Author Topic: Played to Unplayed and Fishing Aspiration Weirdness  (Read 1351 times)

Offline RiotKitty

• Llama Wrangler
Played to Unplayed and Fishing Aspiration Weirdness
« on: October 22, 2017, 10:24:13 PM »
I want to move a sim out of the household. Is there a way to add them to another household without making the new family a played household?  Basically, I want that branch of the family tree to go its own way autonomously.

While running the teen challenge in another game, I noticed only fish from the base game count toward the Fishing Aspiration for catching different fish. Is that a possible bug? or was it deliberate on EA's part?

tia,
R_K

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Played to Unplayed and Fishing Aspiration Weirdness
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 01:38:17 PM »
Can't answer your first question, but as for the second, it was by deliberate most likely. See if they added the new fish to the list for that aspiration it would make it harder to complete as catching them all is required. It also would make completing the aspiration impossible if someone didn't buy all the expansions containing new fish. Both are not desirable.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 03:54:21 PM »
I want to move a sim out of the household. Is there a way to add them to another household without making the new family a played household?  Basically, I want that branch of the family tree to go its own way autonomously.

While running the teen challenge in another game, I noticed only fish from the base game count toward the Fishing Aspiration for catching different fish. Is that a possible bug? or was it deliberate on EA's part?

tia,
R_K

I can't remember which screen it is, but in the lower left corner of a picture of the household, you can check to make that household played or unplayed. I made a bunch of households unplayed after they'd been marked as played.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 09:12:31 PM »
To add to MarianT's explanation:

Go to Manage Households and click on the target household, you'll see a green plumbob if the household is Played.
Click the plumbob to switch it to Unplayed.

Offline RiotKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 11:18:00 PM »
The fishing weirdness explanation made perfect sense after I read it. Me and my silly tunnel vision.

Thank you both for the help on played/unplayed households. You're lifesavers!

anything