Author Topic: Need to return from vacation  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Rapidcore85

• Nooboo
Need to return from vacation
« on: August 02, 2017, 10:46:26 PM »
I've been perusing every resource I can find to figure out how to fix this but I am stumped.

So like many other people with this same problem, my sim is frozen while sounds and animation from ambient objects continue.  I just finished making my vacation, and saved (smart right?).  Well when I resume gameplay, and speed, he freezes.  I tried replacing the saved game with the backup one that auto generates, but same situation.  So here's a list of a few things I have tried:

resetsim - it reset him, but once game play resumed, same frozen thing
delete local town homes - thought it may be a memory thing, so lets free some up.  No dice
used nrass to change household to a different family on vacation - once gameplay was resumed, same thing

Really, what I want to do is just get my sim back to his world from vacation, but can't figure out how without the convention phone call to return home.  Is there a way using testcheatsenabled or nrass' latest version to force that while it's paused?

Thanks,

Rapidcore

Offline Rapidcore85

• Nooboo
Re: Need to return from vacation
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 11:43:59 PM »
Well going back to try more troubleshooting, something got borked, and said that I was missing an expansion to reload the game.  But I was able to get my sim and his progress back to the main world.

Fortunately, I had an older backup of my saves.  I duplicated my unplayable save (Riverwood).  Then copied my older backup over as "Riverview.sims3".  Next, in "Riverview.sims3", I replaced Riverwood .nhd and .package with the ones from my duplicate.  Now I lost progress from France, but I was able to restore my character back to Riverwood and the progress I made there.  Whew!

Hope this is of use to somebody who might have something similar to this  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Need to return from vacation
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 11:57:52 PM »
Here are some tips to help with the travel bug. Some of the tips talk about University, but it's all related to the travel bug that came with World Adventures. See post linked below for more information.

Tip: Travel Bug
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27012.msg449145#msg449145
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything