Author Topic: Pets - Cats and Dogs Expansion News  (Read 21382 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Pets - Cats and Dogs Expansion News
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2017, 05:48:06 PM »
I am just hoping pets can give sims fleas. I always wanted a flea bitten beggar sim. It will give me cause to want this thing, as apposed to buying it to have a "complete" game. Come on Fleas!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2017, 09:30:57 PM »
@scoed   You made me lol! Thanks for that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2017, 03:52:57 PM »
I just finished watching the Youtube replay of the Simgurus' Twitch livestream of the Vet Clinic from October 26.

If you haven't seen it yet, the link is below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zukoPV6KGfQ

The vet clinic looks fun and I'm looking forward to their next livestream (next Thursday or so?) that explores Brindleton Bay, which looks really lovely so far.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2017, 10:08:14 PM »
Apparently the pets do not get sick every two to three sims days like the dev said on the live stream but rather will be sick maybe once or twice in their lives. Not sure if this was changed due to concerned simmers voicing their err... displeasure at the frequency or the dev who designed this feature just got it wrong. lol  :P
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2017, 10:17:46 PM »
Haha, frequently ill pets would be a windfall for the veterinarian but a plague for the pet owners! Lol!
Thanks for letting us know, Playalot!

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2017, 02:50:30 AM »
Can't they just use the same model as with people-Sims? Meaning sick pets will crowd the vet clinic, but when playing a family, sickness only happens every so often. Afterall, people usually get sick more often than animals in real life.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2017, 09:09:23 PM »
That's probably what they have done Nindigo. There was just some confusion when the dev on the Vet Clinic live stream said a few times that pets will get sick every two to three sim days. This has been changed/corrected to: pets will get sick maybe once or twice in their life span. However there are vet treats your sims can make to err... make your pet sick should you want them pooping gold bars (which your sim can sell- yes really, this is a thing), or just to experience taking them to an NPC vet etc etc.

I think the sickness side of pets should be fairly well balanced if they are only getting sick by eating bad food, one or twice by RNG game mechanics or because your sim is feeding them 'negative' treats.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2017, 02:16:11 AM »
Quote from: Playalot
However there are vet treats your sims can make to err... make your pet sick should you want them pooping gold bars

For real? ??? Great, I will never think of golden retrievers the same way again. Shame on you, Sim-vets. How can such a process even be healthy? But I suppose Sims with the materialistic trait will appreciate this feature. *Glances at Caleb*

As for the last bit, I agree with you.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2017, 03:26:54 PM »
Has everyone got the chance to watch the Twitch livestream "Brindleton Bay Tour"?

Here's the link yo!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/187069956

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2017, 03:58:47 PM »
Thanks ozhizu, the world looks lovely. Pretty interesting how worlds have changed since release.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2017, 12:06:14 PM »
I'm a little surprised how similar the animations are to those of the TS3 pets (dogs and cats, specifically). You'd think they had merely "copied" them over. Even the appearance of puppies and kittens. What I'm trying to figure out is whether it is to honor TS3 as a game or an attempt to save time/money.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2017, 12:15:27 PM »
Move over Geese! We now have Cats and Dogs to poop the proverbial golden egg bar
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2017, 05:06:39 PM »
My understanding is that the animations are all new, in fact nothing has been ported over from previous iterations as TS4 was built with a new/different engine. I guess there are only so many ways to animate a cat/dog? I have a sense that perhaps too much focus was placed on CAP and perhaps not enough on game play? We will be able to form our own opinions in three days, well for me in New Zealand anyway. I'm enjoying the fact that we'll be seeing it first for a change, instead of international time zones making us wait till last.

Yep Mags, pooping gold bars is silly and ridiculous, even more so when you realize that they sell for $6006 which is 'poop' spelt backwards in a mirror. This fact was gleefully explained by the guru on the live stream. Forget his name now... Anyway, easy money for a teen runaway who happens to have a stray mutt or two around his neighborhood.  ::)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2017, 09:17:57 PM »
@Playalot

I'd just PMed a friend earlier, saying that your teen runaway challenge might be the perfect way to enjoy the new Pets xpac without committing myself to 10 generations or four dozen toddlers.
No, not because of the golden poop, lol.

But reading your post above made me realize a runaway wouldn't be able to adopt a puppy, so now I'm wondering how stray pets work and if they could be tamed. :D
I still would love a short challenge using Cats & Dogs.

Offline RiotKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2017, 09:38:31 PM »
But reading your post above made me realize a runaway wouldn't be able to adopt a puppy, so now I'm wondering how stray pets work and if they could be tamed. :D
I still would love a short challenge using Cats & Dogs.

If I remember correctly what I've read about the Cats & Dogs pack, you can befriend a stray on the island (name escapes me, atm) with friendly interactions. 

As far as the runaway teen challenge goes, you could prohibit using the golden poop option for the challenge. If prohibiting is too restrictive, just add it as a condition to keep it a true challenge.

anything