Author Topic: Defunded or Forgotten? A Side Project (7/31)  (Read 7197 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Defunded or Forgotten? A Side Project (7/31)
« on: July 12, 2020, 05:12:06 PM »

For a bit of background: I was challenged to do a lot of writing in July and to finish a challenge by September on a place unknown and yeah, I still haven't posted those immortal dynasties that I said I was gonna post. It's exclusively hosted on one of my blogs, and forum-friendly for us except for tackling appropriate-yet-obscure social issues I may not be equipped for, and also that it's kinda boring.

Anyways! The copy-and-paste job starts.

So I've never seen anyone do the "Opportunity School" challenge that I linked above and wasn't even able to find proof of it ever being done anywhere. For once I can go where no simmer has gone before. In summary: adopt four kids at a time to raise into well-adjusted, skilled, educated adults and repeat five times. It ain't the Orphanage Project but maybe one day.

The rules haven't been updated in a while (and let's be real, were stuck in the middle of a TS2 -> TS3 transition, though making a challenge is hard work and I respect what OP did no matter what) and some of them I think need changing anyways. Yeah apparently I'll drop my well-known annoying rule-stickler dynasty queen morals at a moment's notice after all. Let's be transparent here...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, and scoring for reference. I removed things that were clear holdovers from TS2, things I wasn't gonna do anyways (having natal children), and changed a couple:

Positives:

Negatives:

Bonus:

Chapters

Chapter 1 (7/1)
Chapter 2 (7/3)
Chapter 3 (7/7)
Chapter 4 (7/14)
Chapter 5 (7/29)
Chapter 6 (7/29)
Chapter 7 (7/31)
Chapter 8 (7/31)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Defunded or Forgotten? A Side Project (7/7)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 05:15:20 PM »
Scores

Class #1: Shane Evans, BettyJo Whitehorse, Chrystal Hathalie, Sheena Stone

Class #2: Noam Yazzie, Winifred Holiday, Jacqueline Begaye, Walker Nez (IN PROGRESS)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Defunded or Forgotten? A Side Project (7/14)
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 06:31:32 PM »

Sheena's turn has arrived and she's boring someone I had to think about an arc for since no one drowned (spoilers?)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Defunded or Forgotten? A Side Project (7/29)
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 11:12:43 PM »
A double whammy to make up for going mad behind the scenes.

Sheena becomes a teenager and even makes a friend, if not under the 100% best circumstances. Brunch happens too.

We get a glimpse of Sandria's vaguely less stressful dumpster fire of a personal life. Gemini decides she needs a rivalry with a fellow teacher, or maybe it's all in her head.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Defunded or Forgotten? A Side Project (7/29)
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 09:55:42 PM »

Jacqueline tells her side of a story, about a friend and the trials and tribulations of it...

...and Winifred has her side. Maybe the more correct one that leaves room to judge a character or not. In the immortal words of nu-Alice in Chains, it's your deciiiiision~

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Defunded or Forgotten? A Side Project (7/31)
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 06:15:32 PM »
I think I want to have a go at this just to take a little break. I'll start my own thread of course. :)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 07:29:29 PM »
Have fun! And fix the rules in places I haven't if needed. I'm mostly stalling because I'm scared of rebuilding the house (NECESSARY BUT HARD) and there was a bug with Gemini actually holding a job because she perpetually was given days off. She and Sandria are still unmarried, no babies in the mix (we're between adoption waves too), I dunno man!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 03:05:57 PM »
I'm all caught up. It's an interesting read - I can't help but wonder what kind of real life stuff you draw upon for inspiration. The style tends to reveal a whole lot about how the author's mind works. Thank you for the peek into you, I feel enlightened :) *thumbs up*
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2020, 06:57:17 PM »
Have fun! And fix the rules in places I haven't if needed. I'm mostly stalling because I'm scared of rebuilding the house (NECESSARY BUT HARD) and there was a bug with Gemini actually holding a job because she perpetually was given days off. She and Sandria are still unmarried, no babies in the mix (we're between adoption waves too), I dunno man!

So far, the only rule I had to break was no wallpaper inside. In sims 3 as you know, the sims get neg moodlets for an "unfinished room" when there's no wallpaper so I used the freebie and made it pretty plain looking, lol. In sims 2, they didn't care, lol.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2020, 07:14:36 PM »

So far, the only rule I had to break was no wallpaper inside. In sims 3 as you know, the sims get neg moodlets for an "unfinished room" when there's no wallpaper so I used the freebie and made it pretty plain looking, lol. In sims 2, they didn't care, lol.

I had this set of tattered wallpaper that was too great to not use. It was pretty cheap too!

I'm all caught up. It's an interesting read - I can't help but wonder what kind of real life stuff you draw upon for inspiration. The style tends to reveal a whole lot about how the author's mind works. Thank you for the peek into you, I feel enlightened :) *thumbs up*

I'm gay so while my writing hasn't been "x but if gay" for my whole life it's how I wanna brand myself moving forward. :P The rest is just "ripped from the headlines" and ripped from my gameplay.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2020, 03:50:23 AM »
I'm gay so while my writing hasn't been "x but if gay" for my whole life it's how I wanna brand myself moving forward. :P The rest is just "ripped from the headlines" and ripped from my gameplay.
Hey, it takes skill to put it all together in a meaningful way, which you have. So, soak it up ;)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted