Author Topic: Questions about the sims 4  (Read 10321 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Questions about the sims 4
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 07:41:52 PM »
The Rewards Store only sells traits and potions. Any traits you buy for a sim will show up in their UI and potions can be bought as many times as you want. To to keep track of which potions you have bought you would need to record this manually.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 07:37:24 AM »
The sims 3 console had challenges you could try and complete which gave the player something extra to do while they played the  game, does the sims 4 have something like that?

The PC version has 'Achievements' in the options menu, things like playing for 5 hours or harvesting from 50 wild plants.  If that is what you meant then I found a list for the xbox here https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/the-sims-4/achievements/ but I'm not sure how you get to see them on a console.

Gameplay challenges include the Tournament and Dynasty challenges on this site, Pinstar's Legacy challenge, and many others posted on the official website.  I'm sure you'll find something to makes Sims even more fun.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline flawed Sim

• Nooboo
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 12:45:58 PM »
The sims 3 console had challenges you could try and complete which gave the player something extra to do while they played the  game, does the sims 4 have something like that?

The PC version has 'Achievements' in the options menu, things like playing for 5 hours or harvesting from 50 wild plants.  If that is what you meant then I found a list for the xbox here https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/the-sims-4/achievements/ but I'm not sure how you get to see them on a console.

Gameplay challenges include the Tournament and Dynasty challenges on this site, Pinstar's Legacy challenge, and many others posted on the official website.  I'm sure you'll find something to makes Sims even more fun.

This!  You can Google  to find a challenge you like or even modify the rule slightly to suit you.  I challenged myself to start with no money and not allow my Sim to build on his own lot.  My goal was to buy a lot with a house already on it. I eventually did by writing books at the public library, but there are a lot of other ways to do it as well
I am disabled. I use speech recognition because it is far easier and less time-consuming than typing. Please forgive any typos or inconsistencies due to this.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2017, 01:05:57 PM »

That's how I play each time I start a new game. It's fun to work your way up to the best house the creators have to offer

This!  You can Google  to find a challenge you like or even modify the rule slightly to suit you.  I challenged myself to start with no money and not allow my Sim to build on his own lot.  My goal was to buy a lot with a house already on it. I eventually did by writing books at the public library, but there are a lot of other ways to do it as well

I've done that in every sims game I've ever played, it makes the game more fun. I also make them get to level 10 in as many careers as they possibly can in their lifetime.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2017, 01:51:42 PM »
I keep getting "interest earned" messages and I get a small amount of money, what are those about?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2017, 12:12:34 AM »
I keep getting "interest earned" messages and I get a small amount of money, what are those about?

A sim has earned the Shrewd Reward Trait for completing the aspiration Fabulously Wealthy. This means that they will get a % of their household income on the weekly anniversary of the aspirations completion. Even if it was another household than the one you are currently playing the game will still show the notification in-game.
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/aspirations/fabulouslywealthy.php
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2017, 12:40:56 PM »
Awe, I thought it was from the business career.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simsfan141

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2017, 06:49:25 PM »
How do you make items bigger in build mode?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2017, 07:08:37 PM »
Make items bigger in build mode
PlayStation: press L2 and R2 + up/down.

Controls for The Sims 4 on consoles
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Controls-for-The-Sims-4-on-consoles/td-p/6446759
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2018, 02:54:32 AM »
I have rotten fish in my inventory from when I last went fishing and can’t find a way to throw them out. There’s an option to mount them, but I would prefer to have them gone for good.

Also, how do I sell the stuff I find in the rocks around the map.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2018, 07:23:52 AM »
Sell inventory stacks: while having the stack selected in the inventory:
Xbox: press X + Y at the same time.
PlayStation: press square + triangle at the same time.
*If you are unable to press Ok in the dialogue that opens, press circle or B to go back and try again.

This should work for whatever you want to sell in your inventory.

----

Reference Link:

Controls for The Sims 4 on consoles
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Controls-for-The-Sims-4-on-consoles/td-p/6446759
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2018, 11:52:24 AM »
Thank you MrsFlynn that’s a great help.
Also, I couldn’t find a way to view my Sims home after they had been out to the museum. They went back home but I was left viewing the area they were last in and not their home when they got there. I clicked on each Sim but that didn’t work so I ended up saving it then loaded the game up to get me back to viewing their home.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2018, 06:48:26 PM »
Left viewing the last area the Sims were at may be a bug within the game. If it continues to happen you may want to report it as a bug.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2018, 01:07:53 PM »
Thanks for that advice. I’ll keep testing it and see if it keeps happening. The time before that it took me straight back to their home once they had arrived, but I wasn’t sure if I had done something to make that happen and had forgotten how.

Offline Pazzie

• Nooboo
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2018, 01:29:04 PM »
I bought some kitchen units for my sims kitchen, but after placing them down I’m not keen on the colour I chose. So was wondering if there’s a way to change the colour of them or will I need to get the old mullet out to destroy them and waste some money.