Author Topic: Pet Quirk Cheats?  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Pet Quirk Cheats?
« on: December 13, 2020, 08:00:53 PM »
My couple both like playing guitar, but their dog is afraid of it!  Shift-clicking the dog with testing cheats on gives me an option to give him either a fear or obsession with the TV, but nothing else.  Is there a cheat I can enter so he stops cowering in fear whenever one of his humans pulls a guitar out?

Offline izziesimsie

• Nooboo
Re: Pet Quirk Cheats?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 04:32:04 PM »
Hi Brian,
I dont know about any mods concerning this issue, unfortunately, but does it really affect the dog when they are afraid of something? Like my Sim dogs seem to be afraid of pretty much eveything: the dishwasher, the television, radios etc. They always walk up to it and start to whimper and looking all scared. I do feel bad seeing that, but it doesnt seem like it affects them much further. Neither of my dogs had like an easily scared trait but yet they always seem to be scared of something.
I havent checked that myself yet, but maybe there is a training option to make them a little more fearless in general?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 04:51:00 PM »
So I just came across "Anti-Fear Training" by LittleMsSam on Curseforge.  You do a "Calm Down" interaction with a scared pet, and eventually they gain a hidden skill level.  As those skill levels go up, there's more and more things they won't be afraid of.
I mean, have you EVER seen a cat that was afraid of the computer?  Usually they want to walk on the keyboard, or chase the mouse pointer.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 08:05:02 PM »
So I just came across "Anti-Fear Training" by LittleMsSam on Curseforge.  You do a "Calm Down" interaction with a scared pet, and eventually they gain a hidden skill level.  As those skill levels go up, there's more and more things they won't be afraid of.
I mean, have you EVER seen a cat that was afraid of the computer?  Usually they want to walk on the keyboard, or chase the mouse pointer.

That's cool!  Thanks for sharing this tip with us!