Author Topic: 2018 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament Overview  (Read 17479 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
2018 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament Overview
« on: December 11, 2017, 05:27:22 AM »
2018 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament Overview

Welcome to the 2018 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament! The 14-event Tournament runs from January 1st to December 2nd (anyone can jump in the Tournament at any time throughout the year). With the exception of the mid-season Major and the Tournament Finale which are 6-week events, all events will be 3 weeks. When an event goes live on a Monday the team will also post a preview ruleset of the next scheduled event to give players 3 weeks to practice. Here is a link to the official 2018 Sims 4 Tournament Events Calendar.

General Challenge Rules

Players are responsible for knowing and following the General Challenge Rules. The rules below apply to all 2018 Tournament events (Dynasty challenges are not Tournament events). Any exceptions will be noted in individual rulesets.

Participation and Practice
Participating in Tournament events is easy - just pick an event and dive in. Live events and/or events that are soon to go live have a thumbs up topic icon. Events that have closed have a standard icon. Practicing before a challenge officially goes live is fine, but once you create your scoring file, that’s it—you have one attempt and cannot create a 2nd scoring file. You may never use any mods while practicing for an event. All mods or programs/utilities that allow you to look at code to gain information must never be used once you begin practicing for a challenge.

Starting Dates/Closing Dates
At the bottom of rulesets you will notice official starting and closing dates. If the event is a minor event you have three weeks to finish. If the event is a major event, then you have six weeks. Playing your scoring file before the starting date or after the closing date is not allowed. The only time reference you need to remember is your local time/date. You must submit scores in the individual challenge thread before the closing date has come and gone in your local time zone. Scores submitted after the closing date will not be accepted.

Creating Your Scoring Game File
All challenges begin in a fresh, virgin, completely unaltered town of your choosing. If you wish to place a missing community EA lot such as the spa, then you must do so at the beginning of your file. Personal inventory items may be placed on non-home lots, but aside from this, non-home lots must remain unaltered. Unless a particular ruleset lays down restrictions, you are free to travel and/or move to any neighborhood or town. Options - all default settings: Autonomy > Full; Auto Age (Played Sims) > Yes; Auto Age (Unplayed Sims) > Yes; Sim Lifespan > Short; Seasons players > No Extreme weather. Do not start any holidays of your own and turn off any holidays on the calendar.

Always create Sims in CAS from scratch. • Cannot use gallery downloaded Sims • Cannot use cloned/twin gallery downloaded Sims • Cannot use saved Sims from your library • Cannot use saved Sims clone/twin from your library.

3rd Party Custom Content / Modifications
3rd party Custom Content that alters appearance for CAS purposes is acceptable and can be used at the player's own risk. Modifications (mods) are patches that alter some core component of gameplay and are never allowed. Programs and utilities that allow you to see the game code such as ILSpy are also never allowed. Remember, no mods or code utilities can be used during practice.

Cheats and Banned Content
You are only allowed to open the cheats panel for two things: a stuck Sim or a stuck object.

ResetSim Firstname Lastname. You may only use this cheat in the event of a stuck Sim. This cheat is case sensitive, so make sure to type your Sim’s name correctly).
Moveobjects. You may only use this cheat for a stuck object.

The following content is banned in all 2018 Tournament events:

All 13 Plumbob Reward Lamps (from owning Sims 3 base game and expansion packs).
Reloading a game or traveling/entering CAS to reset Whims - This is an exploit to force the game to spawn more Whims.
Editing Non-Home Lots - Anything from personal inventory that can be placed on a non-home lot is allowed, but this is the only allowed editing of non-home lots. 
Life Extension - anything that lengthens pre-Elder life stages is prohibited. Pregnancy falls into the life extension category, but in certain Tournament challenges - most obviously Baby Boomer - pregnancy will be allowed.
No contact with Jasmine Holiday - no visits and no calling her.
Exiting without saving to avoid a mistake or an unfortunate occurrence (i.e. burglar or fire) is cheating. Restarting from an earlier save is also cheating. In the event your challenge file is plagued by a game-breaking bug, then PM the team with specifics. We will then make a decision as to restarting from a previous save or simply allowing a complete restart.

Some Aspiration Milestone have you finding collectibles, etc, and these can be exploited by having items in your inventory already as the Milestone becomes active with you then removing and replacing the items to make progress on the Milestone. This falls into the category of cheating. Whims related to collectibles can also be quickly finished via the inventory exploit, so please do not do that.

Strategy Discussion
Do not discuss any strategy pertaining to a given event once that event’s ruleset is posted. Asking questions like "Can I do x?" may seem innocent, but may in fact put that idea in someone else's head if they had not thought of doing that. So, please, PM the team. After an event closes you are free to discuss strategy for that event.

The Honor System
The 2018 Tournament is all about friendly competition and having fun. The Tournament attracts players of all abilities and competitiveness from casual first-timers to seasoned high-caliber veterans. We all want to have a good time no matter what we’re seeking to get out of the Tournament. Allowing everyone to have a good time means we all need to play honestly — no cheating and no exploits. If you discover an exploit then you must PM the team (Metro, sdhoey, MarianT, and LenaLJ) so we can quickly edit a ruleset. We have a zero-tolerance policy for cheating.

Submitting Scores
When you have finished all the requirements for a given event submit your final score in the individual challenge thread and the team will update the leaderboard with your information. Remember not to comment on how you approached the event with specifics until the event is closed.

Prizes
**Champion. The 2018 Tournament Champion will be the player at the top of the World Ranking at the close of the Tournament Finale on December 2 and will receive two $20 EA game cards as well as a 2018 Sims 4 Tournament Championship Plaque and a $100 Amazon.com gift card.
**Runner-Up. One $75 Amazon.com gift card and one $20 EA game card will be awarded to the runner-up.
**3rd Place. One $50 Amazon.com gift card and one $20 EA game card will be awarded to the 3rd place finisher.
**Fabulous Fifty Club Winner. All players who participate in at least 5 regular events (or one major + 4 regular events) will be entered into a random drawing at the end of the year. The lucky player chosen will receive a $50 Amazon.com gift card. It's the team's way of saying thank you to those who dedicate a serious investment of time to get their participation component of their world ranking to 50%.

We hope the 2018 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament adds new and exciting dimensions to your playing, and most importantly, we hope everyone has a great time.

See you on the leaderboard — Metro, sdhoey, MarianT, and LenaLJ.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2018 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament Overview
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 06:57:47 PM »
Just in case you regular Tournament players did not want to wade through my wall of text above there really are only two changes to the standard operating procedure that has been the case for years. First, only one event will be live at a time. I am hoping this is a good change where everyone's focus will be on one event and you won't have to juggle.

The other main thing is the concept of two Major events -- one mid-season and then the Finale. Both of these six-week events will be treated in the World Ranking spreadsheet as having the weight of two shorter events. It's always been the case to require three events of a player to earn a World Ranking, but next year you could earn a ranking with one shorter event, plus one Major. Obviously, we hope you participate in more than two events. :)

The team is always open to new ideas and suggestions. Good luck next year, everybody.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 01:18:02 AM »
Oh wow, can't believe I missed all of last year's tournament!  I hope to be able to participate this year.  Love the fact that the first one is a vampire challenge!

Offline simemie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 05:05:14 AM »
Never participated in one of these before but just made an account specially to do so this year hopefully! :D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 08:35:32 AM »
Never participated in one of these before but just made an account specially to do so this year hopefully! :D

Welome to the forum, @simemie! I hope you enjoy the challenges.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 08:41:35 AM »

Welome to the forum, @simemie! I hope you enjoy the challenges.

Ditto, @simemie. Thank you for joining the forum and good luck this coming season.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 08:53:56 AM »
@Metropolis Man, Can players with the console version participate? The console game seems to be almost identical to the PC version, so my inclination would be to say yes, but I want to check before giving the go-ahead.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 08:58:27 AM »
@Metropolis Man, Can players with the console version participate? The console game seems to be almost identical to the PC version, so my inclination would be to say yes, but I want to check before giving the go-ahead.

I don't see why not. The more the merrier, right? :) Does anyone know of any differences in mechanics of the console version of Sims 4 that may give a challenge player some advantage?

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 04:08:59 PM »
If anything console players may be at a disadvantage in more generalised challenges, having access to less expansions etc. But for the first challenge at least they should be okay.

Offline MissYuna4ever

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 07:04:48 PM »
Oh wow, I'm pleased I found my login details again as this sounds really interesting ^_^ I'm hope to participate in as many of the tournaments as possible, even if it's just to experience different aspects of the game ^_^

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 07:07:04 PM »
Oh wow, I'm pleased I found my login details again as this sounds really interesting ^_^ I'm hope to participate in as many of the tournaments as possible, even if it's just to experience different aspects of the game ^_^

Woot! Welcome back. :) Good luck in the upcoming challenges.

Offline Sam Priest

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2017, 02:22:54 PM »
Good evening! New to the forum and the idea of challenges.

Could you explain why we use the Short lifespan?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2017, 03:13:44 PM »
Good evening! New to the forum and the idea of challenges.

Could you explain why we use the Short lifespan?

Welcome to the forum, @Sam Priest. For years Tournament challenges were always played in the Normal lifespan. Given a lot of events have you finishing when your Sim turns Adult, or Elder it can be quite a grind with the number of game days needed to play. So, this year we made the change to the Short lifespan and have received quite a bit of positive feedback since the amount of time needed to play many events was almost cut in half.

Offline hanalu

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2017, 04:02:53 PM »
Literally just made an account to join in with this! Wish I'd know last year as spent WAY too much of my time curled up in bed signed off work with Hypermesis could have filled my time with challenges!

Might be joining the first one if I don't talk myself out of purchasing Vampires as I don't currently own that one!

ETA - oops... downloading now.... I have zero willpower

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2017, 04:16:13 PM »
Literally just made an account to join in with this! Wish I'd know last year as spent WAY too much of my time curled up in bed signed off work with Hypermesis could have filled my time with challenges!

Might be joining the first one if I don't talk myself out of purchasing Vampires as I don't currently own that one!

ETA - oops... downloading now.... I have zero willpower

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the first event.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2017, 04:31:19 PM »
Welcome to the forums @hanalu and @Sam Priest. Good luck in the Challenge Tournaments.

Offline shashniae

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2018, 11:37:15 AM »
I am starting this tournament and I am so exsited.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 07:24:28 AM »
I am back from... I guess, 2015? :D For two last years, I had no chance to participate. But I hope I will be able to participate fully this year!

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 07:35:16 AM »
I have a question though. Do I have to own all stuff packs? I missed a lot, and buying all of them at once will cost a fortune :( I'm not sure if they affect the game drastically.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 09:10:18 AM »
I have a question though. Do I have to own all stuff packs? I missed a lot, and buying all of them at once will cost a fortune :( I'm not sure if they affect the game drastically.

Welcome back! I think the only challenge we've done that requires a stuff pack is the one with voidcritters. We try to keep the majority of the challenges at base game level, although occasionally having additional game or expansion packs might give a player a scoring advantage.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 09:34:19 AM »

Yeah, it seems like the trend with gaming publishers now is to nickel and dime players to death by constantly adding more and more stuff. :( EA is not alone in this respect, but sheesh...it's overwhelming sometimes between the Expansion Packs, Game Packs, and Stuff Packs. Okay, off my soapbox.

Offline Karababy56

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 08:14:38 PM »
Hello, so excited to enter this tournament for the first time. I wish I had Vampires so I could do that challenge, but alas, I don't. Ah well, I'll just bide my time and practice for the second challenge, Handiness. Thanks to whomever posted a thread on the official Sims forum about the tournament and answered my questions there. This person is the reason I'm here now. Good luck everyone!  :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 05:15:59 AM »
Good luck, Karababy56. Is the Origin sale still on? If so, you might be able to pick up the Vampire pack for cheap.

Offline Karababy56

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2018, 05:49:00 AM »
@Metropolis Man

Yes, Vampires is still on sale, 25% off. But even at that low price, our budget just won't allow for it right now. It's a bummer, but I'll live. :)

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2018, 09:05:51 PM »
Are potions allowed for this year's challenges? Like insta-fun and insta-hygiene.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2018, 05:32:47 AM »
Are potions allowed for this year's challenges? Like insta-fun and insta-hygiene.

The team tried to lighten up a bit this year and reduce the number of banned things, so yeah...you're fine.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2018, 06:39:55 PM »
Okay, the team has gotten some recent questions on placing EA lots if one chooses to do that. Unfortunately, I am guilty of giving out conflicting answers, so let's be clear. Here are two changes that hopefully will clear things up...

All challenges begin in a fresh, virgin, completely unaltered town of your choosing. If you wish to place an EA lot such as the spa, then you must do so at the beginning of your file. Personal inventory items may be placed on non-home lots, but aside from this, non-home lots must remain unaltered.

Editing Non-Home Lots - Anything from personal inventory that can be placed on a non-home lot is allowed, but this is the only allowed editing of non-home lots.   

----------------

EDIT: @christinal3106 and @MomOfMany -- my sincerest apologies for giving out two different answers. Lol. Is the above word changes helpful? The bottom line is you CAN place EA lots, but the only edits you can make to any non-home lot is what could be placed from personal inventory.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2018, 07:40:12 PM »
Yes thank you this is helpful!

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2018, 09:37:14 PM »
Got it, thank you so much.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2018, 05:31:56 AM »
Can i clarify that "EA lot" is anything that comes in an official pack and does not include anything that EA makes through their official Maxi #?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2018, 05:44:00 AM »
Can i clarify that "EA lot" is anything that comes in an official pack and does not include anything that EA makes through their official Maxi #?

Right. It would be lots via the base game, Expansion Packs, Game Packs, and Stuff Packs.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2018, 04:14:37 PM »
I hope it's okay to ask this question here. I noticed it's expected for the winner of a tournament to 'discuss how they approached the event in detail.' Does that usually mean winners take screenshots and share their tournament journey, or is it usually just a text recap? :D I love seeing screenshots of other gameplay, and I want to know if I should be taking shots when I do a challenge!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2018, 04:20:29 PM »
Hi there @rika1431 -- welcome to the forum. The entire Tournament and all its challenges are run on the honor system. Winners must reveal detailed strategy because if something does not sit right with the team logically, then we have the right to do further inquiries and even ask for a player's file to verify. And not to scare you, but I have shown a couple players the door after a group decision was made that cheating occurred. Serious prizes are on the line at the end of the year, so we all need to play legit. :) Good luck in the challenges.

Oh, and screenshots are fine in the after actions reports if you choose to do that. Most players do not. In fact, I cannot remember any at all recently. Just take a look at the two events that have already closed this season to get an idea of how the winners (and others) tackle the discussion.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2018, 04:33:46 PM »
Thanks for the quick answer, @Metropolis Man! I really appreciate the detailed info. I don't expect to win a challenge anytime soon, but I'm looking forward to participating in them  ;D One other question--I have MCCC installed in my game, but obviously I need to not have that in my file when I play a challenge. Do you know a way to create a game file separate from my normal game files, or would I just need to disable/uninstall that mod every time I create/load a challenge file?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2018, 04:42:16 PM »
One other question--I have MCCC installed in my game, but obviously I need to not have that in my file when I play a challenge. Do you know a way to create a game file separate from my normal game files, or would I just need to disable/uninstall that mod every time I create/load a challenge file?

I have never played with mods, so maybe someone else has a tip for you for the easiest way. If there is a simple way of disabling that mod, then you'd definitely need to do that. I think I have read somewhere where players have a Tournament folder that is completely modless and clean and then another folder where they can do anything they want.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2018, 05:08:47 PM »
Welcome @rika1431

To make a fresh clean mod/cc free file find your EA file here:

Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4

Right-click and rename the folder The Sims 4 to The Sims 4.0 or something easy for you. That is what I do. Then you can restart the game in Origin and it will make you a brand new Sims 4 folder that has no mods or CC. It will be just like starting from scratch.

When I switch between my folders for tournaments and reg gameplay I just rename the one The Sims 4.clean.

But you can name them what you like. I hope this helps and hasn't confused you. You can pm me if you have any questions.

Shannon

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2018, 10:59:28 AM »
@rika1431 I play with a good many mods when I'm not participating in a challenge and normally just remove the mods folder from EA documents and place it on my desktop. When I restart the game it makes a new clean mods folder automatically. Then when I want to play with mods again I just put the one from my desktop back into the original EA folder and chose the replace option.

This, I'm sure, could potentially cause game hiccups if you get a corruption in one file or the other. So, @sdhoey 's is the best way, especially if you have long running legacies or games you want to preserve. I, on the other hand, don't normally get that attached to any one save file.

Btw: if you're used to MCCC, the challenges will be quite... uum challenging. The tips and tricks after the challenges are over are indispensable when learning how to play without mods.

Offline Nomac

• Nooboo
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2018, 06:35:12 AM »
Hello!
While I've visited the Guide quite a lot over the years and read many threads, I've never yet posted anything or participated in any challenge (but they sound great).
Now, if I were to try out a challenge (which I might just do, heh!), how do I enter the contest? Do I just start playing on day one of the challenge and submit my score on the final day (surprise, I participated!), or am I required to let the team know before that I'm playing (and if so, how)?
Thanks for the help.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2018, 07:24:40 AM »
Hello!
While I've visited the Guide quite a lot over the years and read many threads, I've never yet posted anything or participated in any challenge (but they sound great).
Now, if I were to try out a challenge (which I might just do, heh!), how do I enter the contest? Do I just start playing on day one of the challenge and submit my score on the final day (surprise, I participated!), or am I required to let the team know before that I'm playing (and if so, how)?
Thanks for the help.

Hi, Nomac. You do not need approval or anything like that. Just make sure you only play your scoring file while the event is live -- i.e., look at the start and finish dates. I always post rule sets 3 weeks before events go live. That's to allow players to practice before they do their scoring attempt.

