Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 69141 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #330 on: March 15, 2022, 08:15:16 PM »
I was playing my power of ten game this afternoon and my sims girlfriend got pregnant without us ever doing Whoo hoo. We don't even live together.  Is this part of the new update?  I know this is against the rules so I'm not sure what to do.

@mariposa1127
I haven't had a chance to play-test the new Neighborhood Stories System yet, but I thought (from what I read) that your active household shouldn't be affected.
Since your heir and his girlfriend have never woohoo'd, would you be able to return to an earlier save?
If I were you, I would also repair the game and delete the localthumbcache file first, so that the same thing doesn't repeat itself.

Edited to add: Did you check your Neighborhood Stories System's settings?  Did you have the "Have a Baby" setting enabled globally?

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #331 on: March 16, 2022, 11:15:02 AM »
I will go back to a previous save before she was my girlfriend. I didn't know about the Neighborhood Stories System settings until you mentioned it and will make sure the setting is checked off.

After I went back to the furthest save I could retrieve his girlfriend was still pregnant. Argh.

I will start over.

I think in the rules make sure to mention to have Neighborhood Stories checked off. I would hate for someone to lose their game.

Thank you @oshizu

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #332 on: March 16, 2022, 05:50:38 PM »
I will go back to a previous save before she was my girlfriend. I didn't know about the Neighborhood Stories System settings until you mentioned it and will make sure the setting is checked off.
After I went back to the furthest save I could retrieve his girlfriend was still pregnant. Argh.
I will start over.
I think in the rules make sure to mention to have Neighborhood Stories checked off. I would hate for someone to lose their game. Thank you @oshizu

@mariposa1127
After discussion within the Challenge Team, we've agreed that you don't need to start over.
The heir having a child before moving out was caused by a new gameplay feature, not a gameplay error on your part.
And, yes, we'll be posting about the NSS settings on most of the other dynasty challenges today.

Edited to add:
My apologies for the incomplete solution. 
If you wish to continue your current save, have your heir choose a new girlfriend or spouse-to-be (as if the baby with his first girlfriend never happened).

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #333 on: March 16, 2022, 05:55:52 PM »
Important

Yesterday (March 15, 2022), a patch was released that included a new Neighborhood Stories System.
Specific dynasty challenges may require fine tuning of the Neighborhood Stories System (NSS) settings.
For the time being, please completely disable NSS by going to your Manage Household screen and clicking the green icon on the upper right corner.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #334 on: April 01, 2022, 10:28:05 PM »
Additional Rules related to the Neighborhood Stories System for The Power of 10 Dynasty Challenge
  • At the start of a new or existing dynasty, go into Manage Households to select your global Neighborhood Stories System (NSS) settings. The default is all NSS settings set to ON.
  • You will need to select NSS settings for both "My Households" and "Other Households." Your NSS settings for "My Households" will not affect your active household.
  • Similar to setting up your dynasty's world at the start of a save, selecting your NSS settings is a one-time process.  Subsequent changes to your NSS settings are not allowed nor is changing NSS settings for individual households.

A Suggestion, Not a Rule
You are only allowed a one-time pass at choosing your NSS settings.
We advise you to load a file other than your official dynasty file to play-test the NSS settings to check how they work before you actually commit to enabling or disabling global NSS settings for your dynasty's world.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #335 on: June 16, 2022, 12:30:14 PM »
Good afternoon pack,

As with all new packs/EPS, please give us time to purchase and test the pack for use in the Dynasties.

Thanks your local Alphas.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #336 on: July 09, 2022, 05:24:23 PM »
Rule Edit (Setting Up Your File + General Rules)

Based on further experimentation with the Neighborhood Stories System (NSS), the rule regarding NSS settings has been changed as follows to Player's Choice.

• Neighborhood Stories System settings are Player's Choice but can only be set/changed at the start of each generation.
  • Manage World changes (including any changes to NSS settings) must be completed before you continue in Live mode after each move.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #337 on: July 28, 2022, 01:41:54 PM »
Rule Edit (Requirements for an Heir Moving Out)

Due to the disappearance of emotional whims, the 8th requirement has been changed as follows:
8.  Satisfy 10 different wants.

anything