Author Topic: A Sim About Town  (Read 13463 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
A Sim About Town
« on: July 14, 2017, 10:07:46 AM »
A Sim About Town

My thanks to MarianT for another great challenge idea...

Goal
Your Sim wants to go everywhere and do everything. Your Sim wants to see and be seen. Your Sim wants to mingle. And most of all, your Sim wants to make friends.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create a human YA Sim in CAS. Place him or her in a house.
  • You'll need 26 community venues, so you can fill empty lots with venues -- gyms, restaurants, bars, spas, bowling alleys if you have them, etc. You may also add things to lots: climbing walls, telescopes, darts game, etc. Your additions should be made during setup. (Note: Festivals don't count as venues. That said, you can go to the lot next to a festival and use a festival activity as your activity for that lot. Also, your activity can be done in the public area near the lot as well as on the lot.)
  • If you are unfamiliar with how to add lots, then here is a helpful Guide article from Carl.
  • Added venues must be EA/Maxis made only -- no gallery or player created additions.
  • You must choose the Private Dwelling lot trait and the debug cheat to purchase a satellite to prevent abductions.
  • The Incredibly Friendly reward trait is banned.
  • Your Sim cannot arrange to meet any other Sim at a lot. (No dates, club meetings, or groups). All socializing must be done on community lots.
  • Your Sim is required to visit 2 different venues each day. Once they leave these venues they cannot return.
  • Before traveling to the next venue your Sim has to complete one unique activity** besides talking with one new friend acquired at the current venue. An activity is considered completed when your Sim decides to end it, i.e., you can't cancel what your Sim is doing.
  • Not being able to visit 2 venues in a day and/or not obtaining a friend or completing a unique activity results in a fail -- pause the game and note your score at that point.
  • The game ends when your Sim ages to adult.
**Qualifying Unique Activites:

Eat a meal  *  Cook a meal  *  Have a drink  *  Make a drink  *  Watch TV or movie
Play chess  *  Paint  *  Read  *  Fish  *  Tell jokes at microphone
Play piano  *  Play guitar  *  Play violin  *  Play pipe organ
Run on treadmill  *  Workout  *  Punch bag  *  Dance
Listen to music  *  Sing Karaoke  *  Swim  *  Jog  *  Make sculpture
Use telescope  *  Stargaze  *  Cloudgaze  *  Use microscope  *  Build rocket
Take rocket trip  *  Play horseshoes  *  Use water slide  *  Play darts  *  Play foosball
Climb wall  *  Get massage  *  Take yoga class  *  Play basketball  *Play computer game
Bowl  *  Carve a pumpkin  *  Play arcade game  * Play cards * Join a Protest * Use a Bubbletron
Play "Don't Wake the Llama" * Woohoo * Act as DJ * Play video game * Use a Sauna

Scoring
Friends. When your Sim ages up to Adult, pause the game and open the Relationships tab (R). Change the circle at the top from All to Friends. Scroll through the entire list, hovering over each Sim and give yourself 50 points for each Friend and 100 points for each Good Friend. Avoid social contact on your home lot because only friends acquired off your home lot may be scored.

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, LenaLJ, Trip, and MarianT) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                                 Friends     
lesleyj42                            5250
christinal3106                            4850
LenaLJ                            4100
GlazeyLady                            3250
sdhoey                            2150
Eighty8Keys                            1950
MarianT                            1650
Minnie Mouse                            1650
coolsim9999999                            1500
Ginj 1450
Metropolis Man 1450
Noyo                            1450
Whimsical Peanut                            1400
Tuija                            1150
fluffyj00                            650
TanGuob                            600
WriterJunkie                            350
CynKuy                            150

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
Re: A Sim About Town
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 01:15:18 PM »
Can we put down lots from the gallery, too, or only EA/Maxis lots and our own created lots?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 01:38:12 PM »
Can we put down lots from the gallery, too, or only EA/Maxis lots and our own created lots?

Unless Marian disagrees I'll say Maxis/EA only to control the situation and put players on a somewhat level playing field. I'll make the edit.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 02:42:23 PM »

Unless Marian disagrees I'll say Maxis/EA only to control the situation and put players on a somewhat level playing field. I'll make the edit.

Yes, that's fine. I forgot to put that in there.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 08:45:32 PM »
So your sim has to make a new friend at each venue, so two friends a day?

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 08:35:38 AM »
So your sim has to make a new friend at each venue, so two friends a day?

Yes

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 11:01:34 PM »
Can your sim go to work at a career like scientist, doctor, or policeman?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 07:52:47 AM »
Can your sim go to work at a career like scientist, doctor, or policeman?

There's no rule against it.

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 04:44:36 PM »
So clubs are forbidden? What if I make a club with sims I already befriended? Can I then use the group gathering?

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 05:51:25 PM »

[/quote]
So clubs are forbidden? What if I make a club with sims I already befriended? Can I then use the group gathering?

From the rules:

Your Sim cannot arrange to meet any other Sim at a lot. (No dates, club meetings, or groups). All socializing must be done on community lots.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 09:10:39 AM »
I normally do my testing before the challenge starts, but didnt have the time this time.
So i now today discovered there might be more different unique activities to do out there, and i will add those to the list latest tomorrow.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 09:13:00 AM »
Thank you, Lena. :)

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 10:45:50 PM »
Do restaurants count as venues?
Cynthia

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 05:09:02 AM »
Do restaurants count as venues?

They do. We mention those as an example at the top of the rules...

• You'll need 26 community venues, so you can fill empty lots with venues -- gyms, restaurants, bars, spas, bowling alleys if you have them, etc.

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 10:16:30 AM »
If my sims does several actions at  a venue I would only count one of them as "unique" and can still do the other as "unique" at another venue? Or if my sim does 3 actions at a venue I cannot count the others as unique anymore ?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 12:09:37 PM »
If my sims does several actions at  a venue I would only count one of them as "unique" and can still do the other as "unique" at another venue?

Good question. If you claim a given activity as unique with a certain friend -- i.e. eating at a restaurant, then eating at a restaurant for future venues is out of bounds because it would no longer be unique. @MarianT  and other team members, is this how you see the rule? Should we make this more clear in the rules?

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 03:45:28 PM »
Will there be a spreadsheet/scoresheet for this challenge?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 04:22:13 PM »
Will there be a spreadsheet/scoresheet for this challenge?

If anyone wants to tackle that it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2017, 06:52:24 PM »
If my sims does several actions at  a venue I would only count one of them as "unique" and can still do the other as "unique" at another venue?

Good question. If you claim a given activity as unique with a certain friend -- i.e. eating at a restaurant, then eating at a restaurant for future venues is out of bounds because it would no longer be unique. @MarianT  and other team members, is this how you see the rule? Should we make this more clear in the rules?

Yes, if you want to count something as a unique activity, you need to do it only once. Your Sim could eat meals at several restaurants, but then you couldn't count eating a meal as unique at any of them. I'd advise against doing 3 things at one venue unless you know that you won't need to count the other two anywhere else.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 08:02:35 PM »
Are the listed activities the only qualifying ones?  Some of them seem hard to keep unique (like cook a meal and eat a meal, since your sim will likely have to do those fairly often and going home to do that before completing the requirements means a fail).  And there are many more activities that I'm wondering about - like we have Stargaze and Observe the Sky, but what about Search for the Truth?  Some others I'm thinking of are catch a frog, take a photo, take a shower, take a bath, woo-hoo, "use" a bush, use a hot tub, kiss a sim, hug a sim, harvest a plant, use a sauna, repair an object, upgrade an object, make a speech, start/join a protest, rummage in a junk box, play Don't Wake the Llama . . . . would any of these count as an activity?

