (yeah that was lame, I know, but I couldn't resist)

I was reading the first bit of the last update between ChansRoby, and I was thinking "I swear I know that song?!?" And then Robyn mentioned the name and I had a major d'oh moment. I mean, really, I was just listening to them last night!!! Of course it was going to be familiar  :-[

Much love always my Dear Pippin!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2017, 02:12:24 PM »
Nice tease with the chapter title! I was really hoping for Robyn's birthday! She's so adorable, and she doesn't mind being serenaded with Nirvana! She's a keeper for sure.

Very glad Laurie's genes are being passed on, though. She's valuable. Good work, Max. Also, high five on the "Timmy's in the well" joke. Ten points.

My other favorite part was Izumi throwing shade at her own son's physique. Lol. She's right though. He's no Otis. But who is? Miss you, Otis. And Elvis Looking Pollinator. He was a favorite, too. That's the trouble with elderly pollinators. Gone too soon, all of them!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2017, 12:18:09 PM »
Oh Pippin, I giggled and guffawed, in a most indignified manner, through your whole update.

Farewell, Elvis-Looking-Pollinator. Your time with the Tooks was brief but, we all hope, genetically productive!
Well, hello Max! Thanks to Pippin, we learn that Max ages very well, indeed. And he's smoove talker, lol!

I know Chantons chose Robyn but, yowza, Laurie's curves are amaaazing! Look at that wasp waist, ample hips, and teeny-tiny ankles! And her shelf booty! I mean, just wow!
I'm really looking forward to seeing her child with Max! And how sweet that he wants to stay committed to Laurie. <3
Pippin, I feel your regrets over losing Laurie. Let's hope you manage to finagle one of her descendants back into the dynasty household in the future.  ;)

Laughed heartily at Chantons checking out all the under-aged local talent.

Soooo, how long until Robyn's young adult birthday?  ;D
Yes, Laurie is soooooooooooooooooooo gorgeous.  I really wanted Chantons to autonomously gravitate towards his spouse.  I'll have to remember to be shallow next time  ;=)
Oh, you're anxious for Robyn's birthday?  I think I can help with that!

I will always laugh at your puns, Pip. I think they're brilliant, even the occasionally lame misunderstood ones  ;D

Way to go with the curveball there, Chantons! But, why, oh why, did she have to be a teen!!! Now we are going to have to wait forever for the next generation of Tooks (kinda like we did with Abe and Izumi, only in reverse lol)

E-L-E, you were a huge help to the household and may your pollinating endeavors not go pear-shaped (yeah that was lame, I know, but I couldn't resist)

I was reading the first bit of the last update between ChansRoby, and I was thinking "I swear I know that song?!?" And then Robyn mentioned the name and I had a major d'oh moment. I mean, really, I was just listening to them last night!!! Of course it was going to be familiar  :-[

Much love always my Dear Pippin!
Yeah, lyrics without music often confuse people.  It's quite amusing, really.
The ChansRoby is quite adorable.  Both as a ship name and as a couple  ;=)  I'm quite excited to see how lovely their child ends up being.
Glad you enjoy my puns (even the bad ones).

Nice tease with the chapter title! I was really hoping for Robyn's birthday! She's so adorable, and she doesn't mind being serenaded with Nirvana! She's a keeper for sure.

Very glad Laurie's genes are being passed on, though. She's valuable. Good work, Max. Also, high five on the "Timmy's in the well" joke. Ten points.

My other favorite part was Izumi throwing shade at her own son's physique. Lol. She's right though. He's no Otis. But who is? Miss you, Otis. And Elvis Looking Pollinator. He was a favorite, too. That's the trouble with elderly pollinators. Gone too soon, all of them!
Ten points for Ravensclaw, eh?  Excellent!
Robyn is such a cutie.  I'm definitely aware of how insanely lovely Laurie is, but Chantons definitely found a winner with Robyn...other than her traits.  Of course, it does make her quite enjoyable to write.
Otis was clearly Izumi's favorite (even though she had that tiny pink bar with Don).  Elderly pollinators pass away fairly quickly, but ti does keep the neighborhood gene pool more diverse. 

And now, on with the show!!!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!!
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2017, 12:18:56 PM »
Pippin:  When last we left the Took Household, young Robyn was still too young, but now...

Pippin:  she is still too young.
Robyn:  I'm not apologizing for being my age.
Pippin:  Well...you should...
Izumi:  Way to butter up the reluctant future mother of gen 4.
Pippin:  I mean...I should apologize...to you...for being...
Izumi:  He means you're perfect and wonderful, Robyn.
Robyn:  Oh.  Okay, thanks!
Pippin:  (sigh)  Thanks, Izumi.  Let's check in on Max.

