Author Topic: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway 10.70: Faina Lee, Finished! (Completed 19/06/2018)  (Read 143561 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Merri, Merri, Quite Contrary
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2018, 08:52:19 PM »
2.13: Merri, Merri, Quite Contrary

Week 10/Thursday

Cirius: People believe the life of a dynasty heir is so glamorous, but what do they know?
Well, okay, there's the satisfaction of knowing that one's family will grow and prosper.

But the rewards aren't just handed to you, I'll have you know.
I might be doing it wrong, but I'm constantly occupied with little time for rest.

And to prepare for the transition to Merri, I've been gradually upgrading all the appliances to reduce their "breakability."
If she wants to learn handiness before moving out, I can mentor her at the woodworking table.

On weekday mornings, I help the kids get focused for school. If time permits, I pack them a lunch, too.
When they return, I praise them for their grades and encourage them to start their homework.
Merri can't wait to start high school until tomorrow.

Whenever Masaya or Mot get home from work, I often go the foyer to call them over.
If not, they'll stand for hours out front without taking care of themselves.

I'm not sure why they don't come inside to shower, eat, rest, relax, or whatever they should be doing.

Cirius: Now you can paint my portrait, Merri, just like you'd wanted.
Merri: Thanks for mentoring me, Papa. You know, I kinda didn't mind being locked in the bathroom this afternoon.
At least, you left me a violin and an easel, but why the bathroom?

Cirius: This is the only bathroom in the house with a sink and it's locked for everyone but you and me.
I can find you here, without fail, a few times a day. But I'll see about enlarging your bedroom to include a creative studio.
Merri: Could I have your ensuite bathroom, Papa? Pretty please?

Seiji the Gardener: Arrggh, I'm feeling so tense!
Cirius: That's no surprise! You've been here for 12+ hours now.
You won't leave even after I dismiss or fire you. What's your problem?

Friday

Mizuki: What do you think, readers? I feel like Cirius and I are drifting apart.
I never promised him that I was the domestic sort.
And let's face it, people. Who prefers housework to video gaming?

Still, I need to find some way back into my husband's heart.
I wish he could influence me like he does with our children…

Cirius: Ever since my parents' deaths and my adult birthday, I've been more aware of ageing.
Take, for example, my co-worker Akito Nakamura. Why does he remain a young adult?

I invite him over to see if I can discover his secret. Nope, he doesn't seem to be a vampire.
Is he one of those living statues?

With all the fuss over Masaya's sons on Sunday, I forgot to mention that my clubmate Masato is a young adult now.
As a birthday gift, I give him a makeover this morning and dyed his hair black.

Besides being a perfectionist insider, his new trait is cheerful. I wonder what his aspiration is.

The garden? Oh, I stashed all my plants in family inventory, hoping to drive the gardener away.
But, no, the gardener's still here.

Merri: Back from my first day of school!
Mama, you need to step your game up!
You just stand there, so I'm helping Nimb with his homework instead of doing my own.

Merri: When Papa gets home from work, he takes us all to the Spice Festival.
It's my first visit to San Myshuno!
Oh look, Masato colored his hair after graduating from high school!

Cirius: I find no UFO plant at the festival but invite everyone to try the Spicy Curry Challenge.
Hey, my daughter better NOT be checking out Masato!

Merri: Masaya, Nimb, and I all earn the title of Spice Curry Champion!
But guess who's the only one to receive the champion's t-shirt?

Masaya: Nice going, FDIL!
Merri: FDIL?
Masaya: Future-Daughter-in-Law, duh.

Masato: So, this is how old fogies spend Friday night these days?
Mot: Hey, back off! Last week, while you were a teen, the three of us were still young adults!
Cirius: Besides, how can we go out when Mizuki and Merri have gone to bed early?

Masaya: We should go clubbing tomorrow night! Show junior here how we senior citizens get down!
Cirius: Tomorrow would work! Everyone could go, including Nimb.