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2018, 10:55:17 AM »
Question: I know we can place EA lots, but can we replace default lots with them, or do they have to be placed on an empty lot? Like, for example, could I place Chez Llama over The Futures Past, or do I have to place it on an empty lot such as Dusty Turf?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2018, 11:02:26 AM »
Question: I know we can place EA lots, but can we replace default lots with them, or do they have to be placed on an empty lot? Like, for example, could I place Chez Llama over Desert Muse, or do I have to place it on an empty lot such as Dusty Turf?

Good question. The General Rules should be more clear on this, so let's get some team feedback. My view is always keep things as simple as possible with fewer changes = empty lots only, but let's hear from others.

Offline LazyKatie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2018, 11:15:15 AM »
Question: I know we can place EA lots, but can we replace default lots with them, or do they have to be placed on an empty lot? Like, for example, could I place Chez Llama over Desert Muse, or do I have to place it on an empty lot such as Dusty Turf?

Good question. The General Rules should be more clear on this, so let's get some team feedback. My view is always keep things as simple as possible with fewer changes = empty lots only, but let's hear from others.

Yeah, that makes the most sense to me, and is what I assumed, but I noticed the rules don't explicitly state this. Also I accidentally mixed up the name of the museum in Oasis Springs with that of the library designed for OS but isn't actually placed at the start.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2018, 07:26:36 AM »
Effective immediately (i.e. beginning with Romantic Interests) the team has the following Seasons restrictions for all Tournament challenges:

All challenges begin in a fresh, virgin, completely unaltered town of your choosing. If you wish to place an EA lot such as the spa, then you must do so at the beginning of your file. Personal inventory items may be placed on non-home lots, but aside from this, non-home lots must remain unaltered. Unless a particular ruleset lays down restrictions, you are free to travel and/or move to any neighborhood or town. Options - all default settings: Autonomy > Full; Auto Age (Played Sims) > Yes; Auto Age (Unplayed Sims) > Yes; Sim Lifespan > Short; Seasons players > No Extreme weather and Holidays turned off. 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2018, 11:27:28 AM »
Okay, hopefully, this is better:

Seasons players > No Extreme weather. Do not start any holidays of your own and turn off any holidays on the calendar.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2018, 02:56:47 PM »
Since everyone really does not know in advance when EA is going to toss the various Jasmine Holiday bonuses, the team decided to just ban contact with her in all remaining 2018 events...

No contact with Jasmine Holiday - no visits and no calling her.

------

If you accidentally make contact with her and there's no event with her going on, then no harm done. Let us know about it, and we'll go from there.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2018, 10:26:23 AM »
The team got a question today from a player asking if they could add duplicates of existing homes to their town. The answer is no. The intent of the following rule has always been that you can add missing lots. So, I italicized and clarified the following...

All challenges begin in a fresh, virgin, completely unaltered town of your choosing. If you wish to place a missing EA lot such as the spa, then you must do so at the beginning of your file. Personal inventory items may be placed on non-home lots, but aside from this, non-home lots must remain unaltered. Unless a particular ruleset lays down restrictions, you are free to travel and/or move to any neighborhood or town. Options - all default settings: Autonomy > Full; Auto Age (Played Sims) > Yes; Auto Age (Unplayed Sims) > Yes; Sim Lifespan > Short; Seasons players > No Extreme weather. Do not start any holidays of your own and turn off any holidays on the calendar.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2018, 12:46:35 PM »

All challenges begin in a fresh, virgin, completely unaltered town of your choosing. If you wish to place a missing community EA lot...

I want to further clarify the above EA lot placement rule and specify that it's community lots that has always been what the team has implied. At least I am speaking for myself. So, I added the word "community" to the rule. You cannot add someone's crazy expensive home to the neighborhood if it's not there at the start of your file. ;)

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2018, 11:49:17 AM »
I assume extreme weather is blizzards and thunderstorms and that rain and snow is fine. Is that correct? Also are we able to choose if we want to enable the temperature effect on sims?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2018, 12:05:26 PM »
Heads up Tournament and Dynasty players -- this week's major patch, unfortunately, introduced a nasty aging bug while your Sims are in CAS. Here is more information from Playalot...

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=30425.msg488181#msg488181

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2018, 12:17:43 PM »
Heads up Tournament and Dynasty players -- this week's major patch, unfortunately, introduced a nasty aging bug while your Sims are in CAS. Here is more information from Playalot...

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=30425.msg488181#msg488181

Thanks, Metro, I just added this to the IDC thread as an FYI also.

anything