Author Topic: The Race to Immortality  (Read 2873 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: The Race to Immortality
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2017, 06:01:35 PM »
Contratulations @reggikko!

I had no idea there was a place where you could buy a pomegranate!  Obviously I haven't frequented San Myshuno enough.  Thanks for sharing!

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2017, 06:58:37 PM »
Contratulations @reggikko!

I had no idea there was a place where you could buy a pomegranate!  Obviously I haven't frequented San Myshuno enough.  Thanks for sharing!

Yes, the produce stalls that spawn in the Spice and Art Districts sell all kinds of produce, including blackberries and pomegranates.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Minnie Mouse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2017, 06:59:17 PM »
I didn't realize there was a home lot with both snapdragon and orchid. So I got the super green thumb trait ASAP (Soulmate aspiration), to speed up the growing process while I was away taking cuttings. Otherwise, my strategy was nearly identical.

I had actually never made ambrosia before, so this was a fun challenge! Congrats @reggikko on the win! :)

Online coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2017, 09:15:04 AM »
I was DNF because of a deadly fire --- even with a good stove, as well as a sprinkler and a fire alarm.  I practiced with the best one, as well as a sprinkler and a fire alarm.  I thought I would need to save just a little bit of money for all the cooking because all the gathering plants around Newcrest to sell was taking forever in my practice run.  This is the first time that I’ve changed my plan for my scoring file from my practice run.  I practiced leveling up my Sim in cooking, gourmet cooking, fishing and gardening, as well as completing enough whims to buy 1 potion of youth for the ambrosia.  I used Asphalt Abodes to avoid traveling, and my Sim slept outside --- although, there was a small bathroom, and a wall behind the stove for both alarms.  I purchased a portable bed, shower and cooler, in case any travel was somehow needed.  It’s great to know that San Myshuno sells pomegranates.

Great strategy @reggikko 8)!

Sul! Sul!
My Origin ID is Coolsim9999999 --- so you can find my stuff. 

My SwapShop Page

Happy Simming :)!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2017, 09:21:21 AM »
I had a pretty similiar strategy to reggikko.
What slowed me down was that none of my runs, neither test runs nor the final the death flower would show up as the first fruit on the plant. (The same with the Orchid) So i had to wait on them.

Offline reggikko

• Immortal
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2017, 09:36:58 AM »
That's too bad, @coolsim9999999. I had a Sim die of hysteria in a challenge last year. Just an FYI, it's my understanding that the sprinkler only works in a room with a ceiling.

Online coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2017, 09:41:00 AM »
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that that happened to you last year reggikko.
Thanks so much for your awesome tip about sprinkles needing to be placed in a room with a ceiling! 
Sul! Sul!
My Origin ID is Coolsim9999999 --- so you can find my stuff. 

My SwapShop Page

Happy Simming :)!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2017, 10:21:32 AM »
If I had a bit more experience with gardening I'd have been done Saturday of week one. So we had to sit and wait until Thursday for the plants to grow in. I had the great soil trait, but I think my plants may have glitched and only restarted when I closed out the game, cause it took from Fri to Thurs for Death Flowers to grow. Not sure if that is normal growth or not.