Saturday

Cirius: My heart aches for Nimb who's just three days younger than Merri.
But he was a toddler during our last free day, so now he'll never complete an aspiration as a child.

He's been easy to raise. So far, he's been well-mannered, responsible, and good-natured.

Cirius: Surprisingly, I earn a promotion to Grand Steward of the Arts today.
This makes me this dynasty's first sim to max a career. Go me!

Week 11/Sunday

Masaya: I thought we were all going clubbing last night? What happened?
Cirius (sighs): You and Mot fell asleep early but I was also busy dealing with our gardener problem.

Masaya: Oh, you mean that blue gardener who wouldn't leave?
Cirius: Yeah, I got permission from The-Powers-Above to have him eliminated him from our simverse.
But right after he got eliminated last night, another gardener arrived in our yard.

Masaya: So, can't you just get the second gardener eliminated, too?
Cirius: I did, but that only resulted in the arrival of a third gardener.

Masaya: So, now what?
Cirius: Eh, I fenced in the garden a few days ago. Everyone's locked out except the household and my club.
I can unlock it whenever I actually want to hire a gardener. The-Powers-Above have approved.

Cirius: Arrrgggh, the gardener was looking so pathetic that I unlocked the garden for him.
But after a hour or so, he's come into the house and I can't ask him to leave.

Masaya: So….have your third gardener eliminated?
Cirius: Yep.
Masaya: Is that a fourth gardener standing out by the garden?
Cirius: Yep. *cries

Cirius: All the starting adult sims in our simverse passed away several weeks ago.
And even the starting young adults sims have all passed away, except the Active ones.
That's why I take household (and my club) to Skye Fitness this afternoon.

I make Nimb take a time-out, though, for making two messes right in a row.
And here I thought the boy was well-mannered!

Monday

Cirius: I work from home today and get two assignments at this evening's Humor & Hijinks Festival.
I take the whole household plus clubmate Masato.

But when I can't find any performers to watch, I do what any unscrupulous parent would do.
I influence my two teenage kids to "practice a comedy routine."

By the way, my review is rejected by my editor who insists my daughter's stale jokes hardly count as "a performance."

Cirius: Yes, you heard me right: two teenage kids. Nimb had a birthday late last night.
He's now an outgoing geek with The Curator aspiration.
Nimb didn't have a single free day as a child, so he deserves an easy aspiration as a teen.

After his comedy routine, Nimb (blue/white sweatshirt) spends most of the festival watching the fireworks.

Cirius: I'm absolutely floored to learn that Masaya has sampled over half of San Myshuno's recipes.
When did he ever have the time to do that?

And speaking of sampling, Morgan Fyres greets him at the festival with a passionate smooch.
With our last free day 13 days away, elderly Yuki won't live to check on Masaya's love life.

Tuesday

Cirius: I level my Vampire Lore to be able to grow some new plants.
Imagine my horror to see our fourth gardener, reaching through the fence to plant my wolfsbane.
Can you help a brother out, Watchette?

Sure thing, Cirius. *moves the garden pot out of the dang gardener's reach

Wednesday

Cirius: The moment I leave for work, my clubmate Masato runs outside with Aaradhya Anand.
Aaradhya's my newest club member. All I know about her so far is that she's a young adult cat-lover.

Looks like all those hours Masato has spent meditating and practicing yoga are paying off.
I've been giving him tips on cooking, repair, and parenting, too.
When Merri moves him in with her, she must tell me what his skills are!

How funny that Masato gives her yet another massage during Cirius's five-hour work shift.

Merri: Yes, I'm still wearing my Curry Champion t-shirt! I'm also seething mad from a mood swing.
Masato: I'm just gonna sit here quietly and eat this piece of shepherd's pie.
Nimb: Hmmmm, my homework is so interesting today…

Cirius: I return home to find my "neat" wife feeling upset about a dirty dish she'll never clean.
Papa warned me about making a pretty woman my wife…

Merri: Thanks to Papa who suggested I redirect my anger, I'm going on my first-ever jog!
I love the outdoors so I'm feeling so much better now!