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2017, 08:54:12 PM »
Are the listed activities the only qualifying ones?  Some of them seem hard to keep unique (like cook a meal and eat a meal, since your sim will likely have to do those fairly often and going home to do that before completing the requirements means a fail).  And there are many more activities that I'm wondering about - like we have Stargaze and Observe the Sky, but what about Search for the Truth?  Some others I'm thinking of are catch a frog, take a photo, take a shower, take a bath, woo-hoo, "use" a bush, use a hot tub, kiss a sim, hug a sim, harvest a plant, use a sauna, repair an object, upgrade an object, make a speech, start/join a protest, rummage in a junk box, play Don't Wake the Llama . . . . would any of these count as an activity?

Thanks for the suggestions! Activities done on your home lot don't count against your unique activities, so you can always cook and eat there. I will add some of the others, although not showering and making repairs.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2017, 09:31:17 PM »
Can we only count items listing a qualifying or can we count other things?

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2017, 10:01:20 PM »
Can we only count items listing a qualifying or can we count other things?

Only qualifying activities, but if you think of something that you think should qualify, let us know.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2017, 10:08:14 PM »
Ok, yes I have a list of things...
Do push ups, Do sit ups, Karaoke, Play on jungle gym, Give a speech, Harvest collectible, Use espresso machine, Play a video game (on tv), Write, Update social media, Find snowglobe, Drink tea, Practice speech (in mirror), Research (on computer), Use observatory, Admire Art

I don't know if they are considered too easy or what but I just wanted to throw out some of my ideas.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2017, 08:13:46 AM »
Ok, yes I have a list of things...
Do push ups, Do sit ups, Karaoke, Play on jungle gym, Give a speech, Harvest collectible, Use espresso machine, Play a video game (on tv), Write, Update social media, Find snowglobe, Drink tea, Practice speech (in mirror), Research (on computer), Use observatory, Admire Art

I don't know if they are considered too easy or what but I just wanted to throw out some of my ideas.

I did add karaoke to singing, and play video game. But I'm not including push-ups, etc., and I took out harvesting (also rummaging in the trash. taking a photo and catching a frog) because they're too quick -- just one swipe. An activity is something that should take a while, and your Sim should be the one to decide when to quit. You only need 26 activities, after all.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 04:37:19 PM »
Those where some of the things i was thinking about too.
Good luck all with the challenge.

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2017, 08:04:10 AM »

Yes, if you want to count something as a unique activity, you need to do it only once. Your Sim could eat meals at several restaurants, but then you couldn't count eating a meal as unique at any of them. I'd advise against doing 3 things at one venue unless you know that you won't need to count the other two anywhere else.

What if I go to 1st venue and I count eating as unique. then in a different day at another venue my sim automatically starts eating? What then? Since we are all playing on high Autonomy there is no saying when our sims might decide they are hungry/thirsty fancy to stargaze/sing/workout etc depending on the mood they are on, the skill level and their needs.

That is why I was asking.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2017, 10:00:02 AM »

What if I go to 1st venue and I count eating as unique. then in a different day at another venue my sim automatically starts eating? What then? Since we are all playing on high Autonomy there is no saying when our sims might decide they are hungry/thirsty fancy to stargaze/sing/workout etc depending on the mood they are on, the skill level and their needs.

That is why I was asking.

You are allowed to do a few practice runs of the challenge before doing your scoring run. I suggest you practice with your Sim first if you haven't had much experience with a Sim on full autonomy.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2017, 11:42:51 PM »
Hi Metro,

Here's my update. 

I found that Cheer Butterfly had 2 good friends. Thanks a lot for asking me to recheck her friends in her friends panel.

When Cheer Butterfly aged up to adult she had 26 friends and 2 good friends

Here’s the math:
2 friends made every day + 2 additional friends + 2 good friends made during the 12 days of a being a YA (2 friends X 12 days) + 2 additional friends =26 friends  + 2 good friends

26 friends
2 good friends
Total of friends and good friends, altogether = 28 friends

1300 pts = 26 friends X 50 pts each
+
200 points = 2 good friends X 100 pts each
Total points: 1500

This was another great challenge, as always :)!

