Author Topic: Sink Your Teeth into the New Year  (Read 30513 times)

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
Re: Sink Your Teeth into the New Year
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2018, 10:00:30 AM »
@HelenP That's amazing, I had no idea.  @GlazeyLady It would be interesting to see how fast this challenge could really be done.  I never even knew or thought about using fish to make plasma packs.  This challenge is awesome, I had no idea it could be done so many different ways.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2018, 11:47:15 AM »
@HelenP that group drink idea was another genius idea! I'm really liking all this creative strategizing. All these ideas are definitely things i have filed away for future gameplay. I really like learning  new things from other players.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2018, 12:01:19 PM »
A big congrats to Rainbow Dash!
@Rainbow Dash @christinal3106 @GlazeyLady Thank you so much for sharing!

So fascinating to read these strategies and learn new things about gameplay.
Loved the new approaches of partying, group drinks,  and making money by making plasma packs from frogs.
I've never enjoyed the photography route so my vamp was a kleptomaniac, but we had to wait out each 8-hour cooldown.

This was such a fun challenge! I'm such a fan of challenges that require a variety of activities to complete!
Another warm welcome to the recent participants!
Let's all play as many tournament challenges as we can. (Um, at least that's one of my New Year's resolutions this year, hehe).

Again, congrats to the winning players and big thanks to the Challenges Team!  (sorry for the long post, I got rather excited...)

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2018, 12:26:47 PM »
I chose the empty lot in Forgotten Hollow and chose vampire nexus trait along with Private Dwelling to make sure a lot of vampires would come by.

Spent almost all day at the library, and switched between the vampire aspirations, got the Incredibly friendly & connections aspirations, and started saluting & turning people. As soon as I got the Connections trait I started going through all careers with Scientist being last one. After that I moved at the gym and turned some more.

My plan was to get the simray and start transforming 30 $ chairs into other objects for cash.
went to wok on Monday and turned the everyone there (except the alien) and worked on my breakthroughs to get the sim ray.

after work that night I spent sparring with every vampire I could find in the neighborhood. including Vlad, Lilith & Caleb. I also read and "searched for info on vampires" till boredom

I spent a few hours transforming chairs and selling them to have enough money to buy the seeds + mix the drinks. Went another day to work as not all 13 offspring have turned yet.

I then threw a big party with the neighborhood vampires + my offspring  (inducing some that didn't turn). spared some more to reach the number, created 1 groups with 7 vampires, did the make drink for group and canceled the interaction of my vampire drinking it, in the meantime the rest of the offspring turned so I created a second group with 6 more vampires and made another group drink.

After that I felt sorry for the elderly so I turned them back into vampires. and then I continued the "search for info on vampires"saga till I turned into master.

Looking back I see that I shouldn't have wasted the time with the job  ;D

I do have one question though: I see some people just said I spared & cured vampires - how do you do that? I searched on internet before the challenge and I only found the create drink and go to the house & leave it there then log in as the vampire and have him drink it.

Cheers,
WP

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2018, 12:36:31 PM »
@Whimsical Peanut

If your vampire has a vampire cure drink in their inventory, they will get a "Slay Vampire" interaction under Mean socials. (Without the vampire cure in inventory, only "Fight Vampire" appears.)
If your vampire chooses "Slay Vampire" and wins the fight, they'll automatically throw the drink at the other vampire and cure them.

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2018, 01:09:57 PM »
@Whimsical Peanut

If your vampire has a vampire cure drink in their inventory, they will get a "Slay Vampire" interaction under Mean socials. (Without the vampire cure in inventory, only "Fight Vampire" appears.)
If your vampire chooses "Slay Vampire" and wins the fight, they'll automatically throw the drink at the other vampire and cure them.

I'm pretty sure that, unless a specific challenge rule set states otherwise, we must never use Manage Households to switch away from our main sim (in this case, the vampire we first created in CAS).

Perfect thank you for the explanation. Did not know of that method that is why I invited everyone over for a drink 8)

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2018, 01:45:13 PM »
@Whimsical Peanut Your way is probably better anyway.  The slay vampire is the only way I have ever cured them, so I just thought that was what had to be done.  I didn't even consider other ways.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simemie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2018, 02:11:31 PM »
Pretty sure slay vampire only comes up when you have a negative relationship too so if you were friends with the vampires you couldn't slay them. I had to do a few other mean interactions first to bring the relationship down. :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2018, 02:27:02 PM »
Oh wow, congrats @Rainbow Dash

I made a lot of mistakes.  I didn't have time to practice unfortunately and it shows in my score XD But one of the tricks I did pick up... Do you know how much the vampire cure drink is worth?  A lot XD If i had found that earlier on in the challenge, my score would be lower, I think.  When I discovered it and discovered that you can use the seed packets as the actual fruit, I made a bunch of drinks, then sold them from my vampire's inventory.  I made the money needed for the rest of the drinks quickly (I think, even without marketable and all that, the drinks were worth anywhere from $4500-6500 a piece, so you're doubling your money at least by selling one drink).  Really wish I had discovered that earlier on especially since there were days of her just trying to make money and/or waiting for the plants to respawn.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2018, 04:12:25 PM »
@simemie I had slay vampire no matter the relationship with the vampire as long as at least 1 vampire cure was in my inventory.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2018, 05:54:10 PM »
My vamp read all the vampire tomes, took Vlad's tips on her phone, had him come over and slept in his most expensive coffin one night after getting trained by him.  He also came over at some point.  My Sim became friends with Vlad and Caleb and his sister, as well as another vamp, and they all trained her.  My vamp's schedule was to read during the day for the first part of the challenge, and then, drink a few plasma packs in between compelling Sims for deep drinks.  She also spent some time at the house "The Lighthouse" in Windenburg and compelled them for several drinks, at the beginning especially.  She also slept in their bed before she could sleep in a coffin, took a shower in between reading tomes.  My vamp knew enough vampires to spar, so those 13 were done. 

Then, my vamp went to that nightclub in Windenburg, and tons of Sims were there that night, so, she turned all of them.  Therefore, that goal was complete, as well as my vamp's becoming a grand master earlier that day.  I wrote down every Sim's name that my vamp turned.  Then, my vamp prepared the drinks and cured the 13 whom she had turned. 

Offline simemie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2018, 06:28:58 PM »
@Shewolf13 I realised that too! Sadly I didn't realise it until I was in the last drink or two and I'd already raised enough money from other means so I wish I'd done a practice round and found that out then.

@cyclonenic Huh, weird. Maybe I just remember wrong but I could've sworn the option didn't show up for me until they disliked each other. :/

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2018, 06:59:38 PM »
@cyclonenic @simemie   I'm pretty sure Slay Vampire doesn't show up if you are friends, but you don't have to have a negative relationship - really low friends works too.  For example, I had my vamp turn another sim - no introduction, and nothing to cause them to be friends (rewards or traits).  After turning the sim, the relationship would be slightly green (positive) and I would have Slay Vampire as an option.  In a practice, I had friendship traits/rewards, and they would start out as friends, and the option would not be there.

Offline cyclonenic

• Townie
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2018, 07:18:46 PM »
That's interesting to know @GlazeyLady. I had incredibly friendly trait and was outgoing but since I always turned without permission I took a dent in relationship so never actually became friends with anyone in game. Guess I got lucky there!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2018, 07:50:06 PM »
Posted by: Metropolis Man
« on: January 20, 2018, 03:39:30 PM »

It's fun to be a spectator too in these final hours with a couple major threats still looming -- LenaLJ and lesleyj42. Will they throw down crazy scores and take Rainbow Dash's first win away? *grabs some popcorn and eagerly waits...*

It's certainly neck and neck that's for sure. Move over Metro, I need that popcorn more than you do right now. *Steals popcorn and stares at the leader board nervously*

@Rainbow Dash - I hope I am not embarrassing you, but I have happened to notice you on a couple times since I have closed the event. I am surprised you have not popped in this thread to say something. I did send you a PM. Congrats again on your win. We're all anxious to hear your strategy.

anything