Max:  ...so it's really fine if you don't want to, because Laurie and I...
Kaila:  Nope!!  No backing out, big guy!  Have you seen some of the pollinators that come through here?  I'm getting a chunk of hunk while I can!!
Pippin:  And speaking of Laurie,

Pippin:  here she is while very pregnant working hard to scrub the toilet clean.  Why, oh why, did I wait to see who Chantons would pick instead of forcing him to marry her?
Laurie:  You're such a romantic, Pippin.
Pippin:  It's true.
Laurie:  ...I was being sarcastic...
Pippin:  Too late!  You can't take it back!!!
Izumi:  And speaking of backs...

Izumi:  OWWW!!!
Pippin:  Nice transition!
Izumi:  Thanks.
Pippin:  And may I say, you've aged quite gracefully?  Want to dye your hair back to red?
Izumi:  Nope.  I'm staying au natural!
Pippin:  ...please?
Izumi:  Nope, but speaking of redheads...

Max:  So, Macie, I know you're the prettier twin, and I think you deserve true love, so we should probably not...
Macie:  I object!  That stupid Abernathy rejected me, but you do not get that choice, pollinator!!
Max:  But I...
Macie:  Pollinating!!!
Pippin:  And speaking of men and women coming together...

Pippin:  Chantons briefly formed a two-piece band with this random girl.  However, she had disappeared from his relationship panel by the next day.  Curse you, culling!!  However, Ulrike Faust's daughter Adaline was not culled.

Adaline:  Whew!  You ready for round two, hot stuff?
Max:  Only if...you want...Grim to...come visit...
Pippin:  However, another member of this household was making sure he'd avoid visits from Grim.

Gaivan:  Doesn't the flavor simply burst upon your palette?
Abernathy:  Really?  The first time I can ever understand something you say and it's about magic fishcake?
Izumi:  Pretty sure the Spiffendales have that term copyrighted.
Abernathy:  ...fish and flowers taste weird together...
Pippin:  Woot woot!!  Two immortals locked into place!!!  Now, I wonder how Robyn is progressing with becoming less teenaged?

Izumi:  No, really, Max, all pollinators get makeovers while supervised by the dynasty spouses.  It's part of our responsibility.
Max:  Well, if you say so...
Robyn:  Would it be tacky if I take photos?
Izumi:  No.  It would be tacky if you didn't share them.

Max:  Umm, you're sure this isn't too...revealing?
Robyn:  OHMYGOSH!!!  The eye candy actually fell for that nonsense!!  You're a genius, Izumi!!!
Izumi:  Yep, and remember our deal?
Robyn:  (sigh) Okay, one baby.
Pippin:  Really?  You bartered oogling Max's body for Robyn agreeing to have a baby?
Max:  I agree, Pippin, this is an outrage...
Pippin:  That's brilliant!!!!!!
Pippin:  Well, back to work, big guy!
Max:  Oh, hello, Nyla.

Nyla:  HELLO!!!!
Pippin:  And the next day...Robyn finally aged up!!!!

Chantons:  Hello?
                 Is it me you're looking for?

Pippin:  And so, they went on their first official date.

Pippin:  It was a gold medal date!!!
Robyn:  Oh, Chantons, you're so charming!!!
Pippin:  And they became boyfriend and girlfriend.

Pippin:  And then, Chantons knelt and said something very important...
Chantons:  I want to make you laugh
                 when you're feeling sad
                 Carry you around
                 when your arthritis is bad
                 Oh, it would be so nice
                 to grow old with you.

Robyn:  Umm, no thanks.
Pippin:  Wait, what?!?!?  We've been waiting all this time and you reject his proposal?
Robyn:  Eh, just didn't feel like the right time.
Pippin:  (facepalm)
Izumi:  That's fine, little lady, but you made a promise...
Robyn:  Fine.

Pippin:  Wow, I didn't give her a makeover on anything and look how her jammies already match his!
Robyn:  Umm, maybe we could have some privacy?
Chantons:  I think we're alone now
                 There doesn't seem to be anyone around
                 I think we're alone now
                 The beating of our hearts is the only sound

Pippin:  I'll bet there were sounds besides their hearts beating.
Izumi:  Hush, Pippin.  Don't ruin the mood.
Pippin:  But Laurie said I'm romantic!
Izumi:  She was being sarcastic!!
Pippin:  And after that was over...

