Author Topic: A Sim About Town  (Read 13382 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: A Sim About Town
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 12:09:37 PM »
If my sims does several actions at  a venue I would only count one of them as "unique" and can still do the other as "unique" at another venue?

Good question. If you claim a given activity as unique with a certain friend -- i.e. eating at a restaurant, then eating at a restaurant for future venues is out of bounds because it would no longer be unique. @MarianT  and other team members, is this how you see the rule? Should we make this more clear in the rules?

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 03:45:28 PM »
Will there be a spreadsheet/scoresheet for this challenge?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 04:22:13 PM »
Will there be a spreadsheet/scoresheet for this challenge?

If anyone wants to tackle that it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2017, 06:52:24 PM »
If my sims does several actions at  a venue I would only count one of them as "unique" and can still do the other as "unique" at another venue?

Good question. If you claim a given activity as unique with a certain friend -- i.e. eating at a restaurant, then eating at a restaurant for future venues is out of bounds because it would no longer be unique. @MarianT  and other team members, is this how you see the rule? Should we make this more clear in the rules?

Yes, if you want to count something as a unique activity, you need to do it only once. Your Sim could eat meals at several restaurants, but then you couldn't count eating a meal as unique at any of them. I'd advise against doing 3 things at one venue unless you know that you won't need to count the other two anywhere else.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 08:02:35 PM »
Are the listed activities the only qualifying ones?  Some of them seem hard to keep unique (like cook a meal and eat a meal, since your sim will likely have to do those fairly often and going home to do that before completing the requirements means a fail).  And there are many more activities that I'm wondering about - like we have Stargaze and Observe the Sky, but what about Search for the Truth?  Some others I'm thinking of are catch a frog, take a photo, take a shower, take a bath, woo-hoo, "use" a bush, use a hot tub, kiss a sim, hug a sim, harvest a plant, use a sauna, repair an object, upgrade an object, make a speech, start/join a protest, rummage in a junk box, play Don't Wake the Llama . . . . would any of these count as an activity?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2017, 08:54:12 PM »
Are the listed activities the only qualifying ones?  Some of them seem hard to keep unique (like cook a meal and eat a meal, since your sim will likely have to do those fairly often and going home to do that before completing the requirements means a fail).  And there are many more activities that I'm wondering about - like we have Stargaze and Observe the Sky, but what about Search for the Truth?  Some others I'm thinking of are catch a frog, take a photo, take a shower, take a bath, woo-hoo, "use" a bush, use a hot tub, kiss a sim, hug a sim, harvest a plant, use a sauna, repair an object, upgrade an object, make a speech, start/join a protest, rummage in a junk box, play Don't Wake the Llama . . . . would any of these count as an activity?

Thanks for the suggestions! Activities done on your home lot don't count against your unique activities, so you can always cook and eat there. I will add some of the others, although not showering and making repairs.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2017, 09:31:17 PM »
Can we only count items listing a qualifying or can we count other things?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2017, 10:01:20 PM »
Can we only count items listing a qualifying or can we count other things?

Only qualifying activities, but if you think of something that you think should qualify, let us know.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2017, 10:08:14 PM »
Ok, yes I have a list of things...
Do push ups, Do sit ups, Karaoke, Play on jungle gym, Give a speech, Harvest collectible, Use espresso machine, Play a video game (on tv), Write, Update social media, Find snowglobe, Drink tea, Practice speech (in mirror), Research (on computer), Use observatory, Admire Art

I don't know if they are considered too easy or what but I just wanted to throw out some of my ideas.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2017, 08:13:46 AM »
Ok, yes I have a list of things...
Do push ups, Do sit ups, Karaoke, Play on jungle gym, Give a speech, Harvest collectible, Use espresso machine, Play a video game (on tv), Write, Update social media, Find snowglobe, Drink tea, Practice speech (in mirror), Research (on computer), Use observatory, Admire Art

I don't know if they are considered too easy or what but I just wanted to throw out some of my ideas.

I did add karaoke to singing, and play video game. But I'm not including push-ups, etc., and I took out harvesting (also rummaging in the trash. taking a photo and catching a frog) because they're too quick -- just one swipe. An activity is something that should take a while, and your Sim should be the one to decide when to quit. You only need 26 activities, after all.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 04:37:19 PM »
Those where some of the things i was thinking about too.
Good luck all with the challenge.

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2017, 08:04:10 AM »

Yes, if you want to count something as a unique activity, you need to do it only once. Your Sim could eat meals at several restaurants, but then you couldn't count eating a meal as unique at any of them. I'd advise against doing 3 things at one venue unless you know that you won't need to count the other two anywhere else.

What if I go to 1st venue and I count eating as unique. then in a different day at another venue my sim automatically starts eating? What then? Since we are all playing on high Autonomy there is no saying when our sims might decide they are hungry/thirsty fancy to stargaze/sing/workout etc depending on the mood they are on, the skill level and their needs.

That is why I was asking.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2017, 10:00:02 AM »

What if I go to 1st venue and I count eating as unique. then in a different day at another venue my sim automatically starts eating? What then? Since we are all playing on high Autonomy there is no saying when our sims might decide they are hungry/thirsty fancy to stargaze/sing/workout etc depending on the mood they are on, the skill level and their needs.

That is why I was asking.

You are allowed to do a few practice runs of the challenge before doing your scoring run. I suggest you practice with your Sim first if you haven't had much experience with a Sim on full autonomy.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2017, 11:42:51 PM »
Hi Metro,

Here's my update. 

I found that Cheer Butterfly had 2 good friends. Thanks a lot for asking me to recheck her friends in her friends panel.

When Cheer Butterfly aged up to adult she had 26 friends and 2 good friends

Here’s the math:
2 friends made every day + 2 additional friends + 2 good friends made during the 12 days of a being a YA (2 friends X 12 days) + 2 additional friends =26 friends  + 2 good friends

26 friends
2 good friends
Total of friends and good friends, altogether = 28 friends

1300 pts = 26 friends X 50 pts each
+
200 points = 2 good friends X 100 pts each
Total points: 1500

This was another great challenge, as always :)!

Coolsim

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2017, 05:43:50 AM »
@coolsim -- don't forget that you give yourself 100 points for every Good Friend, so recheck your file for that please.

anything