Coolsim

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2017, 05:43:50 AM »
@coolsim -- don't forget that you give yourself 100 points for every Good Friend, so recheck your file for that please.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2017, 12:08:47 PM »
Hi Metro,

Update:

When Cheer Butterfly aged up to adult she had 26 friends. and 2 good friends

Total of friends and good friends, altogether = 28 friends
1500 points

See my updated math above --- in my original post about my score.

Thanks so much,

Coolsim

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2017, 05:20:54 PM »
Frank Astaire put on his top hat and went out to become good friends with 7 Sims and friends with 19 others, for a total of 1650 pts.

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2017, 06:32:44 PM »
Ack! Epic fail on this one! Didn't even make it through Day 3.

5 friends x 50 points = 250 points total

Offline fluffyj00

• Nooboo
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2017, 04:33:04 PM »
My sim made 9 friends and 2 good friends! 
9X50=450
2x100=200
Total = 650

That was more fun than I thought!

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2017, 08:10:38 PM »
My Sim made 3 friends.  3 X 50 = 150.
Cynthia

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2017, 12:08:44 PM »
That was tougher than I thought it would be. Failed after not being able to make it to the second venue of the day.

2 Good Friends = 2 x 100 = 200
3 Friends = 3 x 50 = 150

Total: 350

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2017, 07:47:14 AM »
A late addition to the rules:

Create a human YA Sim in CAS. Place him or her in a house.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2017, 02:35:31 PM »
6 X 100 = 600
17 X 50 = 850

Total = 1450

This was fun! Thanks to the challenge team!

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2017, 06:28:18 PM »
We've recently discovered that there's a glitch in friend-making which could affect this challenge. Sometimes, your Sim will have a green bar more than halfway across but still be considered only an acquaintance of the other Sim. And since your Sim needs to make a new friend at each location, that could be a problem.

If you come across this glitch in your game, check the Friends section of your relationship panel. If the Sim you're trying to befriend shows up there, even if the Sim is still only showing as an acquaintance, you may consider it to be a friend and move on to the next venue.

@Eighty8Keys, @fluffyj00. @CynKuy, @WriterJunkie, if this glitch was a problem for you, you may start over and re-submit.

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2017, 06:55:47 PM »
Thank you! That's what happened to me. I could not get beyond acquaintance no matter what I did. I'll restart this weekend.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2017, 09:41:03 PM »
The acquintance glitch happened to me several times. You just have to make sure it is someone you never met before. Otherwise, the relationship will go to friends once you travel.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2017, 11:42:17 PM »
I wish I could say that was my problem so I could restart, but unfortunately it wasn't. I just lost track of time and didn't make it to a second venue.

Offline Tuija

• Nooboo
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2017, 05:49:23 PM »
Oy!  What a challenge! 

Chatte Catthe made it to day 6, and got stuck on a never-ending unique activity.  (never again! lol)

1 friend and 11 good friends
1 x 50= 50
11 x 100 =1100
Total = 1150

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2017, 07:20:52 PM »
Metropolis Man and/or Marian T,

Could you please add my score to the list?

6 X 100 = 600
17 X 50 = 850

Total = 1450

Thank you!

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2017, 08:58:25 PM »
I had a few friends die.  Do they still count since they are still in the relationship panel?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2017, 05:14:00 AM »
I had a few friends die.  Do they still count since they are still in the relationship panel?

Let's go ahead and say yes assuming when you finish the challenge the relationship strength shown still qualifies you for points.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2017, 06:54:46 AM »
Just a few days left to get those scores in, folks. This event ends on Sunday. Good luck to everyone finishing up. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2017, 01:41:12 PM »
Yoga Pants finished this one up with 17 friends and 6 Good Friends.

