Author Topic: Am I losing my mind? - Sim repair things autonomously?  (Read 4479 times)

Offline commasplice

• Occult
Am I losing my mind? - Sim repair things autonomously?
« on: October 16, 2017, 02:33:03 PM »
I was under the impression sims would not repair things autonomously. I am doing a challenge where I can only control 1 sim. I went to work with the controllable one. When we left, the sole toilet was busted. When we came back, it was fixed. Glitch? Do sims repair plumbing on their own? Or am I losing my mind?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Am I losing my mind? - Sim repair things autonomously?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 04:09:40 PM »
If I have "Home activities/Fix objects" set as a club activity, club members will fix broken objects autonomously. I'm sure you know this.
The only other thing I can think of is that your lot may have the Gnome lot trait, but doesn't result in overnight repairs?

Okay, I'm out of ideas. Sounds like your game is glitched, but in a nice way. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 04:40:44 PM »
I don't have the gnome trait (I think I have the one where you get a better price for art and stuff; the other two are child's play and good schools). I'll check the heir's spouse's memberships and see if he's in a club or something. I thought not, but I guess it's possible.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 07:26:41 PM »
Not a glitch, some sims will auto repair items. But if your home lot was unloaded then the at home sims would be unable to do anything as technically any unloaded lot ceases to exist. Plumbing fixing itself when a lot is unloaded then revisited usually only happens on NPC lots or community lots etc. So it depends what actually happened in your game. i.e. if your home lot was loaded then yes it is perfectly normal for uncontrolled sims to repair broken items. Rare-ish but not impossible.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 10:05:13 PM »
I just had an uncontrolled Sim repair the stereo. He got the Dazed moodlet because he has zero handiness. Silly Sim!

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 09:09:29 AM »
Well, I checked. The spouse isn't in any clubs. The way this challenge works is that you delete all the lots in Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. The lot is not a download. It's mine in all it's boxy, ugly glory. So I'm not sure what the deal is.