And, just think! Masaya's sons will be teens in two days and I'll be a young adult in another week!
As you've probably guessed, I'm sooooo ready to become the active heir!

Points: I won't bore you with my scoring this time. Just know that we're holding steady at 41 points. :D

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Merri, Merri, Quite Contrary (01/08 new)
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2018, 09:08:33 PM »
Those teen mood swings can be killers XD  And holy gardeners, Batman! That's insane...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2018, 09:19:15 PM »
Wow, I think the local gardeners' union is staging some weird sort of dynasty-centered protest!
Merri is lovely and delightful.  I'm looking forward to her taking over the active role  :=)
Poor Mizuki!  Cirius surely still loves her.  He just doesn't love her approach to tidiness.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2018, 09:28:10 PM »
@Shewolf13
I'm trying to avoid looking at the gardener anymore because the bug is so maddening!
Of course, the wife Mizuki goes out and socializes with the gardener(s) while Cirius is at work, lol.

What I'm hoping is that this bug is associated with this Yuma Heights lot and won't follow Merri when she moves out...

@PeregrineTook
I checked over at EA Answer HQ and the gardener glitch is a known bug.
Oh, I forgot to mention that Mizuki finally contributed a point! She maxed dancing...
At least the gardener glitch motivates me to get Merri moved out asap.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2018, 09:59:44 PM »
Wow, quite an update. Ouch with all of the gardeners, though, jeez. That is just...wow. Merri continues to be awesome and I kinda feel bad for Cirius, having to be stuck with Mizuki once Merri takes over and moves out. At least she finally did something that wasn't 'contribute (excellently) to the Lee gene pool'? Also, man you are great at pollinating on such short time spans. Here's hoping some of Masato's kids turn out decently.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2018, 10:15:36 PM »
@dontmindme
I'm really eager to start playing Merri. I can't tell yet if she'll be awesome or not.
Compared to Cirius who was the heir for two weeks before moving out, however, Merri will only live at home as heir for around four days.
Not sure how that will work out but I have my fingers crossed.
As for the pollinating, Masaya doesn't have the Fertile trait but every one of his trysts resulted in a pregnancy, which was more luck than skill.
My bad for wasting his time with two adults who don't live long enough to raise their children. But once his three sons are teens, they'll be safe.

I've really struggled with the scoring and timing of this challenge. Merri will hopefully benefit from my various past mistakes!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Romance Festival Goes South
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2018, 10:06:40 PM »
2.14: The Romance Festival Goes South

Week 11/Wednesday

Cirius: How would I run this house without my clubmates?
Masato and Aaradhya keep our home clean and help out in the garden whenever needed.

I'm shocked to discover that Nimb can't earn an A because he only has Level 1 skills.
While helping Nimb with Video Gaming, my clubmates and I take a well-deserved break.

Thursday

Cirius: Merri will only be the controlled sim at this house for roughly half a week before moving out.
To help out, I've been working on raising our home's worth for Merri's Mansion Baron aspiration.
It means I spend less time with the household, but I want Merri to have a strong start.

Nimb is such a trooper, though, and does his homework all on his own.
I wish there were two of me, so I could spend more time with my son.

The fourth gardener is still around. I'm not even bothering to have him eliminated. *sighs
His poor hygiene is his own fault. He's been standing there for four days now.

Friday

Cirius: Last night, I wrote an excuse note for Merri, thinking she might spend today learning skills.
Instead, she spent all night moping around the house in a bad mood.
As a result, she slept most of the day and got nothing done at all.

I don't remember my teen years being that rough…

Masaya informs me that his three sons are all teens now, so I invite them over.
They're all handsome lads and I give each one only the slightest makeover.
I can't have my daughter dating a boy with overplucked eyebrows, right?

In alphabetical order, this one is Duncan Hayashi. He's a cheerful kleptomaniac.
I'm thinking Kleptomaniac is not a great trait for a mostly-uncontrolled sim…

I agree. He'd need access to a computer to troll the forums and the Carefree trait.
Otherwise, he'll be constantly tense. And buying Carefree early on might be impossible.

Garrison Fyres is Watchette's current favorite. He's an active dance machine.
My outdoor-loving Merri would thrive in his Countryside Windenberg neighborhood.

Herbert Bjergsen is a materialistic genius.
The Lighthouse would also be a great place for a sim who loves the outdoors, like Merri.
Well, Herbert has a sister so maybe Merri could have a pollinator to....hmmmm hmmm hmmmm.

Cirius: I'm so looking forward to Merri becoming the heir.
This has been a difficult generation and I feel like I've shouldered the burden of two heirs!

Then there are moments when the ducks line up and all my efforts seem worthwhile.
Merri has already reached Painting 6 with my mentoring. *beams with pride

Cirius: By the way, Merri, congrats on preparing excellent-quality Mac and Cheese!
Merri: About that, Papa, don't you think a dynasty spouse is a sweeter gig than a dynasty heir?

Cirius: How can you say that, Merri?
Merri: Well, just look at you and Mama! You cook, do repairs and upgrades, garden, and generally look after everyone.
You also pull in more simoleons than everyone else in the household combined.
But Mama? She dances, plays video games, and watches TV all day.
And she's always waiting for someone else to cook. She even does that to me, her daughter!
When I prepared that Mac & Cheese she's eating now, she was 12 hours from ravenously hungry.

Cirius: That's not fair, Merri. Your mother has her good points!
Merri: Such as?
Cirius: Give me a couple of days, daughter dear, I'll think of something.

Garrison: Hey, pops! It's great to see you! What are you wearing? Is that your everyday outfit?
Masaya: Uh yeah, something like that.

Saturday

Cirius: Anyway, I added the boys to my club last night so we can all get to know each other.
It's nice for Nimb to have boys his own age around, too.

Mot: Wait, where's Duncan Hayashi?
Cirius: I'm not that comfortable with having a klepto around the house, Mot.
I thought we could invite him along whenever we go on an outing. You know, away from the house?

Mot: I'll have to agree. Duncan's not as attractive a spouse prospect as the other two.
Cirius: Does that make us "traitists"?

Cirius: Merri needs to become friends with her spouse options before her next birthday.
Somehow, she hasn't even met any of them yet. I'll ask them to join me in a multi-player game!

Cirius: Gentle readers, please note this particular point in time.
This is the exact moment where Watchette abandons all pretense of even remotely considering Herbert as a spousal option.

Well, okay, Cirius. Video gaming is a good start but we need a bit more oomph!
I think you know what I mean…

Cirius: Then, you figure something out, Watchette. There's a limit to how much I can control those two!
Leave it me, bruh. You go influence Merri to play chess while I relocate the chess table.

Cirius: I'm really looking forward to playing a game of chess with you, young man!
Garrison (internally): A bit dodgy if you ask me but, hey, he's Merri's father.

So what do you think, Cirius?
Cirius: I knew you might use the flirty paintings I made for Masaya, but the incense is a nice touch!
Eh, it's probably not going to work. Look! Their friendship bar is practically non-existent. *sulks

A few hours later...
Cirius: Wow! They're not quite friends yet, but already lovebirds!

Merri seems to like Garrison. And, except for the occasional sit-up, he was quite flirty, too.
Anyway, I can't control the sims but I can interact with the room's objects. *winks

Merri: Rawwrr! Go limpo!
Garrison: Um, what does that even mean?!

Masaya: Cirius invites Mizuki, Merri, Garrison, Yuki Behr, and me to the Romance Festival.
She became an elder last week so I'm happy to spend some time with my girl!

Unfortunately, Yuki gets jealous when an ex walks up and flirts with me.
And I was just standing there, minding my own business! Way to ruin everything, Cat Ears!

Masaya: Meanwhile, Cirius declares his heat of the moment passion to Mizuki, trying to patch up their relationship.
That man is a saint!

Masaya: But then, not 10 minutes later, she goes and flirts with a random stranger.
And Cirius? He has the 24-hour Flirty Spouse (Angry +3) moodlet. Good move, Mizuki.

Week 12/Sunday

Cirius: In the morning, I add "Fix objects" to my club activities for the first time ever.
When a speaker breaks, Garrison is the first one there to repair it, surprisingly.

We enjoy a lazy Sunday. First, we (except Mizuki) visit the Flea Market where we have a late lunch.
Next, we spend a few hours at Skye Fitness to work out together.

Returning home, I discover I can influence Garrison to practice woodworking then mentor him.
What a satisfying end to a relaxing day.

Monday

Cirius: It takes Nimb an entire week to go from a B to an A grade, but he finally succeeds.
He enters a Loud phase as soon as he returns home, though, so I stash the speaker in family inventory.

Cirius: I'm so proud of you, Mot, for reaching the Extraterrestrial Explorer rank!
Mama must be feeling so proud of you now for maxing the Scientist career!

Mot: I hope so! Hey, don't let me forget to upgrade her wormhole generator on our free day!
Or maybe I should just make a new one to leave at Desert Bloom Park…

Tuesday

Cirius: As if that darn gardener was not annoying enough!
Since yesterday, he's started singing as he stands by our garden.

Yes, that's right. If he's not gazing longingly at my garden, he sings…all day and all night.

Wednesday

Merri: Today's my young adult birthday!
Papa wakes me up in the morning so I can go blow out my birthday candles.
I add the Snob trait to my previous Loves the Outdoors and Slob traits.

Checking my relationships, I see that I remain lovebirds with Garrison who's still in high school.
Ssssshhh, no one else must ever learn that I'm in love with a teenager!

Author's Notes
I'm elated to report that the next free day is planned for three days later on Saturday.
By then, Cirius will have been the controlled sim for seven sim-weeks (50 days).
As you can imagine, he's very eager to hand the reins to Merri and step down.

We are currently at 42 points. Not having the NPCs around so often will be a nice change.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: The Romance Festival Goes South (01/09 new)
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2018, 08:33:32 AM »
Oh, Mizuki.  I so want to love you, but you just make it so hard!!
Garrison is so lucky to be able to bask in the glory that is Merri.  Go limpo indeed.  I'm so looking forward to their relationship taking center stage  :=)
The title for the update was so spot on!  The Romance Festival was simply a tragedy for both couples you brought along.  Those darned jealousy moodlets!!!
Your video gaming shots were great!  You captured such wonderful expressions in them!
I'll be interested to see if the gardener keeps lingering by the garden after Merri moves out. 

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2018, 11:14:28 AM »
Oh-oh dear!  Ya know, I've never had an issue with a Sim flirting with someone not their spouse at the Romance Festival.  Though now you've made me paranoid lol.  Hehehe, I love the loud phase.  Jewel was always in the rebellious phase XD  Garrison is a serious cutie!  Oh my, those children are going to be so lovely.  I can't wait!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2018, 11:29:51 AM »
@PeregrineTook
My main goal for bringing those particular couples to the Romance Festival was to to bring Mizuki back into the narrative fold, but now Cirius has a red romance bar with her.
And I'd also envisioned a lovely last date for Masaya and Yuki. :(
Oh well, I tried.
I see Merri mostly as an uncooperative uncontrolled sim at this point. I'm sure I'll appreciate her in all her glory once she becomes the controlled sim. :D
If the gardener follows Merri to her new home, I'm going to do a soft reset (or whatever it's called).

@Shewolf13
About Mizuki flirting, when the group arrived at the festival, Cirius used the "Pour sakura tea together" action then he threw sakura petals on Merri and Garrison.
Mizuki started hitting on the random stranger when Cirius went off to buy a festival t-shirt. Mizuki moves fast--we all know how little time it takes to buy festival swag!
Yes, the nooboos of Merri and Garrison!!! I'm hoping for twins! (Well, first, I need to get Merri moved out, hehe.)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Waiting for Godo(t)ldrums
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2018, 10:54:27 AM »
3.15: Waiting for GoDo(t)ldrums

Week 12/Wednesday

Merri: Thanks largely to Papa's help, I complete Mansion Baron today.
Everyone in the house plus Papa's club have contributed to our home's worth.
But I would say that Papa definitely spearheaded those efforts.

Since I'm now an aspiring Freelance Botanist, Papa's brings me to Magnolia Blossom Park.
Did you know there's a new community garden here, over by the playground?

Cirius: After planting most of the seeds, I influence Merri to garden.
She won't plant seeds autonomously, but she's gets a tiny head start with her aspiration.

Cirius: Merri and I going out without the others makes a first for us.
Discovery! We each get a "Snobbishly Surrounded" moodlet because we're both snobs. Cool!

Thursday

Cirius: Before I forget, I jog down behind the now vacant Landgraabs' lot to break open that cave entrance.
Who knows? A future Lee heir might move into Affluista Mansion someday.

Merri: I wake up this morning worried that I'd forgotten to join a career.
Then I remember. I can't find a job until our free day. Doh.

Friday

Cirius: Today's my final day as the active heir. How to best prepare the next generation for what's to come?
We start out at the Perfect Balance Spa, but I can't persuade my kids to practice yoga.

Since they'd rather work out, we visit the new Deluxe Fitness Center in downtown Willow Creek.
I pray that Merri and Garrison enjoy a joyful married life, prosperity, and good health.
(And, yes, we've decided on Garrison regardless of which third trait he gains.)

Cirius: Dud shows up at the gym and we catch up on old times.
It's unfortunate that we didn't spend more time with Dud, but I've had my hands full.

Looking back, I should have invited him over more often.
Even when I was busy, he could have hung out with everyone else at home.

Cirius: My only other regret is that I couldn't spend more time fishing.
Hopefully, the dynastic foundation we've built will give future heirs more leisure time.

Okay, time for me to head back to the gym and max my fitness!

Saturday

Cirius: When I finish writing this novel, I'll have maxed my designated skill and earned my 50th point.

Considering the many mistakes Watchette has made so far, I'm understandably concerned.
After our last free day ends this time tomorrow, will Garrison age up in time?
That is, will Merri have enough time to propose, move out, and give birth to an heir in 10 days?

Merri: Papa's fourth and last free day has officially started!
I alternate between gardening and woodworking, while Nimb gets started on The Curator aspiration.
Nimb: Dad's been great and has been planning for weeks!
That's why I have so many dig sites to plunder wherever we go. Thanks, Dad!

Merri: In the evening, we visit Point & Click then the Lee Museum.
Strangely, the shots I take using the photo studio are worth less than the ones I took as a child.
Do you think it's because I used an expensive camera?
And this is the shot Papa took of me so I can paint my self-portrait at home.

Week 13/Sunday

Nimb: I get my birthday notice early in the morning, just as we expected.
It's 6 am when I grab a cake from family inventory and we all head for Desert Bloom Park.

An outgoing geek and newborn dance machine, I wanna be a scientist like Grandma and Uncle Mot!
I'm waiting to join up, though, until after I can buy Connections.

Merri: Thanks for the reminder, Nimb. And I don't need Connections! *joins the Critic career
While Nimb continues pillaging the dig sites, I have Papa mentor me in handiness.

Papa tested pumpkin carving for me last week, and one pumpkin took him 2 hours.
At maxed handiness, Papa carved a masterpiece pumpkin for $349. I'm so jealous!
Sadly, my situation calls for a collection that isn't quite so time-consuming.

