Author Topic: Photobucket is Changing  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Photobucket is Changing
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2017, 10:51:37 PM »
Thank you so much to those of you who have posted your methods of changing over your links. It's rather a daunting task for sure.  :-\
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2017, 11:57:15 AM »
The ads and lagging on Photobucket's website are so annoying.

I know Photobucket said that they were not deleting pictures, but I've noticed that three of my photos were missing from my account as I was fixing my story. I looked everywhere and couldn't find them. Is this a glitch? Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me?

If you have a current account (i.e., are paying money), your screenshots will continue to be linked until your account is due for renewal. I don't think the pictures disappear from Photobucket in any event; they'll just disappear from your stories. And yes, I agree about the ads. My personal opinion is that Photobucket has shot itself in the foot, but that's just my take.

Totally agree MarianT.  The new owners of Photobucket must be crazy to come up with such an extortionist strategy.  People and businesses might pay that ransom once (because it happened so suddenly and with no grandfather clause) while they move their business elsewhere.  When I think of all the times I recommended Photobucket to others, I feel sick.

Same here. What upsets me the most about their new "policy" is that it hit the internet with no warning at all. Photobucket could have at least posted a notice on their site months prior to alert us that this was coming, it would have given everyone plenty of time to move their photos to a different site instead of doing everything at once. Alternatively, they could have imposed this restriction solely on new uploads instead of all uploads. This is super frustrating and makes me want to stop writing my story.

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2019, 12:12:07 PM »
I've been noticing some blurry Photobucket photos in some of the older threads in the forum, mostly in the Sims 3 section. I wondered what happened. It turns out that Photobucket has new hosting limits for those who use their free image hosting plan.

New Hosting Limits
https://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022822393-New-Hosting-Limits

I wanted to post this, just in case some of you were wondering as well.
New Members, Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * -- Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *