Author Topic: Questions about the sims 4  (Read 10192 times)

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
Questions about the sims 4
« on: November 24, 2017, 04:35:37 PM »
Is the deluxe party edition worth the extra $10? What all comes in that version that the original version is missing?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: I'm getting the console game soon, need some info before I buy
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 05:08:05 PM »
Now that the game is out the Standard edition doesn't come with anything extra.

The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition - Comparison Chart
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/console/buy

Deluxe Party Edition has Life of the Party, Up All Night and the Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content. Standard doesn't.

They have said, other packs will be released later on.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 05:33:55 PM »
Oh, the standard version comes with the patio pack? is that the one with the hot tubs? Are you 100% sure about that? I'm buying the game from the playstation store and want to make super sure it does because if thats true i'll just get the standard version. Do I have to pre-order the game to get the patio pack in the standard?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 06:02:59 PM »
I'm sorry, I was wrong. I was going by what it said in the FAQ page on ea.com. I went to view both on Amazon. Standard Edition is just the game itself.

Now that Sims 4 Console Edition is out, it does not come with the Perfect Patio Stuff.

Deluxe Party Edition has Life of the Party, Up All Night and the Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content.
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/console/buy

I don't think you can pre-order the game now that it's been released.

This is something you may want to look over via the Playstation store to verify before purchase.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 06:24:10 PM »
I looked on the playstation store and neither the deluxe edition or the standard edition comes with the patio pack according to the details. All I wanted was a dang hot tub. Anyways, dow does the sims 4 on console compare to the sims 3 on console, are they similar?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 06:38:40 PM »
I don't really know. Sims 4 console edition plays similar to the pc version other than it has a controller instead of a keyboard and mouse.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 06:59:19 PM »
okay, thanks for the info Mrs Flynn

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 01:52:04 PM »
The "disable autonomy for selected sim" option doesn't seem to work, any way to fix it without disabling autonomy completely? Also, I made one of my neighbors my GF and a box appear at the top of the screen. The box has a pic of the sim, a pink and green bar, and her mood. I'm wondering if that is supposed to happen in the sims 4? Can you make your body smaller by doing cardio? The weight bench made my sim way too musculer for my liking. Update: nevermind about the box at the top of the screen, I quit the game which fixed that problem. Does woohooing make get pregnant in this game like it did in the sims 3? If so, is there a way to woohoo without getting pregnant?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Questions about the sims 4
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 03:21:53 PM »
I'm going to say no, there isn't any other way. The options for autonomy is Full or Off.

If you can, try a test game to see if you still have the same issue of Disable Autonomy for Selected Sim not working. You may have found yourself a bug. If that's the case, you may want to report it at:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

This is where they want the bugs to be reported to.

I'm not sure about the cardio making a Sims body smaller or less muscular. I searched on this and found this thread that might help.

Sim Body Shape Changes
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21195.0

There's always a chance of getting pregnant from woohooing.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 06:38:09 PM »
I think the autonomy problem is just one of many bugs in this game. My sim will also sometimes cancel an action I told him to do right before doing it. That happened a lot with the tv. Anyways, is it normal for sims to take forever to do most tasks in the sims 4? The only tasks that seem to take the right amount of time are going to the bathroom, preparing and cooking food, and sleeping. Eating and taking a shower take an annoying amount of time. EA has so much to fix on this game, its crazy. I'm starting to regret buying the digital version

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 07:18:09 PM »
Yes, it's a complaint of the game, that tasks take awhile to do. There might be mods that can help with that for the PC version, but unfortunately there isn't on the console edition.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 02:44:17 PM »
I fixed the slow shower problem just by upgrading it where it has jets. Are there upgrades on other items that I don't know about that speeds up the process?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 03:40:25 PM »
There might be. I'm not sure what all can be updated to speed up whatever tasks.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2017, 06:30:00 PM »
The time sims take to eat has been a complaint since launch of the PC version.  But the basic rule of thumb is the most expensive version of an item will fill a sims needs the fastest. So an upgraded most expensive shower will take the least amount of time, the most expensive (energy 10) bed will fill a sims energy meter the quickest and so on.

There is a trick to fast eating: direct sim to take serving and direct them to walk to a spot on the floor close by, as they lift their fork to take a mouthful direct them to another close by spot on the floor, as they lift their fork to take another mouthful direct them back to the first spot on the floor and so on. This reduces the eating time by 1/2 to 3/4 when done correctly. You can also use the trick for faster drinking too.

If you can't be bothered with doing that then having the sim eat fruit/harvestables often so their hunger need never really drops.