17 X 50 = 850

6 X 100 = 600

850 + 600 = 1450

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2017, 06:28:11 PM »
My Sim finished with 25 friends and 20 good friends.

25 X 50 = 1250
20 X 100 = 2000
1250 + 2000 = 3250

Offline Noyo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2017, 08:15:30 AM »

Long time couldnt participate the challenges, this one was good and fun. :)

3 good friends = 300 pts,

23 friends = 1150 pts,

Total = 1450 pts, kindly regards all.

Offline TanGuob

• Nooboo
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2017, 11:37:00 AM »
This was a tough one. Only got to 12 friends
12 x 50 = 600

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2017, 12:22:58 PM »
Declan Shepard reached adulthood with 28 friends

28*50=1400

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2017, 01:03:46 PM »
Even though I read the rules over and over and am sure I followed the rules, I can't help but question my score. 
17 Friends = 850
40 Good Friends = 4000  Total - 4850

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2017, 02:06:21 PM »
Even though I read the rules over and over and am sure I followed the rules, I can't help but question my score. 
17 Friends = 850
40 Good Friends = 4000  Total - 4850

Well, it's been awhile since you've locked horns in competition, but you're a heavy hitter if I recall. ;) I'm not surprised at all.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2017, 04:42:07 PM »
I had the most buggy game ever the past week, so i am just stopping now.

50 Friends + 16 Good friends = 4100

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2017, 05:28:55 PM »
Sunshine Rose final finished with a total of 17 good friends and 9 friends.

17 x 100 = 1700

09 x 50 = 450

Total = 2150

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2017, 06:49:00 PM »
Okay, here's my revised score. Was not bothered by the glitch this time. Thank you for the restart.

I ended up with 13 Good Friends and 13 Friends.

13 good friend x 100 = 1300
13 friends x 50 = 650

Total = 1950

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2017, 07:42:21 PM »
My sim became an adult with...

51 good friends (5,100)
3 friends (150)

Total= 5,250

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2017, 07:53:30 PM »
Unfortunately, life happened and I was unable to finish the challenge. :(

But the time I did have to play was fun! Can't wait to hear strategies on this one!

Friends 11 x 50
Good friends 11 x 100

Total: 1650

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2017, 07:25:17 AM »
This event is now closed.

Nice job to all participants in a unique friendship/social based event we have never done before. (my thanks to MarianT for another great idea). Big grats to lesleyj42 on a solid win. Well done. :) Everyone is now free to discuss how they approached this event.

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2017, 10:03:41 AM »
Thanks, Metro!

This one took more pre-game planning than I usually do.

First, I went through the list of possible unique activities and eliminated activities that were never ending (fishing) or took too much time (building rocket) and activities that I would want to do multiple times (cloud/stargazing, eating a meal, dancing). Once I had whittled the list down to 26 activities, I paired each with a venue and made a checklist to follow as I was playing. I tended to go to gyms/libraries/parks in the mornings and bars/nightclubs/ lounges in the evening. During this process, I determined what venues, etc. I needed to add in the setup phase (I have all the packs except the most recent fitness one). My additions included three lots (two spas and a bowling alley), and two activities (an arcade game in one cafe and a video gaming system in another cafe in Windenberg).

My sim was self-assured, outgoing and a dance machine. She went for the Friend of the World aspiration so she had the gregarious trait and within four/five days when it was achieved the beloved trait as well. I completed the aspiration as quickly as possible because the reward trait keeps friendships you've already made from decaying (I wanted that ASAP). Along the way, she also got the observant and great storyteller traits for their benefits in conservation.

She moved into the apartment next to the Bheedas in San Myshuno (it's cheap and without any negative lot traits). I purchased a portable bed, cooler, radio, shower, and dance floor to put in personal inventory for on-the-go needs management (thank goodness for Outdoor Retreat). Near the end, I switched to moodlet solvers to deal with needs.

On the first day, I used a mirror to get to charisma level 2 quickly and then went to the first venue. At gyms I asked a trainer to mentor me and talked to another sim at the same time to build two relationships at once. If I could chat while doing my unique activity, I did. I tried to get straight to good friend on my first encounter. If that didn't happen, I tried to spot people at later venues and continue chatting until I reached good friend. If one of the non-notorious Windenberg clubs was gathering at a venue, I befriended one or more of them because they tend to stick around for a while. I also befriended tons of employees (bartenders, massage therapists, etc.) because they were less likely to go home in the middle of a conversation. I mainly focused on one friend at a time to build relationships faster and keep them from leaving. I switched to the second venue of the day by no later than 4 pm. If my unique activity in the evening was lengthy (bowling was my longest) I would allow more time. I went home late at night to deal with needs.

Once I had completed my unique activity and gained a friend at a venue, I kept befriending (always keeping an eye out for anyone with a relationship already in progress) until I ran out of time.

I did have a close call at the park in Windenberg, the gardener I asked to play chess with me glitched out and sat at my table but was playing chess with the guy next to us, and even when they finished she wouldn't get up. Hours later she finally did, and I quickly asked somebody else to play so my sim would stop. It was my first venue of the day, and I was worried about fitting the second location in before midnight. I managed to pull it off.

I definitely encountered the relationship glitch in that, if I had already begun talking to a sim elsewhere, it doesn't show friendship progress until you load a new lot. To determine when those relationships hit "good friend," I looked for "reveal deep secret" (a good friend only social) in my choices under the friendly category. I went home right before 8 pm on the last day to make sure all my relationships were accurate for scoring.

Thanks to the challenge team for another fun challenge and for answering all of my planning questions.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2017, 10:19:22 AM »
Brilliant stuff, lesleyj42. Thank you so much for laying it all out there for others to learn from. Great detail.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2017, 12:53:15 PM »
Good job lesley!  I had about the same strat, but I never completed friend of the world.  I gained most relationships through a combination of charismatic conversation options and cloudgazing/stargazing.  I also didn't know that great storyteller helped build relationships faster.  I only had get to work, get together, spa day, and outdoor retreat at the time, but thankfully a large amount of activities that would end on their own was in those packs.  I am really glad I tested this out well because I found out that I couldn't use watch tv or listen to music because the sims would do that autonomously while working out in the various gyms.  Also, I found that some interactions would end if you challenged another sim, like dance challenge.  Anyway, this was such a fun and creative challenge. Kudos!

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2017, 01:13:45 PM »
@christinal3106  Thanks  :)

It didn't necessarily build relationships faster. I used great storyteller to get sims I was chatting with in a better mood (if they were sad/tense/angry) so that my socials would be more likely to work well. It gives to the person hearing the story a +2 energized, confident or playful moodlet depending on the story type.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2017, 08:42:40 PM »
Congratulations lesleyj42! 

In order to prevent losing a lot of time to long-running activities, I waited to start the activity until my sim's bladder was in the orange - doesn't take long before that urge to go takes over and they stop the activity.   ;D

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2017, 01:03:49 AM »
Congratulations on winning this challenge lesleyj42!  Awesome, detailed strategy 8).

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2017, 05:57:18 AM »
In order to prevent losing a lot of time to long-running activities, I waited to start the activity until my sim's bladder was in the orange - doesn't take long before that urge to go takes over and they stop the activity.   ;D

Lol. Hilarious.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2017, 10:00:03 AM »

Lol. Hilarious.
Great strategy, GlazeyLady 8).  Ha ha!

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2017, 03:28:19 PM »
I am so upset I missed this event. I really wanted to play it but a busy home life took my Sim time away. 🙁

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2017, 04:22:57 PM »
Oh, I wish you had had time to do this challenge MomOfMany!  I'll bet you'll be able to do the next one :).  There's still an open tournament challenge, though, and you still have 3 weeks for that.

anything