Chantons:  If you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it
                 If you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it
                 Don't be mad once you see that he want it
                 If you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it

Pippin:  Oh, good heavens.  Worst proposal ever!
Robyn:  Okay!  I accept!
Pippin:  ...really?   That you accept?  Whatever.  Anyway, it was soon that we learned...

Robyn:  (sigh)
Pippin:  Heir 4 is on the way!!!
Robyn:  I'm so miserable.
Pippin:  Umm, your whole life right now is napping, watching the TV, and occasionally painting.
Robyn:  And eating.
Pippin:  Yes.  That too.  Not that she's actually hungry, she just has the glutton trait.  Hates children and a glutton.  And slob.  Why did I let Chantons pick?!?!
Izumi:  Because Rieko said you had to.
Pippin:  True, but I'm picking for the next heir.
Izumi:  Deal.
Pippin:  Speaking of deals, Miko was fairly certain that her bloodline needed to marry into our dynasty...not that I ever actually agreed to that so as to make it a "deal."

Pippin:  You might remember Madeleine.  Miko referred to her as her "beautiful baby."  That moment was decently insulting to Gretchen, as I recall.
Gretchen:  Oh, you remembered me!
Pippin:  Oh.  Are you that old lady?
Gretchen:  (sigh) Yes.

Pippin:  Madeleine makes weird faces when she's about to woohoo...

Pippin:  Okay, super cute while being kissed.  Anyway, that was Miko's beautiful baby...
Gretchen:  Still painful.
Pippin:  but someone else was having a beautiful baby...

Robyn:  Ugh!  Thank heavens I'm finally done being around this thing!!
Chantons:  Isn't she lovely
                 Isn't she wonderful
                 Isn't she precious
                 Less than one minute old
                 I never thought through love we'd be
                 Making one as lovely as she
                 But isn't she lovely made from love

Pippin:  Yep, they had a lovely baby boy.  Too bad I'd already wanted to use an inaccurately-gendered song.  So, Robyn, what are we naming your little fella?
Robyn:   Who cares?  I'm done being around the child!!  (heads to the fridge then the couch)
Pippin:  Hmm, I had strangely thought that she'd actually be attached since it was her baby.

Chantons:  His name is Wade.
Pippin:  Excellent!  Welcome baby...wait.  Did you just not sing?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Took Immortal Dynasty, Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!!
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2017, 12:49:56 PM »
Wow -- lots of progress! Congrats on getting Robyn aged up, pregnant, and engaged. Congrats to Abernathy. And welcome, little Wade, who will have to spend his time skilling and meeting requirements while various elders pollinate the neighborhood. You're so lucky, little guy!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2017, 02:40:48 PM »
Awwww, I kinda thought you'd name the little guy Stevie after that song!

Cracked up over Chantons' proposal song, but it worked so Robyn must have liked "it," lol.   ;-)

Congrats on your second Took immortal, Watcher! Looking good, Billie Rae!

P.S. I love expecting mothers who throw up from morning sickness then clean up after themselves. Just sayin'

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: October 06, 2017, 10:34:48 PM »
Wow -- lots of progress! Congrats on getting Robyn aged up, pregnant, and engaged. Congrats to Abernathy. And welcome, little Wade, who will have to spend his time skilling and meeting requirements while various elders pollinate the neighborhood. You're so lucky, little guy!
Yeah, dynasty heirs are so lucky with all their skilling and requirements and (usually) Watcher-chosen spouses  ;=)
Robyn's a beauty, so I'm interested to see how her genes mix with the Took genes as Wade ages up!

Awwww, I kinda thought you'd name the little guy Stevie after that song!

Cracked up over Chantons' proposal song, but it worked so Robyn must have liked "it," lol.   ;-)

Congrats on your second Took immortal, Watcher! Looking good, Billie Rae!

P.S. I love expecting mothers who throw up from morning sickness then clean up after themselves. Just sayin'
Yeah, it's pretty funny when the immediate response to the morning sickness is grabbing the sponge.  Don't think that's quite how it goes in real life!
I went with Wade (as I'd done in a story back in my Sims 3 days) because of Wade Wilson  :=)  Graphic novel version, not movie version.
Two immortals down!  Woot woot!  Actually, Chantons is sitting one promotion and the hoop of actually buying the unique rewards away from being finished with everything (except hitting the elder status, of course).

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Immortal Dynasty, A Little Less Red
« Reply #134 on: October 06, 2017, 10:36:03 PM »
Pippin:  We return to the Took household to discover that Izumi has gotten her warning from Grim.
Izumi:  Hmmm, what would Rieko do if she had gotten her warning from Grim...?

Pippin:  Of course.  A dance party!  Oh, where did Robyn and Chantons head off to?

Pippin:  And of course, Abernathy had other plans for what to do with his wife on her final days.

Abernathy:  I will love you forever.
Izumi:  And I expect you to mourn me for quite a while before you take up with a mistress.
Abernathy:  You're the greatest, trophy wife!
Izumi:  It's true.
Pippin:  And they took some time to look at the stars.

Abernathy:  So, sweetie, you wanna look at the stars?
Izumi:  Nope!  Let's just woohoo instead!
Abernathy:  So the greatest!!
Pippin:  And speaking of great wives, Robyn finally becomes Chantons' wife.

Robyn:  I promise to be reasonably adequate and to paint or be romantic to you when I'm not sleeping, eating, napping, resting, watching TV, catching some Z's, or sleeping.
Chantons:  Well a man shall leave his mother, and a woman leave her home
                 They shall travel on to where the two shall be as one
                 As it was in the beginning is now until the end
                 A woman draws her life from man and gives it back again
                 And there is love, there is love

Pippin:  Wow, those vows were beautiful.
Robyn:  Thanks, Pippin.
Pippin:  I meant...
Izumi:  He says you're welcome, dear.  Shouldn't you be checking in on little Wade, Pippin?
Pippin:  Oh.  Yes.  I guess we should acknowledge that he's aged up.

Pippin:  Quite a hairdo he's got there!  Wonder who he might marry...maybe the daughter of Laurie or perhaps of Rachel...

Pippin:  Yeesh!  Terrifying!!
Izumi:  Yeah, they did kind of share Laurie's pregnant belly during the wedding.
Pippin:  That's just...they can't...how did they...it's...
Izumi:  Gaivan said the same thing.

Max:  So, it's nice of you to agree to have a baby since it provides another spouse and/or friend option for the dynasty household, but would you mind terribly if I head out to actually spend time with my girlfriend after this?
Gal-Whose-Name-I've-Forgotten:  Wow, you are quite the sweet-talker!
Pippin:  Good heavens!!  Who is that?

Abernathy:  Remember my childhood friend, Tanvi Foy?
Pippin:  Yes?
Abernathy:  This is her daughter Aimee.
Pippin:  Wow!  Why did you not marry Tanvi?  I mean, look at those awesome genes!!
Izumi:  Ahem.
Pippin:  Oh.  That's right.  You didn't marry her because you had already found the perfect woman.  My mistake.
Izumi:  Nice save.

Pippin:  Umm, shouldn't you two actually be watching your child?
Robyn:  Nope!  Already ate, had a nap, nothing's on TV, it's woohoo time!!
Pippin:  Well, at least he won't be alone out there.

Pippin:  Oh, he's watching the pollinator.  That's healthy for a young, impressionable mind.
Max:  Hey, little buddy!  Uncle Max is just going to go inside and spend some time with his friend Macie, then we can have some play time.
Macie:  Glad that I'm getting "play time" first (meaningful wink).
Pippin:  And speaking of little Wade...

Pippin:  his daddy became an adult.  Wait, that sounded questionable.  His daddy stopped being a young adult.
Chantons:  But time makes you bolder
                 Even children get older
                 And I'm getting older too.

Pippin:  And daddy heads in to spend time with his little boy.

Max:  Okay, Wade, now we can play.
Pippin:  Umm, you realize you're still dressed for "work," right? 
Max:  What?  Oh heavens!!  That's embarrassing.
Pippin:  Oh, it's probably not going to scar him for his entire life.
Izumi:  Speaking of the entire life...

Izumi:  think I've hit the end of mine.
Pippin:  Izumi, NO!!!

Abernathy:  Trophy wife?  Sweetie?  Don't leave me!!
Pippin:  You're seriously leaving me with Robyn?
Grim:  Really, Pippin?  That's your focus?  Nice sensitivity.
Pippin:  Hey, skull-head, you've hit on plenty of pollinated ladies when their respective pollinator dropped!
Grim:  Touche!

Grim:  Izumi Took.  Former vampire and dynasty wife.  Survived by her immortal husband, their son, and their grandchild.  She was also the bride chosen by the brain trust, not to brag or anything, but she was pretty outstanding.
Abernathy:  (weeping) Yeah she was! (weeping some more)
Pippin:  Dear Izumi, you will be missed.