Note, this tip works on PC, I'm assuming it will work on console as well.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2017, 07:32:12 PM »
Thanks for the tip. Is there a way to see which lifetime happiness rewards you've purchased? I would like to make sure I dont buy the same one more than once. The sims 3 console had challenges you could try and complete which gave the player something extra to do while they played the  game, does the sims 4 have something like that?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 07:41:52 PM »
The Rewards Store only sells traits and potions. Any traits you buy for a sim will show up in their UI and potions can be bought as many times as you want. To to keep track of which potions you have bought you would need to record this manually.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 07:37:24 AM »
The sims 3 console had challenges you could try and complete which gave the player something extra to do while they played the  game, does the sims 4 have something like that?

The PC version has 'Achievements' in the options menu, things like playing for 5 hours or harvesting from 50 wild plants.  If that is what you meant then I found a list for the xbox here https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/the-sims-4/achievements/ but I'm not sure how you get to see them on a console.

Gameplay challenges include the Tournament and Dynasty challenges on this site, Pinstar's Legacy challenge, and many others posted on the official website.  I'm sure you'll find something to makes Sims even more fun.

Offline flawed Sim

• Nooboo
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 12:45:58 PM »
The sims 3 console had challenges you could try and complete which gave the player something extra to do while they played the  game, does the sims 4 have something like that?

The PC version has 'Achievements' in the options menu, things like playing for 5 hours or harvesting from 50 wild plants.  If that is what you meant then I found a list for the xbox here https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/the-sims-4/achievements/ but I'm not sure how you get to see them on a console.

Gameplay challenges include the Tournament and Dynasty challenges on this site, Pinstar's Legacy challenge, and many others posted on the official website.  I'm sure you'll find something to makes Sims even more fun.

This!  You can Google  to find a challenge you like or even modify the rule slightly to suit you.  I challenged myself to start with no money and not allow my Sim to build on his own lot.  My goal was to buy a lot with a house already on it. I eventually did by writing books at the public library, but there are a lot of other ways to do it as well
I am disabled. I use speech recognition because it is far easier and less time-consuming than typing. Please forgive any typos or inconsistencies due to this.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2017, 01:05:57 PM »

That's how I play each time I start a new game. It's fun to work your way up to the best house the creators have to offer

This!  You can Google  to find a challenge you like or even modify the rule slightly to suit you.  I challenged myself to start with no money and not allow my Sim to build on his own lot.  My goal was to buy a lot with a house already on it. I eventually did by writing books at the public library, but there are a lot of other ways to do it as well

I've done that in every sims game I've ever played, it makes the game more fun. I also make them get to level 10 in as many careers as they possibly can in their lifetime.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2017, 01:51:42 PM »
I keep getting "interest earned" messages and I get a small amount of money, what are those about?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2017, 12:12:34 AM »
I keep getting "interest earned" messages and I get a small amount of money, what are those about?

A sim has earned the Shrewd Reward Trait for completing the aspiration Fabulously Wealthy. This means that they will get a % of their household income on the weekly anniversary of the aspirations completion. Even if it was another household than the one you are currently playing the game will still show the notification in-game.
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/aspirations/fabulouslywealthy.php

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2017, 12:40:56 PM »
Awe, I thought it was from the business career.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2017, 06:49:25 PM »
How do you make items bigger in build mode?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2017, 07:08:37 PM »
Make items bigger in build mode
PlayStation: press L2 and R2 + up/down.

Controls for The Sims 4 on consoles
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Controls-for-The-Sims-4-on-consoles/td-p/6446759

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2018, 02:54:32 AM »
I have rotten fish in my inventory from when I last went fishing and can’t find a way to throw them out. There’s an option to mount them, but I would prefer to have them gone for good.

Also, how do I sell the stuff I find in the rocks around the map.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2018, 07:23:52 AM »
Sell inventory stacks: while having the stack selected in the inventory:
Xbox: press X + Y at the same time.
PlayStation: press square + triangle at the same time.
*If you are unable to press Ok in the dialogue that opens, press circle or B to go back and try again.

This should work for whatever you want to sell in your inventory.

----

Reference Link:

Controls for The Sims 4 on consoles
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Controls-for-The-Sims-4-on-consoles/td-p/6446759

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2018, 11:52:24 AM »
Thank you MrsFlynn that’s a great help.
Also, I couldn’t find a way to view my Sims home after they had been out to the museum. They went back home but I was left viewing the area they were last in and not their home when they got there. I clicked on each Sim but that didn’t work so I ended up saving it then loaded the game up to get me back to viewing their home.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2018, 06:48:26 PM »
Left viewing the last area the Sims were at may be a bug within the game. If it continues to happen you may want to report it as a bug.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2018, 01:07:53 PM »
Thanks for that advice. I’ll keep testing it and see if it keeps happening. The time before that it took me straight back to their home once they had arrived, but I wasn’t sure if I had done something to make that happen and had forgotten how.

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2018, 01:29:04 PM »
I bought some kitchen units for my sims kitchen, but after placing them down I’m not keen on the colour I chose. So was wondering if there’s a way to change the colour of them or will I need to get the old mullet out to destroy them and waste some money.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2018, 02:31:17 PM »
Go into Build/Buy mode (The hammer/wrench up in the right hand corner) to change the color, using the design tool, which is in the upper middle of the screen. Here's a photo of what I'm talking about. Click on image to see larger view.

This is from the PC version, but should work the same way on console.

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2018, 02:41:00 AM »
Brilliant, thank you. I did a save before I went into build mode, so I went back to that and started again. Now I know how to do it (thanks to you), no more messing about like that and losing play time. 😀

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2018, 03:23:34 PM »
I now have City Life DLC. As my Sim is living in a tower apartment, how do I dispose of the rubbish from the bin inside the property. It tells me I need an outside trash can to do this, but it won’t let me place one outside the apartment even though I’m trying to keep it inside the line of the apartment.

Also, his just been bitten by a vampire, do I need to worry. 😁

PS, this is on the Xbox One.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2018, 04:08:16 PM »
@Pazzie
If you go into the apartment's entrance area where the elevator is located, you should see two (or three, if there's another apartment on your floor) objects on the walls.
One will be the mailbox. The other will be the trash chute.

If your sim has been bitten by a vampire, he has been "turned."
His stomach should begin occasionally glowing (like after an alien abduction, but purple swirls instead).
In about 48 hours, he'll transform into a vampire. If you don't want him to be a vampire, you'lll need to max Vampire Lore (Level 15), then use a mixology bar to mix the Ultimate Vampire Cure.
It costs $2,500 and requires your sim to have 10 plasmafruit, 10 garlic, and 10 wolfsbane in their inventory.
My condolences if you didn't want your sim to become a vampire.

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2018, 04:44:33 PM »
Thanks for your reply. The trash can problem is now sorted, thank you again. As for the vampire, oh no. I didn’t want him to turn and sounds like a big deal to sort it out. What will happen if I just let him turn, will he lose his job and friends.
I might delete the vampire DLC as I only wanted the other two in the first place (City Life, and the butler one). But as it work out the same price for the whole bundle I ended up getting the whole lot.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2018, 04:58:42 PM »
@Pazzie
After you mount the fish in your inventory, you should be able to sell the mounted fish (also from your inventory).
To sell the stuff you dig up, click on the target item in your inventory. You should see an option to "Sell to Geo Council."

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2018, 08:14:45 PM »
@Pazzie  vampires feed from sims without turning them. It just makes them sleep for a while and then have a negative moodlet until it wears off. You have to direct your controlled sim to ask a vampire to turn them, this can never happen without the players input.

Being 'feed from' is quite different to 'being bitten'.

Carl's Guide to Vampires

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2018, 03:11:04 AM »
Thanks for that info about vampires. Phew, no need to worry about my little man turning 🤗. Thanks @oshizu for your help too.

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2018, 03:41:05 PM »
I started the second game up with one sim and wished now I moved 3 sims in to gain more money while earning. Can I add more Sims to my original one, or would I need to start the game over again. It takes too long to be friends and then ask to move in, and all the ones I’ve tried they seem to be married.
I really want a penthouse, but if I try with one sim by the time I can afford one he’ll be old and ready for his death bed.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2018, 03:54:03 PM »
Making friends doesn't take that much time, really. Start with the "Get to know" and "Ask about career" socials.
Then, just keep rotating through all the "Friendly" interactions. If you have them, focus on those with the sunglasses icon (they build Charisma skill).

As for becoming richer, you have several options:
(1) Make more roomies: Click on Manage Worlds then go to Manage Households. Click on your sim's household then choose Edit (the pencil icon).
This sends you back to CAS so you can add more roomies.

(2) Other people's money: You can make a friend in a really wealthy family (like the Landgraabs or Spencer-Kim-Lewis).
"Ask to move in" to their house, sell all their stuff, kick them out, then move to your penthouse.

(3) Just move into a luxury crib: You can make friends with either Victor Feng or Diego Lobo in San Myshuno, then "Ask to move in" to their luxury apartment.

Good luck and happy simming!

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2018, 04:00:11 PM »
Thanks, I’ll give number one a go. And I’ll deffo try number 3. 🙂 These tips are very helpful 🙂

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2018, 05:27:45 PM »
@Pazzie  if you want instant money don't forget about the cheats available for console. It's much better to manipulate sims etc in-game though as that way you'll learn a lot more about the game play. But cheats are instant for when frustration is abound!

Follow the link and scroll down a bit for testingcheats info. Click!

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2018, 03:13:57 AM »
Thanks for the cheat info. I never knew this was in the game. I will only use it as a last resort though, as I expect it’ll turn off any achievements that hasn’t yet been done. Thanks though, as it could come in handy.