Merri: In case you're wondering what's going on with Garrison, we became good friends today.
Apparently, he's a Romantic Interest and we're Lovebirds.
I give him what I hope other sims will regard as a friendly hug. *winks

Uncle Dud threw his birthday party 2 days before Papa and Uncle Mot got their birthday notices.
So, I'm planning to remove Garrison from my club in a few days.
If he's at his home, maybe he'll throw an early birthday party and send me an invite.

Anyway, let's head out to Chez Sul Sul for brunch before heading home, folks!

Cirius: Hey, Mizuki #2, fancy meeting you here! How have you been?
Mizuki #2: Oh no! I forgot to…um…turn off the sprinklers before leaving home!
Hope to see you all again soon! *dashes off

Merri: I'm starving, folks! What does everyone want to order?
Masaya: Oh gosh! Where's my smartphone? I must have dropped it at Desert Bloom Park.
No need to wait for me. I'll grab a bite to eat when I get home. *walks quickly out the door

Merri: Our final free day was over in a blink of the eye, leaving me officially the active heir.
Papa has prepared me well, teaching me how to paint, woodwork, and write.

And, yes, that red arrow directs your gaze to our ever-present gardener. *rolls eyes

Garrison: Hey, Merri! I thought you'd glued yourself to that woodworking table!
Merri: Feels like it. How you doing tonight? *chitchats with her teen lovebird

Garrison: So, I wish I could tell you exactly when my birthday is, but I don't know myself.
Merri: I think we're doing okay time-wise. Meanwhile, wanna be my BFF?

Masaya: Hey, that's my little boy you're hugging! *frowns suspiciously #DoubleStandard

Monday

Merri: Nimb and I leave for our first day of work at the same time as Uncle Mot.
Look at Nimb, looking so serious and professional!

Nimb: I bear the dubious honor of being Watchette's first sim to not complete a childhood aspiration.
I couldn't even max a childhood skill, but I've become responsible with good manners.
Yeah, sorry about that, Nimb. I scheduled everything around Merri and you lost out.

Nimb: It's cool. Uncle Mot mentored me in Logic during most of our free day.
I bet I'll max Scientist even faster than Uncle Mot, if you don't blow it this time, Watchette.
*coughs awkwardly

Merri: I'm promoted to Level 4 and branch to the Food Critic career.
I'm not sure if I should be happy about my promotion or not.

But maybe I'll try to avoid more promotions until after I move out. Garrison, age faster!

Tuesday

Garrison: So, that's your museum space, Merri? You're done with it?
Merri: Yeah, I'm all finished with my museum contributions.

Garrison: Isn't that the same painting of your father that you showed me on the third floor?
Merri: You're right. I made a copy of it for here so the whole household could be together.
Portrait value:      $2,844
Collection value: $40,471

Merri: I have two work-from-home assignments, so I invite Garrison and the fam to Creekside Bar.
It's that new bar in downtown Willow Creek. I only have to review three drinks.

By the way, don't Papa and Garrison's father Masaya look dashing in their party wear?
Masaya is 93 days old but doesn't look like an elder because he dyed his hair.
Papa and Uncle Mot's elder birthday is in three days on Friday.

Merri: I've reviewed one drink but can't review a second drink, no matter how many drinks I imbibe!

Wednesday

Merri: My clubmates and I are still going strong at 2 am! (I sent Garrison home three hours ago.)
It finally dawned on me that I had to review the 3 drinks at 3 different establishments.
Here at the Cadenza Lounge in downtown Oasis Springs, I'm reviewing my third drink at last.

Watchette, how did you not know how drink reviews work?
Uh, I read somewhere that job performance stays the same when working from home.
Because of that, I almost never have sims work from home. *shrugs

Merri: I straggle home at 6 am after finally getting credit for reviewing a third drink.  Arrggghhh!

Merri: Glutton for punishment that I am, I work from home again today.
You see, I'm hoping against hope that Garrison will phone me about his early birthday party.
But no phone call from Garrison of that sort today.

At least, Papa and I enjoy meals at two restaurants while I review them.
Tomorrow, Garrison will throw a birthday party, for sure!

Merri: In other news, my stunningly beautiful Mama becomes an elder this evening.
Like Masaya, she dyes her hair and doesn't seem to have changed much.
They only have tiny wrinkles about the eyes, but the telltale senior slouch gives them away.

Recently, my parents have lost their red romance bars and are just good friends.

Thursday

Merri: Recklessly, I phone in "fake sick" to wait for Garrison's phone call. *sighs
Then, around noon, I decide to take Papa on a trip he'll always remember.

The wonders of Sixam defy description.
Maybe another day, once I'm done chasing after Garrison, I'll find the words to describe the miracle that is Sixam.

Returning home, I restlessly wait until evening then begin writing a review for tomorrow.
Oh! There's Garrison jogging down our street. And he's heading for our front door.

Did Masaya tell his son about having received his first notice from Grim last night?

I run downstairs eagerly to greet Garrison. Nope, he's still a teen.
Next update, for sure!

Cirius Lee's Free Day #4 (11 points)
1 point carried over
Designated skill (3): Writing 8-10
Promotions (10): Cirius/ArtCr 8-10, Masaya/Bus 6-7; Mot/Sci 7-10, Tetsu/Sci 2
Grades (6): Merri/B, A, A; Nimb/B, A, A
Maxed skills (10): Merri/Mental; Mizuki & Mot/Dancing; Cirius/Fitness & Writing
Maxed jobs (4): Cirius/Art Critic, Mot/Scientist
Maxed aspiration (2): Merri/Mansion Baron
Character value traits (2): Merri/Responsible, Good Manners
Good friends (3): Masato Ikeda, Aanya Srivastava, Garrison Fyres
Satisfaction points (2): +2,000 sp
Household funds (2): +$30,000
Passed out (-2): Masaya, Tetsu
NPCs (-31): Nanny x12, Gardener x6, Massage x4, Repair x4, Maid x4, Pizza x1

Cirius Lee's Total Points (51 points)
Designated Skill (9): Writing 2-10
Maxed skills/jobs/aspirations (32):
   Maxed skills (24): Cirius (12), Merri (6), Nimb (2), Mizuki (2), Mot (2)
   Maxed jobs (4): Cirius (2), Mot (2)
   Maxed aspirations (4): Cirius (2), Merri (2)
Promotions (27):
    Job promotions (19): Cirius (7), Mot (6), Masaya (5), Tetsu (1)
    School grades (6): Merri (3), Nimb (3)
    Character traits (2): Merri (2)
Satisfaction pts (6): 1,000 sp x6
Household funds (4): +$30,000 x2
Good Friends (10)
Wishing Well (2): Promotion wish x2
Fire (-2)
Passed out (-3)
NPCs (-33)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Waiting for Godoldrums (01/11)
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2018, 11:50:30 AM »
Woo! Congrats on taking over Merri! I hope Garrson neediness a young adult soon!

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2018, 01:05:32 PM »
"Nimb: I bear the dubious honor of being Watchette's first sim to not complete a childhood aspiration.
I couldn't even max a childhood skill, but I've become responsible with good manners.
Yeah, sorry about that, Nimb. I scheduled everything around Merri and you lost out."

This is a great story, btw. I found it today and have been enjoying it immensely.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2018, 02:36:04 PM »
Congratulations on transferring control to Merri! Your stalking gardener has been funny (annoying to you, funny to your readers), especially the one that sings. And Mizuki is beautiful, even if she's useless. I do agree with her, though, in preferring video games to house cleaning.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Waiting for GoDo(t)ldrums (01/11)
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2018, 08:04:36 PM »
Garrison!  Age up already!!
If he isn't aged up in time, will Merri emerge-marry one of Garrison's half-brothers to ensure the move out and birth of the next heir occur in time?

anything